I Affect You - An AnuPre OS

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 5 years ago

Note: Prerna and Anurag are in a relationship already and the Sharmas know about this.

Grrr. 

Oh lord. 

Grrr. 

What now? 

GRRR! 

Okay fine! I will do something, okay? Just calm down. And, and don't make such sounds it's embarrassing, Prerna spoke to her stomach, glaring at it accusingly. 

Why did she put herself in a fix ALWAYS? Prerna reprimanded herself slapping one hand to her forehead. 

Her stomach gave another growl so large Prerna wondered if there was an animal residing in there, which roared when disturbed from its slumber. 

She patted her stomach to coax it and sighed in defeat. Time has come for the inevitable. She heaved her lazy ass of the couch and dragged herself to the kitchen. 

Prerna checked the the shelf that her mom always storerd the ready-to-make noodles in. She tip toed to open the shelf, carefully removed the lid, and groped inside the can. All her hands felt were empty space and solid steel. 

What!? 

Panicked, Prerna brought down the can, hoping against hope that maybe her hands have lost sense but her eyes would do a better job - only to be disappointed. It was stark clear that there were no noodles in there. 

F**k! 

She thought there were always noodles at her home! What the hell, she muttered, getting frustrated by the minute, her hunger pangs doing nothing to ease her irritation. 

Maybe she should try finding some biscuits? Yeappp! They have bought those nice butter ones last week. Didn't they? She looovedd those. Were did her mom keep THOSE now? 

Second shelf? Nope. Not there. The shelf below that? Not there either. First shelf. Yes. 

She opened the can and let out a big whoop of relief when she spotted the packet neatly curled at the bottom of the can. She pulled it out only to discover there was one measly biscuit left in there. 

Prerna groaned in anger. This Shivani always did this! Ate off everything and left just a little behind so that she doesn't get the whole blame of hogging whatever it was. 

Prerna moodily picked up the biscuit and bit into it. It was brittle and didn't taste anything like a biscuit. The wrapper wasn't wrapped well and the biscuit became soft. 

Wow. 

Prerna grinded her teeth so hard, it made sounds as loud as her growling stomach's. She threw the wrapper into the bin with an anger fueled by so many things going wrong. 

Prerna looked at her watch. Eleven at night. She hastily downloaded a food delivery app only to be welcomed by the good news that all the nearest restaurants were closed for ordering that day. And the nearest pizza delivery would take an hour and fifteen minutes to come. 

No. No. She can't wait for so long. She has to do this NOW! 

Prerna went to the kitchen assuming an expression of utter resignation mingled with an insane determination. 

Okay. Okay. This is all making no sense. She had to explain herself. 

Prerna Sharma had invited Anurag Basu over to her house for dinner. Correction. The Sharmas invited Anurag Basu over for dinner. Anurag Basu being that golden boy that he was agreed with his ever present good boy smile - result being that the whole Sharma family had to endure an hour long session of Mrs Sharma's reasons of Why Anurag Basu was the perfect kid of them all. It put all of the Sharma siblings on slow burn. But they bore with it. 

However things didn't end up the way they wanted because one of Mrs Sharma's relatives fell seriously ill and she rushed them all off to see this relative. 

Except for Prerna Sharma. 

Prerna was given express instructions to stay behind and tell Mr Anurag Basu how very sorry Mrs Sharma and the whole family was to cancel the engagement but it was absolutely unavoidable. 

Prerna seriously believed her mom loved Anurag more than she loved her. Or any of the Sharma kids. Screw you Basu, she sulked. 

After wiling her time away doing that one thing her mom asked her not to do - laze on the couch and binge watch random web series - she called Anurag at 8 PM. Again to be told that he was very sorry he had to cancel the dinner as work cropped up unexpectedly. For some reason, it pissed her off so badly, she didn't even tell him her family was out. 

And then she resumed her lazing. When her stomach started making sounds so loud she was scared she would wake her sleeping neighbors, she resigned herself to the food hunt to end up being utterly unsuccessful. 

Prerna didn't know how to cook. Her rotis were never gol nor were they edible. Her mom's told her umpteen times to learn the barest cooking and she had very conveniently paid zero attention. Now she was going through hell. 

God! Why are moms ALWAYS SOOO RIGHHT? 

Prerna planned to make three rotis and eat them with some achaar. She had progressed to the stage where she managed to knead dough of an acceptable consistency when she heard the bell ring. 

She uttered a loud, "It's open." She guessed she knew who it was. 

Anurag Basu came in, holding a bouquet of beautiful flowers, looking around the empty house confused. 

"Where is everyone?"

Prerna decided dignified silence would be a better answer and remained stoically silent, ploughing her way through the dough. She was so cool, she thought, giving herself a pat on the back. She is playing it so well. 

But her system gave her away. Her stomach chose the exact moment to give its largest growl of the evening. 

"Woah," Anurag said, placing the bouquet on the kitchen counter. He deftly stepped behind her and smoothly slid his arms around her waist pulling her close to himself. "What's in here?"

Prerna swat his arms and jerked him off. She continued to put on her silent stance with as much dignity as she could muster as her stomach took to growling non stop as though it was its job to embarrass her. 

Laughing Anurag pulled her into his arms, with practiced ease and said, "I knew our kids would be monsters, but didn't imagine they would start being so since this young. When were you going to deliver me the good news?" 

Prerna's mouth fell open and her cheeks colored. 

"Don't speak like that. It's wrong to behave like that with a girl," She admonished him. She turned to her dough and kneaded some more. 

"Oh? Is it okay to DO like with the said girl?" Anurag asked, nudging her shoulder with his, smiling naughtily. 

Prerna turned redder than tomato. He was referring to the last week when they... When she.. When.. Okay you got it right... You guys know what it is. 

"That's different," Prerna said, as she tried regaining her composure. 

Anurag grinned, his heart fluttering as the thought that only he could bring this out from Prerna Sharma crossed him. 

"You are so cute," Anurag said grinning and pinching her cheeks. 

"Ouch! Stop!" Prerna yelled, prying his fingers open.

"Credit is mine though," He said, smirking contentedly. 

"Meaning what?" She asked, crossing her arms, eyebrows furrowed. 

"Meaning, Prerna Sharma," He whispered, as he drew her into his arms, and placed a light kiss on her forehead. "I affect you."

"Oh pleaaasee!" Prerna squealed, throwing in a sarcastic 'hah' for more effect. "Speaking of yourself, are you, Mr Basu? Of what I observed YOU haven't been able to keep your hands off me from the moment you stepped into this kitchen. Figures I AFFECT YOU!"

Anurag's come back was interrupted by another loud rumble. He looked at the sorry excuse of roti that Prerna made and back to her to see her look super tired. He decided he would make some food and then they could argue about who affected who. 

Anurag started making the rotis, as Prerna sat on the counter beside him, smiling indulgently inspite of herself. This guy knew every damn thing in this world! HER guy knew every damn thing in this world she corrected herself, smiling. 

"Why are you smiling like a witch?" He asked her, even as he finished off making a palm sized cute roti. 

"I am going to ignore that 'witch' remark because you are making me food and I am also going to give you an ego boost by telling that my mom would trade me ANYDAY for a kid like you."

Anurag laughed at that. 

"Well then I hope the kids get their manners from me then." He said, giving her a furtive smile. 

"Whose kids?" Prerna asked. 

"Yours and mine," Anurag deadpanned, giving her a look. 

Prerna laughed and ruffled his hair in return. Something he allowed only her to do. 

Prerna continued watching him make rotis with unwavering concentration and decided it was time to test her theory. 

She slowly, seemingly innocently, let her toes graze his legs. Once. Twice. Thrice. Slowly, she ran her feet all over his legs. 

The roti in Anurag's hand slipped to the counter as he turned to give her a questioning look. Prerna locked her legs with his pulling him close. Her hand slowly and deliberately, reached upto his face. She slowly angled his face to one side as she placed a lingering kiss on his jaw line, even as she drew circles on his legs with her toes. Her stomach made another feeble rumble which she ignored. 

"Prerna, let us get you some food?" Anurag said, his eyes closed, voice strained. 

"Hmm," Prerna muttered letting him go. 

Anurag stood there for a moment looking conflicted. Shaking his head, he proceeded to make more rotis, putting some on the pan. 

Prerna slid down from the counter and approached him from behind. She slid her arms around his waist, and tip toed, grazing his neckline with her nose. 

Anurag suspected her intentions and continued making his roti, making a Herculean effort to ignore her. 

Prerna smiling devilishly, now proceeded to running her finger tips on his back knowing how much it affected him, placing a kiss now and then on his cheek. 

"Prerna," Anurag said, turning around to give her a look which he assumed would scare the daylights out of people. It did. With other people. Not with her. Prerna was so used to that look by now, she found it rather cute. 

However she subsided and returned to her place on the counter. 

Anurag was making his last small roti when Prerna tapped him on the shoulder to receive a serious stern this time. "Khud pakalo khana!" He said, putting the rolling pin to the side. 

Prerna's smile dropped. No. She wasn't even the slightest disappointed. However, she turned away after giving him the puppy dog look which no one in the world except for him bought. 

Anurag sighed, looking genuinely sorry. Awww. The guy was such a sweetheart! Prerna felt guilty for having put up the charade. He really as such a dork! 

"Just give me five minutes, okay? You have been hungry for so long. Haina?" He told her cajolingly. 

Prerna nodded smiling. As Anurag turned to the counter, she pulled him around, and kissed him smack on his mouth. "I love you," She said her eyes full of love for the man infront of her. 

Anurag sighed. "You see what I do to you after dinner. You are going to regret every second of this Prerna Sharma." Anurag warned her. 

"Oh. Maybe that's what I want?" She winked. 

Anurag looked at her, mouth falling open. Since when was Prerna Sharma getting into making suggestive innuendos? 

"Okay, I will go and pick up a movie for us to watch okay?" She said shuffling out of the kitchen.

Anurag gave her a thumbs up, smiling. 

Prerna's head popped into the kitchen. "Also, I affect you." She said winking, grinning victoriously. 

Anurag laughed his eyes shining with love. He couldn't agree more. 

Author's Note:

Okay. This is all damn new for me. But I liked it!

Please tell me how it is. Okay? I would love to know!

Peace and love to all!

Edited by Zaya.hp - 5 years ago
aww this one os so so cute man
loved it
Loved it❤️ Edited by Chemistrylover - 5 years ago
Originally posted by AdyaXoxo

Aww man , this is ❤️

Thanks. 🤗
Originally posted by Prizi

aww this one os so so cute man
loved it

Thank you so much❤️
Originally posted by Chemistrylover

Loved it ❤️

Thanks 🤗
Originally posted by Zaya.hp

Thanks.🤗

You write so well ⭐️ 👏
It's a pleasure to read your work
Omg!
This is SO SO SO AMAZING!
I can't even
Oh! What would I do to see this scene on the screen.
You should definitely become the writer for the show, and then see the sky rocketing response.
This was so beautifully written. Couldn't stop smiling
Originally posted by AdyaXoxo

You write so well ⭐️ 👏
It's a pleasure to read your work

It means a LOTTT to me! Thank you so much! 
Originally posted by HARSHTA

Omg!
This is SO SO SO AMAZING!
I can't even
Oh! What would I do to see this scene on the screen.
You should definitely become the writer for the show, and then see the sky rocketing response.
This was so beautifully written. Couldn't stop smiling

Such a LOVELY comment! Thank you so much! ❤️