Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka Actress Drashti Dhami Says The Trolls Didn'

rajh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka Actress Drashti Dhami Says The Trolls Didn't Affect Her!

Drashti played the role of Nandini on Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka. Although her performance was praised by the audiences, a few of them didn't like her playing the role of other woman (Nandini) on the show. She was trolled for the same on social media. She decided to quit the show after five months when the makers decided to continue airing it on an OTT platform. Drashti says that she is not affected by the trolls and enjoyed the experience of working on the show as she had a lot of fun with the cast.

Drashti Unaffected By The Trolls! She was quoted by HT as saying, "I had fun with the cast, who were like-minded people. The trolling didn't affect me as I knew I was playing a role and doing my best."

The Actress Says... She further added, "Every show has its destiny and everyone faces ups and downs in their career. Sometimes things don't work to your expectations, and that's okay. I don't regret doing the show at all."

Drashti Rocked In Sensuous Look On The Show Drashti upped her style game on the show. She rocked a sensuous look with sexy blouses and designer saris. For her amazing style, she gives credit to her stylist on the show.

It Feels Awesome To Look Good On Screen' The actress said, "The look came together very well and thankfully people loved it. It feels awesome to look good on screen. I think I looked different on the show as compared to my previous roles. Personally, I am not a fussy dresser so it was fun dressing up."

Read more at: https://www.filmibeat.com/television/news/2019/silsila-badalte-rishton-ka-drashti-dhami-says-trolls-didnt-affect-her-was-playing-role-doing-best/articlecontent-pf276585-281423.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chirpyhapibird thumbnail
How you remember your role ? By sexy blouses and designer sarees ?
Even if it doesn't do justice to the role.
Chumki1968 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: chirpyhapibird

This is too 🤣 were you in bv forum?
Alohomora_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Sad to see that all you can do when it cones to one woman is s**t shame her repeatedly and as usual mods will take no action. When Aditi wears cleavage revealing or body hugging dresses do you say that's how you remember Mouli? For the low neck gowns?What a woman WEARS is HER CHOICE. Just because someone wears designer sarees doesn't mean you can mock her for it. Ever heard of Zeenat Aman? One of the "sexiest" bollywood divas we have had..she was a victim of domestic violence too. Dressing doesn't always reflect what someone is going through internally and it's pathetic to see such SEXIST thinking coming from women themselves! Disgusting.
Alohomora_ thumbnail
Anyway kudos to DD for keeping her grace and class intact and giving a very dignified reply. 👏 No blame game,no victim playing. She knows it comes with the job and she knows how to handle it with dignity 👍🏼
chirpyhapibird thumbnail
Originally posted by: Chumki1968

This is too 🤣 were you in bv forum?

nO.

Television is unrealistic.

They never dress according to the role and situations.
I used to watch waaris show on andTv.
It was a surprise.
Every character dressed as per their role.
Looking good was not their main priority ...being professional and being in the role was more important.

i m a fan of the girl who played mannu.
i even spoke to her ...because i have her number.
Just fills heart with her cuteness

Edited by chirpyhapibird - 5 years ago
Alohomora_ thumbnail

nO.

Television is unrealistic.

They never dress according to the role and situations.
I used to watch waaris show on andTv.
It was a surprise.
Every character dressed as per their role.
Looking good was not their main priority ...being professional and being in the role was more important.

Unbelievable sexism here and why am I not surprised ! Same person hailed the vamp of one of DDs previous shows as hot and sexy for wearing similar backless and sexy sarees and even better shipped the married lead with the other woman and actively wanted their EMA  😆 Ah the irony ! Anyway here are some points I want to make and let me see you counter them.

A .What a character looks like is decided by creative's not the actors.Aditi too wears deep neck gowns and body hugging clothes at a time when she is supposedly shattered from within. So should I say more than doing "justice" to character looking good was her intention by the same logic?

B. Who decides what dressing goes with the character? Can you gaurantee me every woman who has faced abuse doesn't like to dress up or look good? Can you explain to me why Rihanna or Zeenat dressed the way they used to despite being abused back home?

C.. If looking good was the priority Drashti would never have done the kind of roles she has done from Geet to Muskan to Naina where she got the most average clothes  and looks possible. Infact she hardly ever cared about she wore. In this show the creative's wanted this kind of look. How is that her fault when she was just going with their vision?

Edited by Alohomora_ - 5 years ago
FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Alohomora_

Unbelievable sexism here and why am I not surprised ! Same person hailed the vamp of one of DDs previous shows as hot and sexy for wearing similar backless and sexy sarees and even better shipped the married lead with the other woman and actively wanted their EMA  😆 Ah the irony ! Anyway here are some points I want to make and let me see you counter them.

A .What a character looks like is decided by creative's not the actors.Aditi too wears deep neck gowns and body hugging clothes at a time when she is supposedly shattered from within. So should I say more than doing "justice" to character looking good was her intention by the same logic?

B. Who decides what dressing goes with the character? Can you gaurantee me every woman who has faced abuse doesn't like to dress up or look good? Can you explain to me why Rihanna or Zeenat dressed the way they used to despite being abused back home?

C.. If looking good was the priority Drashti would never have done the kind of roles she has done from Geet to Muskan to Naina where she got the most average clothes  and looks possible. Infact she hardly ever cared about she wore. In this show the creative's wanted this kind of look. How is that her fault when she was just going with their vision?

Let it be 
No point.. 
archi_ban thumbnail
This interview of Drashti is almost 2 weeks old. Why was this posted now? Hasnt she been abused personally, mocked and hated enough on this forum for just playing a character in a TV show? Guess as they say, love is blind; hate is blind too. The best decision Drashti took was to quit this show. May she get all the success and happiness she deserves. Will definitely watch her future projects. 
Minionite thumbnail
Hello everyone,

Drashti exited quite some time back. While I understand that these articles are still being posted elsewhere, please stop sharing them here. These articles incite bashing here.

Closed.