Nazar Daily Episode Discussion Thread - Page 2

Posted: 5 years ago

Hi

Welcome to Nazar !

You can use this thread to discuss past & previous episodes plot points characters cast & crew etc

You are welcome to share your viewpoints & observations...discuss anything that you personally liked or disliked about the show.

GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW:

• Bashing other Fan Groups is strictly not allowed 
  • Neither is personal attacks or mocking an Individual's Choices.  

Simply Use the Report button 

• Not allowed to make show comparisons

Finally all FAN Groups are Welcome to use this Thread   😊

Edited by Hallyumint - 5 years ago

People always ask me as to why do I like Mohana so much 

Arre oh Samba !! kitne aadmi the ?...

I Love you Kkk Kiran...

Mogambo Khush Hua !!

Shakaal ke haath mein jitne patte hote hai ... 

utne hi patte uski aasteen mein bhi hote hai

STILL DON'T GET IT ???

These Characters are Pure Evil Mind you Yet people still love them

Decades later they are still fondly remembered  Why ??

Because they are Kick-Ass Villains  !!!

Mohana is one such Iconic Villain ! She is a class above those saree clad, loud makeup wearing, scheming Tv Vamps. In a world of 2 Dimensional cardboard Characters she is a well written Tv character 

More than that without doing anything She's immensely likable as a Villain

With that lets kick start this post with 

" 10 bahane udke lagayi dil, lagayi dil You stole my Heart Man...!

Reason 1 : Mohana Owns her Sexuality 

No I am not talking about the skin show here ! She is very much comfortable in her skin & it shows .

She's got that confidence in herself as a women. She knows the effect she has on men. That trait of raw sensuality of hers fits right into her role as predator. 

She'll know how to properly court the guy & hold her own with them. Its actually refreshing to see the woman take charge in that department. 

There's a reason I'm saying this !

It's in fashion for our Tv heroines to be deliberately coy ! Otherwise she risks being branded sexually promiscuous .

Because Heavens Forbid  !! Our innocent dudh ki dulhi ( read pure as virgin snow 1950's Hindi film ki Heroine) tries to even flirt let alone show interest in the opposite sex

No that stereotype has never gone out late, or on a date, kissed the guy let alone approached him or flirted back . 

You get the picture ! They wouldn't even know what to do with the guy if he takes an interest in them let alone take charge !

No that dept is left solely to the Vamp !!

Reason 2 : No Prince Charming needed to rescue this Damsel 

Mentally Tough ... She survived in a freaking box for 20 yrs.. Alone without going insane. Yet no Box could break her. Instead she sat there & not only did she plot out her rescue but also thought 10 steps ahead to gain Immortality . You can't say the same for the Rathore family . Who possess the full use of their hands & legs & all the fresh air in the world . Yet they constantly need someone to rescue them.  You might argue "But she's a Daayan & they don't have feelings "  Even a Daayan would go cuckoo if they were stuck there eternally. Even our resident Chudail felt the suffocation for 20 yrs. 

Along with being self-reliant another good quality of Mohana is she is that she is her Biggest Motivator . Having been on her own for 200 years it comes in handy . There is no one there for her No family to speak of . Normally you show this kind of trope in saas bahu shows. After 20 yr leap bahu is separated from her kids is hated by her family. Depressed discouraged she spends many a episode weeping her heart out.  

That same trope is subverted here .When things go bad the Rathore parivar being 10 constantly need encouragement. 

Mohana is different ! She is own support system , coolly she plots ahead to her next move . 

All in all ...Women knows how to take  care of herself ! It is downright sexy !  

Reason 3: Machiavellian  Strategist 

A story is only as good as it Villain !  A villain brings life to the story . He also creates the necessary conflict needed for our hero to prove his worth. Think about it if your villain was boring or weak would anyone be interested in the story or even look at the hero.  In like manner Mohana being a shrewd tactician spices up the proceedings ! I really enjoyed the moves she comes up with be it the Daayan ki Ulti Chaal', Ice cream Ved' or the Chudail bagao Andolan' to name a few !!

The only downside is our story's protagonists can't match wits with Mohana so it feels like they are being bullied . You need equally Crafty Hero to balance it out ( aka Durga vs Sakshi Goenka).

What a let downer ! 

Reason 4 :  Both the Daayan & the Actor Behind it 

Whoever thought of casting Monalisa as a Daayan did us a huge favor. That role was tailor made for her. Where Monalisa begins & where Mohana ends you can't make out. 

There's a certain gravitas that she lends to her role that comes only from having accumulated vast number of years experience as an actor. 

When she acts she brings versatility to her performance. When she is delivering dialogues she speaks not just with her eyes she uses her whole body to emote !

You can see it in the way she moves, the way she walks . That confident swagger and choti swish complete with that trademark smirk . Sometimes innocent , sometimes naughty come hither looks. You enjoy watching her act onscreen. 

Even in  her Dialogue Delivery you expect a harsher more menacing tone since she is a Daayan. Yet her soft delivery takes you by surprise. Her soft tone can be sensuous, can also be menacing .  

Equal parts charming equal parts menacing ! You can't turn your eyes away from her like literally Nazar hatti nahi'

She brings an element of realism to her role as predator. 

An out & out Entertainer . She's got that X factor needed to pull off this kind of role .

To sum up what she brings to the table as Daayan is the complete package of  badassery ,charisma , fearlessness & motherly instincts ! 

The kind of women id like to see on Indian Tv . Shame she's evil ! Would it be too much to ask the channel writers to redefine the idea of what its means to be good ??? The last Tv heroine who did that was Durga Goenka . Unfortunately she was a rarity not the norm . 

Reason 5: DD...Dance Basanti 

I love it when the Daayan dances ! 

There's this inner joy you feel in her as she dances ! She literally light up the screen when she moves 

That's because Monalisa loves dancing and it shows. Anywhere anytime you don't need to prompt her . 

When she dances her energy is quite infectious . Makes you want to join right in ! It's a real treat to watch her ! 

You can watch the video right here 

Nazar's-Mona-lisa-burns-the-dance-floor-at-Agenda-Aaj-Tak

Reason 6: Glam Quotient 

She puts the cool back in choti ! That one braid together with big bindi & chudis is reminiscent of those old fashioned 50's heroines ! Yet she manages to make it look trendy for today's times . 

Reason 7: Star power 

Being this show's main lead she carries it well on her shoulders . I must say on Tv it is unusual to have a show based on a villain .  Charismatic she's like a heroine with a twist & an edge . 

Reason 8: Daayan ka Andaz  

Why would i root for her ??

In Lucifer's words : Because She's Wicked Fun !  I've never been so highly entertained by a Tv character not since well Lucifer appeared onscreen . Makes it a pleasant break from the regular dal bhatti fare .

This is where you benefit when you employ a film actress 

for a Tv serial.

Her tashan with which she approaches everything . The Badassary with which she does everything while being Totally Evil. 

As if she's inviting you join in on the fun . You feel scandalised by her actions at the same time you can't help rooting for her .  

She makes the Daayan look Damn Cool !

Reason 9:  Lady sure can Fight !!!

Let me just say here that she has some badass fighting skills. There isn't anything delicate or pretty about Mohana .When you watch her there's this earthy rawness to her fights . She like a lioness come alive onscreen. You get the sense that the toughness she invests into her role feels like an extension of her real life persona.

Unlike other supernatural shows where special effects is the norm we get to watch actual fight scenes. Must say her fight scenes are a hoot to watch !

Reason10:  Daayan ke Stunts 

I would be remiss if I didn't mention her stunts. This section deserves a separate heading by itself .

A Daredevil she has redefined Action onscreen !

As an performer Monalisa is extremely fit & agile .  Taking advantage of this the action director gets the opportunity to utilise her skill sets to present to us a plethora of stunts for our Entertainment ! 

[ Monalisa's Interview ]

You can see that in almost every episode she's performing some stunt or the other. Be it plain climbing up walls or trees or getting chained to cars or jumping on trucks. 

[ Mo climbing tree BTS ]

Till date she's added many good stunts to her portfolio . There was the Moansh team up fights ( Piya Naman wedding sequence & Revavanshi fight ) , Divya vs Mo fight, then the getting chained to the car like a Bollywood Hero & breaking free stunt to name a few & many others. 

But the most memorable of them all was the Chudail vs Daayan Car Sequence ! Electrifying is what i call it ! 

What made it stand apart was that it was a hardcore action scene reminiscent of those 70s Blockbuster Bollywood films (It brought me to the days when audiences used to maaro seetiya' s & bajao taliya's when their favourite hero Amitabh bachan used to dishoom' dishoom' the bad guy onscreen ) and not your run of the mill Special effects scenes you normally see on Supernatural Shows ! Both Sreejita & Monalisa did complete justice to it . They fought like those heroes of yester years

Why am i highlighting this particular sequence ! 

Women rarely get to showcase their fighting skills . Films yes but to a lesser extent never eclipsing the hero or not many films showcasing this aspect.  But on Tv it is unheard of !  

Extra  Reason because i can ðŸ˜‰

TRP Triggered Tears !

In every serial there is one member who stands in for the audience. Usually thats the Bahu err i mean Main heroine.

So if she cries we cry along with her . If she is despised by her sasural and hated by them . Yet sticks around the house rather than leaving We're forced to suffer along with her . ( Typical plot lines) 

Here i have a smart capable woman . So i can switch off my emotions & go along for the joy ride 

Press Like if u appreciated this post 

Give me your "10 bahane in the comment section below as to why you Love/Hate Mohana !!

- From Daayan Sangini (DS) aka Dayan Fan 

Can't understand how does dayan tree work? do you any idea why it is favoring mohana so much?

i thought, it's a evil druid which used to work for mohona's family. But they established the fact,it works for all the evil entities.

Yesterday's episode is okay; but ant vfx is so bad. Nishant trick to find ansh is ridiculous - patal ketki is poisonous to ansh; they know it will weaken him. They also know it's been used on him and still went ahead used it again. Why can't they just check the rooms normally first?

Thank god, they didn't make pia as dumb n helpless again. I enjoyed her handling things on her own.
Originally posted by Rags-1185

Can't understand how does dayan tree work? do you any idea why it is favoring mohana so much?

i thought, it's a evil druid which used to work for mohona's family. But they established the fact,it works for all the evil entities.

Yesterday's episode is okay; but ant vfx is so bad. Nishant trick to find ansh is ridiculous - patal ketki is poisonous to ansh; they know it will weaken him. They also know it's been used on him and still went ahead used it again. Why can't they just check the rooms normally first?

Thank god, they didn't make pia as dumb n helpless again. I enjoyed her handling things on her own.

daayan tree is loyal 2 mohna , daayan tree luvs mohna , i m sure he will finad way so that mohna survives.😆
Originally posted by deepikagupta9

Related image

4 taking inciative 

😳 aw shucks you're making me blush 
Originally posted by Rags-1185

I thought Pia going back to Daivik would signal her crybaby status. Relieved thats not the case.

Daayan vriksh not sarp vriksh or bhaisasur vriksh - the name says it all  so Mo gets first dips on the tree 

Originally posted by deepikagupta9

daayan tree is loyal 2 mohna , daayan tree luvs mohna , i m sure he will finad way so that mohna survives. 😆

Mirror Mirror on the wall err sorry Tree on the floor who's the fairest i mean powerful of them all ðŸ˜‰
Great; so, will all the supernatural creatures go after mohana for sarp's powers or is it only applicable for davansh only?
This is the first series, whose changes their supernatural world's rule for every episode. It's getting hard to keep track of these rules.