Patiala Babes

Octothorpe thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
This is yet another continuation from the last one but can be read individually. This idea popped in after seeing Hanuman Singh comforting Mini on the Lohri night. That was on endearing scene ❤️. I'll provide link for last OS too to get proper understanding of this one. Also, not proofread so there'll be grammatical and spelling errors so ignore that please 😳.

The Ties That Are Bigger!

Babita was in her room reading some magazine while Mini, Hanuman Singh, Laala Bhaisaab and Naim Bi were downstairs baking some cake seeing it on YouTube. "Nahi taar uncle, aapne zyda sugar daal diya." Mini said stopping Hanuman Singh from making the cake too sugary. Naim Bi suggested to add more flour and other ingredients to balance the sugar. They were playing more and baking less but their laughter filled Babita's heart upstairs. She was smiling unvoluntarily while still looking at the magazine.

"Mr. Ashok, please get signatures from Babita Ma'am and Mini on this file. It's urgent." Daisy told Ashok who just took file from her and nodded his head. "Ab peon wale kaam bhi karne padenge. I shouldn't have agreed for this job, par main kar bhi kya sakta tha. Koi job dene ko bhi toh tayyiar nahi tha. Anyway, seedha uske ghar jaake file de dunga aur sign ke liye bol dunga. Woh boss hai and I shouldn't bring past into it. Chal Ashok. You have lot to do." He talked to himself and agreed to his idea of going to her house to get the signatures.

"Babes. Aaja." Mini called for Babita. Her clan has decorated the entire hall with balloons and flowers. Babita heard Mini calling and proceeded to downstairs. "Happy Birthday!" They shouted in unison. Babita had the widest of the smile adorning her face. As she moved downstairs, they sang the birthday song for her. Mini reached to the last step of the staircase and gave Babita her hand. Babita smiled and held her hand. It wasn't exactly a surprise party for her but everything just warmed her heart. Everyone wished her individually and cake, that was not so professionally baked was brought. It is the little things that add to the joys in life. Her eyes welled up with tears of joy. She wished for happiness for everyone and blew off the candles. Cutting the cake, she fed the first piece to Mini, because of whom she was where she was. Everyone took chances and fed each other the yummiest chocolate cake they knew existed.

'Ting Tong' the doorbell rang. Laala went to open the door and saw Ashok standing with a file. "Ji?" It was evident that Laala Bhaisaab didn't like his presence. In all these years, Babita has become just like his younger sister whom he never had in life. Her tying Rakhi every year made him responsible towards her and knowing that Ashok was the same man who had hurt her back in time just pisses him off. "Woh, Babita I mean Ma'am se signature lene then on this file." Ashok was hell awkward but what's done is to be done. "Aaiye." Laala Bhaisaab said in a stern voice telling him clearly that he didn't like him coming. Ashok entered and saw everyone laughing and enjoying. Babita saw him and left the celebration to attend him. "Yes. Koi kaam tha?" She asked. "Haan. Woh inn papers par tumhare aur Mini, I mean aapke aur Mini ke signatures chahiye the." Ashok said awkwardly giving her the papers. Everyone stopped doing what they were doing upon hearing his voice. "Aap thoda wait kijiye yahaan. I'll just read the papers and sign them." Babita said taking the file and going to her room.

Ashok was standing silently looking at everyone who were busy in their own world again. "Hanuman Uncle, aapse permission chahiye thi." Mini said to Hanuman Singh. "Haan bol Chori ke chahiye tanne?" Hanuman Singh said lovingly. "Woh actually, college se kuch log camp pe jaa rahe iss weekend paas ke jungle mein, toh kya main jaa sakti hoon." Mini said looking at the floor. "Tu apni Maa se puch. Mai ke kahu?" Hanuman Singh said. "Uncle aap toh jaate ho, Babes kabhi nahi jaane degi. But aap kahoge toh she'll allow. Please please please." Mini pleased. "Theek hai jaa but don't forget to call your Babes and Me every hour nahi toh hum pareshaan honge. Aur tu promise kar ki apna khyaal rakhegi?" Hanuman Singh put forth his conditions. "Pakka promise." Mini said excitedly.

"Itni badi bacchi ko akele kaise jaane ki permission de sakte ho tum?" Ashok spoke in between. Mini and Hanuman Singh looked at him. Mini moved to speak something but Hanuman Singh held her hand. "Kyon Bhai? Kyon na jaane de sakta? Self defense aata hai isko, toh kyon isko ghar mein baandh ke rakhega koi. Koi haath nahi laga pata iss chori ko toh chinta kis baat ki hai?" Hanuman Singh said. "Tumhein chinta hogi bhi kyon? Tum iske baap toh ho nahi." Ashok said.

"Sahi kaha. Wo Mini ke baap nahi hain par jabse usse jaante hain, baap se kam bhi nahi hain." Babita said from behind. "College ka first year tha, Mini college ki trip pe gyi thi aur usse raat mein deri ho gyi thi aane mein. Mujhe aankh lag gayi aur pata bhi nahi chala par ye puri raat nahi soye jab tak Mini nahi aai. Sahi kaha, ye baap nahi hai Mini ke." Babita looked at Hanuman Singh. "Pichle saal se Mini ne office join kar liya and she gets her salary on the first of every month in her account but jaise hi inki salary aati hai, ye paanch hazar Mini ke bag mein daal dete hain, uski pocket money. Sahi kaha, yeh baap nahi hain uske." Babita looked at Mini who smiled proudly. "Ek din Mini ka jhagda ho gya tha Preet se aur wo mere paas nahi aayi, Mini unke gale lag ke royi thi. Sahi kaha, ye baap nahi hain Mini ke." Naim Bi was happy. "Inka koi kaam ho ya na ho par Mini ke future ke liye saving sabse pehle karte hain. Sahi kaha, ye baap nahi hain Mini ke." Babita looked at Ashok who stood silently. "Mini ka ek baar accident ho gaya tha, raat bhar uska haath pakad kar baithe the, uss din pehli baar inko rote hue dekha tha maine inko. Sahi kaha, ye baap nahi hain Mini ke." Babita said as if taunting Ashok. " Aur aisi bahut si baatein hain jo agar batane baith jaaun toh Subah ho jaayegi. Ye Mini ke baare mein koi galat decision le lein, aisa ho hi nahi sakta. Anyway, aapko Mini ki tension lene ki ab koi zaroorat nahi hai. Uske paas kafi log hain uski chinta karne ke liye. Here's the file, I have signed it, Mini ke signature iss par nahi lagenge. You may leave now. Good night." Babita handed him the file and Ashok left.

They again went on with dancing and giggling occasionally pulling legs. Hanuman Singh felt happy and so did everyone.

Zindagi mein ye zaroori nahi ki jahan pyaar ho wahan kisi rishte ka naam ho. Kabhi kabhi insaan unn rishton se bezaar ho kar wahi pyaar benaam rishton mein bhi dhund leta hai. Ek insaan kab tak kisi ke khalipan ko le ke ghumta rahega? Zindagi kahan kabhi kisi ke liye rukti hai. Rishte toh dil ke hote hain.

( Imagine the italic part as Mini's voice over amidst all the hugs and laughter. )

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kajal21 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Awsome os
Love it
Do write more
Octothorpe thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: KajalTiwari

Awsome os

Love it
Do write more

Yes will keep writing as story progresses😃
Thank you for reading😃
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
And it keeps getting better and better!
This one is my favourite till now! And I feel that for the every new OS you write!😆

OMG. I got goosebumps when Babita spoke of their relationship. It was so so heartwarming to read and imagine this!

Octo, you are bang on with such emotions. I loved it so much! Actually felt like reading an upcoming script. Hope CVs take some cue from these. 

Hanumaan and Mini's scene moved me too! I felt I was in tears. Such a soulful scene, where she cries on his shoulder and he lovingly consoles her 😭
And the happy and proud version of that very emotional scene seems recreated here.
I love how you took up small incidents. Life is defined by such tiny moments isn't it?😳

And the VO. Wow. Just wow! Felt so simple and real, straight to the heart.

And hahaha, the initial cake baking thing 😆
Finally, Lala is here! What a different and happy family!😳
Awesome Octo!

Please keep writing. You're amazing at this.

Much love.
PS : I love to hate Ashok here too 😈

Octothorpe thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Mishti_Dahi

And it keeps getting better and better! Aww 🤗

This one is my favourite till now! And I feel that for the every new OS you write! 😆I hope I'm able to maintain that quality in future shots too😃

OMG. I got goosebumps when Babita spoke of their relationship. It was so so heartwarming to read and imagine this! Wo saare dialogues kabse ghoom rahe the dimmag me😆

Octo, you are bang on with such emotions. I loved it so much! Actually felt like reading an upcoming script. Hope CVs take some cue from these. Hopefully. I just want them to showcase such relationships too

Hanumaan and Mini's scene moved me too! I felt I was in tears. Such a soulful scene, where she cries on his shoulder and he lovingly consoles her 😭 That was one of the best scenes till now and I don't think I'll be able to accept someone else as ML now😛
And the happy and proud version of that very emotional scene seems recreated here.
I love how you took up small incidents. Life is defined by such tiny moments isn't it?😳I always cherish these little things in life😳

And the VO. Wow. Just wow! Felt so simple and real, straight to the heart. It came directly from the heart❤️

And hahaha, the initial cake baking thing 😆
Finally, Lala is here! What a different and happy family!😳 Lala is one important character you see 😉
Awesome Octo!

Please keep writing. You're amazing at this. I will but you should keep giving me such beautiful feedbacks🤗

Much love.
PS : I love to hate Ashok here too 😈 jald hi pocha bhi maarega ye. Don't worry🤣

Thank you so much for reading🤗
Edited by Octothorpe - 5 years ago
divyadaya13 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Superb, you are an amazing writer😊
Octothorpe thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: divyadaya13

Superb, you are an amazing writer 😊

Aww thank you so much🤗
Secret_Giggle thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Superb update... 
I loved the fact ki Babita ne Ashok ki halat kutton ke jaise krdi hai...Aur haan... Vo dialogue "Sahi kaha baap nahii hain" ..Hayeee...Maza aa gaya 😆😆
Edited by Secret_Giggle - 5 years ago
Octothorpe thumbnail

Unres soon😃
AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i had goose bumps when i read the last few lines since i always tell my best friend this when in the beginning people used to say how can a boy and girl be just friends