Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pjyo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Originally posted by: 4thPrincoholic

But flipflop has a point .. Why are dogs lives placed on a pedestal compared to that of cows or other animals?! .. Don't "all animals" deserve to be treasured and protected? .. Many cringe at Asian folks eating cat or dog meat while eating beef is a "pleasure" .. I never understood the logic behind this dichotomy! .. πŸ€”

I agree,why  is only one sacred and not other if both r created by godπŸ€”
Fip flop has raised a very valid point-in my state (kerala) there were over 1 lakh stray dog bites in one year . It not cute when u r scared to walk on roads as  they gangup and bite passers-by 

Edited by pjyo - 5 years ago
pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

But flipflop has a point .. Why are dogs lives placed on a pedestal compared to that of cows or other animals?! .. Don't "all animals" deserve to be treasured and protected? .. Many cringe at Asian folks eating cat or dog meat while eating beef is a "pleasure" .. I never understood the logic behind this dichotomy! .. πŸ€”

Lol. Same. As someone who loves both dogs and cows, will never understand this bias.Edited by ZackKnightRocks - 5 years ago
chachichampa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Oh that is completely another argument and I agree with your points on that one.  I just dont understand blind hatred for anything.  Its always more constructive to try to co exist.  People have a problem with dogs -- but what do they do --- chase them and hit them around - and the natural consequence is obviously going to be that they bite you trying to defend themselves.  

In our area thankfully there are all animal lovers.  So here is what we did.  Got all the dogs sterilized (and there were many), we feed the dogs regularly and everyone loves them or if not atleast respects them to leave them alone.  And in about 12 years we have only 3 dogs left now who are in their old age.  Being friendly with the dogs made them easy to catch for sterilization and we had the exact count of how many were there to be able to tackle this problem.  

Guess what non thinking, animal haters do --- just complain goverment kuch nahi karta, be violent with animals and get aggresion back in return.  And obviously they dont do anything themselves so animal populations have multiplied and its not easy to catch dogs which are scared of people.

So which method works??? You can judge for yourself.  

Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: flipfl0p

In Indian city, if you are going for a morning walk, or if you had to return home at night night in two wheeler and then a bunch of these innocents chase you, I will see how you find it cute. All my rationality, humanity etc etc dies when I am in fear. 

Let pc world be damned, let all animal rights be damned. I just want the world to get rid of stray dogs. If anyone finds them innocents, please put them in your home.  😑

These animal rights people have gone to court and council cannot kill stray dogs as before. Council says they are sterilising these dogs, but I see five cute puppies on the street. These cute little puppies will be tomorrow's stray dogs. Nobody is doing anything. In a decade, every street in every city of India is having a stray dog army. 

When someone says cows should not be killed, liberals say it is imposing someone's values onto somebody. Same liberals fight for the life of these stray dogs. πŸ€¬

IvI' never seen such hate for stray dogs beforeπŸ˜† theyrth really cute n fiercely loyal. If u feed them even a biscuit they love u,n they keep the locality safe. Loads of times wecwe understood burglers HV entered the colony hearing these stray dogs bark. 
Charaiveti thumbnail

But flipflop has a point .. Why are dogs lives placed on a pedestal compared to that of cows or other animals?! .. Don't "all animals" deserve to be treasured and protected? .. Many cringe at Asian folks eating cat or dog meat while eating beef is a "pleasure" .. I never understood the logic behind this dichotomy! ..  πŸ€”

That's hypocritical I agree. I think people can eat the animal they want unless it's endangered,Noone should be judged for that. But yes the condition of slaughterhouse should be improved.  That goes for every animal in farm --cow goat pig chicken. They're often treated like shit in slaughterhouse. In China the dogs were treated really badly during yulin festival. I think there's a human way of doing it. N many pet dogs were stolen which is also wrong. Stealing a pet no matter what animal it is n eating it is really wrong cz pets r family members to a family. 

At the end of the day animals r innocent n don't pretend n theyvth the right to live too . food chain I understand but attacking them for other reasons  is just wrong. There r other ways to control stray problems. Sterilization, building more shelters.

Animals can give so much unconditional love that humans can't even imagine. There r so many instances of dog saving lives. Dogs r exceptionally known for the reciprocation to affection and loyalty. I don't think theyrth called mansm best friend ainvayi. 

Edited by Charaiveti - 5 years ago
Charaiveti thumbnail
That model who couldn't control herself from petting the dog is so me πŸ˜† Edited by Charaiveti - 5 years ago
tootyfrooty- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: BettyA1

Thank you for this post 

India has the largest rabies related deaths and this when all deaths are not reported

Recently in US a 64 yr woman died two months after she returned from India where a dog bit her... She suffered greatly 

Once you develop symptoms rabies is 100% untreatable. Homeless and poor people are at high risk

But when have they cared about people esp poor people in our country 

Btw who's responsible for this law? Is it Menaka Gandhi?

stray dog never bite without provocation n only bite in their defence, india has largest rape related problem too so we should get rid from man too bcs they r the soul reason for it they roam around freely...wat kind of logic you r giving.

india has largest rate of sadist ppl n animal cruelty too, small kids torture puppyies with stick , knife,blade...they poke stick in these puppies eyes n feel sadistic happiness,

their parents dont stop them n teach them humanity, if mother dog bite them for saving their kids how its their fault, does not our mother do same when somebody try to to beat us.

if someone torture like this to a human kid he/she will go jail n will be beaten by mob on the spot but these animal cant speak so ppl vent their frustration on them.

its very cruel n sad too ki india has high rate of tortured animals. Edited by tootyfrooty- - 5 years ago
LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: flipfl0p

In Indian city, if you are going for a morning walk, or if you had to return home at night night in two wheeler and then a bunch of these innocents chase you, I will see how you find it cute. All my rationality, humanity etc etc dies when I am in fear. 

Let pc world be damned, let all animal rights be damned. I just want the world to get rid of stray dogs. If anyone finds them innocents, please put them in your home.  😑

I am scared of stray dogs ...they are not cute from any angle...and the horror when they start barking and chase you when one is returning home late ...they attack in a pack ...
I am supremely scared of them.
SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I
Originally posted by: chachichampa

So your personal dislike is better than " liberals say it is imposing someone's values onto somebody. Same liberals fight for the life of these stray dogs"  

You are imposing your disgusting personal dislike over other people's like.  I would take love and compassion for anything over blind unjustified hate.  You are the kind of people who bring problems in the world because its all about hate hate hate for you.

I get where flipflop coming from...as I am phobic too. As a kid I was chased by those dogs and that fear is still not letting me to go even close to pet dogs. Imagine yourself chased by some wild animal...
flipfl0p thumbnail
Originally posted by: chachichampa

So your personal dislike is better than " liberals say it is imposing someone's values onto somebody. Same liberals fight for the life of these stray dogs"  

You are imposing your disgusting personal dislike over other people's like.  I would take love and compassion for anything over blind unjustified hate.  You are the kind of people who bring problems in the world because its all about hate hate hate for you.

On bold. 

Personal experience;
Myself and my kid have been attacked by them (on separate instances) without any provocation. I know more than three people who fell from their two wheelers when bunch of stray dogs chased and attacked them and got more than 10 stitches. 

Visuals: 
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anuLleHTUlA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kPkwphOemQ[/YOUTUBE]

Facts:
There are more than 30 Millions of stray dogs in India.  
More than 20,000 people die because of rabies every year (much more than terrorist attack).