Posted: 5 years ago
Few days back I wrote a shot and I'm really glad with the response. Mahi wanted me to continue that so this is sort of a continuation of that one but can be read individually too (below is the link for the previous one. Recommended to read that before to get clearer picture of this one. Enjoy! Not proofread!

The Second Chance At Happiness !

"Babes, I won't be able to come to office in the first half, ek photography assignment hai." Mini told on the breakfast table. "Okay Mini." Babita said eating the Poha she made. After a while, all four departed to their workplace wishing each other a good day ahead.

Ashok was at his desk. He was to take a month's training under Babita before he joins the Manali branch of 'BaNi Hotel and Resorts'. He was already annoyed on the situation but couldn't do anything. Uss Rab ke aage kiski chalti hai. He was already scolded twice by her secretary because he did same mistake twice and he just couldn't do anything.

"Daisy, get all the interns in the conference room. I would want to have a word with them." Babita said on the earpiece while her gaze was still fixed on the traffic light. Soon the light turned green and she put the first gear to start the car and the second gear after speeding it. She was about to reach office when she saw Lovely and her Mom, once her 'Biji'. It is not like she wished to break her ties with them but after her divorce with Ashok, they never made an effort like her Papaji. He promised to be her father figure and still is and so she is his daughter, bearing all his health expenses. One of the most important thing she learnt was to value who valued her and be indifferent when the other one doesn't. Life has it's strange ways of teaching important life lessons. She honked her car and that gained their attention. Lovely was looking miserable without expensive suits and jewellery and 'Biji', she couldn't look into Babita's eyes. For a moment their eyes met but before they could melt that soft Babita, she turned her face towards the road and drove away. People who never stood by her in her bad times, didn't belong to her in her good times.

Ashok was already getting irritated with people bossing around him but he couldn't do anything. "Hello everyone!" He heard Babita's voice and turned around. He has realised from his last meeting, she isn't the same naive woman anymore. Clad in deep blue phulkari kurta and white straight pants, hair let loose, a different jutti, a diamond pendant and her ring, she stood on the door of the conference room with her charming smile. Everyone wished a good morning and acquired their seats.

"I actually wanted to tell you guys, you're a part of 'BaNi' now. Well, it won't be easy, mere liye bhi nahi tha. Life never gives you things so easily. The money you'll take home will be really hard earned but if you really wanted to get into this, I can assure you satisfaction. There will be days when everything will be blur and you would want to quit but trust me, you'll sail through it. This journey of yours will be always in collaboration with us and I won't let you drown ever and in return would want your pure self at work. Bahut mehnat se maine ye sab khada kiya hai and I expect the same hard work from you guys. All the best! Get going." With that she left the room and all the interns were in awe of her.

She entered her cabin and was surprised to see her papaji. She bent and touched his feet. "Papaji. Aap yahan kaise? Kuch kaam tha?" Babita was worried because he wasn't keeping well from a long time. "Ab mujhe apne sher bacche se milne ke liye kuch kaam hona chahiye? Arre tum dono ko bahut miss kar raha hoon." He said sadly. "Aap jab chahe yahan ya ghar aa sakte hain." Babita told. "Janta hoon. Mera dusra sher puttar kahan hai?" He looked for Mini. "Uska koi Photography assignment tha aaj. Lunch tak aayegi." Babita said with a smile. "Oh okay. Accha ye bata.." He was saying something when Daisy knocked at the door. "Sorry Ma'am. Actually Mr. Ashok isn't doing anything properly and we have told him quite a few times. When Anand (a staff) told him the right way to get the presentation done, he slapped him." Daisy said partly annoyed and partly tired. Babita followed her and Dadaji followed Babita.

"Mr. Khurana, how dare you hit my staff?" Babita was super angry. Dadaji was shocked to see Ashok there. He saw him really happy yesterday and guessed that he got the job but it was shocking that he worked for Babita. "It is his work to correct you. This is not your house that you're the boss. You are my employee so be one!" Babita shouted. Ashok crumpled few pages that came in his hands to suppress his anger. "Say sorry to Anand." Babita ordered. Ashok looked into her eyes with anger and she looked into his eyes with more anger. He lowered his gaze. She had respected people who stood by her and Anand was one of the first few employees who joined her when she was nothing and it was her responsibility to maintain their respect. Ashok didn't utter a word. "I said apologise!" Babita ordered again.

Mini heard her Babes shouting which was a rare scenario. She hurried inside and saw Babita shouting at Ashok. "Sorry." Ashok said in a low voice. "I didn't hear it Mr. Ashok." Babita said in a stern voice. "I'm sorry." Ashok said in a little louder voice and left. "I'm sorry Anand." Babita too apologised. "It's okay Ma'am." Anand said and everyone dispersed to their work.

Mini took Dadaji's blessing and they all moved back to Babita's cabin. "Sorry Papaji bahar jo kuch bhi hua but main kisiki galtiyan ab maaf nahi karti." Babita said. "Mujhe batane ki zaroorat nahi hai bacche. Woh tera employees hai aur uski galtiyon pe daantna tera call hai Chalna chahiye ab mujhe." Dadaji said and moved to leave. Mini and Babita took his blessings and invited him for the Lohri celebration in their Mohalla in the evening.

Wearing a typical red Patiala suit, a chunky silver maangteeka on her forehead, colourful paranda in her long lustrous french braid, and kohl in her eyes, Babita got ready for the lohri celebration. Mini took few great pictures of her in her camera, her Babes was her favourite muse after all. They descended the stairs hand-in-hand, giggling and laughing together, Hanuman Singh stood at far, admiring the family he got in past few years. Life was never so giving to him and when all the laughter echoed in his 'Pushtaini Haveli', few tears did escape his eyes too.

The Mohalla was decorated with lights and colourful little paper flags, everyone gathered near the bonfire with all the stuffs that they were to offer to the fire. Hanuman Singh came with his family and everyone greeted each other a prosperous year ahead. Naim Bi gave Babita a red Chunri. "Yeh teri aage aane wali khoobsurat zindagi ke liye." She said while giving Babita her gift. Babita smiled and touched her feet. Naim Bi proved to be her mother all the years she was struggling to establish her little foot in the big wide world. "Aur mera gift Nani?" Mini asked pouting cutely. She had switched from 'Dadi Amma' to 'Nani' long back when once Babita slipped from stairs and Naim Bi ran for her help while she was away to her college trip. She had taken care of Babita like a mother and since then Babita was Naim Bi's unadopted child. "Kya chahiye tujhe?" Naim Bi had softed towards Mini like anything. She was her flesh it felt to the strangers. "Umm. Aap mere next project ke liye modeling kar do please." Mini hugged her. "Chal theek hai ab tu aise kahegi toh Naim Bi ko toh pighalna hi hai na. Badmaash." Naim Bi hugged her back.

The ritual started and the atmosphere was filled with lights, laughter, giggles, blessing, warmth and Love!

Yeh maana ke aankhon mein aansu hain,
Dilon mein basi bebasi,
Chalo yeh bhi maana ke,
Apnon se behtar, Hain ajnabee,
Yahan raaste dushwaar hain,
Aur manjilein uss paar hain.

Zindagi koi fairytale nahi hoti. Yahan sabke hisse mein unki apni dushwariyan hoti hain. Sabke hisse mein unka apna gam hota hai. Par zindagi mein hamesha hi galat ho yeh zaroori nahi. Uss Rab pe yaqeen bana rahe agar toh zindagi mein khushiyan zaroor aati hain. Sabke hisse mein khushiyaan paane ka second chance toh hota hi hai...

( Imagine this italic part as Babita's voice over amidst all the celebrations. )

Edited by Octothorpe - 5 years ago
Awww! My heart is filled with emotions.
I'm smiling so hard right now.

This was very well written.
Areee Ashok se pochaa nahi karvaya?🀣
Anyways, I loved that moment when he had to lower his gaze. So proud!
Loved the stern Babita, specially with Lovely and Biji. Papaji as usual, was expected to be at good terms with them.

Loved the Hanumaan parts also.
One big happy family πŸ˜³
I missed Lala though.πŸ˜›

Thankyou Octo for writing this <3
πŸ€—
Very well written 
Loved it
Originally posted by Mishti_Dahi

Awww! My heart is filled with emotions.
I'm smiling so hard right now.

This was very well written.
Areee Ashok se pochaa nahi karvaya? 🀣
Anyways, I loved that moment when he had to lower his gaze. So proud!
Loved the stern Babita, specially with Lovely and Biji. Papaji as usual, was expected to be at good terms with them.

Loved the Hanumaan parts also.
One big happy family πŸ˜³
I missed Lala though.πŸ˜›

Thankyou Octo for writing this <3
πŸ€—

I'm so glad my work brought a smile on someone's face πŸ˜ƒ.
Pocha in some other story πŸ˜‰. There will be coming more once show proceeds. πŸ˜›
Biji and Lovely have come out to be really selfish I felt and I want Babita to be indifferent towards them. Papaji, no matter what, even if he can't help them, he has stood by the duo and always detested his son and thus he's lovable.😳
Laala too was there, just didn't mention him because it was getting too long but anyway, he'll always be familyπŸ˜ƒ
Thank you so much β€οΈ
Originally posted by KajalTiwari

Very well written 
Loved it

Aww thank you so muchπŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by Octothorpe

I'm so glad my work brought a smile on someone's face  πŸ˜ƒ.
Pocha in some other story πŸ˜‰. There will be coming more once show proceeds. πŸ˜›
Biji and Lovely have come out to be really selfish I felt and I want Babita to be indifferent towards them. Papaji, no matter what, even if he can't help them, he has stood by the duo and always detested his son and thus he's lovable.😳
Laala too was there, just didn't mention him because it was getting too long but anyway, he'll always be familyπŸ˜ƒ
Thank you so much β€οΈ

Yayy!
Super excited for other parts!πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by Mishti_Dahi

Yayy!
Super excited for other parts! πŸ˜ƒ

Will write soon and post πŸ˜ƒ
another fantastic part...πŸ˜ƒ

naim bi , babes & mini...πŸ‘πŸΌ

& treatment for ashok , his biji & lovely was...πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
Awesome OS
Kash show me aisa ho jaye...bada maza aayega...
A very uplifting os dear. Thank you