FF : The Other Women [IF_NC_Entry] : Epilogue of 13 - Page 2

Posted: 5 years ago

After a lot of thinking, trust me when I say a lot.  πŸ˜† writing, rewriting deleting and again rewriting, I finally decided to take part in the FF contest. It was so damn tempting I couldn't help it. πŸ˜† So here it is! My shot on the contest. 

My FF is based on prompt 2. 

I was supposed to get married to him but got married to his twin brother instead. My husband doesn't look at me and he has his reasons. After 6 months I demanded a divorce but he isn't ready and refuses.

And I'm giving it my all, but I'm not the girl you're taking home, 
I keep dancing on my own

"Why don't you just leave me?" Avilasha tried to reason against the marriage that had given nothing but pain to them. "Why don't you just file a divorce?" 

"I can't and I wouldn't." Her husband answered. 

"Why not? We are not happy together and this marriage doesn't work. Its just an excuse of the marriage that was to happen. I am not happy and I know, you aren't either." 

"Divorce goes against the contract clauses and I want nothing to jeopardize the contract." 

"Why are you being so shallow? Does the contract mean everything to you? We could get out of this hell right now if this contract wasn't this important to you!" Avilasha expressed her frustration which lead to angering her husband. One minute she was standing near him and the next, she was pinned up against the wall nearby.

"Don't you dare put the blame on me, Avilasha! Don't you dare show yourself as a victim when you are anything but that. Because of you my brother ran away, I had to marry you forcibly and now you act all good and ask for a divorce. I will not give you one!" His dark brown orbs penetrated into hers and she shivered in his arms. 

Avilasha looked up to the man she had married. He once was her best friend. A person she could feel safe with but, right now she felt anything but safe under his scrutinizing gaze. He was the person who would always stand by her. Not today thou. He hated her now. And his reasons seemed justified too. His accusations were right. Thou Avilasha tried to run away from the thought, it hit her every time. She was the reason her ex fiancee had left her at the alter. She was responsible for the mess that they were in. 

"And don't you dare complain to me about the contract" he continued, his grip on her arms growing stronger. "Yes the contract is very important to me. Its because of the same bloody contract I have been stuck here in this marriage with you so I am going to follow the bloody contract." 

Avilasha winced at the sound of his harsh tone which made him leave her arms. He quickly turned away, not wanting to witness her tears. 

"Where are you going?" Avilasha asked after a while, finding him getting out of the room. "We need to attend a party." 

"You go. I will not be joining you." he replied as he prepared to leave. 

"Where are you going?" Avilasha asked for the last time. 

"I don't know." He replied. But he did know where he was going and the sad thing was, she did too. 

Shahida gently applied the red colour stick to her lips. He hated when she wore a lot of make up. In fact he hated her wearing make up at all. He said she looked more beautiful without them, something about natural beauty. She smiled fondly remembering him, shaking her head feeling stupid for gushing over someone like a high school girl. 

The only difference was, she never did chase after boys in high school or before that or after high school. Of course there were times when she felt attracted to someone, but she concealed her feelings every time. She was not made for love. However with him it was different. He treated her the way no one had. He loved her the way no one could or no one would. 

But, 

'He's married' her mind tried to reason her every time he came near her but her heart didn't care to listen. 

Shahida pinned her hair in a bun, laughing at the irony of the situation. 

All she had asked for was love. Being able to fall in love and get love. Being able to live happily with her love. And what was she blessed with? 

She did fall in love. He fell in love with her too despite knowing all her hidden secrets. But they weren't meant to be happy together. 

It was unfair but that was what her life had been. Unfair. She had to walk around hiding who she was and sacrifice a lot of things in life which were easy for other people. It wasn't for her. It never was. 

Shahida pinned the beautiful red saree to her shoulder as she glanced at the mirror. 
Dress up like a woman. 
She slipped into her high heels. 
Walk like a woman. 
She gave herself one last look and smiled satisfied. 
Laugh like a woman. Behave like a proper woman. 

Her parents voice rang on her ears every time. 

She was the only child to her parents. The Junaid house had buzzed with excitement and happiness, the day she was born. Not being able to have a child for a long time, her parents had longed each second for her. Everyone had happily announced "Iqbal Junaid has been blessed with a daughter!" That was until the truth came out.

She wasn't their daughter. And though they had treated her and nurtured her as one, she was never meant to be a daughter. 

Shaking away the negative thoughts away from her mind, she moved towards her door, knowing he would be here any moment now. Every part of her mind screamed that it was wrong, her waiting for someone who had been tied to another woman was wrong but every inch of her body longed his touch. She couldn't wait to fall into his arms. Somehow she let her temporary happiness take over the permanent guilt that had tarnished her conscience. 

I am Shahida Junaid, a child to my parents but not a daughter, a lover to my boyfriend but not his wife and this is my story as the other woman. 

Avilasha tried to smile as she looked around the party. Every one seemed happy. Someone kept stopping by time and again asking her where her husband was. She came with an excuse each time. Her eyes never leaving the clock. She knew he would come. He did every time. 

As she tried to blend in the crowd and disappear, a face caught her attention. Avilasha couldn't help staring at the person. 

Her heart fluttered when the person looked back at her and gave her a smile. Avilasha knew that person. It was a familiar face. She couldn't seem to put her mind on it, but she knew the person. All she remembered was one blurry wild night of her life. 

Finding Avilasha staring shamelessly, the person walked towards her. Avilasha had to hide her blush as she the person winked at her. 

Avilasha couldn't deny the strong feeling of attractiveness that overcame her every time she caught the person's eyes and she couldn't help it. She felt attracted to the person and something else which she didn't feel for her husband or her ex-fiancee despite all the times she had tried to. 

And as the woman in front of her held her hand out for Avilasha to take, Avilasha couldn't help the butterflies on her stomach. Taking her hands on her own, Avilasha heard the woman speak out, 

"Hi I am Jasleen. And you are?" 

Avilasha. I am Avilasha and this the story of me, my husband and the other women. 

Two girls who are different from the rest of the world and this is their story of winning their respective love while accepting their own true self and respecting themselves as they truly are. 

Index 
Teaser 
 I keep dancing on my own
Characters : down 
Chapter one : Realisation and Revelation
The heart wants what it wants
 I'm a sunflower
Chapter two : A painful thing called love 
Back to you
If our love is wrong
Chapter three : Loving you was easy, the aftermath, not so much...
 Little do you know
Have mercy on me
Chapter four : Acceptance and Amendments 
don't give up on me
want you to be happier
Epilogue 
What if we rewrite the star

Edited by MsChanadlerBong - 5 years ago

Character

Edited by MsChanadlerBong - 5 years ago

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
Samrajya di ye bohot achcha hayπŸ‘
I love this kinda stories! 
They're the best! 

Eagerly waiting for more!!!! 
Update karna na bhulio!!
This is so deep^-------^ dare you leave this Wala half. 
I'll be the damn-est greedy evil little sautan even with 5'7" height πŸ€ͺ
Anyways looking at the banner and all the hype Rajkumar and Sonam's movie is getting I kinda thought...😳... I mean I never read a LGBT theme on IF! 

but anyways the teaser was lit! I really am looking forward to how you manage to curve all the tragedy you served on the platter! The characters came out as grey, self centered  yet  loving ... Nothing was overdone not even the expression of EMA... I'm in for this roller-coaster ride😎

All the best Sam:)
Looking forward to it 
Characters are new but seems interesting 
Would love to read something new 
Thanks for pm 
Update soon 
This is a really nice concept. Reminds me of those stories on Wattpad. When will you be posting next?
It's quite interesting, I will be waiting for the story to unfold.
The title brought me to this thread.
Looking fwd to it :)
Wow! This is like really awesome! 😳
Originally posted by Sonatia

Mera walaa Reswa !
Finally the thread is up πŸ˜³
I can't wait to post my comment anymore, damn if I spoil your thread πŸ€£

No you didn't spoil my thread. πŸ˜†

Unres ! πŸ˜³
I'll be back, with a cup of tea πŸ˜‰
I don't wanna keep such an awesome walaa story in res😳
So I am back. πŸ˜†

First thing first, I really really love the opening banner, it is super super gorgeous πŸ˜³ Did you get this one from the same banner maker I get my banner?πŸ˜† 

Thank you and yes it is the same person. But she didn't do a good job in my banner thou. πŸ˜† 

BTW we have posted our entries on the same date !! yeayy πŸ€—

I know right! Bada wala same pinch. 

And the character sketch wala banners are spectacular, really unique way of presenting characters indeed.😳  I am so happy to finally get to read something from you.These kinda contests should keep coming if this means getting to read from you😳

Thank you babes. Aww that so sweet of you. Haan waise aise contests ki wajah se I got read something again from you too. 

let's come to the story, It's a really beautiful start to a really very intriguing story. I really love how the story goes on and introduces the characters and builds up the intrigue and mystery.😳 

Thank you babes. πŸ˜³

The hero seems an asshole in this chapter, like seriously an effin contract is all he cares about?😑
He has his own reasons too. Don't worry he is not as bad as he seems. πŸ˜†

I really feel for the girl , she is right if a marriage doesn't make you happy they should just get a divorce.

I really love how you characterization of Avilasha's husband, he seems to be an asshole in the intro but he has some humane parts in him.
like that part -
He quickly turned away, not wanting to witness her tears. 
But  His dark brown orbs penetrated into hers - totally got me, he is totally hot☺️

Brown orbs made you come to the conclusion that he is hot? πŸ˜† But yeah he is hot and human too. πŸ˜‰

But this line was painfully painful😭 and totally had me, I was like oh my feels !
"I don't know." He replied. But he did know where he was going and the sad thing was, she did too.

That was the motive. πŸ˜‰

She knew he was going to meet an another girl. 😭 He was her best friend before, now turned into worse than stranger, for the first thing he is unwilling to give her the goddamn divorce.😑
this is outright unforgivable. 

Well his reasons will be disclosed in the upcoming chapters. πŸ˜³

And I feel for you girl and girl I  really love how things are going. πŸ˜³

I really really love Shahida's character ❀️, I do feel for her too, all she did was to fall in love with a man. I don't blame her at all. 

I know! She is one at the loss in this game. 

Every part of her mind screamed that it was wrong, her waiting for someone who had been tied to another woman was wrong but every inch of her body longed his touch. She couldn't wait to fall into his arms. Somehow she let her temporary happiness take over the permanent guilt that had tarnished her conscience. 

This captures essence of the story. Steals my heart, I remember a song by Selena Gomez - The heart wants what it wants. Do listen this song, it's awesome😳

Thank you. And yes I have listened to the song, and thanks for reminding me about it, I am going to keep the same as my first chapter"s title. πŸ˜†

Shahida pinned the beautiful red saree to her shoulder as she glanced at the mirror. 
Dress up like a woman. 
She slipped into her high heels. 
Walk like a woman. 
She gave herself one last look and smiled satisfied. 
Laugh like a woman. Behave like a proper woman. 
This is the heart of the story ❀️, I really love how the story brings up such a sensitive issue with it. 😳I do love the way you portrayed it. The scenes are so moving and the emotions are really well described.

This is like a clue of what's her life has always been like. And thank you. πŸ˜³

I am Shahida Junaid, a child to my parents but not a daughter, a lover to my boyfriend but not his wife and this is my story as the other woman. 
Oh my feels !😭 I had goosebumps while reading this lines😳, these are some lines in italics stealing the show. You are my favourite author πŸ˜³ I really love Shahida's character. I love the neutrality about your writing, I can never be this neutral in my writing. πŸ˜³

Thank you Mou! I don't think I am much neutral either πŸ˜† I just forget about the other character when I write about one. πŸ˜†

The last part of the story involving Avilasha is so gripping and awesome. I really love the development. I love how they both are attracted to the people they want to be with. I love how this part of the story potrays the message- People should be together because they want to be, not because they have to be. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Woah that was deep.😳 But so true. 

Avilasha. I am Avilasha and this the story of me, my husband and the other women. 
 Really love this line❀️, I love how your one lined dialogues explains so many things  Is it a story involving LGBT rights? I am totally up for it. 

Yes it involves issues about LGBT.   I think I will put a disclaimer soon, for those you are not comfortable with this stuff. πŸ˜³

Did I tell you you are my fav author, I am sucker for your stories, πŸ˜›ThisOne does this have unique plot, the awesome pick up lines(It gave me goosebumps ), great characters and the awesome development and presentation.I I love the simplicity about your writings. Girl, yours is the one with tough competition. πŸ˜³
do mark my words πŸ˜‰

Thank you so much Mou! For all the sweet words! πŸ˜³ 

Now that I am totally hooked, don't you dare leaving this awesome story in the middle. 😑Update soon.😳 I would love to see things slowly getting unfold.πŸ˜‰ Update Karke Dekho achchaa lagtaa hai😳

Achha bhai meri billi mujhe hi mau. πŸ˜† but will update soon. 

Edit : This is my fourth time reading this story. It makes me wanna comment again and I can't wait for an update.😳

Aww that's so sweet. These words means a lot bae. 

don't call me crazy cause I am proof reading my commentπŸ˜† Including emojis and excluding typosπŸ˜† I hate commenting from phone that's why πŸ˜†
Sorry about those typos betaaji and lack of emojis last timeπŸ˜†

I do that all the times, so I wouldn't call you crazy. πŸ˜†

Lots of love <3
Mou
And forgot saying,
All the very best for the contest betaajiπŸ€—

Thank you so much Mou. Lov you a lot. πŸ˜³