Debate Mansion

Hey guys, what will happen when the poles flip?

nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
NASA says pole shifts happen all the time and nothing's going to happen. Either way, isnt it exciting?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
But there is some difference between AC electricity and earth's poles or not...was waiting for something exciting..:(
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
IDK.. but now that I think about it, it is exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

It feels like nothing is happening right this moment where I'm tucked in my bed, but ginormous event like poles swapping could be happening right now! So many biiig biiig processes of celestial and universal scale are actually happening right nooowww ðŸ¤—
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Poles flipping, read it confuses the Ocean creatures and the migrating birds, subtle changes could also affect our thoughts and behavior.
In the worst situation the North and South poles switch places and causes havoc... our telecommunications can go haywire too ! Surprisingly it has happened before after a long period of time ...

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/02/earth-magnetic-field-flip-poles-spinning-magnet-alanna-mitchell/
K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

The main concern, if / when poles flip, is from the point of view of whether the earth's magnetic field would be compromised severely and if yes, whether our atmosphere would still provide sufficient shield from sun's radiation. The second concern, assuming we survive the first concern, is regarding the kind of damage a weakened magnetic field would have on our satellites.

These are serious concerns. I wouldn't put too much trust in assurances that all is going to be just fine. At the same time, it doesn't look like the danger is imminent; maybe we could pick this topic up again after a couple of years.

IDK if it's related to the topic, but recently I read about the shifting magnetic north pole.. I wonder what that will bring to the life forms.. 
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
What will happen to India forums?
Originally posted by: BettyA1

What will happen to India forums?

😆