This serial is progressive LOL

Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
😆 read some interviews calling this serial progressive and bold. I just don't see how? It's perhaps as regressive as any thing on TV. Here we go :-                                              1) This serial started with EMA . Reason for EMA Nandini was homely, non working and cooked great food. Nothing progressive about this .           2) After reavalation of EMA , Mauli showed some self respect and went in for divorce. Progressive.                   3) Then it was shown that Nandini went missing and Kunal said horrible things to Mauli. But even after that Mauli begged him to come back with Kunal telling her straight to her face that he isn't interested.                      4) He called Mauli " Giri hui Aurat " and all but once Kunal came back due to the baby she forgot all that and immediately accepted him back and even kept Karva Chauth for him. Regressive.                                         5) Mauli return gift. Kunal doesn't trust her pregnancy . Again says horrible things to her . This time Mauli finally shows some self respect and kicks Kunal out.            
Post leap                                           1) Mauli has a wonderful Man in Ishan who loves her selflessly and loves Mishti like his own daughter. But Mauli still loves her cheater husband who didn't only break her trust but also said the most horrible things to her.   ðŸ˜¡ Neither bold nor progressive.              
2) We are shown Kunal not feeling one ounce of regret or guilt for what he said or did because he is a great father but Mauli apologised for not telling truth about her pregnancy.    Neither progressive nor bold.            I heard this serial is getting shut down in Feb. I am glad because this is one serial that deserves it .

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Sabhayata

😆 read some interviews calling this serial progressive and bold. I just don't see how? It's perhaps as regressive as any thing on TV. Here we go :-                                              1) This serial started with EMA . Reason for EMA Nandini was homely, non working and cooked great food. Nothing progressive about this .           2) After reavalation of EMA , Mauli showed some self respect and went in for divorce. Progressive.                   3) Then it was shown that Nandini went missing and Kunal said horrible things to Mauli. But even after that Mauli begged him to come back with Kunal telling her straight to her face that he isn't interested.                      4) He called Mauli " Giri hui Aurat " and all but once Kunal came back due to the baby she forgot all that and immediately accepted him back and even kept Karva Chauth for him. Regressive.                                         5) Mauli return gift. Kunal doesn't trust her pregnancy . Again says horrible things to her . This time Mauli finally shows some self respect and kicks Kunal out.            
Post leap                                           1) Mauli has a wonderful Man in Ishan who loves her selflessly and loves Mishti like his own daughter. But Mauli still loves her cheater husband who didn't only break her trust but also said the most horrible things to her.   ðŸ˜¡ Neither bold nor progressive.              
2) We are shown Kunal not feeling one ounce of regret or guilt for what he said or did because he is a great father but Mauli apologised for not telling truth about her pregnancy.    Neither progressive nor bold.            I heard this serial is getting shut down in Feb. I am glad because this is one serial that deserves it .

Exactly ...and if they end the serial with Mauli going back to Kunal it would be the most regressive ..because they are showing an educated successful woman taking back a cheater ex husband who insulted and degraded her...then she really would have very little self respect and pride ...
FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
The progressive vs regressive depends on how you views different things..
People involved in this show have this idea that people born in 90s don't understand or expect Fidelity in relationship, they have multiple partners, basically loyalty is not important for us, but what they don't understand is that we go through multiple relationships to find "The One", we don't believe in marrying everyone we sleep with, marriage is celebration of love and love, the term itself isn't part of our dating lifestyle, when a relationship is serious, then there is love... It's not the same for everyone, there is no hard and fast "Progressive or regressive" regulation on a relationship... EMA is not progressive, it can never be progressive...

When it comes to accepting someone you love, I don't know if you can define a relationship with these terms, limiting relationships with progressive being good and regressive being bad and telling them what they should do, is limiting the whole concept of freedom, as a woman I won't accept a cheater but that doesn't give me a right to judge other woman who is still in love with her ex husband, when I have the choice not to accept someone, she has a choice to accept her ex husband if she wants to... That's progressive no? People living happily, why live a miserable life, bounded by rules of society?? 

In real world, many people do reconcile, they are not regressive, they know what is best for their lives, they know that this person is my happiness and I will be with him or her... But we have to make sure that in quest for our happiness, we don't cheat or hurt other people... 
prettywomaniya thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: FruitToasty

The progressive vs regressive depends on how you views different things..

People involved in this show have this idea that people born in 90s don't understand or expect Fidelity in relationship, they have multiple partners, basically loyalty is not important for us, but what they don't understand is that we go through multiple relationships to find "The One", we don't believe in marrying everyone we sleep with, marriage is celebration of love and love, the term itself isn't part of our dating lifestyle, when a relationship is serious, then there is love... It's not the same for everyone, there is no hard and fast "Progressive or regressive" regulation on a relationship... EMA is not progressive, it can never be progressive...

people born in 90s? i am a 90 born  😆
and for me loyalty is hell important .
i guess u mean people born in some old era. right??.. 

When it comes to accepting someone you love, I don't know if you can define a relationship with these terms, limiting relationships with progressive being good and regressive being bad and telling them what they should do, is limiting the whole concept of freedom, as a woman I won't accept a cheater but that doesn't give me a right to judge other woman who is still in love with her ex husband, when I have the choice not to accept someone, she has a choice to accept her ex husband if she wants to... That's progressive no? People living happily, why live a miserable life, bounded by rules of society?? 

as far as mauli's case is concerned , i believe that it wasnt only cheating which wasnt liked by people but also kunal's terrible attitude towards her.. and also for me the most important of all was his leaving her for nandini and marrying nandini and then his never looking back!!

there was a time when i thought if his mistake is a mistake then it could be forgiven.. but his mistake wasnt a mistake according to him. so i can not forgive him at this point of time when he is in need of a wife, love and family..
and it is definitely regressive bcz of the list of reasons i mentioned above.. it is just not cheating... its more than that..

In real world, many people do reconcile, they are not regressive, they know what is best for their lives, they know that this person is my happiness and I will be with him or her... But we have to make sure that in quest for our happiness, we don't cheat or hurt other people... 

reply in bold.
Edited by prettywomaniya - 5 years ago
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Hahhaa Progressive ?? A Person who insulted u in every step even after being in so much love for damnn long 7 yrs , A person who cheated u with ur own Best Friend , A Person who Slept with ur Close Best Friend , A Person who called Ur & his Unborn Child as 'GRAHAN' in his Life , A Person who called u GIRI HUI AURAT , A Person who doubted on his Own Wife's Pregnancy , A Person who left his Own Real Mother & Old Grandmother along with his wife .
Going Back to that SAME PERSON is NEVER Progressive , 

Once a CHEATER..Always a CHEATER . 
No Sort of Bloody Damnn Forgiveness , Punishment or Second / Third or infinite chance is there or Should be there for EMA . 
Edited by moniluvskinshuk - 5 years ago
Indira1211 thumbnail
[QUOTE=FruitToasty]The progressive vs regressive depends on how you views different things..

[/QUOTE...I don't think anybody will call people regressive if they reconcile...but we are talking about Mauli Nd Kunal and in this serial..Kunal degraded Mauli terribly, we all know of his terrible Deeds. Sleeping  with his wife's best friend while her Brother is getting married ..calling his wife whom he vowed to love and respect a fallen woman ...he married Mauli and took vows but was ready to break them for a woman he literally just met. We just find kunals whole behaviour distasteful and it's very hard to digest ..no matter how they whitewash him ...I don't live in India and I live in a country where we have many different cultures and you can say we are very open minded and modern,..but even amongst our most modern and liberated individuals kunals past behaviour is still unacceptable and unforgivable...So yes the writers May get Mauli to take him back and whitewash him, and give them some hot romantic scenes  etc..but for the majority of us Women we will always think it's a load of hogwash..as thst Kunal really wasn't worth the effort and that Mauli should have forgotten him like yesterday ..😊
FruitToasty thumbnail
Originally posted by: prettywomaniya

reply in bold.

Shakti's early interviews gave me an idea that they think for new generation loyalty and Fidelity is not important, that's why they kept saying that their concept was bold or progressive. . EMA can never be accepted by any generation 

I agree with Kunal and Mauli part, I don't like Kunal at all, I will accept Maunal only in a case where they show that Kunal wanted to come back to Mauli but couldn't because Nandini was pregnant and he couldn't leave his child...

I just feel that there is no progressive or regressive in a relationship where a woman is calling the shots for her happiness, if Mauli is happy with someone, she has every right to choose that happiness for herself, there's no point putting restrictions in name of progress or feminism... 
FruitToasty thumbnail
[QUOTE=Indira1211]
I am not advocating for Maunal here, I am just putting a view that any choice which brings you happiness is the best choice for you, I personally won't accept a cheater, but giving Mauli or any other woman a choice to choose her happiness over world's expectations is progressive, every relationship is different, I am just saying that there is no progressive or regressive when it comes to a relationship...

I don't know about EMA aspect of this show  but Mauli has been the most amazing character I have ever seen on ITV, she is strong, she has self esteem, she has flaws, she is the best, she is not regressive 
Edited by FruitToasty - 5 years ago
rajh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: FruitToasty

Shakti's early interviews gave me an idea that they think for new generation loyalty and Fidelity is not important, that's why they kept saying that their concept was bold or progressive. . EMA can never be accepted by any generation 

I agree with Kunal and Mauli part, I don't like Kunal at all, I will accept Maunal only in a case where they show that Kunal wanted to come back to Mauli but couldn't because Nandini was pregnant and he couldn't leave his child...

I just feel that there is no progressive or regressive in a relationship where a woman is calling the shots for her happiness, if Mauli is happy with someone, she has every right to choose that happiness for herself, there's no point putting restrictions in name of progress or feminism... 

you are misunderstood his/makers interview ...

they are telling --they are going to show modern day complex  relations..they are not here to give any social massage...

and they are not calling these things are progressive or regressive--they are not calling these are right or wrong...

they are showing just changing relation of modern times...

aap apne hisaab decide karlo --what is right /what is wrong  - what is progressive /what is regressive...

Edited by rajh - 5 years ago
Indira1211 thumbnail
[QUOTE=FruitToasty] hi i don't think the issue is EMA ...because lots of marriages do experience EMAs and the couples may separate but get back together after a while ..and lots of spouses do forgive their partners who cheated ...because in lots of instances there are reasons for the EMa  e.g. problems in the marriage, financial issues, health issues, stress issues , children issues, etc and in the couples who reconcile they want their marriage to work. so it's not the Ema that's the issue with maunal ..rather it's the whole horrible treatment that Kunal bestowed upon Mauli,..he insulted her, he verbally abuse her, he degraded her and he basically showed that he didn't want to touch her or be with her .any longer... and this is what we find unacceptable and unforgivable ..and he had no solid reason for the Ema ..it was his lust and then he claimed to have fallen in love and that nandu was his true love and Mauli was just a paadav...So this is what we find unacceptable ..😊