Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka

We are just stooping to a bad level of television,' says Shakti Arora

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka has been in the news since quite some time now. It all started when the show was first under the scanner and then eventually shifted to the digital medium followed by Drashti Dhami's exit from the show. However, it eventually moved to the channel again and currently airs on both Voot as well as Colors. However, earlier in the day, there came reports about the show being pulled off in February, and we got in touch with Shakti Arora aka Kunal about the same. He spoke about the future of the show, how the journey of Silsila has been, and the race for TRPs.

Talking about the show going off-air in February, he said, "We had spoken about the shot when it was supposed to go digital, we had a deal of three months, and that thing is coming to an end, but still two months are left. Right now the ratings are sufficient enough and two months are still remaining and it is after that that they will decide. If the ratings are very good or improving, they might continue it further for another three months, if not, they will wrap it up in February."

When asked about how the journey has been with the show constantly hitting major roadblocks, the actor quipped, "Obviously, I wanted the show to run for a longer period of time, but since the whole set up of the show quite bold, and our audience is still not very forward so people can't expect the kind of show we are doing right now because the concept is extra-marital affair so because of that it created a lot of stir. But, from the time it has gone to Voot, the story has been changed completely, Kunal has been shown in positive light, so I started enjoying the character more after that."

He further added, "Actually, the whole journey was very interesting because I have done an out and out positive role before, this was slightly a grey character and to play a flawed character is a treat for an actor. Because it is not an easy job, after playing a flawed character people still remember by your character name, your role and your character, so I think that is an award for me and it is a great thing to add on my bio-data as well that I have done such a fabulous show like Silsila. I don't think it is anybody's cup of tea because to play this character requires a lot of layers which I created and a lot of graphs had to be created, it was a wonderful journey, and I am still enjoying it and I will enjoy it till the time I will play it."

When questioned about how there is a constant clash between good content, and channel's wanting TRPs, he went on to say, "I think even the channel has to understand this that they can't expect TRPs within the first few months of the show because to set up a show, for the audience to get loyal to your show often takes time. Most of the channels I feel get really hyper that they are not getting TRPs so put some drama, do some camera tricks and all that jazz, and bring the TRPs somehow, we care a damn about the story and even if the story has to be put completely in the platter it is fine with us. They get really jittery when they don't get TRPs and they are not patient about it. Earlier we used to be so patient, we used to test the show for 6 months, then it became three months and now some shows are getting off-air within one or two shows."

Talking about how Silsila was pulled off in an attempt to get TRPs with another show, he said, "They pulled off our show and got another show called Tantra and it is getting 0.4 ratings, was it a smart decision? My show was a 11:20 pm show, not even 11:00. All the channels I feel are coming up with supernatural shows thinking it will work, Naagin type of shows and we are not onto that level in terms of it, if you see Hollywood supernatural shows for example. We are just stooping to some bad level of television and we are spoiling people's mind and forcing them to move to web-series and watch something online."

What do you think about this? Drop in your comments below.

Credits: Pinkvilla

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prettywomaniya thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i really feel bad for him and aditi and obviously for rest of the cast bcz the show is going to end soon and the show is not actually that great as they think so they dont deserve this show.. 

i hope shakti gets to know this that its not EMA that didnt go well with viewers but its execution. and also the characters of nandini and kunal were written poor..!!
i really wish we can make him read all these posts..

whenever makers or actors say that EMA didnt go well with viewers i really find it funny and weird at the same time..
do they even know the problemS with their show??
😕
why we all are making so many posts from the begining to the end then??
its the irrationality, illogical affair , showing ema in good light and attaching some divinity to that, making mauli a hormonal kid (for some time) and now giving all the credit to kunal for mauli's happiness and making nandini a cancer patient!!
nandini ko maar dalo that too make her suffer from cancer and kunal ko white wash kro.?? 
😕

do makers know that people actually were happy when nandini died bcz of cancer and said acha hua.. iske sath yahi hona tha..?

do they know they have almost made it look like nandini vs mauli when it was clearly not..?

its just that i find mauli in myself so i am stuck in this show amd probably most of us are watching bcz of this reason only..

and they really think audience didnt give a chance to tjis show?? ðŸ˜•
the immature take on EMA and its consequences is itself something that gives u a reason not to watch.. still fans are following the show bcz of shakti , aditi, mauli, ishaan and in a hope to get a decent moral end..

Edited by prettywomaniya - 5 years ago
Cinnamonn thumbnail

Lol this show isn't bold, it's a comedy. Affairs happen, the thing is normal people don't condone it. I've seen bolder shows with a normal, realistic plots that doesn't turn into a comedy show like this one. And the audience isn't regressive. In 2019, we've got some progressive men and woman. We can watch things like this but when they screw up the plot and characters how do they expect the viewers to watch. Are we supposed to torture ourselves? And what layers does Kunal have? The layers of a confused character? Lol this is funny.

Anyways, I believe the actors tried to do justice to their characters. They are hard working and we've seen their hard work in the show. I commend them for their talent and dedication to their messed up characters. Even I wished the show went on more, once the plot wasn't so stupid. I wish them all the best.

Sabyata thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: amrutha131

Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka has been in the news since quite some time now. It all started when the show was first under the scanner and then eventually shifted to the digital medium followed by Drashti Dhami's exit from the show. However, it eventually moved to the channel again and currently airs on both Voot as well as Colors. However, earlier in the day, there came reports about the show being pulled off in February, and we got in touch with Shakti Arora aka Kunal about the same. He spoke about the future of the show, how the journey of Silsila has been, and the race for TRPs.

Talking about the show going off-air in February, he said, "We had spoken about the shot when it was supposed to go digital, we had a deal of three months, and that thing is coming to an end, but still two months are left. Right now the ratings are sufficient enough and two months are still remaining and it is after that that they will decide. If the ratings are very good or improving, they might continue it further for another three months, if not, they will wrap it up in February."

When asked about how the journey has been with the show constantly hitting major roadblocks, the actor quipped, "Obviously, I wanted the show to run for a longer period of time, but since the whole set up of the show quite bold, and our audience is still not very forward so people can't expect the kind of show we are doing right now because the concept is extra-marital affair so because of that it created a lot of stir. But, from the time it has gone to Voot, the story has been changed completely, Kunal has been shown in positive light, so I started enjoying the character more after that."

He further added, "Actually, the whole journey was very interesting because I have done an out and out positive role before, this was slightly a grey character and to play a flawed character is a treat for an actor. Because it is not an easy job, after playing a flawed character people still remember by your character name, your role and your character, so I think that is an award for me and it is a great thing to add on my bio-data as well that I have done such a fabulous show like Silsila. I don't think it is anybody's cup of tea because to play this character requires a lot of layers which I created and a lot of graphs had to be created, it was a wonderful journey, and I am still enjoying it and I will enjoy it till the time I will play it."

When questioned about how there is a constant clash between good content, and channel's wanting TRPs, he went on to say, "I think even the channel has to understand this that they can't expect TRPs within the first few months of the show because to set up a show, for the audience to get loyal to your show often takes time. Most of the channels I feel get really hyper that they are not getting TRPs so put some drama, do some camera tricks and all that jazz, and bring the TRPs somehow, we care a damn about the story and even if the story has to be put completely in the platter it is fine with us. They get really jittery when they don't get TRPs and they are not patient about it. Earlier we used to be so patient, we used to test the show for 6 months, then it became three months and now some shows are getting off-air within one or two shows."

Talking about how Silsila was pulled off in an attempt to get TRPs with another show, he said, "They pulled off our show and got another show called Tantra and it is getting 0.4 ratings, was it a smart decision? My show was a 11:20 pm show, not even 11:00. All the channels I feel are coming up with supernatural shows thinking it will work, Naagin type of shows and we are not onto that level in terms of it, if you see Hollywood supernatural shows for example. We are just stooping to some bad level of television and we are spoiling people's mind and forcing them to move to web-series and watch something online."

What do you think about this? Drop in your comments below.

Credits: Pinkvilla

Very well said @ bold

I will say--Shakti did full Justice to his role..Proved he is a  brilliant  actor,will love to see him in coming days with new show.
All the very best for his future

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
I can't believe the actors still think the reason why the show didn't do well was because audience can't digest EMA. How many shows on ITV have previously shown EMA and audience have watched it? Many times! Take mihir virani's infidelity against tulsi in Kyunki saas kabhi bahu thi years back. He had a fully blown affair with mandira and even had a child with mandira. Kasam se on zee tv (another ekta show) ram had an affair with bani's own sister and had a child with her. 

The problem with silsila that is the reason for audience rejecting it is that they actually condone EMA using the justification that because EMA is a common occurrence in real life, we should be more understanding and accepting of EMA and people who engage in it. Furthermore, the show in the way it portrayed EMA attempted to make EMA seem like a pure relationship against the odds of society, yet unintentionally against their own aim made the audience feel more repulsed by the EMA couple and made them seem both perverse, selfish, lusty and selfish, yet despite all this the cv's keep trying to push that kunan were not wrong and neither could they control themselves so they are justified and their relationship should be accepted. 

This is why silsila is and never would be accepted. Because it attempts to try and demonise society for rejecting EMA.
poiu123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
It's surprising Shakti is blaming the audience for not being forward. He disappoints me big time. It's not a question of forward or backward. The writing and execution was so bad.
I wonder if he has seen Hasratein or Saans. Those shows were based on EMA and hits on TV.
There is no way this show will continue beyond Feb , simply because makers don't even know where they went wrong , so they can't correct it. And with the current crap being shown , audience will not tolerate it for long.

Ps . He himself admits story has changed and Kunal has been turned positive which confirms our whitewashing theory which some people were not ready to accept 😆 Edited by poiu123 - 5 years ago
av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Shakti Arora and Aditi Dev Sharma's Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka is one of its kind. By which we mean that it is probably the first Indian television show which went off-air due to falling TRPs, then went the digital way and reports about the show going off-air have surfaced again. As reported by TellyChakkar, the show will be pulled down from the digital platform by February end and the last episode of Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka will be aired in the first week of March on TV. When we got in touch with Shakti to know the truth, the hunk said, "I have heard the same but (I am) not sure. Waise, I have been hearing about off-air news since the inception days. But they keep extending, let's see what happens this time."

Amused by the fact that his show has created history in a way, Shakti added, "This (Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka) will be the first show to go off air then go online and then again go on air within a week's time. It is kinda funny... so we have created history. I am a part of it. I am happy!!" We second Shakti's point. As the show has actually created history despite receiving the flak of the EMA track, the show continued to draw viewers with a lot of twists and turns in the upcoming episodes.

Anyway, do you feel the show should go off-air or the makers should keep it running? Share your thoughts in the comments section below. For more interesting updates, stay tuned to BollywoodLife!

Sabyata thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: amrutha131

Shakti Arora and Aditi Dev Sharma's Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka is one of its kind. By which we mean that it is probably the first Indian television show which went off-air due to falling TRPs, then went the digital way and reports about the show going off-air have surfaced again. As reported by TellyChakkar, the show will be pulled down from the digital platform by February end and the last episode of Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka will be aired in the first week of March on TV. When we got in touch with Shakti to know the truth, the hunk said, "I have heard the same but (I am) not sure. Waise, I have been hearing about off-air news since the inception days. But they keep extending, let's see what happens this time."

Amused by the fact that his show has created history in a way, Shakti added, "This (Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka) will be the first show to go off air then go online and then again go on air within a week's time. It is kinda funny... so we have created history. I am a part of it. I am happy!!" We second Shakti's point. As the show has actually created history despite receiving the flak of the EMA track, the show continued to draw viewers with a lot of twists and turns in the upcoming episodes.

Anyway, do you feel the show should go off-air or the makers should keep it running? Share your thoughts in the comments section below. For more interesting updates, stay tuned to BollywoodLife!

What is this jumping over Voot and back to TV..back to Tv again back to TV
ab last week ke  episode ko TV per telecast karke kya hasil kar lenge
adithyan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
😆 I never felt it's a bold show...
Mujhe toh bohot regressive and lusty laga ðŸ˜†...
Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
The show did not do well because they were glorifying ema tried to show it as something divine that is what didn't go well with audience not because of ema.