Fan Fictions

Akdha FF- "A tale of Ice and Fire" Chap 4: Part-I 17 feb'

sm1308 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Hi there,

This is SM, I have been reading the akdha fanfics for long and decided to give a shot at one form my perspective too. Have'nt sketched the characters because I guess all the JoJa fans already know them. I havent planned on the plot yet, but I guess the story will unfold once it progresses. Please have a look and let me know how you felt..Thanks

Chapter 1 The aftermath of Humanyu's retreat

Losing the battle of Chausa and Kannauj, there was no escape for the then reinging Mogul emperor, Humanyu but to leave his throne at Delhi for the mighty Sher Shah Suri and find refuge along with his few trusted generals in west Sindh. It is said that Humanyu with his 15 year old pregnant begum, Hamida Banu walked day in and out, crossing the terrains, mountains and valleys and it is during this journey, Hamid Banu Begum gave birth to the prince who was destined to rewrite the fading Mogul glory back on the pages of Indian history. Oct 1542, Jalal'ud'din Muhhamad was born at Umerkot, Sindh in the Rajput fortress of the local hindu ruler Rana Prasad.

The same month year 1542 witnessed the birth of an extraoridinary Rajput princess, Harka bai, fondly called Jodha, born to Raja Bharmal and Rani Sa Mainavati of Amer. The apple of her parents eyes, was raised basking in the tales of Rajputana glory and valor, with the nerve of steel, fire in her veins, patriotism in her heart oozing with pride yet kindness in her eyes, affection in her voice and respect for her subjects, Jodha entered her teens. The rumours of her warfare skills, the political wit and unfathomable beauty had already begun to seep across the palace walls to faraway lands.

On the contrary Jalal'ud'din, also in his teen, the same age, deprived of all the glory, royality, comfort of palaces and above all family was sharpening his raw paws under the strict training regime of his regent, Bairam Khan, an entrusted general of Humanyun in the cold and dreaded valley of Kabul. He couldn't even recall how long it had been. A vague rememberance of his mother leaving him under the care of his nursing maid while he was just 2, and never seeing him back was enough to overshadow the pain of physical exhaustion and the injuries from his combat sessions. A towering physique, warfare skills people said bestowed by devil himself, cold eyes, and no pain was the deamenour of jalal'ud'din Mohammad, but was he really only inhumanely a "perfect combat assassin, a "ruthless king in making- No one knew, not even his best pal, or perhaps the only pal, Abdul, but what this childhood friend knew that Jalal was indeed the "One who would change the course of Indian history once throned and the time had already come.

1956- All plans were set, armours placed, weaponaries loaded, flags hurled and the Moghul battalion charged ahead under the lead of ferocious Bairam Khan, and the young fiesty Moghul prince who was ready to claim the throne of Delhi back from the reigning King Hemu in the plains of Panipat. The day was all set to mark "A new reign or "End of a dynasty..

Chapter 2 The Historic Panipat

Bairam Khan looked from the top of the hill and could see the flags of Hemu's army swaying in the winds. The army was huge with more than a lakh of soldiers on foot, 50,000 horse riders and a massive fleet of war trained elephants adorning the front row of the charging company. The sight and might of the enemy was good enough to make Bairam Khan believe that head on collision of that small 50,000 soldiered troop of Mogul batallion with that of Hemu's was going to be nothing but suicidal.

Bairam Khan: This is bad, worse than I thought. They are thrice our size, and those elepants will pulp us in no time. Our soldiers might not be ready for a combat this hard. I might have been too enthusiastic to underestimate the true color of our enemy.

He noticed the young prince, all calm, looking at the model of the terrains of Panipat, scrutinizing the positions of Mogul army and that of the enemies.

Bairam Khan: Do you have any proposition, my prince?What is it that you are thinking at?

Jalal: Retreat is no option khan baba..We do or die..isn't it what you always say..(the calmness of Jalal's voice miffed Bairam Khan)

Bairam Khan: I do, but one needs to stay alive my prince..Death never brings victory. You're too young, I cant risk your life..

Jalal: (Giving the cold icy detached stare) As if I ever had one?

Bairam Khan: (Softening up) My prince, I can not let you go to the battle field. I'm splitting the army, 40,000 of our men go with me to the battlefield. If I foresee that there is noway the fighting ones can make it alive, the remaining will march back with you to Kabul.

Hearing no response from Jalal, Bairam Khan turned to Abdul and pulled him aside.

Bairam Khan: (Sternly) Promise me you will take him back, if you see us at the losing end. I cannot afford to lose him. He is the only hope of Mogul empire. The only successor of Moguls, he has to live Abdul.

Abdul: I'll try Khan baba.

Bairam Khan turned to leave but halted at the sharp tone of Jalal,

Jalal: (Hissed in contempt) I see myself ascending the throne of Delhi Khan baba and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it. NOTHING..

Bairam Khan didn't turn to look back at Jalal. Somehow the chill in his voice made him shiver. He knew the young prince meant it. Who was Bairam Khan kidding, the lad was the decendent of the fierce and brute clan of Taimur Lung and Chengez Khan. He knew this young fourteen year old would kill and kill (may be get killed) without inching a step back. Bairam Khan knew he had to win this impossible situation before his prince decides to jump in (that he was utterly sure of).

Coming out of jalal's tent Bairam Khan yelled at the top of his voice calling out for his three lieutenants- Chugtai Khan, Mirza Haakim, Mohammad Hidayat Bashir and entered his tent awaiting for all three of them to join in for the final strategy that had to be followed and strictly accomplished at any cost, if they were to seize the glimmer of chance to win this war and claim the throne of Delhi for Moguls.

Note: I'm not sure if it is reaching to the readers. Please give me a sign if at all to continue or drop the idea?

Edited by sm1308 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sm1308 thumbnail

Chapter 2: Part II

The three lieutenants entered the tent of Bairam Khan, and saw him engrossed in thoughts looking at the clay model that reflected the positions of the Mogul and Hemu's army on tye battlefield

Bairam Khan: (Sensing that the men have arrived) Only way out is through hell. We'll have to take down Hemu at any cost. Get your best archers ready. Thirty archers in groups of three, from three different directions will take aim at Hemu.

Chugtai Khan: Huzur! But he is heavily armoured up. And taking shots either on foot or a horseback, aiming high up, given the fact that Hemu is on the back of toughest and strongest war elephant would make the aim almost impossible.

Bairam Khan: (Roared) I don't care Chugtai Khan. We have to strike down the heart of this army to convert it into a leaderless mob rather than an organised strong army you're seeing. Taking Hemu down is our only hope. Prepare for march, ask your best archers to take their positions and aim at Hemu. Give them covers. (Suddenly a thought struck in Bairam's Khan head) His eyes, his eyes Chugtai Khan. Ask your archer to aim for his eyes.

The lieutenants dispersed to accomplish the near impossible task. Call to the most elite group of archers were made and the remaining battalion strapped their boots to march ahead under the leadership of Bairam Khan.

Commanders of both the armies yelled " Charge..And the armours clashed as the strike of lightening bolt.

It was one of the worst massacre one could witness. Hemu's army was at a much greater advantage, and with Mogul archers having no luck at the given task, Bairam Khan knew if this was how he had to embrace death, then he would be taking Hemu down to hell with him. He spirited his galloping horse towards the enemy king and shot an arrow aiming at Hemu. The arrow struck at the forehead of Hemu, that was covered with metal armour. Sensing the close strike of death, the agitated Hemu threw the pointed Javelin in his hand towards Bairam Khan. The javelin pierced the right shoulder of Bairam Khan, and before a defenseless and empty handed Hemu could smile at the fall of his enemy commander, a teen boy with a captivating built of a warrior seem to flung up from his horse from behind Bairam Khan and shot at Hemu's eye. In no seconds Hemu fell off from his elephant and the Mogul prince roared " Hemu is dead. Hearing their king dead the entire army fell prey to terror and started fleeing off from the battle. The Moguls surrounded the fallen Hemu.

Bairam Khan: (Javelin still across his shoulder blade, yelled at the top of his voice) Long live the Prince! Long live the Mogul Sultanat!

Jalal proceeded towards Bairam Khan

Bairam Khan: You never listen my Prince! You came to battlefield... What if something,,.

Jalal: (before Bairam Khan could finish) Relax Khan baba..You already knew I would. (Turning to the army he proclaimed aloud). Your prince shall grace the Takht-e-hindustan. Dehleez-e-hindustan, Delhi is ours. We fought to get back our rightful place in the history of this land, we fought to take back what was snatched away from us. Now we fight for the glory of Mogul sultanat- One nation, one king and whosoever would come afront this vow of your prince shall meet death in all its beauty.

Affirming the proclaim of their exiled prince who was now the youngest king to ascend the throne of Delhi, the army roared so loud that it shook both the terrains and hearts of the mighties who ruled the varied provinces of the Hind- Northern states, eastern Bengal, central Deccan, and southern plateau. Although oblivious to roar, and unaffected amongst all the provinces "Rajputana the clan of fierce warriors studded with their mighty valor stayed affirmed that they would crush every thunder that ever dared to move pass their lands. And no one but the history to be written knew that it was just the matter of time when this young Mogul king would get to know the mettle of Rajputs- the true warriors of the land of Hindustan and what it takes to be the "One true king of all..

sm1308 thumbnail

Chapter 3: Part I Eyeing the Rajputana

Conquest of Lahore, Multan, Ajmer, and Gwalior followed Jalalud'din's succession to Delhi, and in the span of next two years the Moguls had strengthened their position in North India, besieging the inconquerable forts north of Narmada which were earlier in the strongholds of Suri rulers (Sikandar Shah Suri clan). Another two years and by 1569-1560 Malwa, Bihar, Gondwana were next to fall bringing major central India under the Mogul rule. Rajputana was still untouched, but the northern periphery of Rajputna covering Nagor, Mewat and Ajmer had already been annexed by Moguls.

Rajputana was to be dealt with care, and Jalal knew there was no hurry. He had to be fully prepared to meet the fury of Rajputs. It was the battle to be struck with wit, and not just a brute invasion. If dealt unruly, clash with Rajputana might incur thrice the more loss to Moguls, in terms of soldiers and resources. The undefeated streak of Moguls could be at stake and Jalal ud'din was not ready to take that stain on his name. It was for this reason that he kept his eyes on Rajpuatana but laid his hands off until he had strengthened his position in the entire northern, eastern and central India.

Six years had passed, twenty year old Jalalud'din was perhaps the youngest king of such a widespread reign, ever but his political wit as a ruler had blossomed to its full. The time was right for the invasion that had been haunting his dreams, all he needed was a plan, an opportunity to breach through the high thick walls of Rajputana that stood tall even against the roar of the mighty canons of the brute invaders.

He indeed had heard of them, may be just in stories, and singing ballads - Rajputana, the land of people who bask in colors and sing the valour of their soldiers in folkores. Rajputs, the men of their words who smear their forehead with vermillion and wear the swords as their pride, who strike their enemy in the battlefield as a dance of death, who leave their fort with the garlands of basil around their neck and hail the name of their deities so loud and thunderous, embrace death, never retreat. The clan where women are respected as goddesses, raised and taught equal to men, who enter burning pyres if their men fell in battles letting no enemy seize their sanctity..fierce yet moral, brave yet kind, loyal yet proud- true sons and daughter of their motherland.

The stories had always thrilled him, the folklores always made him wonder that despite being this valorsome, they never grew their territory. They are just a group of smaller kingdoms, they never invade, never attack, just defend their own piece of kingdom. If united they could be a force to reckon with, but divided each kingdom stands alone with its entire world in the premises of one fort, which are next to impossible to seize.

Engrossed in his thoughts, Jalal was looking at the terrains of Rajputana when Abdul entered his tent.

Abdul: The word has been sent my king. The royal family and begums will leave for Agra from Kabul under the secure and watchful eyes of Mirza Hakim. No worries, the journey will be safe. Arrangements have been made at the fort of Agra and western wing has been transformed into palace of royal begums as per your command..

Jalal: Good..How is Khan baba?

Abdul: I wouldn't say well..I don't see him getting better..Medicines don't seem to be working. He has asked me to request you my king- his wish to visit Mecca.

Jalal: He is too weak to journey. Tell him...

Abdul (interrupting Jalal, sadly): I think you should grant him the wish.

Jalal turned to meet Abdul's gaze and sensed the restlessness and grief.

Jalal (sighed and shook his head in affirmation): Make sure he is in best hands. He should be well taken care of during the journey Abdul.

Abdul: Should I make arrangements for you too, to leave for Agra?

Jalal (sternly): What for?

Abdul: You haven't seen them in five years. Mariam Makani has been sending letters, you haven't sent even one reply. Don't you miss them my king.

Jalal (sensing the concern in Abdul's tone, changed the topic): Let the lieutenants know. I need them here first thing tomorrow morning with all the details of our position in the outskirts of Rajputana. You be here too Abdul. For now, have a sound sleep, my friend.

Abdul nodded and left with a heavy heart. He knew there was no point arguing. One often pushes away the thing, one needs the most. Call it an art of survival, a measure to escape reality. All his life, Jalalud'din had been subduing his pain. In an urge to conquer his pains he had himself silenced the sobbing younger self to such an extent that after all this time he can not hear his own heart thudding. The hardships of war, the betrayals of his uncles, helpless mother sowed the seeds of anger and hatred so deep, that all he is now, is the fruit of apathy.

But there is always hope, and no matter what Abdul believed that a day would come when his friend's heart would find the warmth he had been looking for all his life. A companion would find her way into the closed cold closets of Jalal's heart, a whirlwind will knock his breath out and his heart would beat so fast that the ignorant man would come to know what love does to you. And how so much he would want to shake her off, she would cling to his breath like the essence of rose for life and lives to come. Then perhaps my friend would know what is there to miss...Amen!

(Little did Abdul know that his prayers were to be answered soon, very soon)

Chapter 3: Part II A- Damn Abdul! His prayers got answered "The first meet"

Abdul had left leaving behind the wailing question for Jalal-Don't you miss them, my king? What to miss when he hadn't even felt what it is to be with the family. Families protect but his family either abandoned him or plotted treacherous plans to get him killed. His mother had been too distant, his relatives wished him dead, being under the kingship of a twenty year old was unbearable for most of his ministers. Being inhumanely strong and brute in his decisions was never an option for him, it was necessary to keep the conspiracies under check. He had to be too feared for anyone to even dream to dare to act against his verdicts. And yet every now and then he had to march to curb the atrocities of his mansabdars (governors of the regions under Mogul rule), to refresh their memories that he was the king of empire, like or not. His begums, oh yeah, Ruqaiyya sultan, the first of all, she is quite a friend more than a wife, but too busy being the begum of king than wife to a husband. He hasn't ever felt what it means to have someone one could truly connect to, one who could understand what is brewing within even if you don't say a word. All he has come across is hate, anger, prisoners of wars, their wailing families who despise him, people who fear him.

He was sure hate is a real thing, and this love thing that makes you miss something definitely belongs to stories. Though he would admit, he was fond of listening to stories, cultures, landscapes, histories- and for this he was fond of Abdul and Khan baba.

Jalal (laid back on his bed): Silly Abdul.

In no time he dozed off, keeping in mind that he has to go visit khan baba the next day to check up on his health. He has been sick for long. The continuous battles and governance have had a toll on his health. He soon might have to take over all the responsibilities from him. Is he ready for that?

It had just been four hours, the sun was yet to come in couple of hours, but Jalal woke up. He felt a gush of restlessness, may be some nightmare. He cursed and left the bed disappointed. Not having a peaceful sleep was quite common for him, but he wished atleast his mind doesn't have to be his foe. He came out his tent. It was the darkest couple of hours before the sun but the moon lit shiny. He was in a plain white dress. The night was too silent all he could hear were the shreak of night creatures and hooting owls.

Suddenly he heard faint gallops of horses. Focusing himself in the direction of the sound, he looked from the top of the hill down in the jungle and saw four riders riding horses at an unimaginably fast speed. One of the four was amazingly fast and from the top it seemed as if the remaining three were trying to catch hold of him. The fastest one made a swift move, dodging the other three and took an unnoticeable turn. Jalal could see him from the top hill that the turn leaded to the borderline of Amer (part of Rajputana) and Nagaur (under Mogul dominance). The thought that someone was trying to breach the Mogul area in the dark hours of night left Jalal disturbed. Who was the one who took the turn? why the other three were following him? Was the first rider on run? The whirlwind of questions overwhelmed and there was just one way to find out.

Jalal took his sword from his tent and whistled aloud. In a minute his horse the mighty dark stallion "Sultan was next to him. Leaving the asleep batallion behind he vanished in the dark of night galloping towards the path treaded by the first rider. Riding in the forest he could see the trail left behind by horses' feet. It was not very long, when he heard the galloping horse a few distance away from him. Sensing someone following, the rider spirited his horse and gave his speed a massive thrust. Jalal was amazed, he had never seen his sultan struggling for pace to beat any other horse. He patted Sultan to speed up, but realized that it would be much better if he blocked the rider's path other way around. Jalal took a steep turn. Sudden disappearance of the follower left the rider off guard, and just when he looked back, Jalal blocked his path coming afront.

The riders horse came to an abrupt halt sensing an obstacle at front and knocked the rider off his back.

Jalal came down his horse with his hands on the hilt of his sword. The fallen rider was absolutely alert seeing a foreigner (Jalal) infront of him. It was quite dark, but under the moonlit sky, Jalal could see that the rider looked like a teen boy, in a Rajput attire loosely covering his body. Turban was wrapped over his head, covering his entire face except his eyes, his very alert eyes. He wouldnt call such a boy a warrior, but his riding skills held no bounds. He was definitely a spy, thought Jalal. A sword hung from the side of his waist and the moment he had fallen his hands were on the hilt.

Jalal (marching forward): Drop the weapon and no one gets hurt here.

The rider stood silent holding his grounds.

Jalal: I said drop the sword and reveal your identity?

The rider didn't seem affected by the approaching jalal, instead he took the sword off its cover and balanced himself on his heel in a complete warrior pose.

Jalal (amused): You wanna reveal the truth the hard way.

Jalal smirked and held his ground waiting for the strike.

The rider sprung a circle and struck at Jalal plunging the force of entire momentum in his blow. Jalal defended, but the blow was quite hard than he had expected, it pushed him a step back. Jalal realised that he was making use of his gait and swag to compromise for the loss of manly weight-so typical rajput style of combat.

Jalal (bemused): Impressive. Go again.

Jalal could feel the rider was up for the challenge. On Jalal's call, he rolled his sword in his wrist like a pro and waged a full fletched attack on Jalal. Jalal escaped the left hook, blocked the right, in no time the witty rider unloaded another sword form the back of his attire and a clean left sweep of the sword left Jalal off guard. To avoid a cut, Jalal leaped back, but the riders sword had touched him at the chest and a small smear of blood appeared on his chest. Jalal couldn't contain his amusement, the teen was an amazing swordsman, any fool who would underestimate his potential looking at his physique would sure be dead.

Jalal (smilimg cockily): Huhh.. not bad for someone who's just a tender teen. Thats all you got boy..

The remark was not welcomed and again the rider swayed his both swords and attcked Jalal with all his might. Jalal blocked both his swords crossed over his head, and the rider again surprised him giving a strong blow on his chest with his leg, pushing Jalal back.

But closing the distance Jalal swirled in a swift motion, blocked teen's right sword, and split his left sword in half using the power of his grip. A strong right elbow jab from Jalal knocked the breath out of the teen's lung and he fell back with a thud on ground defenseless.

Jalal swiftly moved ahead to pull up the fallen teen, but now it was Jalal's time to skip both a breath and a beat..

The turban had fallen off the teen's head and long curly tresses were flowing in the wind like the waves on the eve of high tide. She was a woman. Jalal was stuck on the spot, with no words, no breath, no beat.

The blow was so hard that it took a minute for her to compose herself and then she turned to look at his opponent, while still being on ground.

What jalal saw was beyond description, she was the most beautiful earthling he had come across or may be she was a celestial nymph. The doe shaped eyes were brown with a hue of molten gold, her slightly elevated plush pink cheeks, her slender nose had a diamond ring that shone like a twinkling star in the light of moon. Her lips, pink like the freshly dewed petals of a tender rose, and there he could see a deep deep cut, she had just suffered from his jab. The blood drop was oozing out of the cut. She wiped it off and in the process smeared her lip deep red.

The cut brought him back to his senses, and he squirmed in unease wishing he could chop his hands off. How dare they touch her like a brute. Not able to withstand her dizzy state Jalal lowered his gaze.

Jalal (looking down): I apologise. .I didn't know or else I wouldn't have...

She was taken aback at the apology, she wasn't expecting any. She got up on her feet but was still dazed by the blow. Trying to keep her balance, she reached her horse, and took a gulp of water from the silver slim container hung there.

But before she could gain her composure back, rustling of the leaves, left both her and Jalal alert. They were nomore alone. Jalal could feel pair of footsteps approaching them. Wait, not just a pair, there were more. He cursed and for the first time in his entire life he felt a shiver, not for him, but for someone else. For the first time ever, he felt concerned, and for the first time ever he was ready for the kill, not for him, but for someone else. For the first time ever, he felt the urge, to save someone than to destroy.

Part II-B

Jalal picked up the sword that had fallen out of her grip during the combat and forwarded it back to her.

Jalal: You might need it. (In an emphasizing tone) Stay right here. Dare not move with that dizzy head.

The girl still dazed gathered her senses, grabbed the sword and spanned the surrounding assessing the situation with a spinning vision.

In moments, fleet of fifteen men came out in front, ravishing the thick weeds and dense cover of forest. A relief washed over Jalal, they were Mogul soldiers. But in the very next moment Jalal realised they didn't recognise him. He was in a simple attire and the sun hadn't risen yet. He was about to address the soldiers as their king, suddenly the thought of the rajput girl standing behind got him tongue-tied. How much Rajputs despise Moguls was already known to Jalal. He decided to stay quiet. Suddenly one amongst the soldiers yelled at him:

Chief Soldier: Who are you?

Jalal stayed quiet. The girl moved to have a better picture of the situation as Jalal's towering built was blocking her plain sight.

The other soldier noticed that there was someone else standing distant to the intruder (Jalal) and the attire was that of a rajput.

Sensing the movement behind Jalal cursed, why she had to move?

Second soldier: Wait! They are two, other one looks like a Rajput.

The moment the chief soldier zeroed on the other intruder at the back, his eyes got widened.

Chief Soldier: (To other soldier while oggling the girl behind) Do you see what I see? She is a woman, and Oh god I haven't seen a beauty like her.

The word was out his mouth and Jalal's fury boiled his blood, and a devilish fire inflammed his eyes. He barely managed to contain himself, the deathly grip on the hilt of his sword cut past his palm, and a drop of blood dripped off the finger.

He stayed quiet.

Chief Soldier: (yelling in ecstacy) We take her to master Shariffudin. He will weigh us in gold for her.

Hearing him, the girl fumed at the insult. She silently moved her dagger out of her waist band to silence the creep forever and heard him yelling again.

Chief soldier: (In a creepy lust laden tone) But first bring her to me. Let me have an eyefull glimpse of her before...

Before he could complete his sentence, Jalal's knife left its destination and penetrated the centre of his forehead.

The chief soldier fell dead with a thud. The girl was awestruck, the knife must have moved with a speed of lightening.Who was he afterall?she wondered.

The soldiers gasped at the sudden quick death of their chief and ran towards Jalal for the kill. What followed was a massacre she had never seen before.

Mutilated soldiers lay dead in just a flash of moment. Jalal's sword dripped with blood. A sense of grief flashed his face, he had killed his own soldiers.

Still amazed by the intensity of event that had just passed, she move past the corpses and came in front. She looked at the man who was fighting with her a hour back, the same man who plunged into the fight that she was supposed to face, who poked life out of all those who tried to harm her. She looked at Jalal absolutely confused.

Jalal (looking back at her): I didn't mean to kill them (grief evident on his face). They were...

Her: "Moguls. It was the first time she had spoken since their encounter.

Her: They were Moguls (with a despise laden tone). They would have killed us if you hadn't.

Jalal could sense the sheer disgust she had in her tone.

Her: The Mogul soldiers stationed at Nagaur, Malwa and other provinces of Mogul dominion raid the border villages of Rajputana. Everytime they sweep past its like a killing spree, they rob the villagers for grains, money, jewels, enslave them, destroy our temples, shrines, kill young - old alike, honor, life, everything at stake.

Jalal could feel her voice shaking in agony and anger.

Her: Those brute and cruel Mogul mansabdars of Nagaur and Malwa, Shariffudin and Adham Khan have created havoc since their succession here. These men like their masters have no dignity. They show no mercy, so why feel remorse for their death.

You call them soldiers? They aren't soldiers, they are just mercenaries, soldiers fight for a purpose, for protection of their people. I wonder if these petty mansabdars of these provinces are so vicious, cruel and brute. What would their 20 year old pig-head king be like? Afterall subjects reflect the nature of their masters,don't they??. I so hate them.

You did the right thing, don't feel bad.

Jalal could see the pained features, a strange mix of agony and anger was quite evident in her beautiful sparking eyes.

What he heard was strange, he indeed has been waging war since past six years, his soldiers are one of the most trained and brute in their art of battle, but he has always lived by the rules and so has his army. He never lays hands on Prisoners of wars,women, kids or olds; never destroys the city or its people; what is she talking about loots and destruction? But, what he saw just now was quite a proof that she was right. He just saw them trying to abduct a women for Sharifuddin, one of his mansabdar. He had also been hearing similar news from Malwa. What if this is true? What if he has been so busy in enhancing the range of his reign that he hasn't given any thought on his reign. What if his ministers were misusing their powers under his name.

The thought and the hatred emmanating from her left him restless.

Seeing him quiet, she looked back at him.

Her: Are you hurt? Blood is dripping off your palm.

Jalal was still consumed in his thoughts analyzing what she had just said.

Hearing no reply, she removed the sword from his grip and held his wrist upfront. The injury was from markings of the hilt, when he had pressed it too hard to contain his anger at the chief soldier.

She tweeted in a bird like voice and the next moment her horse was beside her, She washed the blood from the injury off his palm and offered him water.

Jalal was amazed at the gesture. The girl was in combat with him moments ago and now she was cleaning his wound Something warm melted inside his heart. Being in so close vicinity, he studied her features again more closely, she was the epitome of beauty in all respect. Suddenly a shiver ran down Jalal's spine when she swiped her fingers across jalal's palm, pat dried the blood stain with a piece of cloth and tied the cloth around his palm. Getting conscious of Jalal's piercing gaze she lifted her face up, and underneath those thick long eye-lashes, her beautiful kohl laden eyes met jalal's stare. Jalal could see her pupil dilated for a moment and her petal like tender lips dried in anticipation. The cut on her lip was glistening like a dew drop on a freshly bloomed petal.

Jalal couldn't stop himself and glazed his thumb on the cut of her lip,an unfamiliar pain sweeped across his heart.

Jalal: "I'm so sorry, does it hurt?A tint of pink glazed her cheek and in a flash she retreated few steps back.

Her: (In a frail voice, looking down) No it doesn't.

Jalal smiled, perhaps he was not the only one getting affected here from their close proximity.

She managed to look up again, distant this time and asked,

"Who are you?

Jalal: Aaa... I'm,,,I'm a horse trader.

She laughed with a sudden outburst, "What? They train their traders like assassins, where you belong from??

Her laugh tinkled like a temple's bell in his ears  

Jalal (all flushed up, seeing his lie caught, stammered): I...I'm..!!

Her: Its okay, you don't have to tell me, if you don't wish to. I understand. Although, you do have an amazing horse, what a pretty beautiful strong stallion..

She moved towards sultan and gave him a featherlight touch on his back and underneath his eyes. Jalal moved to stop her, given sultan doesn't like being touched by anyone other than him. But the amazement followed next, when sultan willingly gave in and bowed to her touch.

Jalal: Well! you too have perhaps the fastest horse, I've ever come across. Even my sultan couldn't catch hold of him.

Her: (Smiling) Yeah, he is my beloved Badal.

Jalal: So who are you? What you were doing in the forest at this late hour? Who were the other three riders chasing you down?

Her: Well! I'm Jodha. Those three were my brothers. With the orders of our king, they move past across the borders every morning to make sure the guards at borders are in place and alert. I just happen to wake up early and they agreed (after much convincing) to take me along for a ride. I thought to scare them, took a sharp turn but then out of nowhere you happened.

Jalal: Yeah! I looked from the top of the hill and thought some fellas were chasing some..

Jodha (laughing heartily): What? Some dacoit, spy?

Jalal: (smiling) But I must admit you've an excellent riding and combat skills. I wouldn't have ever believed that...

Jodha: What? That you were fighting a woman...we teach our boys and girls alike (she smiled).

Jalal: Yeah ofcourse, "Rajputs the clan of mighty men and fiery women.

Jodha smiled sensing the true admiration in his eyes for her clan.

Suddenly she heard a faint calling..someone was calling out her name from distance. She knew they must be her brothers looking for her...

Jalal could hear the call as well..

Jodha: I must leave, they are looking for me.

For an instance Jalal didn't want her to leave. He lingered and then out of blue asked her,

"Would you ever wish to meet me again?

The honesty and sincerity in his voice touched her heart.

Jodha: Yes! Would you?

Jalal: Please don't ask. I might not let you go.

Jodha (with a frail smile): I haven't felt like this ever. Thankyou for saving my life.

Jalal: Oh Please! A warrior like you doesn't need a saving. What I thought I was saving, was my life.

Jodha's eyes misted, the conversation was making it hard to leave. She was amazed at the audacity of the stranger. She had just met him a hour ago, was feeling something that she had never felt for anyone.

Jalal: (Restless) Listen, Jodha! You must know who I am, I'm...

Jodha (stopped him midway): No, don't tell me who you are. If we are destined, we shall meet again and if we didn't, I would cherish this moment as the most perfect, precious and specialsome moment of my life. This memory shall stay untainted in my heart forever.

Jodha rode her horse in one leap and looked back at Jalal to bid a final goodbye.

Jalal: (with a content smile) Do not forget to get that cut treated, or it will leave a mark on your lip. And I'm quite sure you wouldnt want to be called "Marked".

Jodha (a shy smile crept on her face) Who knows, I might want to keep the mark. You better get your chest wound treated.

Jalal: Oh please! Believe me I would love to stay "marked".

A broad smile on Jodha's face spread content in Jalal's whole existence.

Jalal: (waved) until we meet again..

Jodha left galloping in the redness of the rising sun. His heart ached with some unwavery nagging sense of pain while watching her fade away from his sight.

He knew the moment had changed him, and she perhaps ruined him forever, leaving him no good for anyone anymore but only her...

P.S: Pls let me know how do you like the story..suggestions and comments are heartily welcomed. Drop the draft a like, if you feel it met the expectations of Jodha Akbar fandom..

Thanks

sm

sm1308 thumbnail

Chapter 4: Part-I The path of "Rediscovering the reign

The sun had risen but there was no sign of Jalal in the tent.

Abdul (wondered): Where has he gone so early in the morning??

With every passing moment, threat was looming in Abdul's head.

Abdul (restless): Where the hell he went, Doesn't ever give a damn about telling anything that hovers in his mind..

Abdul decided it was time to go look for him. It wasn't safe for Jalal, being in this close vicinity of Rajputana. Who knows what dangers were hidden in the unknown landscape.

Before Abdul could leave the tent, Jalal entered

Abdul (with a sigh of relief): Sweet lord! Where have you been?And look at you, Did someone attack, you're hurt, bleeding...What What happened Jalal? Were you ambushed by the Rajputs here??For God sake speak youuu...

Jalal was still in trance..He did see Abdul mumbling but couldn't hear anything..The glimpses of Jodha, the proximity, her leaving had been flashing in his mind on his way back.

Abdul (jerking jalal): WHERE WERE YOU?WHAT HAPPENED? WILL YOU SAY SOMETHING??

Jalal (jerked out of daze): Aaa..Did you say something??

Abdul looked at Jalal, looking all confused staring back at him, he looked as if he was in a fight, he was indeed hurt, but there was no sign of pain on his face, rather he seemed as fresh as the view after rain, he had never seen a peaceful Jalal..So calm, quiet, serene...Who was he, sure not the mighty ruthless king he had befriended while he was a teen..

Abdul touched his shoulder, "What happened Jalal? Is everything okay??

Suddenly Jalal remembered the soldiers. There was something to be done.

Jalal (with a hardened face): Abdul! Downhill in the forest at the western outskirts of Nagaur, bodies of fifteen Mogul soldiers are lying. Make arrangements for them to be taken back to Nagaur, give them proper burial. Send words to Shariffudin, I need to see him.

Abdul (shocked): Our soldiers attacked you???Sharif's men??

Jalal: Yeah..Ask Chugtai Khan and Hidayat Bashir to employ their best spies in the provinces of Nagaur and Malwa. I need every detailed report of Sharif's and Adham Khan's activities.

Adham Khan was Mahamanga's son, the woman who held the position of the prime advisor to Jalal. She had gained Jalal's attention, trust and affections same as Bairam Khan since his childhood. These were the only two people Jalal entrusted with his life, and held close as family.

Abdul stayed quiet.

Jalal (seeing Abdul quiet): You know something??

Abdul: I heard. I pray they were just rumours.

Jalal (surprised): Rumours..Really! That's all you've gotta tell me.

Jalal (getting no reply from Abdul again): Tell me Abdul, How bad is it?

Abdul: I don't know my king,,, and what is there to tell, as if you're going to hear anything against your own brother in law, and brother in bond?I don't wish to speak anything against anyone with no proof..

Jalal: Then find proof..We're not mercenaries Abdul, I'm raiding kingdoms to get them all in one rule..People may see me or my men as warlords, but we should not be seen as undignified savages, as looters. Our men, my army wages war, we annex kingdom, but the people there are not harmed. We are not the looters who are robbing this land, the natives off their riches and lives. And if some of our ministers have got wrong impression it is my duty to tighten the straps. I'm a king Abdul not an invader..I was born in this soil, this country is my motherland too. I belong here and I wouldn't let anyone lay their foul hands on my people or my land's glory. Ask the lieutenants to send in their best spies and I need to have the detailed report of whatever is happening in Nagaur and Malwa in a week's time. Make sure Sharif and Adham dont catch any clue about all this.

Abdul was amazed. Never has he seen jalal think this way. He has been waging war since past six years, and it was for the first time he saw Jalal talking as a king not as the commander in chief of his army.

Abdul: What about our plans for Rajputana?

Jalal: No more invasions until I get everything straightened under my reign..

Abdul (astonished): What has happened? Did lightening strike you?

Jalal (smiled softly): Yes, got struck by lightening and it is only after the strike, the reality dawned..

Abdul (almost getting his eyes popped): Did I see you smile???

Jalal: Nooo...Just go away...

Abdul, returning the attention back to his state. "Should I send Hakim saab?

Jalal: Nah...I'm fine,,trust me,, have never been better..

Serenity returned back in Jalal's eyes as he gazed at the cloth tied to his palm.

Abdul followed Jalal's gaze and yes, the cloth, that embroidered piece of cloth, a style with a stark resemblance to crafts and stitch popular in Rajputana..

Humming away his curiosity, Abdul thought it best to leave Jalal with his newly found peace and tranquility. He could die to get his friend a taste of what Jalal was basking in this moment.

Besides, he had work to attend to. The bodies of their men were to be given proper burial and also the time was ripe when the atrocities and brutalities of Shariffuddin and Adham were brought to justice by none other than the King himself...

Ifakdha thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey nice ff 👏
Do continue
I am waiting for next chapter😳
sm1308 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ifakdha

Hey nice ff 👏

Do continue
I am waiting for next chapter😳

Hey, Thanks
That was the very first comment on all the posts..
Glad you liked..
will try updating on a weekly basis..
Thanks again for giving the review..
Ifakdha thumbnail
Originally posted by: sm1308

Hey, Thanks
That was the very first comment on all the posts..
Glad you liked..
will try updating on a weekly basis..
Thanks again for giving the review..

It was really a nice read👏
You should post it in jodha akbar forum
More people will come to know about it
What is your good name btw😊
sm1308 thumbnail

It was really a nice read👏
You should post it in jodha akbar forum
More people will come to know about it
What is your good name btw😊

Okay, I didnt thought of it..Quite new here..atleast to writing..
Not sure if I should continue here or post the chaps to JA forum..
I'm Snigdha..whats ur gud name..

Ifakdha thumbnail
Originally posted by: sm1308

Okay, I didnt thought of it..Quite new here..atleast to writing..
Not sure if I should continue here or post the chaps to JA forum..
I'm Snigdha..whats ur gud name..

Hello snigdha I am wishu
You should continue it in JA forum only
There are not more akdha readers here
But there many are interested in reading Akdha stories😊
sm1308 thumbnail

Hello snigdha I am wishu
You should continue it in JA forum only
There are not more akdha readers here
But there many are interested in reading Akdha stories😊

Okay,,,sounds great..
thanks for the suggestion.. I shall post the chaps there..
its a pleasure talking to you..
Tc
1 2
Next