FF. Rishton Ki Dor..updt ch 37 on blog

Posted: 5 years ago
Important NOte:

Guys Please Accept your Blog invitations, I have added so many people, and there are so many who still need to accept it. I want to start posting more and more updates and want as many of you to read. please guys.

Chapter 1

Khushi yawned as she looked at the clock. It was almost 10 pm. She was sure the family would not be returning any time soon and stretched out on the couch. She was watching an old Hindi movie, something she loved to but rarely did. It was good to escape into someone else's life, even if it was for only 3 hours and always a happy ending. I am thankful, she told herself, thinking about her life. It had been 9 months since her parents had passed away in a freak road accident, leaving Khushi and her sister, Muskaan, orphans. Their mean aunt Manorma and Chacha ji had reluctantly taken them in. The move from Lucknow to Mumbai had not been easy and it had been sheer hell living her Chacha and Chachi.

Manorma had treated the two girls worse than servants. Their family home had been sold and the girls had not received one penny out of it. Khushi had wanted to work as she had already completed her education, so she could help Muskaan finish her studies. But working meant independence and Manorma did not want that for these girls. There was not a day that Khushi & Muskaan had not cried, wishing that their life had been different and that their parents had been alive. The only person who had actually cared for them in their uncle's house had been their cousin, Lavanya. Lav, as she liked to be called, was a couple years older than Muskaan and was working as an assistant designer for a big fashion house. And even though she stood up for Khushi and Muskaan, she had not always been around to protect them from her own mother.

And then, like manna from heaven Samar Uncle Uncle had arrived. He was her father's best friend and had been living in USA for the last 25 years. He had finally decided that he wanted to move back to India . It had taken him almost 6 months to track Khushi & Muskaan, after her had found out that his friend Shashi Gupta had passed away. Arriving one day to Chachaji's residence, Samar Uncle had been livid when he had seen how the girls were being treated. Taking matters into his own hands, he had taken the Khushi and Muskaan to live with his family.

Khushi smiled when he thought of Samar Uncle, He had loved her father like a brother. In this day and age, when brothers turned enemies, she admired the friendship that had survived a span of 25 years and thousands of miles. Shashi Gupta had often related stories about Samar to Khushi and Muskaan. She remembered the endless rainy nights when their father would sit with them on the patio, reminiscing. She often hoped that her ma and babu-ji were watching from above and seeing the love that the girls were being showered with by Samar Uncle and his family. I hope they are happy, she thought to herself.

The movie ended. Turning off the TV, Khushi stretched her arms over her head, the remote still in her hand, debating if she should go up to bed. A shadow fell across her supine figure. She looked up and saw him standing behind the couch, his cellphone held to his ear. It did not look like he had noticed Khushi lying on the couch. Immediately the remote clattered to the floor as Khushi scrambled to get off the couch.

'What the'' and then 'Oh' good evening,' he said.

'Evening', she mumbled. She sneaked a glance at him and looked away immediately, her eyes searching for the remote. She was a little flushed as she found it and placed it on the table.

'Where is everyone?' he asked.

'Er'they are at the Oberoi uncle's son's wedding' she said. 'Umm'good night' she said and walked away from there, trying not to look like she was running. Damn, why do I always do that? Good going Khushi, she muttered to herself and she went looking for the maid.

Arnav looked at Khushi as she walked away, his brow furrowed. He called his brother's mobile

'NK! Where are you?'

'Nanav', he heard on the other side and involuntarily moved the phone away as he heard his brother's excited loud chatter from the other side. 'You are back? Wait till I tell mom. Where are you? At home? Stay there. We are leaving in about 15 minutes!'

Smiling, Arnav hung up. The flight from NewYork to Mumbai had been long. He had been drinking caffeine and it was surely not going to let him sleep now. Massaging his neck, Arnav decided that he'd at least get some work done. He turned to leave when he saw her standing by the door.

'Um'would you like to eat dinner?' she asked him, finally looking at him. He noticed, for the first time perhaps, that she had really beautiful eyes, big, brown, almond shaped and almost apprehensive as they looked back at him. Her nose was pert and his gaze dropped to her lips. Immediately, he caught himself and said 'No, thanks. Mom and dad are probably on their way, so why don't you go up to bed, hmm?'

Arnav stared at her retreating back and mentally kicked himself. What was the matter with him? It must be all the caffeine that had him wired, he thought and walked upstairs to his room. He had a shower and felt better. Changing into slacks and t-shirt went into his adjoining study to get some work done. The study was large and this is where Arnav spent most of his time when he was not at the office. The walls were lined with books. There was a huge desk, equipped with a state of the art computer system and all possible telecommunication equipment that he'd need to keep in touch with the outside world.

In the 25 years that Samar Singh Raizada had lived in United States , he had amassed a huge fortune. Arnav, it seemed, had inherited his father's skill for making money. After graduation from Harvard Business School , Samar had assumed that Arnav would return home and take over as the CEO of Raizada Holdings. But Arnav had defied his father and started an investment firm, in partnership with his friend through college, Aman Sharma. And 5 years later, it seemed like there was no turning back. AA Investments Inc had become huge, with offices in the US and UK . When Samar Uncle had announced that he wanted to come back to India for good, Arnav had not blinked an eye. He had just taken it into his stride, informing his dad that they had been thinking of expanding to Asia and Mumbai would be perfect.

Arnav's younger brother, Aakash, was being groomed to take over from Samar. NK was the youngest. Arnav smiled when he thought of NK. The two brothers shared a bond that was unique. NK adored his PB and was always at odds with his father. At 18 NK had shown an interest in fashion photography. His father had been furious, categorically refusing to allow his youngest son to while away his time in what Samar considered a worthless career. Arnav had stepped in and convinced his dad. NK had studied photography in New York . He was still weighing all his options as to what he wanted to do moving forward.

Arnav finished sending the fax to Aman and yawned. Stretching his arms, he leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. He was not sure how long he slept and woke up with a start when he felt gentle hands brushing his hair. He opened his eyes and smiled up at his mother. She patted his cheek, a liberty only she was allowed. Arnav stood up and enveloped her in a hug. 'Arnav'aap aagaye.' It was a statement. 'Why don't you go to bed? Bahut der hogayi hai, beta' Gauri watched her son with a smile, as he rubbed his eyes and took himself off to bed.

[/DIV]
Edited by cpervaiz - 5 years ago
Can you me access to blog 
I love to read 
This is a favorite of mine, how do I access your blog,would love to read the story in its entirety 
hi...can I get access to ur blog??...I loved the story & wanna read it fully
hey iam a nw reader can u pls add me my email [email protected]
I would like to read you story.can I please have access to your blog
[email protected]
Hi would like to read this please give access [email protected]
Hi dear I would like to read your story.can I please have access to your blog...
Regards
Dr. Shashi 
Would love to read this story. I remember being part of it sometime back . Could u pls give me the link for your blog. My email id is [email protected].