Fan Fictions

An Unusual Compromise: a Darcy/Elizabeth story | IF-NC_Entry| Ch3-pg.5

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago

This is the prompt I chose for my story.
I was supposed to get married to him but got married to his twin brother instead. My husband doesn't look at me and he has his reasons. After 6 months I demanded a divorce but he isn't ready and refuses.

I will be writing a fanfiction based on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, so I will portray the prompt in a Regency-era fashion. Since this will be a fanfiction, I would also like to add a disclaimer and state that none of these characters belong to me, with the exception of Jonathan Darcy who will be Mr. Darcy's twin brother, along with a few other characters. The well-known and beloved characters are the property of the late Miss Jane Austen.

Teaser:
Elizabeth's face is ashen as she hears her father's words, which appear to cut through the silence like a gunshot.

"You are to marry Mr. Darcy's brother."

"Fitzwilliam Darcy?" Elizabeth whispers in shock, gripping the edge of her seat. "But Papa -"

"I will not be interrupted, Lizzy," Mr. Bennet's face wore an unusually stern expression. "You must give up those fanciful notions of marriage and adhere to my orders. You are to marry Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy in a fortnight. He has been more than generous towards us, considering your actions of late."

Elizabeth blinked back tears and thought of her dear Jane, and her happiness that dwelt entirely on Mr. Bingley.

"Yes, Papa."

As Elizabeth walked to the front of the church on her father's arm, her face a mask of grim determination, she saw Mr. Darcy awaiting her at the altar, his own face drawn in a grimace. There could be no two people who were unhappier with the wedding than they.

Her mother of course was ecstatic.

"10,000 a year!" she was heard to exclaim to Lady Lucas, "And an estate in Derbyshire!"

The corners of Mr. Darcy's mouth pulled further downwards, if that was even possible.

"You need not put up with me, if my company and my connections are such a disgrace to you!" Elizabeth spoke with fire emitting from her eyes. "You may send me away to your estate in Scotland, never to be seen again. It is not unheard of after all, among your set!"

"It may not be unheard of, but I refuse to tarnish the Darcy name," Mr. Darcy spoke quietly, though his tone of voice alone sent chills up her spine.

"You are Mrs. Darcy, and Mrs. Darcy shall remain at Pemberley as its rightful mistress."

"Even if I am to be separated from all those I hold dear?" Elizabeth's face was now streaked with tears.

Mr. Darcy simply remained silent, though his answer could be read in his stoic gaze.

Chapter 1 - page 3
Chapter 2 - page 4
Chapter 3 - page 5
Edited by RamKiSeeta - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dee_J thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Got landed on this story while wandering on the IF forum after ages! I ship Lizzy-Darcy a lot. Great to see a fanfic being written on my two favorite fictional characters. Liked the teaser, waiting to see how you'll take the story forward.
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
RESERVED.
OMGOMGOMG! My fellow person is writing a Darcy/Lizzy fic. OMGOMGOMG! 
Edited by KrishnaPriyaa - 5 years ago
Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
wonderful janaki! superb work!
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Aww thanks guys, hope I can live up to your expectations. ðŸ˜³
Alone111 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Sounds good
Please continue 
Mayvs2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am a die hard fan of Pride n Prejudice...so quite happy 
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
i love P and P, esp the one starring Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth...

so your take on their story sounds interesting...
imshveta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hi
This seems quite interesting. Never imagined anyone would be writing a fanfic on Pride and Prejudice, ain't it favourite of all. 

And the start promises an interesting ride as well. Would love to read more of it.

Love
Shveta 
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Thank you guys, hope everyone will like what I write! :)