EXCLUSIVE | Adaa Khan on why she signed Vish Ya Amrit: Sitaara,

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 5 years ago

EXCLUSIVE | Adaa Khan on why she signed Vish Ya Amrit: Sitaara, 'You are usually typecast as a negative role'

In an exclusive interview with us, Adaa Khan reveals why she took up a supernatural show, Vish Ya Amrit: Sitaara, after another one like Naagin. Read the full interview here.

Read our full exclusive interview with Adaa Khan here.  |  Photo Credit: Instagram

After playing an important role in the most popular supernatural series, Naagin, Adaa Khan will be back with another show called Vish Ya Amrit: Sitaara. She plays a protagonist and a vishkanyaa in this show. After playing a negative role in Naagin, the actress will be seen playing a positive one. The promos are already out and fans are eagerly waiting to watch the show. It has replaced Bepannaah on television. Fans were super upset when they found out that Bepannaah will be going off-air and even started a protest online to stop it from being taken off-air. But fans are also looking forward to watching Adaa on the small screen yet again.

Here are excerpts from our conversation with Adaa.

You're doing another supernatural show after Naagin...

Naagin was a completely different show and this one is completely different. But, of course, nowadays people are enjoying supernatural and fantasy shows. I want to do shows that people are enjoying so looking forward to this.

You play a protagonist in Sitara as compared to your last stint, where you were the antagonist. Is this a conscious effort to change your image onscreen?

Luckily for me, I have not been stereotyped on screen, I have done positive and negative roles also. I'm very thankful and grateful that it didn't happen to me because you're usually typecast as a negative role, so breaking that image is always important for an actor. Coming out as a positive character and people accepting you in that role is a blessing. In fact, here also there will always be a question mark around my character, whether I'm good or bad. So that'll keep the audiences hooked to the show.

It's a very female-dominated show. You play the lead along with Shilpa Sakhlani.

Most of the shows on TV have been female dominated. It's always about the protagonists and the antagonists, the audience enjoy that. When it's a romantic show, people like watching the guy and the girl, when it's a supernatural show, people like watching women in it.

We haven't seen you romance anyone in any of the promos.

Not yet, but definitely aayega. (laughs)

Are you expecting the kind of TRP you witnessed when you were a part of Naagin?

I'm thankful to God that the journey so far has been successful. I'm hoping and praying that Sitara is as successful as the other shows

Edited by Nichuss - 5 years ago