IF's 1st Novelette Contest **Announcement**:Prompts@Page3 - Page 2

Posted: 5 years ago
Originally posted by ShirishaTeddy

Bookmarking.

We would PM the link after completing each round right? We have to write milestone in bracket after 3000th word in second round and so on?

Thanks correct 😊
Originally posted by Zephyr_57

-Appy we'll have to write on prompts given? 
-is it necessary to write Fan fiction ? Can it be just fiction with own characters? 

-if we write multiple chapters should they all be posted on the same day? 

-8000 words is limit for just round 3 or it's a cumulative count of all previous rounds? 

PS: You're the kind of mod this forum needed since long🤗 I hope your efforts yield everything good, also hopefully you'll get required support and appreciation😳⭐️

-The prompts are just a base of the story... you are free to take it forward the way you want. Say for example if a prompt is "Last Christmas I gave you my heart, the very next day you took it away"... from there you make a story about maybe revenge, or maybe second chance in love etc...

- No it is not necessary to write a fan fiction. You can create your own characters as well.

- 8000 word limit and so on is cumulative count.

- Thanks for the appreciation... 😳

Originally posted by MeervanSJ

Do we need to write 17000 words story?? Means are we allowed to divide it and to write???
And can we mixup two couples and characters of two shows and write a story??

The story should range between 160000 to 170000 words. No more no less. Yes you can have different chapters for sure. Just like you write short stories.

- Yes you can mixup couple (crossover if you are writing fan-fiction)
Originally posted by Koeli_Appy

The story should range between 160000 to 170000 words. No more no less. Yes you can have different chapters for sure. Just like you write short stories.

- Yes you can mixup couple (crossover if you are writing fan-fiction)

17000 or 170000? 😳

Edited by Hrideyy.26 - 5 years ago
First of all, Appy di ap cha gay🤗
Hume aapka hi intezaar tha...🤗
The best mod😊

Chalo tareef itni hi thi abhi mere confusions...

• For round 1 what do u mean by a intro? I've seen many people giving summary, some gives character sketch and some give a short chapter? Are all of these acceptable?
  • For the banner which size is acceptable? The usual 500*400 something or anything is good? 
  •  I understand for round 2 : 3000 words but after that in round 3 is it 3000 to 8000 words or start 8000 again...because that will be quite vast😆
  • Well if the votes of the readers are not counted so will it matter if there's no vote! (I'm lazy ass🤣) 
  • And if I exceed the word limit in round 1 then you said judges will just count it in the next round so does that mean the whole story will be on a single post or do we have to reserve posts? 

Hogya..or kuch yaad aya toh dubara aa jaungi😎

Hello guys, posting the prompts before time. All you need to do is select any one and write a story your way. Please note that these are just prompting. Actual story will be curved by you using the concept of the prompt.
Selecting Genre is totally your choice.
On the first page of your story please mention the prompt that you have chosen.

Prompt 1

I was left in the alter 2 years back by a millionaire and never got to know the real reason behind it. Today I have a decent job; a small place, which I can call, my home and a boyfriend whom I want to marry in future. Just when I thought that my life is about to get settled my ex-fiance returns in my life with a bang...

Prompt 2

I was supposed to get married to him but got married to his twin brother instead. My husband doesn't look at me and he has his reasons. After 6 months I demanded a divorce but he isn't ready and refuses.

Prompt 3

Revenge is the only word that comes in my mind when I listen to his name. I was sold to his father when I was six and I saw in-numerous unpleasant activities while growing up in this Mafia family. My captivator was supposed to sell me aboard but died before he could do so. Now his eldest son is the cupo, the head of the Mafia Clan. My future depends on him now.

Prompt 4

You must have read a lot of stories about a bad boy and a good girl. This time its a role reversal. I am a spoiled brat and the only daughter of my family. Parties, Drinks, boys are my pastime until I fail in my math exam and Mr Nerd takes charge of me. He is the topper and he doesn't speak at all. He is all serious and no-nonsense. What happens when a bet goes wrong?

Prompt 5

What happens when you fall for a mysterious neighbour and then one fine day he goes missing? When I start digging in deep I find something fishy. He was not what I thought him to be and then when he comes back in my life he is a changed person. Will I be able to have the same feelings for him? Will I be able to confess my love or will there be an entry of another person that will alter everything?

Prompt 6

My mom's new boyfriend's son is a total asshole. Initially, we hated each other. But that kiss on the new's years eve changed everything between us. He has his own demons and guesses what they are related to me...who is he and how does he know me since childhood?

Prompt 7

At the age of 40 and single, I decided to become a mother. You must be thinking what's the problem with that? Well, I don't do boyfriends. Yes, I am happily single needing a kid. I decide to go for artificial insemination to get pregnant. I do get pregnant but the only problem is that the sperm donor is not actually a sperm donor. He had come for some test and by mistake, his sperm was stored and right now it is happily fertilizing my egg.

Prompt 8

He is a superstar and so am I. Our first movie together was a blockbuster. Since we slept with each other things started to turn ugly. And then we never signed any film together. But then I have been offered a movie that I couldn't refuse because I knew that it would be a major breakthrough in my career. And Guess what he is the Male Lead of the Movie.

Prompt 9 (Mythology. Please stick to Mythological Background and back-story. Do not write modern stories using Mytho characters) Disclaimer is must if you are creating your own story.

After 14 years of serving his brother, Lakshman is finally back to Ayodhya. He didn't meet his wife since he is back and it has been more than a week. The longing mixed with guilt is what he was suffering until one day when Urmila comes and confronts him.

Prompt 10 (Mythology. Please stick to Mythological Background and back-story. Do not write modern stories using Mytho characters) Disclaimer is must if you are creating your own story.

What happens when Lord Shiva becomes the matchmaker of Ram-Sita and he himself falls in love with Parvati once again in the process?

Prompt 11 (Mythology. Please stick to Mythological Background and back-story. Do not write modern stories using Mytho characters) Disclaimer is must if you are creating your own story.

Radha's Thoughts: I couldn't even say a proper goodbye to him when we went away to save his biological parents. There wasn't a day I haven't thought about him. His Flute tunes still make me alive. Then one fine day I see him again...my Krishna.

Prompt 12 (Mythology. Please stick to Mythological Background and back-story. Do not write modern stories using Mytho characters) Disclaimer is must if you are creating your own story.

Time to re-write the explanation of each chapter of Bhagwat Geeta, with reference to Mahabharat.

IF's First Novelette Contest {ENTRIES}

Edited by Koeli_Appy - 5 years ago

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
For whichever prompt we choose, is it enough if we use the concept of the prompt? Or are the exact words necessary?
Originally posted by Sonatia

Just a little question😳
Is it mandatory to write the fiction in first person?

Nope... you can write the why you are comfortable with
The banner can have paintings alone?