Calling for talented writers of India-forum. Fan-Fiction Section and Writers Corner brings you the biggest contest ever. Do you love writing? Do you have the skill to mold a story in any given topic? Here is a chance to participate in the India-Forums' first N o v e l e t t e C o n t e s t
::: This contest will be held from 3rd January and tentative completion date would be 15th March. This is not only a Fan Fiction Contest. This is a contest where you can create your own characters as well. There will be m u l t i p l e w i n n e r s and lots of goodies to flaunt. A special surprise will be disclosed at the end of the contest.
So what are you wait for. Bookmark this thread and keep an eye on new announcements.
For Further queries you can post directly in this thread or you can pm me.
Your story will be judged by a panel of judges. Criteria on which your story will be judged are Grammar | Narrative | StoryTelling | Dialogues | Creativity
- You have to enter the contest by creating a post either post it in Fan-Fiction Forum or Writer's Corner or in a particular forum depending upon the characters you are writing. (eg. Anurag-Prerna (KZK2 Forum) Arnav-Khushi (IPK1 Forum).
- Send the link to me so that I can post your story link in the Main Announcement Thread in FF Forum.
- Apart from the Story Name, you have to add [IF-NC_Entry] along with it. Please note that if it is not mentioned then your entry won't be considered.
- You are free to share your stories with your readers and they are allowed to vote as well.
This contest will have 4 rounds. Each round will start exactly on the given date.
1st Round | 5th January - Teaser and Banner (You have to give a powerful teaser/blurb/Intro of your upcoming story)
2nd Round | 15th January - 3000 words (No restriction on the number of chapters) 1st Milestone.
3rd Round | 30th January - 8000 words (No restriction on the number of chapters) 2nd Milestone.
4th Round | 15th February - 15000 words (No restriction on the number of chapters) 3rd Milestone.
5th Round | 28th February - 17000 words with Epilogue (No restriction in the number of chapters) Last Milestone.
Each round will have a specific deadline. Winners will be announced after each round. Every Milestone will be judged on the number of words mentioned. However, you may continue to write even after you have achieved your milestones. But the judging will be done exactly till the mentioned milestone.
You are free to do spell-check/grammar correction in your script anytime even after you have crossed a particular milestone. Note that changes will be accounted only for the next milestone.
1st Round | Ends on 15th January
2nd Round | Ends on 30th January
3rd Round | Ends on 15th February
4th Round | Ends on 28th February
5th Round | Ends on 15th March
- You have to submit your story by PMing me after each round (milestones). If you forget to do so, you will be out of this contest. So make sure you send us the pm on time.
- Mention exact word count in brackets after you complete your milestone so that we know till where to read.
1) are we supposed to post the thread after 5th January? And are we supposed to mention it in the story title "IF NL entry" ? And each round has a winner? So like round 1 winner can be different and round 2 winner can be different?
2)Regarding the words milestone, is the number of words mentioned the limit or is it necessary requirement? Like for round 2 its 3000 words so is it like the words used should be exactly 3000 or is it like the limit is 3000?
3) The story can be based on any character/couple of television or any of our fictional characters?
The contest is judged by panel of judges but readers can vote too right? So is readers votes also a factor considered for determining the winner?
1) yes it has to be posted after 5 jan not necessarily on that day... once you post the thread you have to send me the link to enter the contest. Yes you have to mention IFNC-Entry in the title. And yes there will be different winners each round.
2) you will be judged on the milestones. However you can have more word count than the milestone but it cannot be less than that. The judges will judge till the exact word count.
3) it can be any character. Your own or television like anything as far as you are not writing on any real person (using real name). Public votes are allowed but that has got nothing to with the judgement or winning of a particular fiction.