Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Anand Rai's standing in the industry

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
After 3 big hits they said he was on par with Hirani or Bhansai or KJO. It seems as tho he is not even on Rohit Shettys level πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
How much responsibility should he bear ?? πŸ˜²πŸ˜²

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The same amount of responsibility and respect he would have owned if the movie had worked.
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
ALR was never ever on par with Hirani or SLB or even Rohit Shetty as for as BO standard goes.. He was overhyped by SRK fans once he started Zero.
I watched TWM and it was good entertainer. So guess he is good as an filmmaker although his female characterization is questionable 

crispsy thumbnail
Some directors should continue making small and medium budget movies. They should not be deluded by VFX. Without SRK or superstar, Zero could have been made within a control budget and story would be different too.
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
unpopular opinion maybe... but sorry I rather watch TWMR than any of Hirani's for SLB films lol 
whit3dove thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Bollywood audience like mass entertainers. Let it even b trash. Or they will import it from south india . If bollywood item song stops, even that would b imported from south unapologetically. Bollywood only caters to trash what public demands. So dont blame bollywood. 
He is one of the most overrated directors. 

TWM was a big bore with Madhavan acting like a Wooden doormat.

TWMR was better but still a bizarre film full of nonsense and forced eccentricity.

Raanjhanaa was full of unlikeable characters. Be it Sonam or Dhanush. 

None of the Love stories had a heart or feel to it. I think his films worked due to the novelty factor of small town dialogues and jokes which was something new. Dont even compare him to a Hirani or Bhansali.

Edited by ThunderLight - 5 years ago
Bechara...VFX ka mara! πŸ˜†
cory thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Anand L Rai. Now ppl gon say the L in his name suits him because of the fate of Zero, but he was always a competent director a very good one. 
This content was originally posted by: Her-mion-e

ALR was never ever on par with Hirani or SLB or even Rohit Shetty as for as BO standard goes.. He was overhyped by SRK fans once he started Zero.
I watched TWM and it was good entertainer. So guess he is good as an filmmaker although his female characterization is questionable 

His male characterization is creepy too. Entire Ranjhana was about an abusive insensitive stalker and tries to project him as someone "great" in the end lol
Edited by ThunderLight - 5 years ago