Vish Ya Amrit Sitara

Sitara to go off-air? - Page 2

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
By TellychakkarTeam

Colors' Vish Ya Amrit: Sitara, which was launched with much aplomb and show, is likely going to bid adieu its viewers. The series is a recreation of the vishakanya folklore that existed from the time of Chandragupta Maurya and revolves around a girl who doesn't know her roots and is compelled to choose between her real identity and the one she grew up with.

According to our sources, the Rashmi Sharma Telefilms' show, which features Adaa Khan, Arhaan Behll, and Shilpa Saklani in the leads roles, is going off air by March.

We have heard that due to low ratings, the channel will mostly pull the plug on the show.

We buzzed Adaa and producer Rashmi Sharma, but they remained unavailable for comment.

Stay tuned to this space for more updates.

Edited by amrutha131 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

On December 3, Adaa Khan-starrer supernatural show Vish Ya Amrit: Sitara went on air. The show, as of now, has not even completed 50 eppisodes till now and BollywoodLife has exclusively heard that the show is already under the scanner and might go off-air soon. According to a reliable source, the channel might pull the plug on the show in March. "The show will complete its story by March and bid adieu. Due to low ratings, there are no chances for it to get an extension," an insider confirmed. Since the show has begun, its TRPs have been dwindling. With a stellar cast including Adaa Khan, Arhaan Behl and Shilpa Saklani, it was expected to break many records, however, it couldn't live up to the expectations.

When BollywoodLife got in touch with Rashmi Sharma who is the producer of the show to confirm the news, she dismissed the reports. "This is news to me as well. I'm getting to hear this from you," she said. However, soon she lost her cool and started questioning the credibility of our sources.

We tried calling actress Adaa Khan to get a confirmation about the reports, however, she didn't respond to our calls. Recently, the actress who plays the titular role was hospitalised due to her health.

While there is no confirmation from the makers about the development yet, we think there is a high possibility for it to happen after all. Do you think the daily series should shut shop? Tweet to us @bollywood_life.

nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Are they really going off air? But for such a show not even reaching TRP 1 is expensive. Especially with all the editing their ROI is not really good. 
I think Sitara will have better chance if they change the time slot. They also have to do a lot of promotion. 
magicworld thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: nuomi.riceball

Are they really going off air? But for such a show not even reaching TRP 1 is expensive. Especially with all the editing their ROI is not really good. 

I think Sitara will have better chance if they change the time slot. They also have to do a lot of promotion. 

I think the low TRP on colors channel is that people are loosing faith in colors . They can anytime shut down there top show and bring Big Boss again and other shows suffer. Really colors channel are losing in terms of TRP except Naagin3. People mostly see starplus shows beacuse their shows are good in terms of quality.
telecritic thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
For 3 weeks the trp is at 1.0 it gave a 1.2 opwning once it dropped to 0.9.
Somewhere the meter never records show at 10:30 properly or they donnot care.
Kesari Nandan also was at 2.2opening week it dropped to 1.9 Tantra is stagnent at 0.4 from the start.the new show start with a spark and they are down during prime time
Long running show keep going
Naagin is expection dealing with channel always

Channel have to be blamed the 10:30 and 11:00 slots are late for urban and rural to watch shows they may watch netflix or hit the bed.
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: MM101

I think the low TRP on colors channel is that people are loosing faith in colors . They can anytime shut down there top show and bring Big Boss again and other shows suffer. Really colors channel are losing in terms of TRP except Naagin3. People mostly see starplus shows beacuse their shows are good in terms of quality.

Actually apart from Naagin I think the KKK is also doing well in terms of TRP. 

Yeah, all of Colors show are just not performing well these days except for these two. They do not contribute much to the TRP. It's no wonder if they will pull the plug on Sitara too. It's gonna be really sad though if that happens. 

Instead of pulling the plug they really need to do a lot of promotions. They also need to change the airing time for Sitara. Really guys!! Who would want to watch tv in the wee hours of the night nowadays. People will prefer to do some other thing. Especially in this busy community.