CID

CID director-producer Brijendra Pal Singh appointed as new FTII Chairm

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

CID directorproducer Brijendra Pal Singh appointed as new FTII Chairman

MUMBAI: Brijendra Pal Singh, directorproducer of the famous crime investigation series CID, has been appointed as the new President of FTII and the Chairperson of the FTII governing council.

Previously, veteran actor Anupam Kher was the Chairman of the prestigious Film and Television Institute of India (FTII). His resignation came as a shock to the FTII governing council as he was the one who formed it. Anupam stepped down from his position owing to his busy work schedule and international assignment.

Almost a month after Anupam's stepping down, Brijendra was appointed by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) to carry the role forward. An alumnus of the Pune institute, he was earlier the Vice-Chairman of the FTII governing council.

The official announcement was made by the institute on Twitter on Thursday evening.

An FTII release read, The tenure of Singh, who succeeds Anupam Kher, will be for the remaining period of block of three years starting from March 3, 2017 as per the provisions of FTII rules.'

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

23Diya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
That's a good news. But I think it's temporary, at least for the now, since he is said to be an incumbent. 
I wonder what the rest of the cast are doing. No off-screen photos or stories anymore...😒
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I saw that Aditya sir is acting in a few movies. Saaho, Super 30, and another one with Nawazuddin. 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/honey-trehan-to-make-his-directorial-debut-from-lucknow/story-qpmLsD0LqbNfJbQlKW702O.html

https://www.in.com/entertainment/bollywood/happy-new-year-2019-bollywood-biopics-to-look-forward-to-this-year-276853.htm

So he's pretty busy I guess. 

The sad thing is he will act in crappy, dark movies or some big movies where he hardly has a role  😵 

Edited by visrom - 5 years ago
siya_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I thought CID was supposed to be back on TV after a break. Is that not the plan anymore? 
Minionite thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: siya_16

I thought CID was supposed to be back on TV after a break. Is that not the plan anymore? 

That was only said to calm fans down. Sony didn't expect such an uproar when they suddenly announced CID was being pulled off air. They had to do damage control.

Even if it comes back, it has already been announced that it would most likely be with new actors because the budget would be cut a lot.
23Diya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: visrom

I saw that Aditya sir is acting in a few movies. Saaho, Super 30, and another one with Nawazuddin. 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/honey-trehan-to-make-his-directorial-debut-from-lucknow/story-qpmLsD0LqbNfJbQlKW702O.html

https://www.in.com/entertainment/bollywood/happy-new-year-2019-bollywood-biopics-to-look-forward-to-this-year-276853.htm

So he's pretty busy I guess. 

The sad thing is he will act in crappy, dark movies or some big movies where he hardly has a role  😵 

Nothing new though. He was already doing these when CID was running. 

I guess he would give more time to theater now, since he originally comes from that background. Most of the cast does- Shivaji sir, Aditya sir, Narendra Gupta etc...
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: Metis

That was only said to calm fans down. Sony didn't expect such an uproar when they suddenly announced CID was being pulled off air. They had to do damage control.

Even if it comes back, it has already been announced that it would most likely be with new actors because the budget would be cut a lot.

I don't mind if it returns with fresh faces and a new outlook altogether. But its tragic that the actors who devoted their precious decades to the show weren't given proper farewell. The sudden closure was a bloody cliffhanger.