Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 months ago

Chapter 134

They left Paris with their hearts light and their bags heavy. Apart from the shoes and the jewelry, they'd also ended up purchasing lots of chocolates and make-up, along with a number of souvenirs from the airport. So much so that they'd had to purchase a new suitcase to fit all their purchases in. But, it had been a successful trip and they were both glad for it. Tired with the day's activities, they both slept off the moment they were seated on the plane, waking up only when the air hostess informed them that they'd be landing soon. 

They arrived in Naples on a sunny day. Since there was no direct flight to Amalfi, they'd landed in Naples, from where they'd have to make the rest of the journey via road or rail to reach their actual honeymoon destination. But, seeing as they wouldn't get to come to Naples every day, Armaan had saved a day for them to explore the city.

To save some time and effort, he'd requested an airport pick-up from the hotel where they were staying. A driver was waiting for them by the time they'd made it out of immigration. He helped them situate their bags in the car before driving off. 

Riddhima cuddled into Armaan's chest the moment they got moving. "Thank you," she whispered softly. 

"Whatever for?" Armaan asked, carding his fingers through her hair. 

"The best honeymoon ever," Riddhima told him.

"It's not even started yet, technically," Armaan pointed out.

"Exactly!" Riddhima exclaimed. "It's not even started yet but these have been the best two days of my life already."

"You spent most of those days on a plane. And you were sleeping for half the journey," Armaan added.

"Pch… Ab main complement de rahi hoon toh chup-chaap lelo na!! Isme bhi tumhe nautanki karni zaroori hai kya?" Riddhima groused, turning away from him.

Armaan chuckled. "Achcha, baba! Sorry! You're very welcome, Basket. I love you! But waise tumhe thank you kehne ki zaroorat nahi hai kyuki sirf tumhaara honeymoon thodi hai… Mera bhi toh hai!"

"Tum itne zyada annoying kyu ho?" Riddhima questioned, annoyed, pushing him away from herself.

"All part of my charm, baby!" Armaan exclaimed, following her to the other end of their seat and hugging her one more time. Thankfully, she did not protest and snuggled in closer willingly. 

They reached the hotel in a few minutes and Riddhima took a moment to admire the beauty of it as Armaan and the driver unloaded their bags. The hotel itself was on an outcrop that was connected to the mainland by a narrow passageway that was just wide enough for their car to pass through. It overlooked the sea. Made entirely out of rocks, it looked more like an ancient castle than a monastery that it was supposed to be. From what Armaan had told her, the bedrooms were refurbished monks' cells. It was huger than Riddhima had expected, towering over the area with a wide expanse of gardens to boast of. She was in awe. She was even more flabbergasted when she realized that to reach the hotel they'd have to take an elevator that was carved right in the middle of rocks. 

"This feels like I'm in a superhero movie," Armaan mumbled as they rode the lift to the top. 

"Then it's already a dream come true, isn't it?" Riddhima asked rhetorically. 

They were shown into the lobby that was just as grand as the outside of the hotel. With tall ceilings adorned with intricate paintings and frescoes, tasteful chandeliers hanging at regular intervals and walls that were carved out of rocks, intricate art expertly placed at strategic points, elevated the beauty of the hotel. Riddhima was still admiring the artwork on the wall when Armaan successfully checked them in and came back to retrieve her.

The concierge personally walked them to their room with a bell boy trailing behind with their luggage. "Staying in the Suite L'Atlana gives you some special privileges in the hotel," he was explaining as they went. "You have a terrace to yourselves, as well as unrestricted access to the gardens as well as other terraces in the building. The hotel's restaurants are open from 8am to midnight, but you can get a secluded dinner set up at your private terrace, which is what we generally recommend our guests to do. The terrace overlooks the sea and has a sweeping view of the rest of the city. You can enjoy the sunset over there, and then the weather will be pleasant enough for a scrumptious dinner."

"That sounds fantastic!" Armaan agreed enthusiastically. "We would love some privacy for dinner."

"Of course," the concierge answered. 

When they reached the suite, he opened the door for them and guided them in. He showed them around, gesturing to the three rooms and two bathrooms, one of which had a view of the sea, also showing them the two private terraces they had. Finally ending in the living room, he presented them with a bottle of champagne and a box of delicious chocolate covered strawberries. "This is courtesy of the hotel," he explained. "I hope everything is to your liking."

"Everything is great," Riddhima quickly assured him. "Thank you so much."

"Thank you," he replied. "A staff member will be here shortly to discuss the dinner menu with you. Your pick-up for 8pm has been arranged. And as requested, here is a list of the best pizzerias on the island though I strongly recommend visiting just Mama Corleone," he added, handing Armaan a list. "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

"Corleone? Is that a reference to…" Armaan trailed off.

"The Godfather?" The concierge finished. "Yes. Yes, it is. She thinks it's funny. I find it too on the nose. But, the weird nomenclature aside, that's the best pizza I've ever had."

"Thank you so much. I think that's it for now. Only… there's no need to send anyone to discuss a menu. We would love to try the chef's signature dishes. After all, it's not everyday you're in Naples and the entire point of staying here instead of directly going to Amalfi was to enjoy the food. Right, Basket?" Armaan asked.

"You're right," Riddhima agreed. "Please don't trouble anyone with this."

"As you wish," the concierge conceded, finally leaving them alone.

"Agar Atul aur Muski hote toh kitna proud hote na? Hum yahaan sirf khaane ruke hain!" Riddhima laughed.

"Baskettttt… 2 din mein pehli baar hum poori tarah akele hain aur tumhe yeh baat karni hai? Yahaan nahi hai phir bhi kabab mein haddi… Aise kameene dost hain!" Armaan exclaimed, making Riddhima laugh. "Achcha toh kya baat karni hai tumhe?" She asked.

Armaan immediately gathered her in his arms and pulled her in for a kiss. Riddhima wound her arms around his neck and threw herself into the kiss. When Armaan's tongue swept across her bottom lip was when she used her leverage to yank his head back. "What?" Armaan whined, breathless.

"Shower first," Riddhima replied, just as breathless. 

"Pch. We can shower later!" Armaan protested. 

"Armaan, hum itne lambe safar se aaye hain aur humne last shower ghar pe liya tha. It's been almost two days. I feel so unclean. Mujhe ab shower chahiye," Riddhima asserted.

Armaan pouted but agreed. "Okay, fine. Let's shower together!"

"Armaan!" Riddhima whacked his arm. 

"What? Main toh paani bachaane ke liye keh raha hoon. We need to save the environment!" Armaan exclaimed.

"Haan, haan. Pata hai mujhe tumhe environment ki kitni chinta hai," Riddhima laughed.

"Of course! Bohot chinta hai. Toh bas… As a responsible citizen of the earth, let me do my bit," Armaan grinned. Riddhima shook her head at his antics. She extracted herself out of his arms making him crib in protest, which died in his throat when she grabbed a fistful of the front of his tee shirt and turned to the direction of the bathroom. Armaan went willingly, a silly smile on his face. Being married was the best.

_____

A couple of hours later, freshly showered and changed, the couple finally left the hotel room, leaving destruction in their wake. They'd somehow managed to leave wet footprints on almost every inch of the floor, mess up the beds in two bedrooms, and even dirty the sofa a bit. Naturally, Armaan was exceptionally proud of the mess they'd created while Riddhima was embarrassed. So, it fell to Armaan to request housekeeping only two hours after checking in. While the diligent staff workers scrubbed their room clean, Riddhima suggested they look around the hotel. Armaan was only too happy to comply. It took them a couple of hours to completely tour the hotel, but Riddhima was glad for it because every nook and cranny of the place was aesthetically pleasing. They checked out all the floors, the terraces, the gardens, the restaurants, and even the swimming pool. 

When they were done, they ventured outside to explore the island. Their first stop was naturally, Mama Corleone. They ordered a few options, wanting to try as many varieties of pizza as possible. "Oh, this is divine," Riddhima mumbled around a slice of the chef's special seven cheese pizza. "I am so ruined. This was a bad idea, Armaan!! Ab main India mein pizza kaise khaungi? Main iss poori duniya mein kahin bhi pizza kaise khaungi? Mujhe kuch aur achcha hi nahi lagega!" 

She said all this as she continued to eat, making little noises of contentment and pleasure at every bite. "Basket," Armaan choked, gritting his teeth, completely unconcerned over Riddhima's worries. "Can you please stop making those noises?"

"What noises?" Riddhima asked. "Main kya keh rahi hoon aur tum kya keh rahe ho? Concentrate!"

"How am I supposed to concentrate when you are making those sounds that are generally reserved for the bedroom?" Armaan questioned rhetorically, making Riddhima blush. "I---I'm sorry," she stuttered. "I didn't realize. It's just… This pizza is so good, Armaan!! I can't resist."

"Well, try!" Armaan exclaimed. "Otherwise I might end up mauling you right here in this restaurant and we both know you'd never survive the embarrassment."

"Armaan!!" Riddhima cried, absolutely scandalized, but also somehow pleased. While they were a sexually active couple now, the intimacy was too new to them, and it was making things off-balance, especially for Riddhima. She was learning to not be ashamed or embarrassed of her desire, or of her husband's desire, but it was extremely difficult to unlearn what had been subconsciously drilled into her her whole life. Women were looked down upon by society at large for such things, but Riddhima loved that Armaan loved not just her as a person, but also her body. It boosted her confidence to know that he could turn into a stuttering mess at just one look of some exposed skin of her thigh, her back, or her waist. She had never known that it could feel so empowering to feel this way, that it could make her see herself in a new light. But, seeing herself through Armaan's eyes was changing her. For the good, she believed. It was just taking her a little time to get comfortable in her own skin and be proud of it. It would also take a while to admit it out loud, but secretly, to herself, she could admit that she liked being intimate with Armaan, not just because it was a way to feel close to him, but also because it was pleasurable and made her feel good and see the stars. 

"Stop smiling like you want me to do it!" Armaan ordered. "I know you're thinking about it, but I really do think that the aftermath would haunt you forever."

Riddhima smiled sheepishly and looked away, which was as good a confirmation as any. "I love you," she muttered haplessly, not knowing how else to express what she was feeling at the moment. 

"I love you," was Armaan's immediate response, making her smile. She reached across the table to take his hand in hers and placed a lingering kiss on his knuckles before returning to her food.

After a delicious lunch, they went out to explore the city. Naples also had a rich street food culture which pleased Armaan and despite being full from the pizza, they ended up trying a few of the more interesting items the street vendors were selling. The entire city felt like stepping into a 1950s movie, which is what pleased Riddhima and they took a lot of pictures. They would have to buy a separate hard disk to save all the photos from this trip if their time in Paris and Naples was any indication, which was sort of a big deal for Armaan, because he'd never had so many pictures. Sure, he had a few photos from his childhood and after joining Sanjeevani, he'd had many, but never like this. It made him so happy. He had already started looking for more photography equipment for when they got home. He had a feeling that he would be needing it a lot now that he was married to Riddhima. 

They finally ended up at a Colaba Causeway-esque shopping street which took up most of their time. There were of course the silly souvenirs that they purchased, but they also got some really cool home decor. They watched the sunset from a cafe by the sea enjoying some really good coffee, resting their legs after all the walking they did, after which Armaan bustled them back to the hotel because he had plans for the rest of the evening. 

"But what plans?" Riddhima asked for the 10th time in 10 minutes as they rode in the back of a taxi. 

"Arree, baba! Surprise hai!" Armaan replied, like he had every time before that. "Thoda patience rakho na, Jaana!"

Riddhima harrumphed, making Armaan laugh. He gathered her in his arms and placed a smacking kiss on her cheek. "You're so cute, Basket!"

"Okay, question," Armaan announced after a few minutes of silence, seeing as Riddhima wasn't initiating any conversation. "Do you want to eat dinner before or after dressing up?"

Riddhima's curiosity peaked at his words. She looked up at him and asked, "What?"

"Dinner before or after dressing up?" Armaan repeated.

"Why are we dressing up?" Riddhima questioned.

"Because of my surprise. Keep up, Teacher!" Armaan joked.

"Why are we dressing up for that though?" Riddhima pressed.

"Because the surprise requires us to dress up," Armaan explained.

"Why are you always like this?" Riddhima whined, frustrated. "Bata do na kya surprise hai!!"

"Jab tumhe pata hai ki I am always like this, toh tum try kyu karti ho?" Armaan fired back.

"Pch," Riddhima pouted. "Please, baby!" She turned to him with the cutest puppy dog expression she could muster. Armaan turned his face away. "Doesn't work if I don't look at you!" He declared smugly. 

"Please, babyyyyyyyy," Riddhima repeated, putting extra emphasis on the nickname for effect. She shifted closer to Armaan and laid across Armaan as best as she could given the small space they were in.

"Please, please, please," she chanted, dropping quick kisses to Armaan's arm, his shoulder, his chest. 

"We're going to the opera!" Armaan finally exclaimed, unable to handle the assault when he couldn't do anything about it. "Happy now?" 

"Very happy!" Riddhima grinned, pulling away from him, making Armaan scowl. 

The rest of the ride passed in relative silence and soon enough they were back at the hotel. Armaan took Riddhima's hand and guided her back to their hotel room at startling speed. Once they were inside the room, he closed the door and shoved Riddhima against it, kissing her hard. Safe to say, all thought of the opera left both their minds.

"Looks like it'll be dinner after dressing up," Riddhima mumbled into Armaan's chest. They were both lying in bed, cocooned in their own little world. Armaan laughed at her words, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "Shower?" He whispered into her neck.

"Yes, please!" Riddhima agreed immediately. Armaan hauled himself off the bed and picked Riddhima up in his arms, making her shriek in delight. Laughing and giggling, they stumbled into the bathroom for the shower. After an extremely long wash, Armaan wrapped Riddhima up in one of the fluffy hotel robes before following suit. 

"Here you go!" He told Riddhima, presenting her with a garment bag that he'd retrieved from his suitcase. 

"You really thought of everything," Riddhima said, looking extremely impressed.

"Of course!" Armaan agreed. Riddhima reached up to give him a soft kiss before taking the bag from him. "Thank you," she said, giving him a hug. Armaan squeezed her tight.

"Okay, tum yahaan tayyaar ho jao, aur main doosra bedroom use kar leta hoon. But, sirf aadha ghanta. Okay, Basket?" Armaan instructed.

"Yes, boss!" Riddhima replied. Laughing, Armaan left his wife to change. He arranged everything with the hotel staff for their dinner. Done with all the prep for the night, he finally changed too. A white silk shirt with the top two buttons undone as he usually kept, paired with a pair of white trousers, a white tie knotted loosely around his neck, and a white blazer to go over it. He completed the look by wearing a few dainty gold chains around his neck and adding a yellow pocket square to his jacket. 

Once he was ready, he requested for the flowers he'd instructed to be purchased on his behalf to be brought up to the room. Having them handy, he finally knocked on the door of the other bedroom where Riddhima was getting ready. "Basket!" He called softly. "Are you ready?"

"Bas ek second!" Riddhima called from inside. Armaan heard her hurriedly puttering around the room and smiled to himself. A moment later, Riddhima opened the door looking absolutely ethereal in her white evening dress that hugged her body like a glove. 

"Wow," Armaan breathed. "Wow."

Riddhima blushed under the scrutiny, prompting Armaan to step forward and wrap her up in his arms. "I love you," he whispered into her skin, ghosting his lips from her ear to her jaw.

"I love you," Riddhima said, burying her head into his shoulder.

"I think humein opera ka plan cancel kar dena chahiye," Armaan declared, pulling back and giving her another once over.

Riddhima's tinkling laughter echoed around them at his words. "No way," she said. "I'm excited. Hum jaayenge."

"But Basket…" Armaan tried to make his case, only to be cut off. "No, Armaan," Riddhima stated. "Humein phir kab chance milega yeh sab karne ka? We have to go!"

Sighing, Armaan conceded. She was right, after all. It's not every day you get a chance to visit the Italian Opera. And, he had spent a lot on getting them a private box for two. "This is for you," he said, presenting Riddhima with a bunch of sunflowers. Riddhima accepted them gladly. "Thank you, baby," she said, pushing on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek. 

Armaan guided Riddhima to the terrace where the food was already laid out for them. He pulled a chair for her and helped her sit before taking a seat by her side. The server started them with some red wine and then plated their food. Conversation flowed easily between the couple as they took turns feeding each other and enjoying the delicious meal. 

After dinner, they made their way to the downstairs lobby where a vintage car was already waiting to drive them to their destination. They arrived at the opera with just enough time to spare to find their seats. The show for the night was a tragic love story that made Riddhima cry. Armaan was thankful for the foresight to have picked a private box because he was able to pull Riddhima into his lap and soothe her. 

"Hey," he murmured softly, running his palm along her back in a calming gesture. "It's okay, Basket. It's not real."

"I know," Riddhima sobbed. "But it's so sad!"

She hugged her husband tight throughout the show, but especially during the last act when the lovers were separated and the story ended tragically for them. 

After the show, Armaan proposed that they walk back to the hotel. To uplift her morose mood, Armaan spent the entire time cracking silly jokes, and was rewarded with a smile every now and again. "Ice-cream?" He asked her when he saw a truck.

Riddhima nodded her agreement. Grinning, Armaan rushed to the truck and came back with an assortment of flavours. "Yeh thoda zyada nahi ho gaya?" Riddhima asked him, as the two of them sat under a tree to eat.

"Nah," Armaan laughed. "We should have options."

Riddhima shook her head, digging into a chocolate one. Armaan picked the strawberry. They somehow managed to eat all the ice-cream he'd bought for them. When they were done, Armaan wrapped his jacket around Riddhima's shoulder and pulled her into his arms as they walked down the street back to their hotel. 

Once at their room, Armaan sat Riddhima down on the bed and told her to stay put. "Tum yahin baitho, main aata hoon."

Riddhima did as he asked, confused. He came back a few moments later with her make up kit in his hand. He sat beside her and opened the box. "Ab isme se makeup remover kaunsa hai?" He asked her. 

Riddhima laughed. "Kya?"

"Makeup remover? Kaunsa hai?" He repeated. 

"Armaan, main apna makeup khud utaar sakti hoon," Riddhima replied.

"I know," Armaan agreed. "Lekin mujhe bhi toh aana chahiye na! What if kisi din hum kahin se ghar aaye aur tum raaste mein so gayi toh? Mujhe utaarna padega na!"

"Tumne itni planning kar rakhi hai?" Riddhima laughed. Armaan shrugged. Sighing, she showed him the makeup wipes and solution. "Yeh hai."

She instructed him on how much solution to use and he followed her orders very carefully. Gently, he reached up to wipe the eyeliner first. Riddhima closed her eyes for him. Once he was done, he pressed a kiss to the top of her eye. He removed the eye shadow and kissed her closed eyes, removed the concealer and kissed her cheeks. Finally, he wiped away her lipstick and pressed his lips to hers in a passionate kiss. Slowly, his lips moved from her lips to her jaw to her neck to her shoulder. Riddhima fell back on the bed with Armaan on top of her, the makeup supplies forgotten as they fell to the floor. 

After, Armaan pulled Riddhima into his arms. "Did you have a good day?" He asked her.

"The best," Riddhima replied. "Thanks, baby! It was so much fun."

"Even though tum opera mein itna ro rahi thi?" Armaan pressed.

"Even then," Riddhima assured. "Especially then. It was so beautiful, Armaan. I wish, hum Mumbai mein bhi opera dekhne jaa sakte. It was such a new and different experience."

"It was," Armaan agreed. "Main dekhunga waapis jaake. It's impossible ke wahaan Mumbai mein ek bhi opera show nahi hota. Humne bas kabhi iske baare mein socha hi nahi."

"Hmmm," Riddhima mumbled. "You're right!"

They continued to talk for a while after that, just inconsequential nothing, more to listen to the other talk than anything else. Neither of them even realized when they fell asleep, hugging each other tight.

Edited by DMGThings - 8 months ago
Batul22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I feel Hamra virtual tour hojayega Paris and Italy ka ye padh k...

Omg..this makes me feel like going on a trip seriously 😒

DMGThings thumbnail
Originally posted by: Batul22

I feel Hamra virtual tour hojayega Paris and Italy ka ye padh k...

Omg..this makes me feel like going on a trip seriously 😒

Oh I feel you so bad!! Yeh chapters likhte time mujhe itna fomo ho raha tha!

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

They had such a blast in Paris. And that was not even their destination. More fun awaits.

Mrs Blanc remembered her difficult customer. What extra piece of jewelry did he sneak in?

coderlady thumbnail

He did plan everything in such detail. The surprise, her outfit. They had a wonderful time.

DMGThings thumbnail
Originally posted by: coderlady

They had such a blast in Paris. And that was not even their destination. More fun awaits.

Mrs Blanc remembered her difficult customer. What extra piece of jewelry did he sneak in?

Hahaha you'll have to wait and see what she snuck in for Armaan!!

DMGThings thumbnail
Originally posted by: coderlady

He did plan everything in such detail. The surprise, her outfit. They had a wonderful time.

They're <3

DMGThings thumbnail

Chapter 135

"This is a disaster," Riddhima moaned, throwing herself on the side of the road. "Tum hamesha yeh sab gadbad kaise kar lete ho, Armaan? Koi special talent hai kya?"

"Ab isme meri kya galti hai?!" Armaan cried, scandalized. "Mujhe pata tha kya ki aisa ho jaayega? Maine toh sab precautions liye the na!"

"Pch, kya faayda? Sab gadbad toh ho gayi na! Actually, mujhe yeh anticipate karna chahiye tha. Aaj tak tumhaara aisa kaunsa kaam hai jo perfectly hua hai?" Riddhima questioned rhetorically.

The two of them were stranded on their way to Amalfi. They'd left Naples after a late breakfast and a lazy shower. Armaan had booked them a car that he'd insisted on driving himself to get them to Positano, where they'd be staying for the remainder of their honeymoon. It was a beautiful vehicle and Riddhima had immediately fallen in love. She knew that Armaan had made sure to check that they had enough fuel, the tyres were good, and that the engine was working properly before leaving Naples behind. Yet, somehow, they were now in the middle of nowhere with a car that refused to start and no signal on their mobiles. They'd been trying to ask for a lift for the past half an hour to no avail. 

"I'm sorry," Armaan muttered, all remorseful and guilty. He should've done better. 

"It's not your fault," Riddhima replied immediately, walking around the car to pull him into a tight hug. "I'm sorry. Mujhe aise nahi bolna chahiye tha. I know tumhaare koi galti nahi hai. Tumne sab achche se check kiya tha. Ab humein kya pata tha ki aisa ho jaayega?"

"But ab kya karein? Kisi ka phone bhi nahi lag raha aur koi gaadi bhi nahi ruk rahi," Armaan replied.

"Paidal chalein?" Riddhima wondered out loud.

"Itna samaan leke?" Armaan cried incredulously. "No way!"

"Toh samaan gaadi mein chod dete hain," Riddhima shrugged.

"Haan, bas… Yeh gaadi aur itna saara samaan sab aise hi chodke chale jaate hain taaki koi sab chori kar le!" Armaan said sarcastically.

"Tum taana kyun maar rahe ho?" Riddhima whined. "At least I'm thinking of solutions!"

"Tumhe kya lagta hai main aise hi khada hoon? I'm trying to think, Basket. Lekin hum kya kar sakte hain? Bina phone ke kisi ko kaise call karein?" Armaan pointed out. "Aur aise beech raaste sab chodke nahi jaa sakte. We have no option. Humein kisi se lift hi leni padegi."

Riddhima sighed. "But koi ruk bhi toh nahi raha!"

"Koi naa koi zaroor rukega. Let's just hope for the best," Armaan replied.

A few minutes later, Armaan heard the rev of another engine and immediately went to stand in the middle of the road, Riddhima quickly following suit. The last 4 cars that had passed by had not stopped for them. Riddhima didn't have a lot of hope for this one either, but Armaan was right. At the moment, there was nothing else they could do. 

Once the car came into view, Armaan began waving his arms frantically. "Help! Please! Help! We're stuck!" He shouted, hoping to gain their attention as if two people blocking their way would not be enough. Riddhima admired the effort he was putting in, but she readied herself for another disappointment. And then, a miracle happened. The car actually stopped.

"Can I help you?" A man asked, stepping outside the car from the driver's seat.

"Hey, hi. Yes!" Armaan exhaled. "Our car broke down and we have no signal. We need help in any way that you can provide. Please."

"Desi ho kya?" The main questioned, squinting at them.

"Haan!" Armaan shouted. "Haanji. Hum… Hum India se aaye hain. Amalfi ghoomne."

"Oh. Hi. I'm Ruhan. Ab India se aaye ho, toh waise mere padosi huye. Originally, main Pakistan se hoon lekin kuch saalon se yahaan Italy mein reh raha hoon. Chaliye, main bhi uss taraf jaa raha hoon toh aapko chod dunga," he said.

"Thank you so much! I'm Armaan," Armaan introduced himself. "And this is Riddhima. She's my wife."

Riddhima and Ruhan exchanged greetings too. "Thank you so much, Ruhan. Hum kabse khade hain lekin koi lift hi nahi de raha tha. This is so nice of you."

"Don't even worry," Ruhan assured. "Luggage meri gaadi mein daal do. Main ek mechanic ko jaanta hoon. Woh gaadi tow kar lega."

"Shouldn't we wait for him?" Armaan asked, skeptical.

"Look, don't worry. Woh meri pehchaan ka hai. The car will be absolutely safe," Ruhan assured. "Aur haan, yeh mera tum dono ko lootne ka koi master plan nahi hai. Pakistan se Italy job ke liye aaya hoon and I'm doing pretty well for myself. So, mujhe chori karne ki bilkul zaroorat nahi hai."

"Exactly what a thief would say," Riddhima mumbled under her breath but Ruhan heard her. He laughed. "No, seriously. Wait. Let me introduce you to my girlfriend. She's in the car."

He hurried back to bring a beautiful woman with him. "Hi, I'm Sanskriti. This one's girlfriend," she introduced herself. "We're also on our way to a weekend getaway to Positano. It's so nice to meet you."

"Oh, hi. I'm Riddhima. This is my husband, Armaan. Thank you so much for helping us out. We are so grateful!" Riddhima exclaimed.

"Don't even mention it," Sanskriti assured her. "Shall we get this show on the road?"

"Of course!" Riddhima agreed immediately. Something about the woman had instantly put her at ease, as if she'd known Sanskriti for a while now. She walked to their car, Armaan helplessly following her. While they removed their luggage, Ruhan spoke to a mechanic. "He'll be here in like 20 minutes."

"Oh, that's great. We can follow him to his shop and get down there," Armaan said.

"Don't be silly," Sanskriti protested. "Who knows how long it might take for them to make repairs. Like I said, we are also going to Positano. We can easily drop you off at your hotel. Where are you staying?"

"The Sirenuse," Armaan told her reluctantly, making Sanskriti whistle. "Oh, damn."

"Yeah, well," Armaan couldn't help but feel embarrassed at her reaction. "We're on our honeymoon."

"Oh! Congratulations!!" Sanskriti exclaimed. "I hope you two have a great life together!"

"Thank you," Armaan replied, rubbing the back of his neck in a nervous gesture.

"Is this hotel really expensive?" Riddhima asked then, looking at Sankriti's reaction.

"Oh, you don't know?" Sanskriti asked, surprised.

"Ummm… The entire trip is kind of a surprise for me? Armaan has not shared any details. He knew I wanted to visit Amalfi for a while so he's surprising me with a dream honeymoon and I have no clue about anything," Riddhima explained.

"Awww, that's so sweet!" Sanskriti cooed. "But, to answer your question. Yes, that hotel is crazy expensive. Staying there for even a night is on my bucket list… Like one of those things you wish to do once you're a billionaire."

"Why don't you stay the night with us?" Riddhima offered immediately, paying no mind to Armaan's absolute disgust at the suggestion. "You're helping us out in such a dire situation. This is the least we can do."

"Ahhh, no thanks!" Sanskriti denied immediately, laughing at the expression Armaan was pulling. "It's your honeymoon. You're here to spend time with each other, not anyone else. Plus, our villa is already booked, and they won't process a refund. It would be a shame to let that go to waste."

"If you're sure," Riddhima acquiesced.

"Yes, totally. Don't even think about it. But, if you really want to thank us, I will not say no to dinner at one of the restaurants," Sanskriti told Riddhima.

"Sannnnn!" Ruhan exclaimed. "You can't just invite yourself out to dinner with them. That's rude."

"It's not!" Sanskriti and Riddhima declared at the same time. They turned to each other and burst into a fit of giggles. "Seriously, it's not," Riddhima repeated. "And we would love to take you to dinner."

"Yes, please!" Armaan added. "Like Riddhima said, you're really helping us out in this fix. Dinner is the least we can do."

"If you're sure," Ruhan still looked reluctant.

"Absolutely," both Armaan & Riddhima chorused.

"Okay, then. Dinner!" Ruhan agreed.

By then, the mechanic had arrived with the tow truck. He took a preliminary look at the engine and announced that it would take at least 4 hours to get the car in working condition.

"Can you drop it at the Sirenuse in Positano?" Armaan asked.

"Sure," the mechanic agreed. "But it will be extra for delivery."

"Okay. Sounds good," Armaan asserted. They exchanged contact information and Armaan paid some advance for the repairs. And then, they were on the road with Sanskriti and Ruhan.

"So, what is it that you do?" Armaan asked the couple, wanting to make small talk to pass the journey.

"I work in public relations," Ruhan explained. "I started out in the hotel industry in Islamabad at one of these posh five star hotels. When the opportunity to work for the same hotelier in Italy arrived, I took it."

"Oh, that sounds nice. Do you have family back in Pakistan?" Riddhima asked.

"Yes," Ruhan replied. "My mother and my younger sister are still there. I've been trying to convince them to move here, but you know how moms are. "Main Pakistan kabhi nahi chodungi," she says."

"I hope you convince her to move," Riddhima said.

"Yes. Ruhi, my sister, she's still in college and doesn't want to change schools. So, once she's done, I'll somehow bring them here," Ruhan revealed.

"That's great!" Armaan cheered.

"What about you, Sanskriti?" Riddhima asked.

"Oh, I'm a chef! Born and raised right here in Italy. My parents moved from Kolkata when my dad got a job opportunity here. Since I've always lived in Italy, my Hindi is weak, which is why I don't really speak it," Sanskriti said.

"Don't feel embarrassed about it. Armaan grew up in India and yet, his Hindi is still weak," Riddhima joked.

"It is not!" Armaan protested, scandalized.

"Baby, you couldn't even pronounce pushtaini correctly," Riddhima reminded him. 

"That was an accident! A slip of tongue!" Armaan defended himself.

"It's okay to admit you're not good at something, Armaan. I'll still love you the same," Riddhima promised. Armaan stuck his tongue out to her like the mature adult that he was.

"What about you? What do you do?" Sanskriti asked.

"We're doctors," Riddhima told her. "We work at a hospital in Mumbai, which is where we met. And now, here we are… After three years, finally married."

"Oh, doctors! That has got to be a very taxing profession. I can only imagine how hard you work everyday. Honestly, I'm really impressed," Ruhan stated.

"I'm sure working at a hotel is just as hectic," Armaan said. "There's always so much to do! I briefly did think about getting into hotel management, so I know."

"How do you make a leap from hotel management to medicine?" Sanskriti wondered out loud.

"You do not need to understand what goes on in my brain. Trust me, it's for your own benefit," Armaan answered sagely, as if he was imparting some life changing advice. It made Sanskriti laugh.

"So, what are your plans while you're here? How long are you here for?" Sanskriti asked instead.

"We're here for another 10 days or so. As for our plans… We're gonna be stationed in Positano, but if everything goes according to plan we should be able to visit all the islands along the coast. I was told that travelling from Positano is the easiest, so we're staying here," Armaan explained.

"Oh, definitely!! 10 days is long enough to explore the coastline. You'll have so much fun!" Ruhan said.

"How long are you here for?" Riddhima asked then.

"Oh, we're only here for 3 days. It's a little getaway to celebrate this one's birthday," Ruhan told Riddhima, flicking her head in Sanskriti's direction.

"Oh, that's so sweet!" Riddhima gushed. 

"Yeah, he's sweet sometimes," Sanskriti agreed. "Most of the time though, he's a demon."

Armaan cackled. "Oh, I get what you mean," Riddhima asserted, stopping him midlaugh. 

"Tumhe bas mauka chahiye na?" Armaan scowled.

"Oh, baby. Of course!" Riddhima agreed. "I thought you knew that."

Armaan huffed and turned away from her, looking out the window. Riddhima smiled to herself, shaking her head at his childishness. She reached up to place a kiss on his cheek in appeasement, which worked like a miracle, as always. Armaan grinned down at her, prompting her to mirror it with a smile of her own.

"You guys are so cuteeeee!!" Sanskriti exclaimed. Riddhima predictably blushed at her statement.

"Hey!" Armaan suddenly shouted. "I just realized. We have no signal, so how did you make the call?"

Ruhan laughed. "You probably got that international roaming thing on an Indian SIM, but I have local Italian network. That makes a difference."

"Does it? Isn't the entire point to have network out of India?" Armaan asked.

"Yes, but it has limitations, obviously. Your network will never be as good as a local provider. I think it's difficult on the road because of the lack of cell towers, but don't worry. You won't face this issue in Positano. Amalfi is a tourist hub so they make sure that such things don't happen," Ruhan told them.

"If it continues, I'll probably just get a new number for a few days," Armaan shrugged.

Conversation mellowed a little after that. At some point, Ruhan turned on the music system in the car to play old Bollywood songs. The three of them belted out the lyrics in horribly off key tones while Sanskriti scowled at them. They took turns playing I Spy. 

It was nearing evening when they finally reached Positano. Ruhan insisted on dropping them off to the hotel. "Thank you so much once again," Riddhima expressed. "You've been godsent."

"Seriously, Riddhima. Stop thanking us so much!" Ruhan rebuked good naturedly.

"You're sure we can't entice you into staying for a night?" Riddhima asked.

"Absolutely positive," Sanskriti replied.

"Okay, but dinner tonight?" Armaan questioned. "Or does tomorrow work better for you?"

"You're the one with the loaded itinerary. You tell us," Sanskriti told him.

Armaan laughed. "We're on vacation. The entire point is to relax. So, we can move things around. Don't worry about it."

"Oh, okay. We don't have much planned for today. Frankly, we were just going to order in after the drive. So, let's meet up in a few hours?" Ruhan suggested.

"Awesome!" Armaan agreed enthusiastically. "I'll take care of everything, so you just need to show up."

"As you wish," Sanskriti announced. "Awesome. Thank you!"

"Don't even mention it," Riddhima said.

"See you in a few hours then," Ruhan said, once Armaan and him and removed all the bags from the trunk.

"Yes!" Armaan pulled him into a hug. Riddhima gave Sanskriti a hug too. Then, they were driving away and Armaan & Riddhima checked into the hotel.

Armaan had booked them a suite once again. It was gorgeous. The suite opened to a sitting area with a sofa and a home theatre set up, along with a writing desk. There was a spacious balcony overlooking the ocean, which was larger than the living room. It had a dining table for two on one side and lounge chairs on the other. The bedroom was huge with a king size bed in the middle. There was a bathroom on one end and another balcony on the other. The balcony had a private pool, overlooking the gardens of the hotel. 

"This is so amazing, baby!" Riddhima cried, throwing herself in Armaan's arms. The force had them tumbling onto the bed.

"Oooof!" Armaan muttered around laughter. "Glad you like it. So, what plans now?"

"M'comfy," Riddhima mumbled into his chest. "Mujhe kuch nahi karna."

"Samesies," Armaan replied. "Let's nap."

"Mmmm," Riddhima hummed. Laughing, Armaan shifted them so they were fully on the bed, and rearranged them into comfortable positions - him flat on his back with Riddhima pressed into his side, her head on his chest. Riddhima fell asleep almost immediately, tired from the long journey. He looked at her for a while, looking so serene in sleep, making her look even more beautiful. He didn't even realize when he fell asleep either.

Riddhima woke up a few hours later. The sun had set, masking the room in darkness. She could feel more than see Armaan beside her. When she tried to get out of bed, Armaan's arms around her tightened. "Mmm, don't go," he mumbled in his sleep. Riddhima stopped struggling and wrapped her arms around him, running her fingers down his back, lulling him back to sleep. Once she was sure he was back to sleep, she quietly slipped away. 

The first thing she did was take a shower, washing the trip off her. Then, she ordered some food for the two of them. The last they'd eaten had been the heavy breakfast before leaving Naples and she was hungry. She was sure Armaan would be too, once he woke up. She also asked the hotel staff for an appropriate present and asked for help to buy it for her. They were most eager to do so, and less than half an hour later, she had a gorgeous handbag from one of the many couture brands that had outlets within the hotel. 

Armaan padded into the living room a few moments after. "Kahaan thi tum?" He asked, almost accusatorily, as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Main toh yahin thi. Bas thodi bhook lagi thi toh khana order kar liya," Riddhima told him. "Tumhaara hi wait kar rahi thi. Chalo, thoda kha lete hain."

"Hmmm," Armaan mumbled into her neck. 

"Armaan!! I'm hungry!" Riddhima exclaimed, when he didn't move. 

"Fine," Armaan sighed, pulling away. The two of them sat on the sofa to eat whatever Riddhima had called for. It was then that Armaan noticed the bag sitting on the writing desk. "Very good, Basket," he commented. "Tumhaari shopping abhi se shuru ho gayi?"

Riddhima rolled her eyes. "Woh Sanskriti ke liye hai. A birthday present."

"Ohhhh," Armaan hummed thoughtfully. "That's nice. Abhi zyada mat kha lena. Humaari reservation hai ek ghante mein."

"Haan," Riddhima said. "Tum bhi kha ke naha lo aur phir hum tayyaar honge tab tak time ho jaayega."

Armaan did as she suggested. He opted for a little casual look with jeans, a smart shirt, and a blazer. Riddhima had chosen a casual dress. By the time they reached the lobby, Ruhan and Sanskriti were already there.

"You made it!" Riddhima said by way of greeting, hugging Sanskriti. "Happy birthday!" She said, presenting her new friend with the bag.

"Riddhima, there was no need," Sanskriti protested.

"You have to keep it and I won't budge. Don't try to get into an argument with me. I'll win," Riddhima told her. Snorting, Sanskriti agreed.

They went to Sponda, the hotel's in-house restaurant for dinner. Time passed quickly between great food and even better company. Armaan realized that it was very easy to get along with the two of them, which made sense given that they worked in the hotel industry. They were bound to be outgoing people who would be comfortable in any situation and always knew how to make conversation. 

After dinner, they went out for drinks at the hotel bar and took to the dance floor. Armaan twirled Riddhima around as Ruhan ans Sanskriti hooted, encouraging them. With Riddhima's laughter echoing in his ears, Armaan felt this was the happiest he'd ever been.

coderlady thumbnail

It was so good they ran into such lovely people. Being stranded on the road is no fun. It worked out well and they had a nice evening.

DMGThings thumbnail

Chapter 136

The next morning, Armaan woke Riddhima up with breakfast in bed. They lounged in bed for greater part of the morning, equal parts eating and making out, which gradually led to another round of lovemaking. Riddhima had realized that they were both insatiable when it came to the other. Maybe down the line, the novelty would wear off and she wouldn't feel as if she was on fire every time Armaan as much as looked at her in a certain way, but for now, she thoroughly enjoyed the reaction Armaan incited in her, and she in him. 

They ventured out of the hotel later in the day, exploring the town and eating all the dessert they could find. Positano was a very pretty town, and they meandered through the crowds on foot, taking in every location. Again, Riddhima insisted on clicking a lot of photos. Armaan was only too happy to oblige. 

They decided to go on a trek after some sightseeing. Riddhima could not believe she let Armaan talk her into a trek instead of going to the beach, but she humoured him nonetheless, after he promised that they could go to the beach later. Anyway, the sand would be too hot for them to go to the beach in the middle of the afternoon, or so Armaan said. After some research, which included calling the hotel for recommendations, Armaan had narrowed on a trail for them. Thankfully, they'd both dressed in comfy clothes and sneakers, as well as carried basic supplies like water and sunscreen for their little expedition, so they didn't need to go to the hotel. 

"Here," Armaan pointed to a narrow path on a gentle slope along the coast. "This is it."

The first few miles were easy. Armaan helped Riddhima, guiding her to make sure she didn't step on any sharp rocks or branches. But then, Riddhima got tired. "That's it," she declared, sitting on a big rock. "Ab main aur nahi chal sakti."

"Basketttt! Bas thoda aur!" Armaan encouraged. "Hum almost pohonch gaye!"

"Armaan, main Amalfi aayi thi beach pe jaane. Pahaad chadhne nahi. Tum jao. Main yahin theek hoon," Riddhima huffed.

Sighing, Armaan turned around and bent. "What?" Riddhima asked. "Get on," Armaan commanded. "Main tumhe leke chalta hoon."

Riddhima giggled. "Muscles achche se bana liye?" She asked, remembering that time after she'd confessed to him, the second time, and he'd carried her all the way down the hill, jokingly complaining about her weight the entire time. 

"Anything for my lovely wife," Armaan promised, turning to look at her, a beautiful smile on his face. Riddhima mirrored his smile, throwing herself around him in a hug, sending them both tumbling on the ground. Armaan burst into laughter at her actions. "Kya hua?" He asked between giggles.

Riddhima shrugged. "Felt like it."

Armaan readily accepted her answer without enquiring further. A few minutes later, he sat up, and helped Riddhima do too. He bent in front of her and this time, Riddhima climbed on to his back. She wrapped her arms around his neck and tightly wound her legs around his waist. "Chalein?" She asked. She was so close Armaan felt her breath on his neck, making him shudder. So, maybe this wasn't the best idea, he realized, feeling Riddhima's body flush against his. Well, too late to back out now. If he did, Riddhima would tease him about it forever. And, it wasn't like being this close to her was ever a hardship. He'd just have to have better control of his body and its reaction to her. He could do it. He'd done it for years already.

Steeling himself, Armaan nodded his assent and started walking up the hill. Riddhima picked up conversation a couple of minutes in, pleasantly droning about something or the other. It was not long before they reached the top to a spectacular view that made the climb worth it. Armaan let Riddhima down, absolutely awestruck. The sky was a pretty pinkish orange, the sun beginning to set on the horizon, casting the last of its rays on the deep blue sea. It looked more like a scene out of a painting than anything in real life. "Wow," Armaan breathed. Riddhima echoed his sentiment. 

"Thank God tum humein yahaan le aaye. Warna yeh view miss ho jaata," Riddhima murmured softly, not wanting to break the sanctity of the moment. Armaan wrapped an arm around Riddhima's waist, pulling her into his side. He removed his jacket and spread it out on the grass for Riddhima to sit on, which she did after giving him a smacking kiss. He sat beside her, gulping down the water they'd carried. 

After a while, Riddhima had laid down on the grass and pulled Armaan along with her. She rested her head on his chest, pointing at the clouds. "That one is a dog," she said, gesturing to one of them.

"No, Basket. That's a snowman," Armaan insisted. "Woh kahaan se tumhe dog lag raha hai?"

"Armaan, tum dhyaan se dekho. Woh snowman nahi, dog hi hai," Riddhima fired back. 

"Maine kaha na, woh snowman hai," Armaan insisted.

"Don't be stupid, baby! Woh dog hi hai and that's final," Riddhima retorted.

"Snowman!!" Armaan exclaimed.

"Dog!" Riddhima cried.

"Snowman!"

"Dog!"

"Bakwaas mat karo, Basket!"

"Tum idiot ki tarah behave mat karo, Armaan!"

"Huh!" 

"Huh!" 

And somehow, as it always did, the petty argument resulted in them huffing at each other and turning their face away. Riddhima even pushed herself up so that she wasn't glued to Armaan's side, putting some distance between them. Extremely offended at the attempt, Armaan immediately pulled her back, making her fall on top of him and holding her tight.

"Armaan!" Riddhima cried. "Chodo mujhe!"

"Kli," Armaan clicked his tongue. "Nahi chodunga!"

"Pch. Armaan!" Riddhima whined.

"Riddhima," Armaan muttered back, looking at her expectantly, waiting for her to finish her sentence. Defeated, Riddhima sagged, letting her body rest against his. Sometime after that, she suggested they start the trek back down so that they don't get lost in the dark, making Armaan grin. "But that's how we started!" Armaan winked. "It'll be like old times. You and me, falling in love."

Riddhima blushed even as she teased him. "So cheesy, Dr. Mallik."

"Made you smile, Dr. Mallik," was Armaan's pat reply. 

"But seriously. Chalo chalte hain," she insisted. Armaan reluctantly agreed. He lifted her up in a princess carry this time, wading through the shrubs and stones to safely get them back down. 

When they were back at sea level, Armaan bustled them into a nearby cafe for food. They ended up gorging on a lot of food, hungry from their activities. Not wanting to go back to the hotel just yet, Armaan ordered some alcohol. "Mmmm," he appreciatively hummed at the first sip. "Basket, you should try this! This is good."

He shoved the glass in front of Riddhima and she obliged, immediately making a face as the taste registered. "Yuck! Kitna kadwa hai. Tumhe achcha kaise lag raha hai?"

Armaan laughed. "Fine. Tumhaare liye kuch aur order karta hoon. Ruko!"

He opened the menu and studied every item listed on it in careful detail before settling on one and ordering it for her. When Riddhima took the first sip this time, he paid attention to every detail, smiling smugly when he registered the uptick of her mouth. "This is okay," Riddhima reluctantly agreed. Armaan laughed. It was clear she loved it but wouldn't admit it. But, he'd let it go. For now. 

He watched in morbid fascination as she drained the glass at a speed he couldn't fathom having. "Should we order a refill?" He asked her, gesturing at her empty glass.

Riddhima wrinkled her nose. "Kuch aur try karein?" She asked.

"Absolutely," Armaan agreed enthusiastically. He ordered another drink this time, and a refill for himself. He was happy to note that Riddhima loved the new drink just as much as the old drink. It became an unspoken game after that. Armaan would make Riddhima try new drinks till they found one that Riddhima didn't like. Armaan took his responsibility extremely seriously and studied the menu as if he would be quizzed on it later before ordering for Riddhima. He really wanted to win. 

When Riddhima licked off the corner of the third glass too, Armaan made the executive decision to stop drinking, for he would have a very drunk Riddhima to take care of and it would not help matters if he wasn't sober either. They reached six drinks before Riddhima took a sip of the seventh, and promptly ended up puking on the side of the cafe. Armaan wasn't sure if it was because she hated the drink or if she'd had too much alcohol. Nevertheless, he decided it was enough for the night. 

"I am extremely sorry!" He apologized to the server, handing him extra money for the nuisance they'd inevitably caused. 

"It's okay," the server replied, though Armaan didn't believe him. The man was probably required to say that to keep his job. Feeling guilty, he pressed a few more notes into his palm before escorting Riddhima away. 

Not wanting a repeat of the last time she'd gotten drunk and insisted on finding her lost sandal, Armaan wisely removed her shoes and stuffed them in his bag before picking her up once more. The entire time, Riddhima had been humming to herself, but when she felt herself being lifted, her attention turned to Armaan. "Oyye, Junior Hulk!" She cried. "Kya kar rahe ho tum?"

Armaan could not help the smile that graced his face. He was always only Junior Hulk when she was drunk. It was cute. The first time she'd gotten drunk, she'd been heartbroken over losing him, but now here they were, married and on their honeymoon. They'd come such a long way, individually and as a couple, and every single day, he was thankful that this amazing woman had thought it worth it to stick by his side. 

"Tumhe hotel pe leke jaa raha hoon, Teacher," he finally replied when he felt Riddhima lightly slapping his cheek to get his attention. He'd been staring at her too intently to respond, but of course, drunk Riddhima had problems if he didn't pay her attention because he was distracted by… Well, her. 

"Hotel? Hotel pe kyun jaayenge? Hum ghar jaayenge na?" Riddhima asked. "Itna achcha ghar toh hai mera! Phir main hotel mein kyu ruku?" 

Armaan laughed. "Baby, woh toh Mumbai mein haina. Aur abhi toh hum Italy mein hai. Yahaan kahaan hai humaare paas ghar?"

"Hum— hum Italy kab aaye?" She hiccuped. "Kyu— kyu aaye?"

"Hum honeymoon pe aaye haina, Jaan," Armaan patiently replied.

"Oh! Main toh bhool hi gayi!" Riddhima cried, delighted. She reached up to place a slobbery kiss on Armaan's cheek and hugged him tight. "Humaari shaadi ho gayi hai! Yay!"

"Yes, yay, baby!" Armaan laughed. "Tum khush ho?"

"Bohot, bohot, bohot!" Riddhima told him. "Yeh toh mera dream come true haina! Isliye main duniya mein sabse zyada happy hoon!"

Armaan dropped a lingering kiss to the top of her head at those words. "Nah," he said into her hair. "Duniya mein sabse zyada happy toh main hoon na! Tum kaise ho sakti ho?" 

"Main hoon!" Riddhima argued.

"No, Basket. Main sabse zyada happy hoon, kyunki tumne mujhse shaadi ki," Armaan told her.

"Tum har baar mujhse ladte kyun ho? Maine kaha na. Main sabse happy hoon toh bas. Tum meri baat maan lo!" Riddhima ordered. "Warna main tumse gussa ho jaungi! Phir tumhaara kya hoga?"

"Maine tumhe kaha toh hai. Tum mujhse gussa ho jaogi toh main tumhaare peeche tumhe manane aaunga. Mujhe tumhe manana bohot achcha lagta hai," Armaan told her.

Riddhima seemed to be deep in thought, mulling over her words. "Good boy," she finally declared. "Lekin tum thoda tight pakdo na! Agar main girke doob gayi toh?"

"Yahaan paani nahi hai, Riddhima," Armaan explained.

"Arreee, lekin wahaan toh hai," Riddhima pointed at the sea. "Dikh raha hai mujhe. Main usme doob jaungi. Mujhe toh swimming bhi nahi aati!"

"Tumhe aati toh hai," Armaan protested. "Maine dekha hai tumhe swimming karte hue."

"Lekin… Mujhe… Mujhe abhi yaad nahi na," Riddhima complained. "Toh main kaise karungi swimming? Waise bhi, inn kapdo mein swimming thodi karte hain," she gestured to her clothes. "Swimming karne toh swimming costume pehente haina. Woh mere paas nahi hai abhi. Toh main kaise karungi swimming?"

Armaan guffawed at her words, stumbling a little. Riddhima's hold on her neck tightened, making it a little difficult for him to breathe. "Maina kaha na tumse! Dhyaan se pakdo!" Riddhima cried. "Main gir jaati toh?"

Armaan steadied himself and shook Riddhima's arm loose, resulting in a coughing fit. "Thoda dheere se pakdo, Basket, warna hum dono gir jaayenge."

"Dono?" Riddhima pressed, feeling a little worried.

"Haan, dono," Armaan confirmed. 

"Okay. Main pakadti hi nahi," saying so, Riddhima let go of the arms she'd wrapped around Armaan. The abrupt change caused her to flail a little, which made Armaan lose his balance, and this time, he did stumble into the ground. Riddhima made a sound of protest when he landed on top of her and he hastily threw himself on the road, giving Riddhima space to breathe. By the time he'd managed to steady himself, Riddhima had made herself comfortable on the ground and was staring at the sky. Armaan rolled his eyes. This was the second time this had happened to them in a day. The math on that seemed a little too far fetched, but here they were. 

He started to get up, but Riddhima caught hold of his hand and made him lie down again. "Kahaan jaa rahe ho?" She asked. "Mujhe chodke jaa rahe the kya?"

"Nahi, Basket!" Armaan cried. "Bas hum gir gaye na… Toh uth raha tha. Phir tumhe bhi toh uthata."

"Lekin aise kitna achcha lag raha hai!" Riddhima exlcaimed. "Dekho woh taare kitne pretty hain."

"Tumse zyada toh nahi," Armaan answered. Riddhima giggled. Not replying to his remark, she started pointing vaguely in the air, convinced that she was showing Armaan a constellation, when really, she was pointing at the sign on a shop nearby. Still, Armaan indulged her for a few minutes, happy to let her talk, letting the sound of her voice wash over him and bring him peace. 

"Basket, jaana… Bohot late ho gaya hai. Tumhe neend nahi aa rahi?" Armaan asked a little while later. His question prompted a yawn out of Riddhima. She looked so cute at that moment that Armaan wanted to die. Oblivious to his deranged thought process, his wife replied, "Haan aa toh rahi hai. Toh ab? Kya karein?"

"Chalo. Hotel chalte hain," Armaan tried again. This time, exhausted, Riddhima agreed. Armaan stood up and hoisted her in his arms again. Riddhima was fast asleep, snoring softly into his neck before he'd taken two steps. He ended up hiring a taxi to get back, not in the mood to walk the streets with no one to keep him company. 

Once inside their room, he placed Riddhima on the bed. Gently, he removed her clothes and wiped the dirt and grime off her body before slipping one of his tee-shirts on her. He fluffed her pillows and covered her with the comforter. Then, he took a quick shower before getting in bed. Riddhima immediately turned to him, seeking him out even in her sleep. She burrowed into him, his arms wrapping her up in his embrace. As he fell asleep, he belatedly realized they'd forgotten to call home. Anjali was gonna be so pissed, was his last thought before he conked out for the day. Oh, well… That was a problem for tomorrow anyway. For now, it was just Armaan, Riddhima, and the cocoon of their togetherness.

Edited by DMGThings - 8 months ago