Rules & Announcements

IMPORTANT : Newly Redesigned IF. Please give your feedback/suggestions

Posted: 2018-12-05T03:36:54Z

[MEMBERSONLY]

Hi All,

I have some exciting news to share with you all. From the last 2 years we at India Forums have been working on our new site from the ground up and its now near launch.

From time to time we have taking feedback from our selected members on the same and we have made changes based on their feedback.

We believe now we can share with all our members so that they can also provide us their valuable suggestions/ feedback before we take it LIVE.

Some of the salient features of the new site that you will notice are:

• Our Internal Site Search instead of Google Search
  • Users can now login / signup using their social accounts like Facebook / Gmail / Microsoft which makes the whole process of logging in easier.
  • Two Factor Login where one can further secure their account using Google Authenticator app.
  • We have now categorised our site in 3 main categories: Tv / Movies / Digital. We have also further added categories under them based on the language they are coming like Hindi / English. 
  • Faster browsing experience.
  • Optimized for Mobile.
  • Clean interface for best user experience.
  • We are removing comments for Celebrities and replacing it with Discussion Topics so that its more organised. Members will be able to tag the celebrity and it appears under Celebrity Profile
  • If there is no dedicated forum for a particular show one can still have discussions around it and it will show under that show Discussion Tab.
  • Users will be able to see all the critics rating under one page and they can even give their rating and based on which we will show you the computed average of that movie. That would make it a very fair way to rate a movie.

Our Beta Site URL:

https://beta.indiaforums.com

Please note that the the Beta site is not linked to the LIVE database so content will not be same. The new site once LIVE will be coming on our new domain: www.indiaforums.com 

Please check the site on both Desktop as well as Mobile devices and do give us your valuable feedback and suggestions. Me and my developer team will be active on this thread and will be checking it regularly.

We really hope that you like the new site. I would like to add that this is just the beginning of the changes that we are going to bring. We will try our best to retain the familiarity of our current site and at the same time will make it look more modern and user-friendly.

Since we are still testing the new site it might be unreachable at times while we update it. 

Regards,

Vijay

P.S.: Here are a few mockups how the site looks on different screen size:

Edited by vijay - Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 6:00 AM
Posted: 2018-12-05T03:39:37Z
Will be updating the progress log with you all here:

7 December 2018 1:09 PM

Originally posted by vijay

Thank you to each and every member who have taken time out and reviewed the new site. 
Your feedback has certainly helped us a lot in identifying issues which we didn't anticipate and we have listed down each and every issues reported by you all and already working on fixing them one by one.

The idea behind doing this exercise is that we minimise the transition glitches when we go LIVE with the new site. So please rest be assured that we are not going to migrate until we have eliminated the glitches.

Some of the new features we have added to our list are:
  1. Save as Draft option for Posts and PM
  2. Embedding Social Media posts (Facebook / Instagram / Twitter / YouTube) in Forum Posts / PM.
  3. Keyboard Emoji option will be added in your post so that it becomes lot easier for users who are coming from Mobile devices.

Many have reported about the My Post and My Forum option. We are working on it and be assured it will be there in the LIVE one.

Please continue giving us your feedback.
Edited by vijay - Friday, December 7, 2018 at 12:40 AM
Posted: 2018-12-05T06:22:19Z
I just logged in with the beta website link. I simply love the new layout. It's user friendly and amazing so far. Thumbs Up
Posted: 2018-12-05T06:26:11Z
i wanted to ask from where i can see my all post in a new layout
Posted: 2018-12-05T06:26:48Z
I am unable to login . 
Also pls add chat feature and if possible please launch App .
Posted: 2018-12-05T06:27:54Z
The new layout is so cool. Just checked it outClap
Posted: 2018-12-05T06:29:53Z
Absolutely loved the new look! Its refreshing and very cool.
The layout too is great.
Just a minor thing, Star Bharat is not available in the top channels bar on the Main Page.

Posted: 2018-12-05T06:30:11Z
Am looking forward to all the changes.