THE LIGHT WE HAD !! SS 6th chap update pg3 - Page 2

Posted: 5 years ago

Does it Hurt?

Prerna and shivani sat in the ice cream parlour , placing bites and forks in their sundae ice cream. 

" Are you okay?" shivani asked as she looked across prerna. 
"Yes ..." Prerna answered casually .
"because ,nobody sits in the ice cream parlour staring at the tiled floor for several minutes!" she announced and prerna blinked. 
"I was just looking at the floor..." Prerna tried rectifying.
"yeah , yeah , you really liked the colour of these shitty black tiles , right?" shivani said , almost finishing her bowl.
" do you think , I am the only one to encounter assholes , almost everywhere, like Dr.Prakash ..."prerna continued
"and like anurag tooo..." shivani completed. Prerna coughed a little and this didn't go well with shivani " oh ! sorry my dear , anurag could not be an asshole! Surely not." 
"I didn't say anything !" prerna reverted " but you coughed ! you are coughing without eating a single bite of this sundae ice cream!" shivani argued.
"I am just tensed !" prerna confessed .
"everybody has moved on prerna ! world is a dynamic place ! stop being a mountain , try to be a river!" shivani said.
"has he moved on too..." Prerna asked 
"who?" shivani asked . prerna looked at the ice cream for a long time , until her question had vanished in the air.

"excuse me! Could you tell where Dr. prerna is ?" anurag asked a nurse in her way . "lab no.4" she hummed and left before anurag could wish a thank you.

"You need to put this here !" prerna instructed the compounder. She stood in a magenta floral , in her heels . her hair were neatly tied in a pony tale , as a bracelet hung around her wrist.

"prerna!" anurag yelled from the other side , as he holded some files in his hands. 

Flashback  

"Prerna ! where were you! Its too late now , you are never on time !"anurag complained seeing his watch ."sorry !" prerna , said gathering all the cuteness ."this won't work !" anurag said , looking on the other side , avoiding to melt away on her antics." Awwnuuu!!" prerna held anurag by his shoulder , as she cupped his face "Sorry?" she asked once again."Jwel !" anurag called her by his favourite name . " you can never let me be angry with you ..." "Never !!" prerna said. 
flashback ends.

"Prerna!!!!" anurag yelled for the fifth time , but this time standing just in front of her.
" huh!!...Yess ..." prerna answered completely startled.
he signaled towards his watch , a little bit upset .
"sorr..." prerna stopped in the middle as words became air. "I had some important work here. " she signaled.
" yah sure!" anurag nodded . what was I expecting ? he asked himself . 

" I liked your report today !" Dr. prakash patted prerna . His touch annoyed her , as she shifted uncomfortably . "thank you sir!" she mumbled . "hope you keep this up !" he said making his grip firmer on her shoulder. She nodded and left .

"arggghhh!!! Why didn't I push him!" prerna stomped her foot on the bin kept at the corridor side.

"It might hurt!" a known voice trailed from behind.
"it doesn't ! " prerna announced as anurag looked forward to see her disappearing figure.

thank you !!

Your reviews are precious!!

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

The perfect combination between past andpresent is perfect!!
Am looking forward to this SS!!
Eager to know what happens next
Cont soon

The Ride Home!

I like rain . Those falling drops are all alone , yet they need no body . there tinkling music against the window pane , made lonely feel home . Its dribbling. 

My shift has come to an end , but the hospital never seems to pull off for rest , new set of students ,patient and doctors keep on arriving , just like a beehive . This place has been a boon to my loneliness . Just like those raindrops , I feel surrounded too , even if there is no contact.

I was passing to place my lab coat back in my locker , before I rush to my car in the parking. I could hear a thunder stomp from the other end , just to realize it was prerna . her scent never changed, oceanic. I could hear her curse under her breathe as I see her lips moving in digust . before I could even ask her , if she was ok, she disappeares , as she moves rapidly towards the locker room , just like smoke from fire.

"You don't need to follow me !" prerna yells as she bangs on the locker .
Anurag simply walks past her , heading towards the other end , making her realize , that he too wanted to check his locker . she pressed her lips in embarrassment , as her eyes turned more innocent. She concentrates on his leaning figure , until her eyes give up for a blink . " I was'nt following you.." anurag subtly whisphered as he walked past her . 

Tears surged over Prerna's eyes as she packed her bag . Her back was aching and frustration was taking over her. She already was feeling jittery , of the long day work , and Dr. Prakash had added to her agony . Was this the only reason? She asked herself . She nodded looking in the mirror , as she splashed some water on her face , before heading out of the washroom.

" shit!!!!" prerna cursed , before throwing her already dead phone in her bag . " this is not fair! When I needed an uber , this phone gave up!!" she talked to herself , and blabbered some nonsense , as if somebody was really listening.

A jeep compass pulled over , as prerna questioned the sudden arrival.
" Can I help?" anurag asked . Prerna's almond eyes went nuts as she blurted an instant no.
" its raining !" he reasoned 
" If you really don't care , then take it as a formal favour from a collegue you would be working with for the next four months!" before anurag could even complete , prerna closed the door as she pulled for the seat belt . "villa 4 , ambrosia!" she said as she looked out , indifference pouring out of her voice. " You can be really thankless.." anurag mumbled and she heard , but still looked out .

Raindrops were bashing the car screen , as the wipers instantly wiped them off. The silence screamed through each corner , as you could just listen the sound of the rotating steering. 

Prerna sat , her head tilted in a linear angle with her back . she rested ,closing her eyes as her hair covered her face. Anurag could hear her breathing more than his own heart beat .

" prerna , are you fine ?" a question , which hung in the air for minutes before prerna opened her mouth. " I was angry , you know , Doctor Prakah can be really irritating at times !" she said as small pleasentness left her face , on getting to share her burden with someone. "yeah ! I shouldn't say this , but he is a total butthole!"anurag admitted as prerna gave out a chuckle . anurag smiled seeing her as she grinned wider , and then their was an instant realization . their faces hung low as they could feel, that small smile hurting their face. It wasn't the same anymore . Those jokes could not be laughed upon , as they had a sadistic pleasure tagged to them.

" Left" prerna instructed as anurag followed her . "You went all quiet..." anurag said , trying to look at her face .  Prerna turned her face , towards anurag , the first time in this journey . she looked deep in his orbes as if trying to recreate the silver linning of his face , she had stored deep down her heart . she looked into the finer details , as she could see he had grown older . Anurag moved his hands along her face as he tried to remove her locks behind her temples , as she closed her eyes for a moment ."STOP!" she said pausing both of them for a moment . A lone tear escaped from their eyes , as she announced " Villa 4 , ambrosia ...we are here , thank you !!" she said before breaking the ice formed between them . He nodded as he gulped harder on the reality crashed at their feet.

Thank you!!!

pls tell how you liked it!!

ANNIVERSARY?

Pushing the car door , I almost ran towards my house . I pulled the main gate with all my might and disappeared like a paranomal creature behind the door. I shut the door tight and took a deep breathe . PIN DROP SILENCE. I waited for his car engine to start again , I waited till he had driven far . And suddenly I exhaled back as I shriveled into a small ball , clutching my knees close to my heart. 

8 DECEMBER , read my phone , as I snoozed the alarm. A sudden memory hit my mind , and I was disgusted once again.

FLASHBACK

" happy anniversary anuraaaggg!!!" prerna screamed on the top of her lungs . Anurag , who had been sleeping rather peacefully till know , had almost toppled down the bed , and prerna's wide grin had diminished a little on an unexpected accident .

"Baby I know , you are happy but there is no need to topple down!" she said , making it a fact.

" Seriously ! " anurag faked a stern look , before changing it into a smirk . prerna playfully ran outside as anurag followed .

"prernaaa!!" anurag got hold of her as he tightly held her in his arms .

" this is cheating!!" prerna yelled.

"NO! its our anniversary!" anurag whisphered.

Flashback ends.

" it was our anniversary ..." prerna whisphered with a chocked throat.
she closed her eyes , as she could still feel the numbing pain , and clutched herself . "if he remembers it too..." was all she could think.
_____

"happy anniversary Prerna!" anurag talked to a photo frame kept just beside him. He stared at the ceiling for long moments , and let the wish sink in every corner of the room , maybe walls really had ears.

"Open up !" prerna banged the door of lab no.4 , which somebody had locked from outside involuntarily . it was just a mechanical lock , just their was a need to open up the restriction.

"hello!!!" prerna yelled once again , her voice getting hopeless .
"DAMN!" she cursed seeing her watch which stuck 2 in the afternoon. "Lunch time! All the workers would be out by this time...arggh!!" she grunted.

2:10
footsteps.yes creaky footsteps could be heard in the lonely corridor , which would have scared anyone , but for prerna they were a melody . 
"HELP!!!" she yelled once again, this time seeking the attention of the footsteps.

"PRERNA!" He yelled and she knew it was anurag.
"MR.BASU! I am locked here !" she called him, keeping in mind the formal address.
anurag frowned a little but proceeded to help his AQUANTAINCE.

he unlocked the door , and found prerna standing in a black coloured dress, her favourite. She had this nag of wearing simple indian ethnic wears and she looked beautiful in that.

"Are you ok?" he asked and she nodded.
"its good I found you here!" he said "We have got a case of eutopian pregnancy on the 4th floor , and one women ..." he proceeded and suddenly prerna interrupted "I think I forgot my papers in the lab ", she said and rushed back as he nodded in affirmation.

"AAAHHH..." anurag heard prerna scream , as he almost sprinted in that direction . As soon as he arrived their , he saw prerna clinging to a pillar ."WHAT???" he asked almost shouting ."LIZZARD!!" prerna yelled once again , as anurag slapped his forehead ."STILL PRERNA? I mean you are still scared of lizards?" 
"what do you mean ...obviously !"she stammered a little , and then they both heard a sound little more threatning. They could hear keys being rotated in the lock as the compounder whistled back his way through the corridor.

"NOO NOOO NOOO!!" they both screamed in unison , but it was too late.

"shit!!" anurag said .
"it's a bad word .." prerna voiced , like a 4 year old.
"seriously ! sometimes you behave really weird."anurag announced.
"give me the phone !" he demanded 
"if I had it then I would not have been here , in the first place !" prerna , cleared her throat with the obvious fact.
"DAMN!!" anurag cursed yet again , and prerna smiled on the concurrence.
"you are smiling !" he , said , frustrated with the situation.
" we will get out , 2 hours max." she said looking at her watch ."its lunch time , so nobody would come here any soon , except , our destiny plays some cards for us.."
"you already calculated the time?" anurag asked and prerna nodded " I told you , " she paused " I HAVE BEEN HERE , IN THE FIRST PLACE , YOU KNOW ..."

TO BE CONTINUED*wink*

thank you waiting for your review!!

NOTE 
Hey guys! thanks for whoever had reviewed my story.
further i will be posting the parts only if i get a good respense , or else i wont. hope you understand . So make some noise for the next update. your reviews are precious.😛

Opening up!

How it feels to get trapped with someone you hated , but once loved . It's a weird combination of feeling clouding your mind . You wish to talk , but suddenly something crashes , and words are left to diminish into vaccum . The first time I met anurag , I could see a boy , making people smile . But he himself had the the most beautiful grin I had seen . No doubt he was the most eligible bachelor , playing football sometimes or managing events at our medical college. Cadaver wont smell bad in his presence . But , I never saw it until , we got a rural posting together . The most beautiful days of my life . I used to hum through the hospital corridors , passing drugs and patient histories. I felt beautiful . I had been on call for staright 24 hours on days , but everything vanished seeing him. Maybe those hormones worked magic on my small brain!

Prerna smiled , looking back at her youthful self . No tears , no pain in the heart , everything felt so light. 

"prerna ...?.." anurag

waved his hand in front of her eyes.
prerna's lovely trance broke into fine pieces , as she stared at anurag for a long time . WASN'T HE THE SAME BOY? She asked her self . she shook her head in negative . If that was an answer to her or his question..., she wondered. She diverted her gaze back to the floor they sat on .

" I think we should move into the lab , its really cold here ..." prerna inferred .
" what if somebody came , and we didn't catch his footsteps ...whatever , you may leave ..." anurag said casually.
"NO!!" prerna yelled and anurag questioned.
"wo..hmm...i mean , I think I should sit with you here , its not that cold even ..." She stammered
" oh really ! tell me you are not scared of that lizard!" anurag gave out a chuckle.
" when did I say that!" prerna backfired.
" Oh pls prerna! For god's sake you have dissected more horrible things..." 
" I never liked them ..." prerna concluded.
"Nobody likes cadaver ..." Anurag paused a little .
"what happened? " prerna frowned .
"no , nothing , just a little bit of headache , actually I hadn't had breakfast today , morning duty you know .." he said.

Prerna felt a wave of displeasure hit her . she looked at anurag with her doe shaped eyes . "I am so sorry anurag ! " she blurted astonished for a minute. 
"no its ok..!" he said clutching his head.
MIGRAIN she remembered . anurag had a severe migraine , and that scared prerna a lot . he would lay unconscious sometimes.
"Anurag!! Is it paining ...?." She said coming closer .
"no ! no I am fine " he tried , but the deed had almost begun.
"wait ! I have some water ..." she went inside the lab.
Thankfully she even found some fruits in the adjoining sitting area . 

anurag's head was getting heavier . "prerna!" He called out , his voice getting slow.

"Drink it!" prerna forwarded the bottle clutched in her hands towards his lips. Anurag looked at her . he let her make him drink it. Those locks fell on her face as she said something making her lips turn shapes. Tears surged over his eyes , when he experienced the same proximity , he had the pleasure of experiencing years before.
a tear trickeled down his cheek as prerna wiped it . "You would be fine !" she whisphered with a small smile as he nodded. But he knew that there wasn't any cure to some diseases . You carry them till eternity , until , there is a real miracle.

as anurag rested his head on prerna's shoulder , all prerna could do was to hold herself tight. She could smell that scent once again . She looked at him , in regular intervals as his closed eyes , dripped innoscence. She clutched herself , as tears of agony surfaced her cornea . she moved a little which made anurag open his eyes a little. 

"you were crying..." anurag announced.
"who doesn't ..." prerna said , looking staright into infinity.
air hung between them for minutes.

" is everything alright?" anurag questioned once again , and  prerna couldn't keep shut anymore.

"NO , everything is not alright anurag..." she said looking straight into his orbes , as he too didn't blink his eyes. "everything is not alright ..."she repeated as more tears trickled down her eyes. " it has been a weak , we have been working together , and I am already drowned , I am remembering things , I had once shunned in a pit..." She clapsed her forehead as she shook her head, " why are you doing this to me?" she questioned .
"And you think , this closeness , doesn't affect me too . Am I not the one to have a sane memory , which comes crashing on me feet every single time I meet you? " he answered.

She looked at him for a long time , " I loved you..." She said in a whisper making it audible to his eardrums. He closed his eyes and let a tear fall down . "I loved you too.." he said and the past tense pricked like a nail.

Prerna got up immediately , as she tried to go away , but anurag held her hand."happy anniversary!" he said in a chocked voice , as prerna shook in a no . Immediately they saw a worker open the lab door . He has been opening up the lock , but they couldn't hear.

YOU REVIEWS ARE precious !!!

thank you!!!

Read it in one go and I'm loving the story. Hope u get good response. Don't want this beautiful story to get discontinue.

Knowing the past :part1

"hey! " a fine gentleman called prerna , wearing a white coat , adoring a stetho around his neck . who can it be? Prerna questioned a little, rheotorically. She knew it was her new partner in rural posting , Anurag Basu. "hmmm..." she hummed , a little less longer than what it takes to sing. "what hummm..." anurag aked playfully. "you came here asking for me ..." she said , rolling her eyes. The hospital was almost empty , courtesy , to an unknown reason . Afterall tonight their wont be a hectic shift , and this made both the doctors way too happy than their usual self.

Anurag Basu had always been the college heart throbe , in a different and subtle way, you know it was not always ONLY about good looks. He would have the best Viva and the best dissection . He would be always behind the great thing happening in the college. SAPIOSEXUALISM , you know , is a habbit for medicos. But prerna sharma was a different girl. She didn't look at him as if sneaking looks or crushing. She would do her work the way she wants to , she would talk to him when necessary , not like other girls who just want to get noticed , and this amused anurag. He would always shake his head with rolling eyes, whenever prerna was around. The best part is he could be himself. He could crack a bad joke and could fool around in a humpy posture and she won't judge. 

coming back to the present , he looked down at what she was doing . Prerna lazily shifted in her chair, her specs resting on her nose bridge , as she turned pages of a file. "If you had to say something ..." prerna paused "then say it!" she ordered

"umm, who, umm, I mean , I came here..." anurag stammered .
"I could see that ..." She said . making him more nervous.
"HUH?" he asked confused , until prerna burst out into jitters of laughter."Anurag ... "she pressed on his name , and he liked it" what is the matter?" she asked , this time with a wide grin.
"The hospital is almost empty , you know..." he came closer with a coy grin .."so..." he paused as he noticed a her eyes squint as she shifted uncomfortably in her chair."So...?" prerna asked again , this time stammering." So , I thought , lets go out...!!!" He said with an excitement of a five year old.Prerna released her baited breathe as she shook her head in a NO. "impossible!" she announced.

"Why?" he asked utterly confused.
"Do you have any idea what you are talking about ? this is a hospital ..." she paused, as anurag almost removed her belongings from the table.
"ANURAG!!!" she shouted loud , irrespective of his eardrums.
"YES PRERNA!!!" he yelled equally loud . he pulled her out  from the  chair , her bunned hair going loose of the unwanted activity. She pulled her specs apart, and moved holding his hand.

"this is sheer nonsense..." she blabbered unstoppably , until anurag pushed her aside , into the wall ,covering her mouth with his hand. 
"Do you have any idea about how much you speak , huh!" he told frustrated. 
Her eyes went nuts sensing there proximity. Her pupils dilated , as she wanted some saliva to gulp even harder. Her eyes scanned his moving lips , as she could notice the fine line of his jaw . She found herself melting , until she nodded a yes to his blabbering. Finally she gave inn. She could remember following his lead , until they reached a nearby cafeteria. 

" Coffee?" he asked the owner of the caf , as he nodded in a yes. "Two!" he signaled .
" I never knew this place existed , so near..." prerna , said looking around.
"And , the best part is , they have two types of coffees , which look exactly the same..." He cracked a mild joke as prerna nodded.
" So , is this a date?" she questioned , either him or herself.
anurag wanted to say a yes , but still he shoved that question apart.

sipping coffee, both of them fit comfortably in each others presence.
" thank you!" prerna mouthed 
"I told you.." anurag smirked , on this prerna remembered "But that is no way to force somebody walk out of work..." "Oh really !" anurag rolled his eyes, till he got a serious stern look from prerna. He coughed a little , and asked for the bill. " those glares would kill me someday..." He muttered. 

They walked lazily , as the sunset behind them .
"PRERNA..." Anurag said softly . His eyes were searching for an answer for days now. He felt so happy with prerna. He could sing and dance in her presence. He could hold her hand, and still know that he did it right. HOW? What has she done to him?
Prerna turned around , with the widest smile as she had all the assurance waiting for him...She gestured him in a what? Anurag looked around and shook his head in a no, before walking close to something , that people call love. 

He looked at her again before entering the hospital, as she stared deep into his orbes . as soon as he curved his lips to say something...
"DOCTOR!!!" the nurse shouted , breaking their revere. 

THANK YOU!!!!

WAITING TO HEAR YOUR PRECIOUS REVIEWS!

Edited by nancy56 - 5 years ago