KarnSangini

Amita Khopkar out, Narayani Shastri to play Karn's mother

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
After replacing their Lord Krishna twice, the makers of the mythological show 'KarnSangini' are all set to introduce another change in the cast. Narayani Shastri, who was last seen on 'Rishton Ka Chakravyuh', has been roped in to replace Amita Khopkar to play Karn's mother Radha on the show.

Informs a source associated with the show, "The production house is reworking the story to bounce back and also to enhance the drama. We are replacing Karn's mother, as she will have a stronger role to play in the storyline now. We wanted someone who could pull off the character with grey shades as Amita has a soft face.
Narayani confirms, "Yes, I am joining the cast as Radha. Everything happened in a rush and all I know is that I am playing this part. The reason for the replacement is something for the production house to comment on.

Talking about her character, she says, "There are no reference points for the character, so I will have to put in my logic as an artiste. The kind of person Karn was and his values say a lot about her. She is docile and doting yet strong. All she has, along with her family, is self-respect and integrity, and everything changes if that is challenged. The character is neither negative nor positive. It's somewhere in-between and I like playing grey characters.

Amita says, "Yes, it's true that I am no longer a part of the show. However, I wasn't kept in the dark about it. Both Shashi and Sumeet Mittal informed me well in advance about the replacement. I share a great equation with them. They have no problem with my performance, but they realised that I have a very soft face to play a grey character, something that's not in my control. I don't have an issue with the development, as it's for the betterment of the show and it's part and parcel of this profession.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Indomitable thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
OMG another negative character, it already has lot of grey characters & one more has joined the bandwagon..😭
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Radha ma is grey😲, are they going for SaaS bahu drama😕
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
 ðŸ˜² ðŸ˜² ðŸ˜² ðŸ˜² ðŸ˜² ðŸ˜²
adithyan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Welcome Narayani...

But what is the need to turn Radha grey ?

If they are showing Radha grey how are they going to show Vrishali ? As the main antagonist ? Grrr
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
It's a fiction show, hence a good scope for experimenting to get ratings. ðŸ˜†
adithyan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: mnx12

It's a fiction show, hence a good scope for experimenting to get ratings.  😆

They should get ratings😆
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
This content was originally posted by: adithyan

They should get ratings😆

There is no harm in trying 😆

Lee_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
What are they trying to do by turning Radha grey?
Saas bahu drama or what
Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Radhama grey😲 
Next they'll show plotting, scheming, affairs, kitchen politics for ratings😲
The only mad hope I'll have is ShubhShakuni  happening