nozzy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Few days back my mother came across a web series 'Kehne ko toh hamsafar hai', and we finished watching it yesterday. What a beautiful way of portraying EMA. If you guys have not seen it watch it. All the three leads and the family have such genuine reactions. The series is about EMA and how it effects the people around you. And it is so gracefully handled that you will not be able to hate anyone. Yes you will know that what they did was wrong but you will somewhat understand their point of view as well. You will not support them, but you will not oppose them either. 
I just wish the writers of silsila would had handled the story in a dignified way too. 
EMA is such a common yet taboo thing in our society. So the stories on EMA should always show how EMA not only effects the people involved but also the people around them. So that people at least realize that it's not progressive and cool or OK to cheat on your partner. 

PS - I don't know about you guys, but I really thought the story would be some good after leap but still disappointed Yaar. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6
Ekta is expert in handling such mature subject...that show belongs to Ekta...
SK_Love thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
even in bepanah yash and puja's EMA,somehow i understand their point of views..but kunal and nandini i never understand them..
I saw that series I did not hate the ML as much I hate K but still I felt angry on him. I am satisfied that even in the second Marriage both of the partners lack something the man never got over his family neither the other woman got full acceptance this is reality
Bepanha the leads were not doing EMA and Pooja and Yash was worse charecters they signed divorce papar without even informing their spouse both are beyond any limits I hate them
Equally
Now mods will come and close this comparison nowadays she is not getting enough posts to close since death of divine lady
Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
To be honest, I really wish that Silsila could actually develop as they had shown in the first promo.

As a girl myself, I strongly hate the word Mistress/Other woman. But EMA do happen & may be sometimes there are unavoidable situations where you cannot support the people involved but at the same time cannot hate them.

I have followed Silsila strictly through WU & this Forum. The last Indian series I had watched - I became so emotionally involved that when they made a complete crap out of it, it literally took me a while to come out of the shock. So I decided I'll only watch another series if only it doesn't become a crap till its end.

A couple of days ago, I had some free time & thought to watch a few episodes on Voot, specially the initial episodes. And boy oh boy!!! I was amazed at the performance of each actor. And it only increased my curiosity & watched a couple more.

I think Mauli is the only Indian FL who has quite literally justified a dialogue from Grey's Anatomy where once Meredith had told Christina that 'Derek may be my one true love but you are my soulmate.' This girl I feel have practically loved Nandini like no one else. Even when the truth came out, I was in awe with Aditi's performance in one episode where she had shouted at Kunal saying she went to Nandini for reason unknown to herself. She could either cry hugging her best friend or curse her for ruining her marriage but she needed Nandini. Now only I can fully understand why did she break down knowing Nandini is no more.

And while we cannot think of anything good about Nandini at this point, when I saw the initial episodes, I genuinely felt she loved Mauli. She was week, idiotic but she loved her.

Considering the performance of both Aditi & Drashti, they would have rocked if only the writer could show the dilemma of Nandini - where she couldn't stop herself from getting drawn towards Kunal but at the same time fought hard with her instinct to protect Mauli.

But unfortunately the writer chose Divine Love & we are still banging our head on the wall seeing Kunal's attitude.

Since it has been shifted to Digital Platform, I really wish at least now they give it a proper ending.
Rinnks thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I hv watched kehne ko humsafar hai n sooo loved it.. It's like u can't take sides. All characters are properly explored. U understand everyone's POV.

I had hoped Silsila wud go maturely but damn it was beyond teenage love stories! My teenage daughter too couldn't resonate!

Edited by Ruhi122 - 5 years ago
Nush_Rat thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ruhi122

U hv watched kehne ko humsafar hai n sooo loved it.. It's like u can't take sides. All characters are properly explored. U understand everyone's POV.

I had hoped Silsila wud go maturely but damn it was beyond teenage love stories! My teenage daughter too couldn't resonate!

@BOLD 🤣 🤣 🤣

I don't think anyone in his/her right mind could ever resonate with the way KunDini's story has been shaped.

I wanted to watch the Divine Rain-dance 😛 & honestly, even I felt turned on seeing Nandini lying in her semi-transparent saree. 😳 Anyone would have. But making it the reason for a man to fall out of love was the worst reason they could come up with. 😡 😡 😡 And after that, I lost my courage to watch why did Nandini fell for him & directly watched the confrontation episode. Aditi was so damn brilliant. 👏
nozzy thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ruhi122

U hv watched kehne ko humsafar hai n sooo loved it.. It's like u can't take sides. All characters are properly explored. U understand everyone's POV.

Seriously, kehne ko hamsafar hai really did not leave any loopholes. There is a scene when the daughter of the male lead goes to the other woman's house just to see who the lady is. There is a dialogue where she says I shouldn't have come here. Al least then I would have thought you as a s**t who ruins peoples life, but now after I've met you, even though I don't support you, I understand that you are just a woman in love with a man. And I hate it that it's my father, and I'll always hate you for that, but I understand. 

That's the level of maturity one needs when handling a subject like EMA. 
With silsila, you can't connect with any character. Even, after leap mauli. One day she is the mauli we love, next day she becomes this crying mess we can't relate to. And let's just not talk about kunal and give ourselves headache trying to analyze his thought process. 
Nush_Rat thumbnail
Originally posted by: nozzy

Seriously, kehne ko hamsafar hai really did not leave any loopholes. There is a scene when the daughter of the male lead goes to the other woman's house just to see who the lady is. There is a dialogue where she says I shouldn't have come here. Al least then I would have thought you as a s**t who ruins peoples life, but now after I've met you, even though I don't support you, I understand that you are just a woman in love with a man. And I hate it that it's my father, and I'll always hate you for that, but I understand. 

That's the level of maturity one needs when handling a subject like EMA. 
With silsila, you can't connect with any character. Even, after leap mauli. One day she is the mauli we love, next day she becomes this crying mess we can't relate to. And let's just not talk about kunal and give ourselves headache trying to analyze his thought process. 

@BOLD Now that's called handling. 👏 👏 👏

About connection, I still find Mauli to be normal. We are rational & we try to take the right decision keeping a lot of things in mind. But at the end of the day, you can't really control your heart.

She has her plate full right now & the type of impulsive decisions she is taking right now - only makes her human.
She meets her ex, his daughter who is a replica of her cheating BFF & the next morning she learns Nandini is no more - the fact that she hasn't have a massive nervous breakdown by now & still is giving back to Kunal is commendable. 👏 👏 👏

Long ago read a novel KACHER MANUSH by Suchitra Bhattacharya. There was a dialogue that you can't love someone who is dead. You can remember him. Cry or laugh over his memory but you can't really LOVE him. To love someone he has to be alive.

Nandini's death has hit her hard. Now she is not able to hate her & all her penned up anger & hatred has to go somewhere else. So she will certainly be a mess for a brief period of time.
Edited by nushy1995 - 5 years ago
nozzy thumbnail

@nushy1995
You might be right about mauli, but to jump into a relationship just because you want to show your ex husband that he doesn't effects you, is a tad bit silly. But well people do crazy things when they don't think straight. 
Have not read KACHER MANUSH but I've read Kancher Deowal by Suchitra Bhattacharya. It seems all her stories have a strong female character, and she was a beautiful writer. 
Edited by nozzy - 5 years ago