TaaRey Fanfiction // Fix You

Posted: 5 years ago
Authors Note

Some of you TaaRey fans may remember me as .Shanaya. 
I would like to present to you, a rewritten and revised version of my old story Fix You. 

When I decided to come back to write and continue the stories i had left behind, i had read back the old version and It me cringe as a reader. Some of the events and story lines of the story had no sense or had any flow. Having said that, a lot of the readers still showered me with love and support back then and i'm hoping they would continue to do so in the upcoming future as well. 

So thank you. For the past and in advance for reading this story. You make me happy. 

This story includes themes such as abuse and self harm that may be triggering and disturbing to some. 

PS: Add this account for PMs!

Love, 
Shanaya. 

❤️
Edited by sshanaya - 5 years ago

Index

Soundtrack: Below

Trailer: Below

Chapter One; The Pain Behind The Mask : Below

Chapter Two; Giving Them What They Want : Below

Soundtrack

Warrior

Give Them What They Want

Trailer

She was broken, shattered beyond repair.

Shows Taani sitting in the corner of a dark room all alone

Had only two things could rely on,

Shows her walking away from a crowd

Pain

Shows Taani with a blade in her hand

And her dance

Shows her leaping in the air

She wanted a life beyond her pain, her addiction

Shows Taani putting her bags in a car

He came into her life, uninvited and unannounced

Shows Rey and Taani facing each other while he smiles widely at her

Promising to fix her

Shows both of them dancing together.

But in the path to fix her

Shows Taani crying

Will she become more broken?

"How could you do this? I hate you"

Kunwar Amarjeet Singh as Reyaansh (Rey) Singhaniya

"Let me fix you"

Vrinda Dawda as Taani Shekawat

"Appearances can be deceiving"

Shantanu Maheswari as Swayam Shekawat

"You'll be fine"

Vrushika Mehta as Sharon Rai Prakash

"We're all gonna be fine"

Krissann Barretto as Samaira Singh

"Welcome to hell, darling.

Other Characters

Macedon D'mello as Nilesh (Nil) Kotian

Samentha Fernandes as Simran (Simmi) Malhotra

Pratik (Archie) Kalsi as Vikramjeet (Vicky) Kalsi

Alisha Singh as Neha Gupta

Bharat Raghathi as Bharat Raghathi

Sneha Gupta as Aashi Kapoor

Amar Gowda as Amar Gowda

Priyanka Soni as Rini Shah

The Pain Behind The Mask.

There's a part of me I can't get back
A little girl grew up too fast
All it took was once, I'll never be the same

"Warrior By Demi Lovato

Taani Shekawat looked down at the long red lines along her arm, as blood trickled down, hitting the cold bathroom floor beneath her. She could feel the rush, even though it wasn't as powerful as she wanted, she could still feel it. She wanted to feel it again. Picking up the small piece of glass from where she had shattered the mirror from above the sink, she put it to her arm. She watched as blood began to drain to her arm slowly, gliding down in slow motion. The high was back. It was back in full force and stronger than ever before. She loved this feeling. It was intoxicating and made her forget how cruel this world actually was on the other side of the door. To drown out the whisky laced angry screams of her father and the distraught screams of her spineless mother. The feeling was amazing. This was her happy, bright place. A place unlike the hell she lived in everyday. A place where she wasn't beaten half to death by her father while her mother stood by too scared to say anything.

Her head spinning so much from the high, that she could no longer remember where she was. There was brightness in her mind before everything went black.

Taani awoke with a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach. It felt empty, like as if she hadn't eaten for months. Her head ached with a sharp pain that bolted her eyes shut. Looking around she saw cream wall and a small TV in the corner of the room. She tried to sit up but couldn't. The muscles in her body ached too much to even move. She felt helpless. 

Six months later

Taani grunted while she hoisted the last bag on to the back of her uncle's car. Looking at the "house" she grew up in, she sighed. Any other girl would feel sad, would cry buckets of tears if she was leaving home.

But the miserable fact was, Taani wasn't just another girl. She was glad to be leaving the beat up, 2-bedroom apartment situated in the poor area of Shimla. She was glad to be leaving behind the angry screams of her wretched father, and the helpless cries of her pathetic mother.

Now, her parents were in rehab. While her father was taking treatment for alcoholism, and depression while her mother was also taking cure for her depression.

Taani liked to believe that her family wasn't always like this. No. In fact they were an extremely happy family before her father went and lost his company, because for once he wanted to be better than his elder brother. Then, they had to leave their well to do house behind to come in live in this hell hole. Her father, Arnab Shekawat had become angry at his brother, Rishi when he had offered his money to help the former. The relationship between the two brothers turned bitter and weak. Her father started to shun everyone out and started relaying on the old man's pain reliever, or in other words, alcohol. He started to become angry and snappy. And in his anger, he would raise his hand on his wife and their daughter.

Things would go on like this with her father hitting her and her mother, Aparna. Every time he would hit them, he would come and apologize to them saying that it was by mistake. And her stupid, idiotic, spineless and blind in love mother would believe him, until she ended up in the bathroom covering her bruises with eye makeup and concealer, the next morning once again.

Taani snapped out of her thoughts as she heard her uncle calling out her name. Turning around, she faced her uncle as he tried to lift the last of her suitcases into the jeep. Today, Taani was moving to Mumbai to study in Saint Louis Collage a school special for performing arts students, with her cousin Swayam to study and excel in her long-lost passion, dance.

"You ready?" Rishi asked his niece, his voice soft and caring. That was another thing about Rishi. He cared for his niece. Sometimes, Taani couldn't even believe that Arnab and Rishi were related. That too by blood. Rishi was had caring, loving and a sweet smile and eyes while her father's eyes were always angry, pained and reckless.

Hell, she couldn't even remember the last time he had smiled.

Climbing in on her uncle's car, she got lost in her thoughts again after she slightly smiled at her uncle. If it hadn't been for him and his son; her cousin brother, Swayam, she didn't know what would have happened to her. But, one thing was for sure. If it weren't for them Taani probably wouldn't be alive and breathing right now.

Her memories flew six months back when she had last cut herself. After she had blacked out, Swayam had found a bleeding Taani on the floor, laying lifelessly. She had been taken to the hospital by her uncle and cousin and they had given 

her the treatment she needed. They had taken her in and done everything in their power to help her and her parents. They had been the ones to admit Arnab and Aparna, while simultaneously making sure Taani was recovering and not doing anything reckless to herself.

But, thinking back, Taani knew there were moments where she wanted to be dead. Like right now for instance. If it weren't for her, her uncle wouldn't have to be so worried about everything especially her, even going to the extent of sending her to live with his son, so that she would have someone to take care of her and make sure she stayed alive. She felt guilty for what she had brought into the lives of her uncle and brother. The chaos. The unsettlement. The uncertainty.

She was brought back to earth from her disastrous thoughts when Rishi shook her and told her they had arrived to the station.  After a long journey of the train and car ride she finally reached her brother's home where he lived alone. Since, Rishi travelled all the time it made sense. Looking at the nice-looking building, she thought. How was she ever going to repay what they were doing for her?

Following the lead of her uncle, Taani made her way inside the building. There, near the beautiful water fountain at the entrance, stood one of her biggest support pillars, her brother, Swayam.

Unable to control her feelings she went running into his open arms, and she instantly burst into tears. She was broken. Her so called parents had broken her. They had taken everything from her and kept taking until there was nothing left for her. She was all alone. Because of them she couldn't trust anyone now. Because of them she had become a soul less, emotion less girl from a happy go lucky one. She had become a closed box, a girl who masked her emotions so well behind her pain that no one could see through. Because of them she had become a cutter.

And for that, she would never ever forgive them. 

Giving Them Everything They Want.

Your world, they're all invited guests.

Feel out how to play them

And remember this-

You're giving them what they want,

-       "Give Them What They Want By The Dirty Rotten Scoundrels' Soundtrack

Reyaansh Singhaniya had a good life. He had the perfect family, the most amazing friends; he was on the road of pursuing his dreams of being a dancer. But in all this one thing was always missing. He had everything but that one thing was missing.

True love.

Sure, he had had his share of girl friends and girls were absolutely crazy over the hot hunk, but none of those appealed to Rey. All those were all the same micro mini wearing; I'm so hot look at me kind of girls. He didn't want a girl that would throw herself at him at every given point. He wanted a girl he could love, not lust over.

He fluffed his hair one last time before stepping out of his car. The power and the money that he exuded helped his charm. He was the perfect example of the phrase "dream boat. He had the money, the looks and the talent. He had everything.

Waving back at the girls that were busy undressing him with their eyes, he quickly made his way inside. You gotta give them what they want, right?

Rushing towards the rehearsal hall smiling and waving at anyone who asked for his attention, he bumped into someone. Looking up he saw one of his ex-girlfriends, Samaira looking at him as if she would've liked to eat him up raw.

"Hey, handsome" she greeted her voice trying to sound seductive. But to Rey, it sounded like cats crying. "How were your holidays? 6 months break, you must have done a lot of things right? Had a lot of fun?

"Hey, Samaira. It's nice seeing you. But I have to go. I'm late for a meeting in the rehearsal hall. Don't want to late on the first day, you get me? Rey tried brushing her away. He quickly ran off, not wanting to be left alone with her.

Samaira Singh was what people would aptly call class a bitch'.

She was a rich, spoilt brat that Rey had just recently dated. She was one of those girls that always got what they wanted. And Samaira now wanted Rey. And Samaira always got what she wanted. Being, Rey's latest fling she knew she had a huge amount of chance of getting back together with him.

And, anyways, the queen bee and one of the hottest guys in school belonged together right?

Rey, on the other hand, didn't feel that way about Samaira. Sure, she was one of the most popular, one of the best actresses that were enrolled in the school. Sure, she was beautiful, but for him, she wasn't THE ONE.

Plus, her personality sucked.

Bursting through the doors of the rehearsal hall he saw all of his friends there, except for his best friend Swayam.

The first day of holidays they got due to renovation and midterms, Swayam had left to meet his uncle, aunt and cousin in Shimla. For the first couple of days Swayam stayed in touch with the gang and his friends but after that he kind of disappeared from the face of the earth save for a few texts and calls. Whenever asked the reason as to why he was so busy and what he was doing, he would always be evasive or give an excuse about wanting to spend more time with his sister. The trip that he took was originally of 2 months which later on got extended to the period of the whole break i.e. 6 months. Swayam had comeback a couple of days ago to get ready for school and also oversee arrangements regarding his house as his sister was now going to move to Mumbai with him. They had seen their friend only once since he came back and even then, and he had looked tired and hollow. He looked sad and troubled throughout the evening but had brushed it off as exhaustion due to travelling. Nobody asked further questions, as they knew he would not answer.  

"Hey guys! Rey greeted happily walking into their rehearsal hall.

"Rey! the gang screamed, everyone echoing some sort of greeting.

"Where is Swayam? Is he late?  he asked, exchanging a hug with Vicky. Everyone shook their heads in affirmation and looked towards their friend Sharon, their faces a picture of unease and nervousness. Rey followed their gaze with his own and saw their normally hyper and smiling diva, Sharon sitting on one of the cubes kept around the hall, a look of utter unhappiness and disturbance painted on her face. Rey felt his heart give a painful tug. He knew the reason why his best friend was so upset. It was because her boyfriend of almost a year was way too busy for her now. It was because whatever was going on with him, which she knew nothing about.

Sighing, Rey made hi way towards her giving a tiny nod of assurance to the rest of his friends. He sat behind her on the cube, and put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Sharon?

She looked up at him, her eyes portraying clear confusion. "You are thinking about Swayam, aren't you? he asked her.

Sharon looked away from him once and sighed. "I don't know what is going on with him! she explained, exasperation clear her words. "He has never acted like this before!

"Something must have happened right? He will tell us when he is ready, Rey comforted, putting an arm around her

Sharon let out another sigh "I know

"Relax, Rey said "Whatever is happening, if anything is wrong, we will all deal with it, together

That earned him a small smile from his friend along with a tiny nod. "I know Sharon repeated.

The rest of the gang smiled as well, as they watched the two friends. Rey was the greatest friend ever. He was a wonderful person, who always spread happiness where ever he went and they were so lucky to have him.

Vicky and Nilesh exchanged naughty glances with each other, a small grin painted on their face.

Uh oh! This can't be good, was the common thought running through the heads of the rest of the gang who noticed this little exchange between the boys.

"You know Sharon, I didn't want to say this but we all know why Swayam is behaving like this, Nilesh started his voice grave but a teasing twinkle in his eyes, grabbing Sharon's attention.

At the questioning gaze the diva was directing towards them Vicky answered. "The reason is quite obvious of course, he joined Nilesh nodding seriously. "Maybe Swayam finally realized what a huge mistake he has made getting in a relationship with a bandit queen like you!

The comment was met with an indignant yell from Sharon who immediately threw herself at the two boys, fists out while the boys laughed loudly.

Rey smacked his forehead as the fight ensured between the all the boys and the girls who rushed to support their respective genders.

He really did have the best of friends. He thought a fond smile on his face.

Since, everyone was so busy arguing and Rey was too busy face palming himself they didn't notice the VP step into the hall.

"KIDS!" The VP yelled in the top of his voice making everyone freeze and stop talking. Almost instantly, every one straightened.

"Much better." Aneez, said his voice becoming more controlled and sounding more like a vice principle.

"Guys, as you are the main dancing team of Saint Louis, I have to tell you that you need to find the twelfth dancer for your team. And for this you need to hold auditions. And one more thing, there is a new student coming today, and she will be joining the dance course. So, she will be studying along side of you. You might know her. She is your teammate Swayam's sister after all Aneez explained to his students. "Vicky, Nilesh, Amar, Bharat, Rey keep your pranks to a minimum. No shenanigans!

Instantaneously a look of innocence sparked the boy's faces. "Don't give me that face. I know what you guys can do." After all, he had personal experience of the pranks that these boys could play. "And Sharon, Simmi, Rinni, Neha and Aashi I expect you to make her feel at home here. She's new in Mumbai and you guys need to be her friends as she doesn't know anyone here except of course Swayam" and then he sighed. No one moved as if they were waiting for him to continue. "That's it!" he said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Sir, Sharon called in a voice smaller than her usual "When will Swayam... and his sister come?

"I'm sorry I don't really know. Aneez replied his voice quite flippant. "They should be arriving right about now With that his phone rang before he could answer any more of their questions. Excusing himself, the vice principal walked out, not noticing the gloom that spread over Sharon's face once again at his answer.

Rey looked at Sharon. He didn't know what was going on in his friend's life. But whatever that it was, Swayam needed to figure it out and come clean to the rest of his friends.

And this new girl. His sister. Rey hated to say this and be this judgmental but whoever she was, at that very moment, he didn't like her very much. She was the reason their friend and teammate was now so distant with them. It was selfish and wrong to feel so, but it is how it is.

Little did he know; this one girl was going to change his life forever.

This part went through hard core editing. The story after this mostly gonna be majorly changed. Sorry, for the readers who came back looking for the old story but i think i like this version better haha. 😊

Hi I have almost forgot this story...sorry
Continue soon
Would love to read it again
Happy that tarey ff are coming back😊
happy to know that taarey are back
miss u taarey nd ur stories
mene ye story padi h
apne vo story adhuri 6odi h