Is being so vulnerable after many years usual?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 5 years ago
One can obviously never forgive nor forget the people who betrayed and humliated you,the hurt will always be there but mauli is still so vulnerable and shaken at the mere mention or memories of kunal nandini too(and of course her condition was worse when she actually saw him).She handles herself well in front of him but to the viewers the turmoil inside her is clear.She must have busied herself in work and raising mishti all these years so may be people around her think she has moved on significantly but has she really?She is still hurt which is understandable but if something like this happened to anyone around me and I would see them so vulnerable after 6 years I would advise them to seek therapy if they would be unwilling to share their feelings with their loved ones.
I think it's usual.

Yes, here we are completely relying on the writer's mercy as we don't know if they'll show Mauli choosing Kunal over Ishaan.

But when you love someone with all your heart & that person breaks your heart into million pieces, it's not something you can overcome completely.

On the last day of my 12th's class a teacher of mine had said - life doesn't stop & people move on. But everyone has his/her place & no one can take that place.
It's very much possible that Mauli would love Ishaan even more than Kunal someday. But the betrayal & the question - what had gone wrong? will always stay with her. A part of her will always be vulnerable. She will compose herself but she will also be affected. And I am saying this based on my personal experience. Someone very close to me, got separated from me & it's been almost 12 years. Still the mention of that person affects me. And she was my closest friend.
The relationship of a husband & wife is far more intense & complicated. I think it's natural reaction from Mauli. But I do agree on one thing - talking with someone else - really helps.
I think problem with Mauli is- Even after 6 years, she doesnt know what went wrong with her marriage?
Normally, divorces don't happen out of blue, without any reason people don't walk out of marriage just for time pass. She has no idea why did kunal cheat on her? If someone says that he was never in love with her, then question arise what was he doing with her for 7 long years? If not love, there should be a 'name' for those 7 years? Not like she was forced on him, or his mom selected and forcefully got him married... it was a love marriage after dating for 4 long years. If there was no love at all from his side, what kind of marriage it was? Obviously it was not arranged. Woh sab kuchh tha kya is bothering her more. 
They have been extremely unfair to mauli and biased to kundini couple . In what way is kunal repenting ? Or he thinks he did nothing wrong . Mauli was shattered when kunal left her on karvachauth . His presence affects her but its not clear in what way !does she hate him ? Is she angry ? Upset? Confused ? Scared ? He might try to gain sympathy with nandinis death and mishti is his daughter , this truth might change everything...i expected a more mature reaction from her rather than putting up a fake love scene in front of kunal. If her feelings for ishan were real, i would have loved it. But she is clearly saying yes to the marriage to either keep mishti away from kunal or escape from him ...as usual the feelings and emotions are not coming naturally but one acting as a trigger n other acting impulsive. 
Originally posted by White..Magic

I think problem with Mauli is- Even after 6 years, she doesnt know what went wrong with her marriage?
Normally, divorces don't happen out of blue, without any reason people don't walk out of marriage just for time pass. She has no idea why did kunal cheat on her? If someone says that he was never in love with her, then question arise what was he doing with her for 7 long years? If not love, there should be a 'name' for those 7 years? Not like she was forced on him, or his mom selected and forcefully got him married... it was a love marriage after dating for 4 long years. If there was no love at all from his side, what kind of marriage it was? Obviously it was not arranged. Woh sab kuchh tha kya is bothering her more. 

Whether she moves on with ishan or not doesnt bother me but her recation to kunal yesterday was scary. She acted so stupid in the restaurant , trying to show kunal that they are a happy family . Why isnt this the reality ? She is stuck with kunals memories but nobody can take away mishtis rights from her and she is still in a position to take all decisions of her life ...they are divorced ...then why this insecurity and fear ? Or she thinks she will be drawn to kunal again? Kunal has zero regret ..why is she stuck with him..if she has trust issues with ishan its understandable ..that still doesnt explain her reaction in the restaurant and her decision to marry.
Originally posted by Saazhumsafars

One can obviously never forgive nor forget the people who betrayed and humliated you,the hurt will always be there but mauli is still so vulnerable and shaken at the mere mention or memories of kunal nandini too(and of course her condition was worse when she actually saw him).She handles herself well in front of him but to the viewers the turmoil inside her is clear.She must have busied herself in work and raising mishti all these years so may be people around her think she has moved on significantly but has she really?She is still hurt which is understandable but if something like this happened to anyone around me and I would see them so vulnerable after 6 years I would advise them to seek therapy if they would be unwilling to share their feelings with their loved ones.

I  think it's quite unusual for her to still be so affected by him and definitely abnormal to still be in love with him. I guess deep down she can love the memories they had prior to the affair.
I know at least 2 real life examples where the person who was cheated on, moved on and is very happy. They do not think of the person who cheated them; one of them have children involved. 
I think the other thing too is that in real life at least one of them, because of shared custody, saw the ex and she saw his life was not all roses. I think that's the disadvantage here; the ema and the aftermath is still presented as divine. 
I can understand if he triggers some uncomfortable feelings; this is natural since he made an unexpected appearance. But to still be in love with him😕 I don't think human beings can continue to truly love another person who has utterly destroyed their lives. There must be some self-preservation mechanism that kicks in. Does he hate him? Is she angry? In love? seriously, I don't think these writers have done any true research of the topic.
Mauli needs to get therapy; Kunal may not have beaten her but his actions and words (at least in the end) were abusive. To still have lingering feelings for that man is not mentally healthy.

And I have been really wondering about the state of deep, true, romantic love. Doesn't it have to be returned? Even if Mauli thought she was so in love with Kunal, how true could it have been especially if a part of him always held back (we know this because of side chick is supposedly his true love.) I would think once she meets someone who returns her feelings with the same intensity then maybe she could understand that Kunnu was not her true love? I don't know. I just hate how her character is developing. I truly expected something else.
Edited by kiransgirl - 5 years ago
Its not about him. Its about her.

He is a reminder of her failure as a wife.. as a woman.

He is a reminder of why her self esteem feels low.

He is a reminder that she is not that beautiful.

He is a reminder of that fact that she can fail again.