Struggle : An AnuPre TS ( Completed: Part 3 Pg5)

Posted: 1 years ago
Prologue 

Prerna sat at the reception of Basu Publications, the mammoth giant of newspaper and journal sector in Kolkata.
She sipped onto her favourite Cappuccino and read the headlines of the day. Neither the huge opportunity nor the palatial building - nothing could intimidate or excite her enough to break her routine of having a morning coffee and skimming through news.
Oblivious to the hyped scenario around her, she turned the crisp page, sometimes either shaking her head or smiling in ease.

"Prerna Sharma", called out the Secretary.

She folded the paper, kept it on the sidetable and lifted up her folder of documents.
She walked up and straight into the conference room. Her face was smooth as ever, denying the possibility of constrictions of anxiety or fear.

The room was huge and silent. Her footsteps echoed slightly through the neatly carpeted floor and walls.
She sat at one end of the table and handed over her resume to the Secretary who passed it on to the panel of interviewers.

As they scanned her profile, she scanned through the gentlemen seated in front of her.
One of them was clearly Moloy Basu, the Chairman of the House and beside him seemed Anurag Basu, the young gentleman and the current Chief Executive Officer of the company. She had seen their photos innumerable times in magazines, journals and also on TV. The third man on the panel was undoubtedly Mr. Rajesh Sharma - the CFO of Basu Publications and also her father.

"An MBA eh?", Anurag said casually, scratching his chin.
She nodded in affirmation.

"Why our company and not the million others in the market?", he asked.
His eyes narrowed down on her. His favourite way of troubling the nervous freshers. They would involuntarily go on about the greatness of their company and he would feel pleased, only to retort with the company's shortcomings at multiple levels, leaving them perplexed.

"I've worked with 3 publication houses till now and all of them  couldn't give me the job satisfaction I wanted. None had the will or power to capture reality. So I hope that your company gives me my share of satisfaction and in turn your share of success".

Anurag was visibly dumbfounded. Her sense of pride irked him and made him uncomfortable. He disapproved of people who didn't feel intimidated by his presence.

Moloy smiled pleasingly and looked at Rajesh.

"You're hired", announced Moloy.

Anurag tossed the paperweight in front of him to convey his displeasure.

He looked away as she smiled and took her leave. 

Big smile
Hope you guys liked it. Would continue soon and finish it this week itself.
Edited by Mishti_Dahi - 1 years ago
Res
Lol I just logged in to the forum to see you posted this less than a minute agoLOL

Edited by Three.Broomstic - 1 years ago
Nice start... Loving this confident Prerna
Originally posted by Three.Broomstic

Res
Lol I just logged in to the forum to see you posted this less than a minute ago LOL

Aww Anya!Hug
Miss you and Harshu and ShiksssEmbarrassed

Nice start continue soon Tongue
OMG!!!!! You write! And so well. <3 The concepts really cool. Prerna is not on Anurag's good side. Which is how things should be for me LOL. Fall in love even if you are on the opposite sides. And your writing has an ease and flow. Something I strongly believe I need to learn. Update soon, okay? Hug
East or West Moloy is the best!!! LOL
Need I say more?Ok.
The prologue was easy to read. I swear the interviewer's i-stare-you-down is scary at timesLOL
Wonder how the disapproval will change into approval
I want more!!!

Aww I miss you tooHug
Originally posted by Zaya.hp

OMG!!!!! You write! And so well. <3 The concepts really cool. Prerna is not on Anurag's good side. Which is how things should be for me  LOL. Fall in love even if you are on the opposite sides. And your writing has an ease and flow. Something I strongly believe I need to learn. Update soon, okay? Hug

Vignyarthi!!! Yes I do LOL
Honestly, getting this from you is a huge compliment for me. Thanks a lot, means so much!

Oh! Please. Your writing is just absolutely perfect.

Yeah I'll without delay ASAP Embarrassed