Love's a B...

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Love's a B...😳😆

Chapter I Dye or Die

Avyaan rolled over in bed  as he hid the phone under the pillow on his side.

He heard sound outside dull sounds of conversations in Hindi and English

His parents must be up he thought, and his younger brother Sarvansh and his wife Radha must be getting ready for their day

He checked the phone again, the camera app opened strangely on selfie mode,  his silver, or umm.. salt and pepper sideburns reminded his stubble that they didn't have to give up so soon

"Well I am more black than grey he told himself vainly

His new hair cut was looking good on him he decided

He didn't look too bad , yes... he really didn't

He rubbed his chest and heard the crunch

He had read somehwhere that men began losing their chest hair or arm hair as they aged.

He sat up when that word came to him

He stretched getting off bed

He was unable to sleep well. It had been over 7 years since he had had a good night's sleep.

There was a knock on the door,... his mother Mrs Niru Singh was at the door

"Don't you want to get up?

"Jee Ma he smiled turning away from the tall windows, just like his sleep, it had been years since Delhi had seen clear blue skies in the morning. The apartment was on the penthouse level of the Greater Kailash neighborhood

Old bungalows were being torn down and filled with boutique apartments, 12, 18, 20, some even had over 50

Theirs had only 18.

"Raat ko soye beta? Niru didnt leave

He was brushing his teeth the glass bowl sink sparkling under many lights

"Really good Ma he lied as hesplashed water in his face

"Guss kam kiya karen aap she said slowly

"Jee "Aur kuch? he grinned, wiping his face

"Aap jaise sunkar amal kar lein she responded sarcastically shaking her head

"Sarvansh aur Radha aaj subah subah aaye hain? he enquired not having the will go out and socialize

"Haan... NOIDA se ghar hotey hue jaayenge aaj Gurgaon, apni office

"Umm... Papa chale gaye office?

"Sabki khabar lenge tabhi ghar se niklenge? his mother scanned his room

"Ghar se nikaalengi? he chimed in

"Oh sorry... KAMRE SE she smiled fondly

"Umm... itne saare magazines padhte hain tabhi neend nahi aati she picked up the National Enquirers and other tabloids strewn all around the bed

"Haha... u shud read them, they can put anyone to sleep he argued

"Meghan Markle detests Camilla? Niru read out loud

"That part is exciting, andar padhen he smiled leaning on the wall crossing his arms across the chest

"Subah subah kaise so paayenge? his mother agreed with him, or pretended to, that tabloids helped him sleep

He had fallen in love and was elated, breathless, giddy and joyous, until she eloped with a man she had been secretly seeing, and had left for the US

Leaving behind the remnants of Avyaan

"Papa gaye nahi to hum unke saath nikal lenge CP?

Umm... nahi Papa ko koi aur kaam hai aap nashta karke jaayen

His mother forced him to pull away from the hold of his Dad

"Aap roz subah yehi kehti hain, aur roz Papa office mein hamey kehte hain, ki who ruk sate the

Niru looked at him with a troubled expression

The househelp peeked "Papaji office jaayen?

"Nahi rukne ko kahen Avyaan requested

"Nahi unko kahen niklen Niru rushed after him

He spent the next 30 minutes showering and shaving rubbed his jaw... no sign of any grey hair

His eyes sparkled

He wore a navy shirt and grey trousers, the trousers had a tag, he opened his drawer looking for scissors

He found a box of men's hair color

He pulled the box out

And rubbed his sideburn

"Not bad dude he hissed under his breath "I need to get over it he mumbled shutting the drawer

Attemptingt o wear his pants with the tag on, and then finding the scissors after some search and untagging it

When he went out, his brother and his wife were gone, so was his Dad

His mother was on the phone chatting

The apartment was huge, over 6000 sq feet, with 360 views of Delhi's smoggy glory

"Umm.. ek minute his mother promised the caller and hung up

"Umm... you look great she said joyously

"Ma... I am not 10 he smiled sheepishly... "I am 32 he said gruffly

His heart sank when he said out loud like that... he hated the sound of it, he wished he had colored his side burn this morning

"Such a good looking 32 his mother was certain

The help appeared

"Hum kahe aapse Dad ko rok lein he shouted

"Bhayya auntyjee boleen bhej dein he mumbled

"Avya his mother scolded gently

"Ma... hum akele reh rahe the, aapne kaha hum yaha aa jaayen... ab yahan aa gaye hain aap hamey independent honey ko kehti hain he yelled

"Avya... beta

"I am not an invalid... I am not depressed... I will never try to kill myself he hissed

"You are feisty when you are angry she smiled nervously trying o change the topic

"U cant seriously think I don't know what you are doing here

"Kya kiye hum? his mother argued

"Shaadi be all aur end all nahi hai... 5 years 10 years 20 years, let me figure myself out "PLEEEZ he raised his voice

"Umm... her shoulders slumped

She was goingt o talk to him about a female acquaintance her friend had recommended

He ate quietly and picked up his laptop case and walked out

Forgetting to grab a water bottle from the frig,

As he crossed Siri Fort, he pulled over to buy himself a water bottle

He wove through loud blaring honking, as he stared at the cigarette kiosk on the side street, his parched throat fantasizing a tall frosty bottle of  Aquafina.

"What a JERK!!! Samidha Saran yelled... a man in navy shirt and grey pants was running mindlessly as her eyes followed his back

She pressed the steering as hard as she could, rolled her window down and yelled

"I can happily plaster you to the asphalt you MORONNN "if u are looking to die painfully she shrieked

He turned to see who had cursed loudly a chartered bus wove its way in between him and her... With a large white sign upfront "Adobe NOIDA it said

"Bitch he cursed

"A-----e she cursed under her breath

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tuc_Mob thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Look forward to read more of your story!!
Thanks for writing!!
Neha07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hola peeps.!!!
Hey Nisha !!! A new story aur main aa gayi...congrats on this new one. Waiting to read more of this.

Btw belated Happy Diwali wishes to all!
Errantnomad thumbnail
Love is a B...

AND THE TITLE A Homphone...Dye/ Die 👏 😳 😆 ...

Well Nisha, you have rolled the Die in the game of wordplay and I am already a Dye'ing glue like pebbles to tar on the asphalt. Ha Ha. This time one side of the dice rolls our Avyaan and the other dice rolls out the equally feisty sa.. Jerk, Moron, Asshole, Bitch ... in the list of explosive expletives to get themselves warmed up( may be to each other? 😳 😉 ).

Bestest Sunday in a long long time... Thankoo Thankoo Nisha .

The story teller has rolled the die and so We Roll again! Cmon folks!!

The story... Love is a Bitch ... ... OR Love is a BattleField!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Samidha Saran rings so well Nisha!! What a lovely name
Neha07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Love is a B...

AND THE TITLE A Homphone...Dye/ Die 👏 😳 😆 ...

Well Nisha, you have rolled the Die in the game of wordplay and I am already a Dye'ing glue like pebbles to tar on the asphalt. Ha Ha. This time one side of the dice rolls our Avyaan and the other dice rolls out the equally feisty sa.. Jerk, Moron, Asshole, Bitch ... in the list of explosive expletives to get themselves warmed up( may be to each other? 😳 😉 ).

Bestest Sunday in a long long time... Thankoo Thankoo Nisha .

The story teller has rolled the die and so We Roll again! Cmon folks!!

The story... Love is a Bitch ... ... OR Love is a BattleField!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Samidha Saran rings so well Nisha!! What a lovely name

If Samidha Saran sounds good then Avyaan is the newest sought after names these days after Arnav and Advait.
Errantnomad thumbnail
Originally posted by: Neha07

If Samidha Saran sounds good then Avyaan is the newest sought after names these days after Arnav and Advait.

Oh is it? Arnav as a name is all around now. Avyaan does sound new though it's ring is more like a missile launched out of Sriharikota. Hope this missile finds its station soon 😳

Book marked Nisha. If you find time in this less work weekend' , why don't you give us two more 😳 😛 😉Edited by Errantnomad - 5 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail

Steel bras & bunnies

Samidha worked for Sterns Consulting. She changed jobs once every year. It was like she could not stay still and grow. She was part of a young team of advisors now that helped companies expand product offerings or markets.

She was born and raised in Bangalore, despite everything Delhi had going for itself, she hated Delhi

Her phone rang as she pulled into the parking lot of the bungalow converted into commercial real estate  near Summerfields School in GK I

"No no, I already compiled that whole list from some 2016 TAM data for soaps & shampoo sales she giggled walking in through the heavy double glass doors

There was no parking inside if she came in after 8 AM

She had parked 3 blocks down and prayed she wont get towed, the traffic/cop mafia in South Delhi extracted a pound of flesh and a slice of her retirement every month. Pound of flesh because once she chased after a tow truck and it tore a chunk of her calf flesh

"Sam, our meeting with Apex brands has been pushed out until noon her coworker  Samir exclaimed doing a happy dance

"I almost killed some one dude she mumbled setting her bags on her desk, she shared a  corner of a square with her team, her desk and Samir's faced the window.  Gauri and Hema's were the other corners

"Aaj kya kiya? Gauri turned away from her monitor

"Some dude tore through traffic trying to get to the stall on Siri fort... Wahan ek hi hai na she giggled

"Shittt... did u hit him?

"No "I should have... Marna chahta tha shaayad... Plus he was wearing formals... is garmi mein WHO wears formals? Samidha sneered

"Oh hellooo Samir cleared his throated and pulled his shirt together under his chin

"Oh sorry I mean... Who other than Samir would she smiled

Samidha was not tall nor short, but was skinny, didn't have a curvy body... "flat as a pancake... all over she told herself many mornings as she got dressed for work

She wore push up bras until her early twenties and eventually gave up since she accidentally always washed them with her regular clothes and ended up extending the strap, making her seem like she had two "steel ki katori under her teeshirt... hanging loose

She didn't get cat called, she didn't receive any appreciative whistles nor did she have anyone buying any drinks for her at bars or get togethers

She had short silky hair and perfect teeth, but in a country that worships big boobs and even bigger butts, she had NOTHING

"Where did u get the kurta? Gauri scanned appreciatively

"That Tolstoy Marg... FICCI? " "Vigyan Bhawan? Samidha toggled her docking station cord

"VIGYAN BHAWAN? Gauri cackled loudly

"OK fine... I don't care... your Delhi everything has a very scientific sounding name she toggled again

Tapping her keyboard loudly

"Dheere yaar Samir mumbled tapping his wireless headset as he went on a call

"Ooops sorry

Rohan Shreshta her boss who she hated, and who hated her passionately peeked over the cube wall

"Aaj phir late Sam? he asked trying to not be polite about it

"Sirjee I was here at 7 sam whispered

He pointed shamelessly to Samidha

"Sorry I was stuck in traffic at Siri Fort she said

"U can always live closer... U don't belong here he said

Gauri sucked her breath in

Rohan tried again

"Ur parents don't live here unlike us... u can move

Sam stared expressionlessly

"Ek saal ki baat hai Rohan mocked her flighty nature again

"Umm... one year is up already she told him sweetly

"Well.. then even better... u should look for another job he mumbled as he walked away

"SAMMM Hema turned immediately

"What should I say... I have such a fabulous boss I will be on this job two years?

"Sir deal desk se aapko jo consulting ke mails aate hain, we usually say on top "Action Required or "FYI

Samir made a face as the guy on the other end seemed to be thrashing him

"Sir...

"Ummm

"Sir u didn't let me finish

Samir made a face and stood up

Samidha leaned back on her chair and heard her phone ping

Her mother...

"Samidha... are you coming for summer break?

"If I quit my job I can she texted and giggled

"Donttt... stay on

"Rohan wants me to go

"Did he fire you?

"Not yet

"Sir we are on contract to offer advice Samir insisted frustratedly

He listened again

"Sir... that's above my pay grade so I cant tell you what u can and what you cannot do Samir raised his voice

The girls turned towards him

"Hey Gauri do u know where I can find data on Zero Based Budgeting? "U know that...

"Let me send u a link Gauri nodded

Samir hung up and three his ear piece

Cursed colorfully

"So? Are we losing a client? Can I be the one to share the good news with Rohan? Samidha smiled gleefully rubbing her hands

"THIS GUY DOES NOT READ HIS EMAIL Samir was shocked

"Ha Samidha chuckled

"He has not done anything on the Action emails, and he says he will sue us

"Umm... Good luck with that... in India

"Saale bigde nawab

"Hes proly 70 with fake teeth Gauri laughed

"I KNOW OK... I can tell by the voice... he is definitely not 70 Samir was hurt

"Its Deal Desk stuff na... outsource kar de, give it to Hema or Gauri and u take on other shit dude Samidha offered

"Umm.. no

"Oooh corporate ladder climbing climbing Samidha laughed

"Umm... yes Samir laughed sheepishly

"U look hot already, u don't need a great career Samidha nodded smiling

"Shut up he laughed

They put their heads down and pretended to be busy as Rohan walked by

"Kaun HOT? Aur Samir? Hema guffawed releasing the suppressed laughter

"I am the hottest of us all Samir insisted

"Sure the girls laughed good naturedly

"Did u say hi to that guy eventually? Gauri texted

"Oh the lift wala?

"Yeah... he was so checking u out

"He must have thot, how can any woman be so flat Samidha sent her friend  the playboy emoji bunnies

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Oh is it? Arnav as a name is all around now. Avyaan does sound new though it's ring is more like a missile launched out of Sriharikota. Hope this missile finds its station soon 😳

Book marked Nisha. If you find time in this less work weekend' , why don't you give us two more 😳 😛 😉

Tumne pukaara aur humne ichha poori ki😃
Errantnomad thumbnail

She wore push up bras until her early twenties and eventually gave up since she accidentally always washed them with her regular clothes and ended up extending the strap, making her seem like she had two "steel ki katori under her teeshirt... hanging loose"

Woah!! This is some innovative steel bra technology... I coudnt stop laughing reading your description
😆 😆 👏