Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka

Lakshmi Analogy...BFF Comparisons . WRITERS GROW UP!!!

stylish_VJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
I solemnly swear that this is not a bashing POST and therefore please refrain from bashing here. Having said that- please feel free to criticize the writers and CV's who are still hell bent on shoving down our throats the whole "True Love" , "Pious Love", "Godly love and it's symbol" analogy every time they get a chance.

When Pari comes to Mishti's home for the first time Dida says Lakshmi has reached their house. I am all game for calling/addressing a girl child...any girl child "Lakshmi" because of the age old ideologies and practices of our patriarchal society; where girl child is considered more of a bane than a boon. And therefore while I am totally supportive of selling the idea that "Beti's are Lakshmi's" , I couldn't stand the whole underhanded writing by the team which still aims to promote the whole "TRUE LOVE" angle through the child. Or at least that is the subtext vibe I got from watching the scene.

They could have easily made Mishti do the 'Lakshmi ji ke pair' scene. That way the writing would have been much more earnest and not a repeat of the way things were before the leap ; where the writing pertaining to Nandini and Kunal were more "Divine" like . Now when the makers are 'allegedly' trying to clean up the mess they created they could and should have refrained from such shoddy writing. But from what I see they are still continuing the "Silsila" of phailaoing more raita just like before the leap with KuNan story.

While it is impossible to never mention Nandini again because she was a part of the show; the writers can very well stop with the whole Mauli-Nandini and Mishti-Pari BFF comparisons through FB's and otherwise because truth is Nandini never valued her friendship with Mauli and sacrificed it every time at the drop of a hat.

The writers need to stop with the whole divine analogy and BFF comparisons and focus on this leap in a more mature way.
Edited by stylish_VJ - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sona_Barun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
OH DEAR LORD...The writers of Silsila are the worst of the lot 🤢🤢🤢

What is with the "MISSION WHITEWASH NANDINI'S CHARACTER" even after her death ? What is this obsession?

I haven't seen this bad writing in a long time. I thought chalo leap ke baad things would be much better but 1 week bhi nahi hua and they have already started with the whole - "Mishti's mom is nice just like you (Nandini)" ..."If my mother was alive she would have been like Mishti's mom (Mauli)" etc.

Yes for a baby like Pari who has seen the good side of her mother or who has never seen her mother - it is quite natural to draw such comparisons...But viewers hold a grudge towards Nandini ...can't the writers keep that in mind? Why won't lines like "I miss mumma"... "I missed mumma more after meeting Mishti's mom" etc not used? What is this need to compare Mauli and Nandini?

Don't even get me started on the FB of Nandini giving her kangan to Mauli being shown when Mishti gave hers to Pari...🤢 I wanted to break my TV ...
Rinnks thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Mission whitewash Nandini still continues..
Now added whitewash illicit affair.. whitewash Kunal... and all through victim card for Kunal n sympathy card for pari..

Makers are acting as if Nandini was loved by audience n shd show FB scenes! Frankly my blood boils!!
I can see they are USING pari..
chirpyhapibird thumbnail
KuNan child was never needed in the show.
Crap writers.Worst show i ever watched.
Do these people have conscience ? i guess No .
llMinHoll thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Things seemed to have only gotten worse since the leap. Pari has come to India for the first time and speaks the perfect Hindi; if it wasn't for Kunal keep jabbering about her first time in India no body would be able to tell she's from abroad.
Also how just how do you become best friends with someone you just met? 😕
The lack of creativity is very evident; the CVs are trying to play with different ideas all at the same time resulting in failing terribly in executing even one of those ideas.
Cinnamonn thumbnail

Honestly, nothing against Pari, but she wasn't needed in this story. She's rather an insult to Mauli and Mishti. When I told my mum about how Kunal had a kid with Nandini, she was like what! That's insulting. They have Pari there to keep Nandini connected in the show.

He had an AFFAIR. He CHEATED. He had physical relations with someone else besides his wife. He was a married man sleeping in another woman's bed why are they trying to show that his 'love' was true for a mere mistress. Why are they using a child to garner sympathy for characters who sure as hell would never be good again.

I never thought I'd say this but they are continuing Dil se through this show. This isn't a horrible show. It's a heartless show. They are making fun of real life.

DesiShowFanatic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
They are using Pari 😡...Bloody writers are using a child to do their dirty work .

Seriously...Mission Whitewash Nandini is an apt name...I know the name has been there for a long time but now I think it's become more prominent now that it is being done through a child  Just goes on to show that the makers will go to any extent to ensure the whole "Kunal Nandini" story - something they intended to show as the central story - as THE LOVE-ISHTORY (Vomit) which they couldn't do as planned because of the huge backlash it received- still lives on. And the new scapegoat for this is PARI.

I agree with many of the comments here and on the forum - What was the need for Pari? I have nothing against the child but she wasn't needed at  all. It's clear that the only reason she is here is because the writing team and CV's intend to use her as a prop to keep Nandini alive.

The presence of Pari is sooo disheartening because the SUBTEXT is as follows : Nandini - a home wrecker, a BFF (🤢) husband snatcher - got her happily ever after. She got Kunal's love, she married him, they lived happily, had a child ...in short she got the life partner and life she always longed for, before departing from this world.  She ruined somebody else's life but got her happy ending. That is all I see, am reminded of when I see Pari.

Add the whole BFF comparisons or Mauli is like Nandini or such nonsense to the mix and it makes me nauseous that such a show is still running. Why aren't petitions being signed to stop this sh*t fest?
chirpyhapibird thumbnail
Originally posted by: Cinnamonn

Honestly, nothing against Pari, but she wasn't needed in this story. She's rather an insult to Mauli and Mishti. When I told my mum about how Kunal had a kid with Nandini, she was like what! That's insulting. They have Pari there to keep Nandini connected in the show.

He had an AFFAIR. He CHEATED. He had physical relations with someone else besides his wife. He was a married man sleeping in another woman's bed why are they trying to show that his 'love' was true for a mere mistress. Why are they using a child to garner sympathy for characters who sure as hell would never be good again.

I never thought I'd say this but they are continuing Dil se through this show. This isn't a horrible show. It's a heartless show. They are making fun of real life.

The best title for this show.
A heartless show.Perfect.👏⭐️

kiransgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It could have been worse. The mistress could have lived and she'd be in Mishti's and Mauli's life. 😡😡Imagine her parenting Mishti, passing on her "values"🤢🤢
If they were happy and had successful marriage, fabulous but stop making their story an intregal part of Mauli's life. If ema happens in real life, then partners move on too. Even if they have children, there are neutral people who can assist in pick/up drop/off, ect.
It's enough already.

I don't care about Kunan's story, except I do hope they tell us if that man has a job and will be paying child support
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Can the channel force them to shut this piece of crap!
How much more they will try to whitewash Nandini. Do they think audiences some sort of clown who will accept anything they throw at us!
I wish these writers never write any other serials!