Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka

Will you accept a whitewashed Kunal?

kiransgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Guys, I have been reading a lot of posts about what Kunal may be like post leap. But I wanted to know what the audience will accept. Will you accept a Kunal that the writers have whitewashed, making excuses and justifications? Will you accept a reunion with Mauli for the children's sake?

I will say 100% I will not accept a reunion between Mauli and Kunan. I will see it as abuse if she does it. We are all aware of the things Kunal did to Mauli. Forget the other woman for a minute. Kunal cheated on his wife with her best friend, walked away from his child (he did not want to know). He showed no guilt nor did he once think of Mauli. All he said was this is divine love and he was hell bound on making the other woman his treasured wife and do things he had never done before (perhaps he meant he won't cheat on her)😆😆

I hated the cheaters equally. Loathed them both. Just as I was not able to accept any whitewashing of Nandu, I will not accept any of Kunnu. The writers should be bold and make him an outright villain. They should show him as a selfish man with an agenda.
And even if he repents, it does not mean he should be in Mauli's life. It may mean he accepts that he has damaged another human being. He may get forgiveness but not acceptance.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kendra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
No i am not going to accept kunal at any cost. He should raise his daughter and stay the hell away from Mauli.
Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: kiransgirl

Guys, I have been reading a lot of posts about what Kunal may be like post leap. But I wanted to know what the audience will accept. Will you accept a Kunal that the writers have whitewashed, making excuses and justifications? Will you accept a reunion with Mauli for the children's sake?

I will say 100% I will not accept a reunion between Mauli and Kunan. I will see it as abuse if she does it. We are all aware of the things Kunal did to Mauli. Forget the other woman for a minute. Kunal cheated on his wife with her best friend, walked away from his child (he did not want to know). He showed no guilt nor did he once think of Mauli. All he said was this is divine love and he was hell bound on making the other woman his treasured wife and do things he had never done before (perhaps he meant he won't cheat on her)😆😆

I hated the cheaters equally. Loathed them both. Just as I was not able to accept any whitewashing of Nandu, I will not accept any of Kunnu. The writers should be bold and make him an outright villain. They should show him as a selfish man with an agenda.
And even if he repents, it does not mean he should be in Mauli's life. It may mean he accepts that he has damaged another human being. He may get forgiveness but not acceptance.

Nobody wants maunal together. I want ishali as end game. What I want is to see a miserable kunal post-leap who has had plenty of time to reflect on his own actions and past incidents to realise that he was wrong and everything that is happening with him now, as in nandini's death is punishment for what he did to mauli. That's what I want at least for kunal post-leap. This isn't whitewashing kunal, this is merely kunal having seen the mirror and realising that he got what he wanted whilst at the same time losing everything simultaneously. I want him to be miserable and understand that it is owing to his misdeeds done against mauli for which he is receiving punishment. 
kiransgirl thumbnail
Originally posted by: sammy17

Nobody wants maunal together. I want ishali as end game. What I want is to see a miserable kunal post-leap who has had plenty of time to reflect on his own actions and past incidents to realise that he was wrong and everything that is happening with him now, as in nandini's death is punishment for what he did to mauli. That's what I want at least for kunal post-leap. This isn't whitewashing kunal, this is merely kunal having seen the mirror and realising that he got what he wanted whilst at the same time losing everything simultaneously. I want him to be miserable and understand that it is owing to his misdeeds done against mauli for which he is receiving punishment. 

Sammy, I don't trust the writers. I think they have Kunal and Mauli as end game. I think they will attempt to whitewash Kunal. Who knows they may even bring on Ishaan as a villain. I just don't trust the writers. If Kunal can show he knows that he hurt Mauli, and he is truly sorry then fine. But that doesn't mean he should go anywhere near her.
Girl, we are on the same page: want to see that man suffer and suffer endlessly
ProfMcGonagall thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 2
You can't whitewash Kunal. That is impossible. It was tried with Nandini and it butchered the story. The point shouldn't be about whitewashing anyways. Kunal needs to understand and realize where he went wrong. He needs to realize that just because it's juzzbaat, it doesn't make it any less of EMA. He needs to understand that the way he handled things were wrong and that he basically destroyed Mauli.

There can be no Mauli and Kunal reunion. And I'm thinking from the perspective of Mishti here. I posted this in another thread as well. Based on the rumours, Ishaan has been in Mauli and Mishti's life for the past 3 years. That means since Mishti was about 2, she has only known Ishaan to be her father. Ishaan and Mauli have been her parents and should remain her parents for her, at least until she's old enough to understand what really happened. Right now if she is introduced to Kunal and told that Kunal is her father, her whole world could become a big confusing mess. It could even psychologically break her because as a 5-year-old, she wouldn't really understand divorce, love, and separation. It would give her anxiety attacks.

Not only that, but on Indian TV, they would make this Mishti's decision in a way. If Mauli and Kunal end up together, it would be because Mishti wanted it. How does a 5-year-old really decide this though? She's only seen Ishaan as her father. Just because she's told that Kunal is actually her father, how does she just go about accepting that and pretending Ishaan was never around? It's not easy to do so.

I'm just thinking about a movie, Kuch Naa Kaho. In that, when Adi met Raj, he developed a relationship with Raj that become father-son. So even when his real father, Sanjeev, returned, Adi couldn't accept that. It was only when Raj told him to do so, he grudgingly agreed, but even then it was obvious he would never be able to see Sanjeev as his father. And in that movie Adi was 7 or 8. Even a 7 or 8 year-old didn't understand why Raj wasn't his father. So how can we or even the CVs expect to make us believe that a 5-year-old will?

As for your original question - no I will not accept a whitewashed Kunal. I want the CVs to show repentance. I want them to show that Kunal has realized how wrong he was. I'm thinking of another movie here, Aakhir Kyon. There, it took a while, but Kabir and Indu finally realized how wrong they had been to mistreat Nisha, take her for granted, cheat around, and then destroy her in every way, shape, and form. They realized this when Nisha helped Kabir even though Kabir had ruined her. They realized this when they saw the problems they were in and repented it. But what was the point? They never saw Nisha come to her own daughter's wedding, which was symbolic of her forgiving them. She forever kept them away from that forgiveness. That's what I want here. Kunal needs to realize that he destroyed Mauli and it took her time to rebuild herself. He needs to ask for forgiveness and while we are told (or shown) that Mauli has forgiven Kunal, he needs to believe that Mauli will never forgive him.
Let mauli also die rTher than uniting maunal
kiransgirl thumbnail
Originally posted by: ProfMcGonagall

You can't whitewash Kunal. That is impossible. It was tried with Nandini and it butchered the story. The point shouldn't be about whitewashing anyways. Kunal needs to understand and realize where he went wrong. He needs to realize that just because it's juzzbaat, it doesn't make it any less of EMA. He needs to understand that the way he handled things were wrong and that he basically destroyed Mauli.

There can be no Mauli and Kunal reunion. And I'm thinking from the perspective of Mishti here. I posted this in another thread as well. Based on the rumours, Ishaan has been in Mauli and Mishti's life for the past 3 years. That means since Mishti was about 2, she has only known Ishaan to be her father. Ishaan and Mauli have been her parents and should remain her parents for her, at least until she's old enough to understand what really happened. Right now if she is introduced to Kunal and told that Kunal is her father, her whole world could become a big confusing mess. It could even psychologically break her because as a 5-year-old, she wouldn't really understand divorce, love, and separation. It would give her anxiety attacks.

Not only that, but on Indian TV, they would make this Mishti's decision in a way. If Mauli and Kunal end up together, it would be because Mishti wanted it. How does a 5-year-old really decide this though? She's only seen Ishaan as her father. Just because she's told that Kunal is actually her father, how does she just go about accepting that and pretending Ishaan was never around? It's not easy to do so.

I'm just thinking about a movie, Kuch Naa Kaho. In that, when Adi met Raj, he developed a relationship with Raj that become father-son. So even when his real father, Sanjeev, returned, Adi couldn't accept that. It was only when Raj told him to do so, he grudgingly agreed, but even then it was obvious he would never be able to see Sanjeev as his father. And in that movie Adi was 7 or 8. Even a 7 or 8 year-old didn't understand why Raj wasn't his father. So how can we or even the CVs expect to make us believe that a 5-year-old will?

As for your original question - no I will not accept a whitewashed Kunal. I want the CVs to show repentance. I want them to show that Kunal has realized how wrong he was. I'm thinking of another movie here, Aakhir Kyon. There, it took a while, but Kabir and Indu finally realized how wrong they had been to mistreat Nisha, take her for granted, cheat around, and then destroy her in every way, shape, and form. They realized this when Nisha helped Kabir even though Kabir had ruined her. They realized this when they saw the problems they were in and repented it. But what was the point? They never saw Nisha come to her own daughter's wedding, which was symbolic of her forgiving them. She forever kept them away from that forgiveness. That's what I want here. Kunal needs to realize that he destroyed Mauli and it took her time to rebuild herself. He needs to ask for forgiveness and while we are told (or shown) that Mauli has forgiven Kunal, he needs to believe that Mauli will never forgive him.

this is excellent. I did not think of what would happen if suddenly Kunal is introduced as Mishti's father. I hope it is handled in a very sensitive way. But, I too believe a father is not just a blood relative. I hope she can continue developing a strong bond with Ishaan and also know her biological father. Perhaps, we will get a story where Kunal is balancing fatherhood and his relationship with a married Mauli and Ishaan.
But, as everyone knows, I don't trust these writers to do the right thing.
SweetNeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Will never accept this cheater whose jasbaat can change any
moment...no amount of whitewashing will work...rather see
Mauli alone than be linked with this ungrateful soul.
Free_Rein thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ProfMcGonagall

Mishti thinking Ishaan as father is not given anywhere or in any spoiler.He just comes often to their house,he doesn't live there.Mishti knows him as her mother's friend and him loving Mishti.That's it.Mishti may be curious to know his father or hate him mostly  for  leaving them.
anmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
No Kunal has been worse than Nandini so no I would never accept a whitewashed Kunal 😡