Posted: 5 years ago
Hi everyone,

Does no body watch this serial or no one is active in the forum?

Guys lets make it active!!! ⭐️

Hey!

I started watching a few weeks ago and caught up on the episodes too. It doesn't surprise me that the show isn't as popular as one would think it could be. Partly because of what else is going on in the television world and partly because (I think), the show is very cleverly and subtly making some feminist remarks that don't always sit well with everyone.

It certainly seems like SatyaDevi is out to get every couple divorced. Its often felt like she is pushing it. I have repeatedly been irked when her phone calls interrupted the romance or bonding at Suranas too. However, you then look at Sarika and every one of SD's fears is validated. In her career as a lawyer, she has seen more Sarikas than Suraans. She has seen the continued abuse for the sake of patriarchal beliefs. Everything that Rama says reminds SatyaDevi of her own marriage. Rama & the Suranas, while very open and ready to be educated, still live in a culture that allows for continued suppression. That it does not happen is only a matter of time. Jyoti is putting up with a fair amount of "adjustment". Isn't she?

Suranas and Samar are very sweet. Ofcourse every girl wants a sarusal and pati like them. Except, that some don't. Some women will find having to live in another house difficult. Why should a woman have to "make" the sasural her home... No one else is inconvenienced. Samar doesn't have to change into new set of clothes when extended family visit.. I really really wanted her to say, I will cook the kheer and then I will change into a saree. He is in his own house. Its Jaya who has to walk on eggshells.

I think the point is, Jaya is a lousy bride. But she is still trying. And her mother wants her to know, she can try, but she doesn't have to kill herself for it. It was wonderful to see the two families come together to support Jaya when the kheer fiasco happened

The pink suitcase is another one of the show's funny props. My first reaction was, why give it to her even. Just have a wardrobe for Jaya with her essentials. However, as time has passed, I can see the point of it. The point is, SatyaDevi is asking tables be turned. Men have the luxury of walking out and going to bhad aka office. When a woman lives in someone else's house, she does not always have that luxury. That suitcase, literally and figuratively, is a reminder to Samar and Suranas that Jaya will walk out if needed. Its not for us and the Suranas to decide when she does it. Its for her to decide. Often times she hasn't wanted to. Satyadevi is over doing it, but I am prepared to wait and watch. This marriage is ofcourse doomed. But when the man's mother is as interfering as SD (and I actually feel like last few days she has been way better.. her fears have started to calm and she is giving Jaya the space that an adult deserves), the woman is expected to get on with it. Let the man and his family do it for once.

Let me give you an example, The teej fast. Why don't we, the society, tell the bride... women will be fasting, if you wish, let us know... Why is she "told" what has to be done?

I am enjoying the show. Waiting to see how Satyadevi and Rama change their views as time goes

Originally posted by jhanvibella

Hi everyone,

Does no body watch this serial or no one is active in the forum?

Guys lets make it active!!! ⭐️

Forum was not allowing me to post.

I don't know who is more annoying Jaya or her mother. Both are horrible.
Jaya doesn't have a brain and when she attempts to use it she creates more problems.

This whole problem started with that legal agreement. I am waiting for Jaya to recover her health so she can tell her mom the truth that she chose to keep fast and lied to everyone that she had been eating.

I want Samar to find out about the agreement and want a big issue made of it. It is time for Jaya to grow up and deal with reality. She needs to know about the agreement otherwise this marriage is doomed if her mother uses it like a rope tied around Rama and Samar's neck.

Jaya was never mature for marriage and I blame her mother. When you pamper your kids so much that they have no capability of solving their own problems and are completely dependent on you then you have failed as a parent. If you don't give them space to mature and grow how will they survive in this world. The sign of good parenting is that your child has the skills to survive on their own without your help as you won't be there for them forever. Satya gives a bad name to the single mother's out there and shame on the writers for portraying single mother's this way.

This show is frustrating to watch because Jaya is brainless creature and her mother an overbearing parent that interferes in every aspect of her daughter's life. I can't help feel sorry especially for her eldest daughter who has a son of her own. When Satya has faith in no one and thinks no one can take good care of her daughter then she should have never allowed this marriage to happen. It seems like she let it happen to prove her point that this also will end in divorce.

She has ruined her daughters lives and I hope one day they show that she realizes the mistakes she has made in raising her daughters. After marriage Jaya has been good for nothing. Has she continued with her marriage planning business? I don't know how she managed that considering how she has no common sense.

The writers had an opportunity to show something positive, that children of single parents are also well adjusted and can also fit in with a family. Here they have shown the opposite. Jaya got a wonderful family that she married into. It's a shame that Jaya and her mother have ruined a completely very good scenario for her daughter and messing with Jaya's future. I feel bad more for Samar's sister who married into a family that doesn't care about her. Let Jaya last even two days in Samar's sisters situation and then she will really have a reason to complain.

The show started off good but really went downhill after that. Extreme of anything is never good and Jaya's mom is extreme in her views. Just because she had an unhappy marriage does not mean everyone else's marriage is doomed.Edited by rose2015 - 5 years ago
Everyone's thinking of going to their mayka,
You can only take so much of jayas bhabho!