I don't know if anybody would be interested in this topic but..

Saazhumsafars thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
..I am.So I am making a thread for it hehe
I posted this on twitter too but since forums like these have more rooms for relatively more detailed discussions I am making this thread.

Am I the only one who does not like nandini's sarees so much?like sarees can be so beautiful with different weaves and hand work embroideries,I have started following some non celebrity saree enthusiasts on instagram because they wear such beautiful beautiful sarees (and I have learnt words like kanjeevaram,ikkat,chanderi,tussar silk et cetara et cetara).I don't see tv characters being so versatile with their sarees,like there is so much to choose from but I think they shy away from the more traditional looking saree cloth and stick to the more modern looking ones with their transparencies and frills.Now I am not shaming any character for wearing transparent sarees but the thing is they are not even that pretty or versatile looking to me (like so many of nandini's sarees are of the same transparent pattern with no pretty embroidery one can see on other sarees).
This is not only about nandini but also about other tv character's styling (for example the frill-y white and red saree zoya of bepannaah wore recently for adiya's 'almost consummation'.Nandini has worn some frilly sarees too and I am really not that big a fan)..like tv industry is so huge and they have stylists for these characters and still they aren't coming up with the most beautiful working or much versatility in their sarees or other clothes too,at least IMO because I am more enamoured with the non celebs' styling.

So anybody else who thinks like me,that nandini's sarees aren't sooo pretty.I keep reading about her designer sarees and I am like 'I have seen sooo much better'
Edited by Saazhumsafars - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rinnks thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Not much of any saree fan... πŸ˜†
mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
I remember reading this somewhere in some film magazine long time ago that this trend of transparent saris started with some hindi movie in 80s or 90s? basically it has got to do more with how it looks on camera and cinematography. that is the reason they use these plain thin chiffon saris...
Saazhumsafars thumbnail
@Ruhi 22 Ok hehe.I am a new new fan πŸ˜† Edited by Saazhumsafars - 5 years ago
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I like few of them since they are so simple, yet elegant. But everyone has their own taste. Didn't like the frill ones personally but some of her sarees were good for my taste.
Saazhumsafars thumbnail
Originally posted by: mango_pudding1

I remember reading this somewhere in some film magazine long time ago that this trend of transparent saris started with some hindi movie in 80s or 90s? basically it has got to do more with how it looks on camera and cinematography. that is the reason they use these plain thin chiffon saris...

Hmm really?but so many of these non celeb/semi celeb instagram women or models I am talking about get their photoshoots done and all kinds of sarees look so beautiful.Is it that for moving/motion pictures these plain thin chiffon sarees are better?
mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Saazhumsafars

Hmm really?but so many of these non celeb/semi celeb instagram women or models I am talking about get their photoshoots done and all kinds of sarees look so beautiful.Is it that for moving/motion pictures these plain thin chiffon sarees are better?

yea I think so... I used to have this question on why plain chiffon saris were favoured so much in movies and so I remember that the gist of the article was something to do with how it looks on camera...
Edited by mango_pudding1 - 5 years ago
Saazhumsafars thumbnail
Originally posted by: arshi_asya

I like few of them since they are so simple, yet elegant. But everyone has their own taste. Didn't like the frill ones personally but some of her sarees were good for my taste.

I too have found some of her sarees kind of pretty but again,not exactly the most beautiful ones I have laid eyes onπŸ˜³πŸ˜†
pamk06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Some of her sarees are really gorgeous along with her earnings and she carries them so well. I do not care so much about the frills ones for now (they might grow on me as Jennifer has also started wearing them ) but the others are really pretty.  Edited by pamk06 - 5 years ago
Saazhumsafars thumbnail
^^she does carry them well,like her walk in one of the videos of the recent lucknow promotions.I thought that was pretty sexy,she has fun with these sarees.
Seems like nobody cares for frills in sareesπŸ˜†