Why Silsila Went Wrong

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Silsila went wrong and is not accepted by the viewers for many reasons. Firstly and most importantly how can the makers believe that the viewers will accept EMAs are normal and that the cheating couple be given our blessings . Do they think that the present society is totally immoral and marriage has no value anymore. I'm sorry people in today's society still value marriage and believe that both spouses should uphold their vows to be faithful. Secondly do they believe that we can accept the even though a man has had a good wife for 7 years ...he can just discard her when a more beautiful or sexy woman appears in his lfe ..I'm sorry we cannot. Do they believe that we will accept a woman who steals her best friends husband ...and that best friend has done everything  for her, saved her, supported her. How can the viewers not show hatred for this woman. Do the makers believe that we will accept a husband belittling, verbally abusing and insulting his good wife all because he now has a mistress...I'm sorry we as women will not. Do the makers believe that we will accept that a cheating husband will disown his own baby in favor of his mistress...We can only show hatred for such a man and sadly for the show as well unfortunately ... By trying to show these immoral situations in a positive light has killed our acceptance of this show  😕 Edited by Indira1211 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

manj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think the whole fault is of that sadhu ?
Who was he?
A alien ?
Till then nandini was indifferent to Kunal.
Attraction of Kunal to nandini would have died a natural death and soon Kunal would have found someone else to fall 8n love with.
3 big mysteries of ssbrk
1) what was wrong with Kunal and mauli's marriage.? No way did it look like friendship wala love.
2) why did Kunal fall for nandini? 
3) who was the sadhu ? Or is nandini a schizophrenic?
Edited by manj - 5 years ago
CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
first and foremost thing which went wrong  is glorification of EMA. When you pick up the sensitive issue like EMA, you should not expect from people to sympathize, you should try that they should empathize with your characters.

Little imperfection or few issues in Mauli-Kunal marriage were required, they should have not made Nandini-Mauli childhood best friends to make it less pukeworthy.

The way Nandini is behaving, she looks mentally challenged woman, not victim of rape or domestic abuse. Instead of introducing this entire gharelu hinsa and rape angle, they could have made Nandini Mentally unstable woman woman who cannot differentiate between right and wrong.

Kunal looks like a lusty pig. One genuine reason was required to justify kunal falling out of love, thumka in rain is not even a reason. Right now he looks like 'Khula sandh' as rajdeep pointed out. His attitude is like Mujhe jo chahiye woh chahiye and everyone should respect my decision, jab me kahu they should love me, once I'm over, other person should move on as well without any complain.

Writers ne toh sab kuchh bhagwan aur baba pe chhod diya. They should have focused on reality aspect from begining, if they come up with any type of change after this show was rejected by people, it will look like white washing.
Edited by White..Magic - 5 years ago
anmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
You just said it all! If they had shown exactly the same thing without rooting for/ justifying/ and promoting kunan the audience would've accepted it but they thought that irrespective of the story the show will be accepted because supposedly kunan look good together? Like really? This isn't a regular show where everyone would salivate over their romance 🤢Edited by anmirza - 5 years ago
Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Completely agree with this
Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
I think the writer was over confident of DD & SA'a popularity.

From the very beginning it was clear from promo if not an EMA, the story would definitely deal with complex relationship. But in fact, they have only shown two extremely selfish people abusing the one person who gave her all.

In no way, I support EMA. But as much as I hate it, I can't deny EMA exists & people do fall out of love.

From a completely neutral POV, I do think Nandini's attachment to Kunal, up to a certain extent made sense. Now don't throw chappal on my face friends, hear me out.

I met my brother's best friend for the first time when I was 19. And I knew he had a GF & how much committed he was. Still, due to the similarity in our principles & seeing his kind nature - I started liking him. Mark this point - I started liking him. I still do & respect him a lot for who he is.

For 7 years of her marital life, Nandini has been abused. If she meets a guy who is gentle, respects women, she was bound to respect him or feel for him. Who knows, she might love him for his goodness. But loving someone doesn't necessarily mean you are in love with him. It can be platonic, it can stem from genuine respect & Nandini could definitely start his life with someone whom she would actually fall in love with keeping her respect for Kunal intact. Love have different shades. Not always it means you have to jump into the bed when you have the chance.

The writer never went there & didn't show Nandini's growth as a person. They just made her fall for Kunal & BOOM!!! We have ready-made sacred love.

As for Kunal, it can be that he didn't realize Mauli wasn't the one for him. His life was way too rosy to accept it to be real. Everything was perfect. Might have happened that he would realize his love for someone else who in true sense would match him. Perfect relationship doesn't mean you have 100% compatibility. It means when you know in your heart that you feel perfect in the imperfectness of your partner. So may be I could give Kunal a chance.

But not showing 1 ounce of guilt or trying to honor the relationship he maintained for 7years, more importantly blaming the mother of his child for his mistress - has completely destroyed his character.

If you are not happy with your partner, you have full right to divorce him/her. But indulging with her so called best friend while you had never tried to work on your marriage first - that doesn't make you a victim. It's pure selfishness. 
Edited by nushy1995 - 5 years ago
JaZzs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
they must have thought the fans can never behave sane they will anyway ship their favorite's onscreen character only n consider mauli as only a hurdle n demand more n more kunan  only so they can gradually reduce mauli's role and still if anyone tries to see from  mauli's pov then crazy fans will snap at them at the very first instant itself and kunan will become  a popular jodi  :P 
the channel is obsessed with Ema for the reason unknown they want to justify husband falling for other woman n show  that other woman as some innocent n pious character but without degrading the wife character for that sake...they must have thought their failure to garner support for teni must be due to lesser known actress while shorovi a popular actress so they did the reverse here but still got the severe backlash so now they seem to be satisfying their desire thro Salim anarkali but still the show is a flop..poor colors...
Edited by -JaZ- - 5 years ago
Indira1211 thumbnail
There have been many Bollywood movies with EMAs that have been successful and accepted by fans..and the makers of silsila could have been banking on. But those bollywood movies gave more substance to the characters and the execution in just 2.5 hours was much better than silsila. Some examples.: 1. Biwi no. 1 with salman, karisma kapoor and sushmita sen. here sush was a vamp, she kind of uses salman to get to the top of her modeling career and he's physically attracted to her. Also karisma kind of let herself get boring after marriage . Anyway it was a David dhawan comedy with good music..and salman was a good dad and he gets back with his wife whom he still loves. 2. Then there was Karan johars khabi alvida na kehena with SRK, Rani And Preeti. But here they show the couples unhappy in their marriages, with insecurities etc.and the affair just kinda happens ..but they did not want to leave their spouses...but got kicked out after the affair came out in the open. But both of them never  verbally abused their spouses ..they admitted that they were wrong..so they were not hated ..even though after  the movie was released there was a conference as the public was unhappy about the EMA theme. 3. Then there was an old movie with Jeetendra and Rekha . There was powerful acting here ..but again the husband started the EMA because he had met his first love again ...even though he was married now with a child. They tried to prevent  the wife from knowing about the mistress as they didn't want to hurt her . But when she finds out, in typical Bollywood fashion the mistress commits suicide and the married couple lcontinue their marriage. But in all the above movies the characters were not cold and selfish towards the betrayed wife , the husbands actually never wanted to leave their wives and there were reasons why the EMas happened . Also in none of the movies did the husbands verbally abuse their wives or insult them ..in fact all the husbands showed guilt and sadness and remorse after hurting their wives. Also in all the movies the moral was that EMAs are socially not acceptable and hurtful. But Kunal is cold and callous . He and Nandini show no remorse and the makers are trying to portray the EMA as acceptable and inevitable .. unfortunately viewers will not tolerate that...🥱

Strike thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The pace and lack of depth by the writer is the main issue for me. She should have given time for the foundation of the main plot and also given it some depth atleast. It was supposed to be a touchy and controversial plot anyways but the writer did such a horrible job with the way she build up the story.
Indira1211 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Strike

The pace and lack of depth by the writer is the main issue for me. She should have given time for the foundation of the main plot and also given it some depth atleast. It was supposed to be a touchy and controversial plot anyways but the writer did such a horrible job with the way she build up the story.

yes you're right...it's as if Kunal suddenly got attracted to nandini and then fell into beD with her ..so their EMA seems so sordid . And lust seems like the only reason for it and from being a devoted husband and Kunal has had a complete change of personality to becoming self centered without an ounce of consideration for his wife. There was no building up to the affair , it was all so rushed . Also how can his feelings for Mauli disappear so suddenly. So basically Kunal has come across as a very fickle person which is in contrast to what was shown in the first few episodes ...