If Mauli had a friend like Mauli

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't think Mauli's character is being destroyed . Though her initial reactions of hatred and applying for divorce was super quick , 1 month time period has made her weak .
Her world revolved around a Man for 7 long years , she did everything she could to keep him happy and fulfil his dreams . Losing the love of her life , to her best friend , carrying his child and having no one to support her has made her really weak 

The Two people in her life , Dida n Radhika are more concerned about having their family intact rather than what is good for Mauli .if Mauli had a friend like how Nandini had Mauli who would do anything to rescue to her friend in distress, She could 've made up her mind by now . She seems to move the way the ppl in her life are wanting to 

May be Mauli should look into her problems like she did for N .. 
Edited by Nandy141 - 5 years ago
Posted: 5 years ago
Absolutely true. If anything, it's Dida and Radhika whose characters have been ruined. Honestly, shame on them. They way they are manipulating Mauli because they don't want their house to be broken. I never expected them to be 'khoon khoon hota hai' types of people and maybe they also believe they care about Mauli as much as Kunal or themselves but they obviously don't. Their actions show how selfish they are being. 

Of course in this sort of environment, with her most trusted and beloved elders constantly pressuring her in a sneaky, caring way, Mauli is going to doubt herself and her decisions. She's barely had time to think - everything is changing so quickly, there's a new development in her life every half an hour, and everyone around her is making decisions at lightning speed. Add to that a baby and the guilt and doubt attached with it not growing up with a father around. 

I don't think she actually wants Kunal back. When Radhika was shouting after Kunal left, you could tell Mauli didn't agree that they should get back together for a baby. But what seemed to stop her disagreeing expressions was Radhika saying it's Kunal duty to fulfil his responsibilities to the child because that is a logical and fair point. If only the elders would realise and express that he can do his duties without Mauli having to suffer a marriage with him. They can co-parent. Mauli doesn't need to be forced or guilted into accepting him. But she needs the space to be able to decide and act on this without everything and everyone's choices just happening at and to her. 

I don't think Mauli will stay with him, to be honest. I feel like she will leave him, either in two days with the divorce or after initially taking him back for everyone else's sake. Sooner or later, she will end up showing him the door.
Edited by kaamchorni - 5 years ago