Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meitantei-san thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
AH I am so excited for the upcoming plot.. 
This is so intriguing 
Please update soon! 
AnyaRSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Meitantei.

AH I am so excited for the upcoming plot.. 

This is so intriguing 
Please update soon! 

Lol thanks for reading😆
AnyaRSingh thumbnail

We all must pay for our sins one way or another.

~~12~~

You had met my family in dribs and drabs well the dribs and drabs I allowed you to meet. And they liked you, just like I had. It was impossible not to. You were amazing, and any person in their right mind would love you instantly.

Today was your mother's birthday, even my annoying sister was here. I pretended to be the doting perfect brother until my cheeks hurt. I hated having to listen to stories about her boring life with her boring husband, to be honest my real only one reason of being here was watching you dance. God you are beautiful, and you know exactly how to keep my attention on you without even trying.

I even let you playfully bully me into being apart of your silly play of your mothers boring life. What's so special about being a woman who married according to her parents wishes, lived an entire life under her in laws wishes, a woman who was mother for most of her life, rather than an individual. You family acts like feminist rights activists but rarely do anything to promote this. They neither seem to care about sending you to collage or enabling you with an actual career. I feel like I am really the only person in your world who thinks this much about your happiness. Also, by the way after you kissed my cheek yesterday, I had not washed it.

I let you pull me by hand and sass me. I allow you to make me dance with your annoying family. I allow it all because it makes you smile. But inwardly I feel beyond frustrated by all of it, and I need a damn break.

I go to the bathroom and splash some water on my face. But before I leave the bathroom a voice outside it stops me dead in my tracks.

"That is wonderful news, Naira will be so happy Your mother said, excitedly. Who was she talking to? I knew it was not my family I had made it clear to my father. He was not to show you or your family his face. Keerti was here, chachu and chachi were busy.

If it was unrelated to me what else could it be that would make you happy something about your dancing?

"Yes, yes thank you She said, I opened the door, scaring her a little I apologized.

"What made you so happy aunty? I ask her causally.

"I spoke to this collage, about Naira's admission and they have accepted her oh kartik I am so happy... I am confused for a minute. If your mother was going to send you to collage than why was she meeting my family?  

"But...

"I am sure you can wait a few years, that's why we wanted to meet your family so we can have an engagement, before marrying Naira, let complete her studies do you mind not telling her I don't want anyone to know this as yet... I never wanted to the earth to strike down and take away your mother more than I did at that moment in time. Sure you could study, but I wanted that to be something, you received from me after a few years of marriage. Something you told everyone I supported you doing.

"That's great I said, but I think my expression did not reflect what I said, and your mother looked at me weirdly.

"Happy birthday Akshara aunty hope this birthday is one you never forget I tell her as I walk away, and I think at the same time, can your family get more annoying?

I see my sister, talking to you. And you look at me and blush. The sooner you are married to me the sooner I don't have to entertain these boring parties. 

How do I ruin your mother's plans?

I want you, asleep in my bed at night so I could hear you sleep live that over the phone while I watched you from across the street.

I can tell you know my mood is off so rather than keep me in engaged in mindless chatter you let me be quiet and watch you as it is the only thing that sooths my soul.

"Are you ok? You ask me when we are alone, I nod. You take my hand and hold it between your palms.

"You can tell me anything you know You say and look at me with those warm brown eyes and I almost cave in and tell you that, I want a black hole to suck your entire family out of our lives. But from past experience with my father and his wh**e I knew that was just wishful thinking.

"I am just feeling a bit tired I say choosing word carefully, I couldn't really say I was drained by your blood sucking family.

"Please tell me You persist, I shake my head, and you do not probe further.

You let me wallow in my misery over your mothers attempts to keep us apart for years to come.

My irritating sister even notices my black mood and as I walk her to her car. Her chattering stops.

"Kartik what is it? She asks me, and I shrug it off hoping she will just leave then I can as well. I need to think. And I can barely do that around you.

"I have been noticing you were quiet upset... I pull my hand away from Keerti and look at my watch.

"Go home already Aditya is probably waiting for you I say a little harsher than I normally would.

"That was... Keerti starts to say but pauses, my head hurts and the words are out of my mouth before I can stop them.

Keerti isn't looking at me she is looking at something over my shoulder, I turn and see you there and rub my forehead, with the pads of my fingers, you are holding a packet of painkillers in your hand and bottle of water.

You slowly walk over to me after keerti excuses herself and leaves.

"Here You say handing me a tablet then the bottle of water which I take.

You don't say anything or ask me anything you just come into my arms when I ask you for a hug.  

{}{}{}

You are sitting across from me. We are about to have lunch at some caf. I had managed to steal an hour away from work. And asked to see you. I half hate these little holes in the wall you always chose because of the crappy way they make food. Filled with oil and other heart disease inducing ingredients. But I pretend I love it, because I like seeing you smile. I guess later on I will slowly show you the way by choosing where we should eat ultimately.

Your hand is in mine, and you are sipping a milkshake quietly. You look like an angel, you are wearing jeans and an oversized sweater that, droops down the side of your shoulder. Leaving the column of you neck exposed. I can not lean in and press my lips against your pulse point on your neck no matter how much you damn well seem to be inviting me.

It doesn't seem to matter that you are with me, lots of other men stare at you. Which sets a bad taste in my mouth. But you are oblivious to the attention you draw. The only person you look at in that way is me. And I love it!

That's when it happens, like a domino effect, some idiotic waiter carrying way too many items on a tray trips, and the result piping hot coffee falls on your hand. You cry out, and I am out of my chair.

Your little hand, turns red and I see red.

"I am sorry mam... The waiter begins to say but I have him by his collar.

"Can you not look and walk? I ask him, he is a kid, he has pimples all over his face. I would have hit, if you, did not wrap your arms around me and stop me.

"It was a mistake, Kartik don't be angry at him I stare at him and let him go not before I take not of his name. Puneet on his shirt. He apologizes again and goes and brings a wet towel for you. You are not even the slightest bit mad at him. You calmly tell him not to worry and that you are ok. But I am not you.

If apologies worked there would be no need for the police.

"Are you still angry? You ask me, I force a smile on and shake my head. You don't say anything just ask for the bill and leave hand in hand with me.

I take you to your car we came in. Because it had looked like it would rain. I cannot stop looking at your still burned hand. And I cannot shake of my anger the way you did.

"I just need to use the washroom, don't leave the car... I excuse myself and go back into the caf.

I can see the kid wiping a table, and I go over to the manager. Who is some pompous looking asshole who looks like he has a stick up his ass.

I grab him by the back of his neck and turn him around, my expression is so cold that I can see the open fear in his eyes from it.

I punch him so hard he falls on the floor. How dare he hurt you. He heaves, and the rest of the people at the restaurant stare at me.

I raise my hand to hit him again, but you are there in front of me stopping me.

You do not look at me, you calmly tend to the kid. And it just makes me angrier.

"Naira... I say, after you apologize to the kid and drag me outside.

"Who are you? You say, you look at me with this strange look of confusion in your eyes.

"I am...

"You act normal one moment and then you do something like that, It was a mistake he never hurt me on purpose, why would you do that? You say, and that's precisely why his still breathing. I think but do not say out loud.

"I am sorry... I say, your eyes glitter and you look away. I reach out for you and you try and push me away, but I hold you and you let me after a few minutes.

You say nothing on the way home I can tell you are angry at me.

Still.

And that makes me go back to the caf after we part. I make a polite suggestion to the manager, about how it is better to hire trained people rather than kids.

An eye for an eye.

{}{}{}

I spend the next few day's in doggy house as the westerners call it. You make excuses to be away from me. And spend lots of time thinking. Your mother I am able to keep so busy at work that she barely even remembers your college acceptance. That buys me time, to somehow botch it up.

It is a late Friday afternoon while I am at work, wondering how I can end up in your good graces again, when the police show up. I never liked them, much not when I was a teenager not now. But I knew it when I was f**ked, and I could tell I was. As they walked towards me.  

"Kartik Goenka you are under arrest   

Meitantei-san thumbnail
Okay, i was not expecting for Naira to see him in that form 
But damn, i am so excited 
I had been wondering how you would take Akshara's death 
Please update soon! 
AnyaRSingh thumbnail

Okay, i was not expecting for Naira to see him in that form 

But damn, i am so excited 
I had been wondering how you would take Akshara's death 
Please update soon! 

there is only two more chapters thank u so much for always giving me feedback ura ⭐️
AnyaRSingh thumbnail

10 years ago

My chachu, Akhil had gotten married a little after my father's remarriage. Dadi had thought it would be best that she chose his future wife rather than letting him fall in love and elope the way my father and Suwarna had. It was quiet amusing watching dadi constantly berating Suwarna during those wedding preparations and watching my father say nothing in her defence. Priyanka masi was right to some extent if you want to get your enemy you have to be close to them. But I came home only during vacations, I could only handle seeing my father fornicate with her in short periods at a time before the nausea became unbearable. I think seeing my chachi give birth to a daughter, Suwarna became rather jealous seeing how fondly dadi cared for her and after three unfortunate miscarriages, I wondered why my father did not just get her neutered or something if not her mental health for all of ours as well. He could barely care for two children how was he going to care for three?

Suwarna had told my father about how at school I had hurt another student. A rumour by the way, My, masi had thought me better by this time. I was not sloppy, I had just suggested the boy had been seeing another boy's girlfriend. A possessive one mind you and watched them all self-destruct on their own. But she had overheard one of my conversations and understood what I was doing. My father of course silenced her, he would never believe a word against me.

So, my little cousin Mansi, was a third-degree clinger from birth, She would cry for eyons and my aunt thought it was therapeutic for babies to cry like that many a time I would go into the nursery and just hold her to shut her up, tired of the crying, but she would catch onto my shirts and never let go. As she got older if she had nightmares, she would come to sleep by me, rather than her parents because my chachi was the type not to entertain those sorts of things. She would not allow her candy, so I would let her have as much as she wanted, I was against refusing someone something. I felt it made them more gluttonous than anything. Mansi was not allowed friends, so she spent most of her time with me. Keerti was always out with friends to busy to even notice the poor little ignored child. So, by the age of five, there was little I could do without two pig tails following me in steed. And the storms of tears that came when I left for boarding. I hated such hero worship to some extent but that summer when I had come home, Suwarna had managed to hide the fact she was six months pregnant, this time. And she boy was she smug she would have the baby this time. It was around that time I noticed Mansi had developed a weird taste for hurting things. She was turning 6 that summer and I had been the first one she had shown, what she had done to the dog she had begged me to get for her. Which I had lied to everyone and brought into the house. She had cut up its little body into little pieces.

"What on earth have you done? I asked her, her my hands shaking, trying to ignore the rancid spell of rotting flesh as bile rose up to my throat.

"I was making a puzzle bhai of Tommy She said pinking up chunks of his body further smearing the blood all over herself.

"Don't touch it I said pulling her away from it all. There was a vacant empty look in her eyes. Nothing in my life had chilled me more than looking into her eyes.

"You are never to tell anyone what you have done, swear to me you will never tell anyone!

"Anything for you bhai

I guess I should have expected the things that came afterwards but, I really did not Mansi's new thirst for blood as disturbing as it was, was getting out of control. Before the week could end, I found a frog, a bird and a rat all mutilated in a similar fashion.

And it was distracting me from my main aim of ridding myself of Suwarna's child.  

It was harder as Masi said when a woman was around 6 months pregnant. They were having a boy, she had already named him and set up the spare room as a nursery I had seen it all and found it utterly disgusting. As I was thinking of my evil plots, I heard a fight break out downstairs between my aunt and uncle.

"Surekha she needs to be sent to a therapist, that's the best we can do for her I heard my uncle say, as I walked down the steps, Mansi was standing in between them, upon seeing me she ran towards me and hid behind my legs.

"What is going on? I asked, them.

"Mansi stabbed on her fellow pupils with a scissors Chachi said hysterically, "God what have I ever done to deserve a crazy child what will my friends think of me if she goes to a mental asylum oh there is poor Surekha whose beti is in a mad house She screamed.

"We cannot ignore it she is not to come back to school without a letter from a therapist and having her behaviour reviewed

"Bhaiya please I don't want to go anywhere She begged me from behind, I eased her out from behind.

She hugged me but did not cry. There was something wrong with her. She lacked normal human emotion. It was then I realized this. She probably just did not want to leave because she was familiar here. She knew what to expect and what to do.

"Everything will be ok I tell myself more than her.

"Nobody is going anywhere Dadi said coming out of the prayer room.

"Mansi beta why did you stab that boy? She asked Mansi, who turned in my arms towards her.

"He said that bhai was ugly She wrapped her arms around dadi and looked solemnly at me. I remembered vaguely when I had left Mansi at her kindergarten, the kids all starring at me. I was used to it, Mansi had told me numerous times that all the girls there wanted to marry me.   

"I cannot stand anyone saying anything against bhai he is everything for me How sweet, innocent adoration, turning fatal. I guess after that there was no talk of a therapist until, one morning on a Saturday, it was my birthday, and I never really celebrated them or anything, but I had been given a gift by mansi. She had left her marbles on the stair case, just before Suwarna had descended the stairs making her fall. And causing her fourth miscarriage, Mansi had told me late that night when she had crawled under my covers that she had heard Suwarna speak of how when her baby would be born, I would be kicked out.

It was an unusual sibling love between the both of us. I was her best friend, allowing her to fly when her mother often clipped her wings. We had a mutual respect for our differences. I thought Mansi to somewhat curb her appetite, while she had thought me of all the best ways to inflict pain on a human. It was not something I really enjoyed but I listened to more so because it was the only time when her dead eyes lit up.

My masi called her my puppy and for all purposes she was my puppy.

{}{}{}

Now

I knew it when someone did not believe me. Masi had thought me how to read people, and the police officer did not believe anything I said. Guru ma had woken up. Masi would have slapped me if she knew how sloppy I had become. It was because of you, I was so obsessed with you that I barely paid attention to what I was doing, and I had gotten my hands dirty. I was not a murderer that's why I had f**ked up, I should have consulted with someone had knowledge in these things. Why had I not spoken to Mansi. My sweet sick little cousin? Well because I knew that, she would probably do all the dirty work for me. And I wanted to do it all for you. To show you what I could do for you because I love you so damn much.

"Look Mr Goenka, I need to understand why the victim has labelled you as her attacker? He asked me for the 29th time.

"She has a head injury right that could be fogging her memory up she must be making a mistake He sighs. As I give the same answer I gave every time he asked me this.

"Take us through your day... I began explaining the same boring thing I told them again and again. I was about 3 hours in when a primed suited lawyer walked in and handed the officer a document.

"Let us leave mr Goenka pure hearsay isn't enough to convict a man of murder, especially that of a woman whose been a coma for months, also to clarify before going any further and you detectives waste your time investigating into my client, he has an alibi, he was with his cousin at that time, Mansi Goenka He said, I stood up and held out my hands for them to uncuff me. When it was done, I walked out slowly.

I wanted to see you. You must know I am here but, where are you? Why are you not here? I smiled as my little cousin stood outside the police station, wearing a short black dress with three-inch heeled boots.

She was only 15, but her lifeless eyes still chilled me to the bone.

"Thauji heard you were arrested, and mentioned a few things so as soon as I heard I phoned the family lawyer and came home She said, "This is so unlike you bhai, you would never do something like this well this publicly

Even Mansi knew I was being sloppy.

"I have fallen in love I told her, and she nodded. As we got into the car.

"That is wonderful news bhai, I would love to meet her Mansi said, I looked at the file the lawyer gave me as I spoke to Mansi.

"You will soon I promise.

"I have taken care of the person laid charges against you bhai, she was incredibly loud, trying every trick in the book to try and make me stop, they will never find the body Mansi said, casually with slight annoyance. Ahh Mansi had taken care of the dragon for me. What a relief. She was amazingly intelligent in covering up her tracks.

That's when I notice who had laid the charges against me for assault.

Akshara Singhania. 

Edited by AnyaRSingh - 5 years ago
Meitantei-san thumbnail
Ah, this is so great! 
I just love how you have shaped the characters with a background and a past 
All of these people, Kartik, Mansi, Gayu and everyone, have some history, that makes them who they are 
I love how well structured your story is and i love how you have written it 
Please update soon, i am so intrigued 
AnyaRSingh thumbnail

Ah, this is so great! 

I just love how you have shaped the characters with a background and a past 
All of these people, Kartik, Mansi, Gayu and everyone, have some history, that makes them who they are 
I love how well structured your story is and i love how you have written it 
Please update soon, i am so intrigued 

Hehe the end is close😆
thank u so much for reading it
AnyaRSingh thumbnail

Naira

1 week earlier

How did this happen to me?

I had been fed stories of prince charming as a child by father, he had promised me one day a handsome prince would come and carry me away to our happily ever after. I thought these very stories had died with me the day I had left my family and became Tina, but you changed that.

Every wall I raised you broke. You torpedo-ed into my life showing me right from wrong. Helping me find my mother if I had not met you would I even have met her?

You changed my life. You were my prince charming. The first man I ever looked at in that way.  My best friend, my world, my everything. Unlike the others who lied to me and hurt me constantly you were different when I fell you picked me up. You wanted to protect me the girl who had so many walls up in order to protect herself, you wanted to protect me.

But it was all a lie wasn't it.

A lie I let myself embrace.

You were not prince charming.

You were someone else, someone much darker, someone much more sinister. Perhaps I had always known maybe that's why I took as long as I did to trust you. And even now I still am unsure about who you are?

You were sweet, kind, attentive and you loved me. But there were times, I felt you when you were with my family you wished you could be anywhere but here, but you always masked it and I thought I had imagined it. Just like I thought I had imagined, seeing the anger in your eyes at the waiter.

You hurt someone. You physically hurt someone. For a mistake...

Who are you? Are you the prince my father always told me would one day come into my life and whisk me away, or are you someone more sinister?

{}{}{}

My thoughts about you plague me.

"Naira why have you not eaten anything? Mama said, as I sat in my room on the floor with my back against the wall. My appetite had left me ever since I had seen you like that. I never seen you so angry before like that...

"I am not hungry I say softly, Mama sits down next to me.

"What's wrong Naira? Mama ask's me, I say nothing as my eyes water. She looks at all the paper frogs I had made absent-mindedly.

"Did you have a fight with Kartik? She asked me, I remained silent as she picked up one of the paper frogs. "You tend to make these the most then...

I leaned against her with my head on her shoulder and a tear ran down my cheek.

"I used to cry like this a lot when your father did something to upset me She said gently touching the back of my head as she ran her fingers through my long hair.

"But papa, is... the best I trailed off as I pulled away and looked at her.

"You know him as your papa, but he was my husband before that and he made mistakes, people make mistakes its basic human nature Mama said, touching my cheek and wiping my eyes.

"With time you understand people more, Naira, everyone is not what they seem, but if you love them, you truly love them you would accept every part of them

Mama was right, love was encompassing right!

"Nobody is perfect She said smiling.

"And it is never too late to change she finished off.

{}{}{}

I want to go to you. To look you in your eye and tell you I love you. But I don't know if I have it in me to accept every part of you as yet and I don't want to hurt you.

So, I keep away from you.

I do other things, like help Mishti with her homework and watch tv. I am avoiding having to think that my prince charming is not charming after all.

I am so sorry.

I don't wear your ring any more. Not because I don't love you but because it makes me think about you more than anything.

{}{}{}

"Naira something has happened Gayu di said holding my hands, I stare at her hands holding mine. Everyone knows whatever it is. I can tell as they all look at me with concern.

"What is it? I ask her.

"Kartik was arrested today! I feel this sick sinking feeling in my stomach and my knees weaken. I feel someone, maybe Naksh I am not to sure hold me by my arms.

"What was he arrested for? I ask, as my eyes begin to water, and before it blurs, I swear I see a weird expression of almost relief in Gayu's eyes before she hides it.

"Guru ma said he attacked her, so they charged him with attempted murder I feel Naksh gently place me on a sofa. "She gave a statement to the police, so today at work Kartik was arrested

"There must be some mistake, we all know Kartik he is not that kind of person Everyone starts defending you but me. I remain silent and so does Gayu di. I look at my hands on my lap. And I think about the anger I saw in your eyes. The sheer violence in your eyes that scared me. But this...

I don't realize I am half shaking until someone hands me a glass of water and I am barely able to hold it.

"She must be in shock, Naksh why done we go to the police station and go get Kartik released...

I want to see you so badly I run out of the house before anyone can say anything to me. I go straight to my car and get inside. This has to be a lie right? Before I can leave my drive way, there is a woman blocking my way.

She gets off her car. She looked to be in her mid-40s I honk at her to move, but she just casually removes her sunglasses and stares at me.

"Are you Naira? She calls out my name, I nod from my car. She scrunches up her nose as she looks at me.

"Well the least you can do is get out of the car to greet your boyfriends mother She says. She was Kartik's mother?

Why was she here?

"I am Kartik's mother She said, then grimaced, "Step mother She said, I got of the car and went to her.

"Hello, aunty...K-Kartik is in trouble I said, she seemed to have not heard me, and just stared at me with a dead look in her eyes.

Not before giving my entire outfit a once over.

"Kartik is a big boy, he will sort his own problems out he always has She said, reaching out and pushing my hair behind my ear. I flinched at the touch of her cold hands on my ear.

"I need to go... Before I can move, she has my wrist, in an iron clad grip.

"Soon as I heard Kartik has fallen in love, I knew I had to meet you, I had to warn you about him, he is a spiteful boy if anything doesn't go his way, he manipulates everything to go in his favour, he caused a lot of problems between his father and I, his father turns a blind eye to his antics, but he is a monster, he will ruin your family like he ruined ours, you will never be happy with him. If they have him in jail, he will probably be out before the day even ends. And I guarantee you whatever it is he is being accused of I am 100 percent sure he did it

"Kartik...

"If you want to save your family break up with him

I shook my head, no...

"Kartik killed my baby his brother my unborn son, ask him about that then you will know the truth

I hate myself more with every step I take back towards the house, wanting to badly to turn around and go to you.

{}{}{)

I knew you would come to see me. As soon as you were be released. And there you were on the other side of my room. The ring you had given me was in my palm, burning almost.

You were dishevelled, you walk towards me, but I hold up my hand to stop you. My double bed stands between us.  If you came near me, I would become weak, I would wrap my arms that ached to hold you instantly around you and never want to let you go.

"Naksh told me since you heard of my arrest you wouldn't come out of your room because you were worried... You started off, I did not tell anyone anything. No, I would wait for Mama to come home.

But I had to do this before. She came home. Before everything changed.

"Did you kill your brother? I ask you, and you say nothing you just stare at me. I feel shock hit me like a tsunami. Why were you not denying it?

"I wish I could lie to you You say, and I feel sick.

"I want to break up I say, you stare at me with this expression I cannot quiet place, yet it breaks my heart all the more, so I avoid looking up at you. You open your mouth to say something, but you do not. You do not defend yourself. You give me no excuse. And deep down I hoped you would shout at the top of your lungs for me to change my mind. Just ask me once to stay and I would but you did not. Your eyes are on my hands you see I no longer am wearing your ring and you know what it means.

I keep my eyes on my white rabbit which you eye as well.

You lift your hand and rake your hair roughly backwards, its something you always did. A little nervous tick I had always found cute. You turn around.

"Take this I say, holding out the ring. You stare at it.

"Keep it

"I don't want to I say, you walk towards me, slowly, until you are a few feet away from me, I can smell your cologne, and it makes this all the harder.

"Throw it away then You say, coming closer to me, I reach out and push the ring into your hand, but you let it fall to the floor, it goes under my bed. You reach out and grab me by the back of my head until my face is inches away from yours, you stare at me, while I look away at the door you had left wide open.

"I love you You say to me.

"I know I reply it is not what you want to hear we both know that, you let me go, I exhale, and you take a step backwards. And turn and leave. My knees give out and I fall to the floor. My chest hurt so badly I could barely breath. I held my hand over it.

Edited by AnyaRSingh - 5 years ago
butterfly45 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Soo intense. Naira knowing what he is still accepting but knowing he killed a baby backing out. Omg !!! Can't wait for next chapter.