Kaira FF- 17 THE END updated - Page 3

Posted: 5 years ago
Originally posted by .Meitantei.

This chapter just made me.. so emotional 
I mean.. its so clear that Naira is going through a rough time and misses Kartik
I am actually glad you added Kiran 
I wanted to see a track with him 
Does this mean that Kartik is still following Naira? 
Please update soon 
I know that i keep saying the same thing, that i am intrigued, but i really mean it, i promise 

Kartik is crazy๐Ÿ˜† he wont stop doing all the weird shit he was doing from before

Hehe i am glad u are enjoying it ahh we have reached the end one last chapter left after 16
Originally posted by butterfly45

The story line is very engaging. Naira struggle is so well portrayed. And I like the fact how everyone moves in life not noticing Naira is struck there, it is the same in the show, everyone cares for her, but only kartiK can move the world to make her happy.
Now just hope they both meet and Kartik finally confesses everything to naira 

I'm a fan of Ur witing, I do read a lot of fanfiction, but it's just engages the reader, very intense,๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

thank u ๐Ÿ˜Š so much for reading and finding the story good
Originally posted by halley66

loved the update dear . Thanks .

tq for reading๐Ÿ˜Š

NAIRA

Time stands still. As we stare at each other. You are wearing a black suit, with a white shirt. Your hands are in your pockets. You are you but not you at the same time. You no longer have that soft beaming love in your eyes when you look at me. Your expression is different you look at me with an expression I could not entirely fathom. Was this really you? Was I hallucinating?

My heart screams at me to run to you, wrap my arms around you and ask you to never let me go ever.

One of the other customers blocks my view of you. And when I stand up, change my position you are gone. My copy of Wuthering Heights gets left behind at the caf.

I go home rather than go back to the studio. Terrified of my weakness... I feared seeing you again, talking to you would make me forget why I chose for us not to be together.

Dadi and badi dadi ask me why I am back so early I lie that I do not feel well. They hover over me as I lie in bed, tucked under my covers.

Papa is home for the weekend, and after hearing about my sickness. He comes to my bedroom. I pretend to be asleep.

"Naira barely smiles anymore Dadi told him.

"Akshara left us, it will take her time to heal Papa said, she could hear him pacing.

"It is more than that... Dadi said.

"If you are talking about her breaking up with Kartik, we should respect her decision. She is an adult she should know how to choose between right and wrong Papa said.

"She is still a child Naitik, she has no idea how much work a relationship needs, especially when it is one of love, you don't just give up the second you find out something you don't like about the other person, love is supposed to change a person... Dadi said.

"These things are learned with time ma, I feel Naira, has been trying to see Kartik, she asked for her studio to be in a building his father owns Papa said, I peeked at him standing near my window looking out of it.

"Naira has not been seeing Kartik, she never smiles like she did when she saw him...  Dadi said.

"If they don't make up then I will find another boy for Naira, just not right now Papa's words made me feel sick.

"You really are blind Naitik, Naira is in love with Kartik replacing him will not work Dadi said walking out. I felt Papa touch my head before leaving my room a few minutes later. I went near my window and opened the double pane wide. I leaned outside, allowing the breeze to ruffle my hair and closed my eyes. I feel the hairs on the back of my neck raise, and I feel as if I am being watched. I rub my neck and step back inside, earlier I had changed into a short sleeved white nightdress. I went to my bed and laid down. Dadi's words kept running over in my head. Love changes a person...

You don't give up...

Was I too weak in choosing to leave you? Why had I broken up with you the reasons why I had become hazier and hazier with time. Another reason why I was terrified of seeing you what if you never forgave me for leaving you? Little things pile up in my head and I am scared.

{}{}{}

I woke up late the next morning. I make up a decision in my mind. Well I did yesterday. I would tell my family the truth about my dancing.

Papa asked me about dancing, sooner than I thought he would.

"I don't want to do the contest I say, everyone at the table stops talking. Dada ji and dadi and badi dadi all stare at me with worried expressions.

"But you have been practising so hard

"I haven't I have been lying to you all I am sorry, I have not even been practising I say, I blink, and a tear runs down my cheek.

"Where have you been going all day? Dadi asked.

"Have you been with Kartik? Papa asked, with wide eyes.

"No... I said, he looked away. "I would go there and do nothing... I said.

They did not say much to me, I went back to my room. And stayed there and would have stayed there longer had Dadi not come looking for me.

"Naira, you have not eaten all day, please just eat a little

"I don't feel so good I told her, she patted my head and left.

{}{}{}

"Mishti, are you sure that that is the craft stores name? I asked her, over the phone. As I walk around the mall trying

"Yes Di, only at that store will you get silver chart paper I nodded and hung up. I guess everyone was teaming up to get me out of the house, after I had decided to never leave my house again. Because of the fear of meeting you again. And the overwhelming need of me wanting to be with you. I had started thinking about you again, I gave myself permission since I had seen you because, after seeing you. I knew all I had been doing my trying to keep you out of my mind was make things harder. Because I had been trying to see you even though I had been forcing myself to ban you out of my mind.

I missed my mother so much, I wished she would tell me what I should do. What I should have done?

I walked in a circle. Before deciding to ask the guard, who pointed me to the steps and stated it was on the level right at the top.

I go up a narrow dark stair case, and I feel strange as I make it to the very top. There is an old-fashioned archway, and a door. I push on the heavy metal and it gives away easily.

The other side is pitch black I refrain from entering because I know better, from horror movies. I turn around, but I feel an fingers on my wrist, the lights come on and its you. You are wearing a navy-blue suit, and a white shirt. You don't smile at me.

And my legs feel like jelly.

"Hello Naira You say, your usually messy hair, is elegantly sleeked upwards, and everything about you screams money. Your eyes run over my mustard sun-dress, that comes around my knees, paired with a pair of black heeled pumps back to my face.

"Hi I say surprised at how even my voice is. The room/floor you have summoned me to has nothing at all in it.

The sheer bareness of it all doesn't scare me at all. Nor do you, because I was never scared of you. I was scared of the things you did to other people. People you did not like.

"I did not want us to meet like this, I was waiting for you to come to me You say, your hand touching my cheek. "On your own...

"I was... I want to lie and deny that every cell in my body did not want you to just pull me into your arms. But I do not I remain silent.

"Do you enjoy this You ask me, pressing my palm flat against your chest. So that I can feel your heart beat against my palm. "Causing me pain here? Every second I have to spend without you It feels like I will die... I try to pull my hand away very lightly and could have probably but feeling your heart beat left me motionless.

"Why don't you just kill me? You ask me your eyes darken, "Why don't you just damn kill me, it would be better, than hearing all about your father finding a boy for you, what have you decided that you will get married now... You are angry, so angry. And to hear you talk about dying terrifies me. The thought of a world in which you did not exist shakes me to the core.

"That isn't true, how would you know that? I ask, you blink a few times before you say anything.

"I am working with my father now Naira I hear things constantly

"You heard wrong, my father never told me anything like that

"This is not something I would hear wrong You say, and your shoulders slum in evident pain.

"I am sorry I say I mean it I never meant to cause you pain I love you so much, you say nothing. You press your forefinger and thumb against your forehead. You have a head ache again.

"Your sorry will not cut it You say, your arm snakes around my waist and you pull me into your body. I do not fight you. As I feel you lean down and inhale the scent of my hair.

"Naira... You say.

"No I whisper, you let me go. I feel cold almost as you step away from me.

"Should have used it like Mansi had said I should I can hear you say but I am unsure I heard right.

"Go, you are not ready yet You say, without looking at me, "I will wait...

"Kartik, I broke up with you, because I know what you did I tell you tears fill my eyes as the words tumble out of my mouth, and my voice shakes. Along with my entire body, dadi's word also echo in my head along with my mothers. Love can change a person. "You are not a good person, you hurt other people and you don't care I say, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand. "I broke up with you because I was scared, not for myself but scared for the people around me, scared you would hurt them.

"But I am far more scared of what will happen to you if you hurt them, I am scared for you, you loosing yourself and becoming someone who can never be redeemed. I don't want you to be a bad person, I don't want you to do bad things, promise me if we are going to be together, you will change...

You reach out and again I am pressed against your chest and unlike the last time I feel everything about it. Your heart beating against my ear, the warmth emanating from your body. The subtle scent of your perfume. And the feel of your arms around me. Your arms are around be so tight I can barely breath.

"I will do anything for you Naira You say against my hair.

{}{}{}

We lay down the rules of our new relationship.

1.       I will never look at another man. You say this one doesn't apply to you because you don't look at men anyway. I stare at you and you laugh and say I swear I won't look at other girls.

2.       I ask you to never keep secrets from me, you nod and say that if I ask you anything, you will always tell me the truth.

3.       You will always do as I say, you say that if its reasonable then you will do as I say which I concede to.

4.       You ask me to marry you. I say yes. I will. You lift me up into your arms, and you say that I had my chance now you will never let me go. Ever.

You later tell me that your father owns the mall, and you had asked Mishti to have me come here. I ask you if you are trying to kill me? Considering the whole setting was kind of creepy you laugh it off and say you were more afraid I would hit you, so you did not want anyone else to see it and lay charges against me.

I feel there is some other reason, but I don't ask you.

I ask you what you would do if I got engaged to try and lighten the mood, you joke you would have killed the guy, but I stare at you and you say what too soon?

I nod, and things get a little awkward.  

We lay on the floor, you ask me not to ask you anything and I don't. We just stay together the rest of the afternoon. And almost half the night. You take me home late that night everyone in my family is waiting. But when they see you with me their anger vanishes and your return in our lives is celebrated.

You spend a while with my father telling him about projects you are working on, and stocks. It is almost dawn when you leave. You wink at me as you go. And that too in very expensive chauffeured car.

{}{}{}

The next few weeks of my life, fly by like a whirlwind. Our wedding date gets set. And you tell me things.

"I despise my father and his wife You say one evening after sneaking into my bedroom. And you lay under my cover with your chest pressed against my back and your hand woven through the gap of my neck and securely snaked around me.

"He is an arrogant snob, I have no idea why he is arrogant really when he is the one who was screwing his secretary while still being married to my mother You say with bitterness.

You kiss the top of my head.

"Why did you go off to work with him? I ask you.

You remain silent for a few minutes.

"Suwarna ruined poisoned our relationship so I was going to poison hers by getting close to my father You said.

"Don't do it I tell you, I turn around and your face is inches from mine. You stare into my eyes without looking away, but I can tell you are struggling.

"An eye for an eye will make the world go blind I tell you, touching your cheek.

"But they ruined... I shook my head.

"No I told you, you remained silent.

"I will move out again then You say.

"The wedding is soon, our families...

"If you want me to not hurt anyone Naira, I have to leave that house You say, and I am proud of you.

"I love you I tell you.

"I love you more You say.

{}{}{}

Your masi poisoned you, as our wedding get closer, I can tell. She controlled you and used you like a weapon. She hates me I know this because, she has this fake smile plastered on her face whenever we converse.

I can not fake my dislike towards her but seeing how much you loved her made stop myself from out right calling her out for being an evil manipulative bitch.

You tell me about her lessons. And that's when I have had it. It is our Mehendi night and I chose this day to tell her what I wanted to.

"I want you to leave I tell her, when she sits next to me to draw a little on my hand. I pull my hand away not allowing her to touch my mehendi.

"It's my nephews wedding why should I leave? She ask's me, putting the cone down, her elegance was such a falsehood. She was a vile human underneath all the pomp.

"If I ask Kartik to choose he will choose me I tell her, she half smirks.

"This doesn't suit you dear, You are Kartik's little lamb, you shouldn't be threatening anyone you should leave that to others

"You ruined Kartik's life, I don't want to ever see you near him ever again I warned her, she looked away.

"No, my dear you are ruining my plans hence I guess I have to do this, do you know Mansi? She asks me, I nod. Mansi is your little cousin, she adores you. She was pinned next to you across the hall we were in. she was slightly off but her love for you made me like her instantly.

"She does anything Kartik wants her to do you know... She said, that was true there was little Mansi wouldn't do for you.

"What are you trying to say? I ask her cutting her off. Because I just wanted her gone. And I could tell whatever she was going to tell me would be horrible.

"She killed your mother

thanks for the update . 
This surpasses all Ur previous chapters. I just loved every bit of it๐Ÿ‘
The cliff hanger was awesome. Loads of love to u for giving us such amazing writing
Originally posted by halley66

thanks for the update . 

thank you for reading๐Ÿ˜Š
Originally posted by butterfly45

This surpasses all Ur previous chapters. I just loved every bit of it๐Ÿ‘
The cliff hanger was awesome. Loads of love to u for giving us such amazing writing

๐Ÿ˜†I try to write ... thank u so much for reading and appreciating your comments mean the world to me๐Ÿ˜Š 

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

I thank you all for reading this and supporting me in writing this. I had not written in a while so i am so happy to see the life this one took. 

I am glad you all have enjoyed this. 

And i hope the ending does not disappoint.

17. THE END

2 months ago

KARTIK

"If I ever seen Naira with someone else again, I will kill them I tell Mansi who reading a gothic novella on my bed. Kiran's phone was on my desk, he had a flashy blue phone. That kept going off every three minutes. Why were you even friends with someone as promiscuous as him? I had been watching you wallow in misery, I guess it was kind of comforting seeing you as miserable as I was. I grabbed Kiran's phone and threw it against the wall. It broke into three pieces I picked them up and shoved them into a box in my wardrobe. Getting rid of him had been easiest thing I had ever done, I just broke his arm, he had promised me he would never show you his face again. He had not even taken his phone with him as he ran away. You had sent Kiran three texts, asking him if he was ok. Why did you care so much? Did this mean you were forgetting me rather than constantly thinking of me? Did I miscalculate this?

"Bhai, I went back to the market... Mansi said, she really enjoyed going out to the dark markets in town. Where you could purchase drugs, weapons, prostitutes, any thing illegal for that matter. My first matter of business had been getting back my credit cards in working order after I came home. I told my father I wanted to join his company. Suwarna had been crushed by the fact I had come home. It was quiet satisfying toying with her. Toying with telling my father she had taken you away from me. She slowly began falling in my father's eyes. Just as Masi had said little things, become huge in marriages.  Little things were fun, like claiming Suwarna touched stuff in my bedroom. She wanted to know if I was still with you. Because I gave nothing away. Dadi on the other hand was impatient to meet you. She said if I did not bring you soon, she would combust possibly. Dadi was just excited by the thought of me getting married. Not so much meeting you.

"You shouldn't be going out with that crowed Mansi, we only went there once to buy someone stupid enough to take the fall for your idiocy I said I was reminded of our initial reason for ever going there. Buying someone to take the blame for Mansi's crime and to cover up Akshara Singhania's murder.

"How was I supposed to know you have gone soft Bhai, she was going to never let you marry Naira Bhabi what was I supposed to do? Mansi said sounding bored, even Masi thought I had gone soft. I had let you get to me.

"Let me deal with it, I am your older brother after all I reminded her.

"Bhai well you dealt with it in the end but listen to me, I went to party and they were talking about this new medicine, they use on people it induces memory loss, I say buy yourself a steady dose give them to bhabi and you two can live happily ever after Mansi said, she pulled tablet holder and left it on my bedside table.

"She will forget you two ever broke up, you can tell her whatever you want, it will be like this fight never existed Mansi finishes off. I shake my head. No, I will never do that to you.  

"I will not do that, Naira will choose me I tell Mansi, she rolls her eyes. I know you will you just need a push.

"Masi said she wants to see you before you take over your new position She said, I nod and put Mansi's tablets away in my drawer.

"Oh, and these are for Taiji She said, laughing as she gave them to me.

"What are these?

"Hallucinogens, they make the person who takes them imagine things, they are the kind to create episodes, and in drug tests they are untraceable

"Put them in her food I said, Mansi laughs.

"I already have, you know in those meal replacements she takes Mansi laughed, I half smiled. But I missed you too much too fully smile at my step mother being drugged.

"See those markets are really informative bhai

"You will not go alone ever again I tell her she nods and hugs me.

"You know bhai, I can take care of myself She said I had no doubt my little puppy could look after herself, but I was not comfortable letting her out on her own with her volatile temper.

"I worry about everyone else I tell her, she laughs, she has that weird look in her eyes again. Even though all her actions resemble a normal human, but I know its more a learned mask she has she really doesn't care about anything.

Besides me.

{}{}{}

I see you, in a cafe. Well this is the first time you see me. I have seen you, multiple times, but meeting your eyes is different. Watching you from across your street. You are reading wuthering heights. An intelligent read. I have no idea why I have those damn tablets in my pocket. I run my fingers over the lid. The thought of having you look at me with hero worship in your eyes is incredibly enticing. And I have trouble in deciding between wanting you to accept me as I am. Or inducing your acceptance.

Someone blocks my view of you and I hide behind a pillar, you are outside on the road in seconds. You look for me frantically. Before stopping and your eyes water. You leave. You are still in love with me. I go back to the office in a far lighter mood. I sit threw six meetings with a light smile on my face. My father has not come to work at all this week. He is tending to Suwarna, with her new-found illness.

{}{}{}

"I followed her father like you asked me to, he was asking someone if there were any nice boys, he could introduce Naira too I turned around, and I went to my mirror I picked up my hair brush and threw it at full force at my mirror.

"Bhai Mansi said, hugging me from behind. I cannot control the anger I feel at the thought of you with someone else. You are mine. Mine. Mine. Mine.

"I will kill anyone that tries to take Naira from me I tell her, she nods.

"Bhai you always tell me killing isn't the answer it just makes things messier She reminds me, yes it does. You have to deal with a body, you need an excuse and how many times can I use my kid cousin before people get suspicious? And you had not phoned me, or even looked for me after seeing me again. Instead you went back into hibernation. Away from me.

The file I was looking at was on the floor, Mansi picked it up.

"Get her to come here, then tie her up and shove these down her throat Mansi said, holding up a deserted floor in Ballpit mall, which was owned by my father.

"You control the cameras and security there, tauji gave you complete control over there

"What if she forgets ever meeting me? What if there are side effects? I ask Mansi, Mansi pouts.

"I paid a lot for them don't worry nothing will happen to Naira bhabi, and if she forgets you just make her fall in love with you all over again as for the side affects you just give her one a day and she will be fine even if she misses on dose its fine, The guy told me you have to miss 6 doses in a row, and on the seventh day everything comes back to you, also you cannot take it if you are pregnant it would harm a baby...

I nod. Mansi helps me with my plan and tells me about how she dealt with some unsavoury people at school at the same time. She really loved the night market.

{}{}{}

I am sorry. This is the only way we can be together. I asked Mishti to tell you to come here. I would lie later that you were in an accident and you hit your head.

When I see you, I forget about my plan, because you look at me like you used to.

And then you tell me how you are scared of me becoming a monster. You don't say it. Because you are too sweet to. You want to change me and give me another chance.

Your request is not what I struggle with, what I struggle with is the fact that you still want to be with me even after all I had done was not socially right and went against everything your family thought you. I knew you would choose me. Even when you asked me to leave, hence why I waited. I knew you would.

"I would do anything for you

{}{}{}

Our lives pick up from this point, I shove the tablets far back into my wardrobe and pull out the engagement ring I had bought you.

You already said yes, putting this on you would make it official.

We were finally going to have our happily ever after. I was so happy, spending almost every waking moment with you. It did not quake my fear that one day I would wake up and all of this would be to good to be true.

You would leave me. You would hate me.

And it started out with little things, every night rather than watching you I snuck into your bedroom and slept next to you. You asked me things, little things about my childhood about my life. You always silently listened rather than ever said anything. I never told you other things like I watched you or hacked your phone. Or spent every minute since we separated watching you afar mostly because you never asked me about our time apart. I could tell it upset you.

I told you about the fights I got into as a child. The code my Masi made me follow and how I hated my father.

I was about to tell you what I was doing with Suwarna when you silenced me.

All you did was ask me to stop. For a second it threw me completely off, you wanted me to forget what she had done. You wanted me to move on. You were an innocent you thought this is the way the world worked.

You wanted to live an idealistic life and I would ensure you did under my control. I would ensure you was always safe and happy.

So, I agreed to not harm them. I was not doing anything technically my little cousin Mansi was. Just like she had killed your mother. I had nothing to do with that. I would never do anything to you or your family. Where I drew the line in this was, I would destroy anyone else that ever tried to harm you or separate us.  

Another thing you asked me for as our wedding got closer and closer, was me to cut ties with Masi. Masi was like my mother, I told you. You told me that, you did not want her anywhere near me. You said that she did not love me. You were wrong Masi loved me. It's just that her way of loving someone was different from how I love you and you love me.

{}{}{}

"Why have I not received an invitation to your wedding Kartik? When will I meet your little lamb? Masi asked me over the phone. "Also, what is this I hear about you suddenly, going soft and not wanting to hurt your father or be involved in it She said annoyance clearly tinging her voice.

"You don't need an invite to come I said, but I half hoped she just wouldn't show up so I could please you and also not hurt her feelings. "Who said I am soft? I asked I knew it must be Mansi, she found it amusing how just having you near me calmed me down and made me forget I hated my family. She said often if she did not know any better you cast a spell over me. Mansi never could understand our relationship and how far I would go for you. I would do anything for you.

"Your little pup, you don't answer my calls, so I had to phone her. I hope all is well Kartik, I did not create a beast to destroy Manish and Suwarna for some little goody two shoes to come in and make him a prince Masi said in scathing disgust. "You better get your mind in track or I will have to come in and put you back on track like I always did when you were a child She said.

"What will you do Masi, I am a grown man now you can hardly take away tv or food from me I half joke.

"Yes, you are a man now Kartik, but I can still take the things you love away from you She said pointedly. But I am not afraid of her.

"Naira won't leave me, no matter what you do I tell her, because you would never leave me. I ask you that everyday before you sleep. And you always smile and say you won't.

"Oh, it wouldn't be a matter of what I do Kartik, it's a matter of what you have done already She said laughing.

"Mansi is hurting Suwarna, Manish is unhappy what more do you want from me honestly? I ask her.

"You should be doing it, getting revenge for your mother. Not allowing him to host a grand wedding for you while all you do is hang around your fianc like an infatuated buffoon I remember something you told me about it all. That revenge makes nobody happy. It just leaves you empty. You are my light. You give meaning to my existence.

"An eye for an eye makes the world go blind I repeat what you said to me. And masi chokes on the phone.

"Kartik, you think your sweet nave little lamb will accept you the way you are then you are a fool

"She already has, tomorrow is my Mehendi and in two days is my wedding, Masi I am very tired I need to go to bed we can discuss this some other time

{}{}{}

Where are you. Our function is almost over, and you have disappeared. Where on earth are you?

I sneak into your room after all the guests leave.

You are in the bathroom, you are washing your mehendi off.

"Shouldn't you be trying your best to keep that on as long as possible? I ask you. You look up at me and your eyes are swollen with tears. Then I see what you are doing properly you are trying fever-ently to wash my name of your hands.

I close the tap and take hold of your hands. You fight me, pushing me away and hitting me.

I let go.

"Naira what's wrong what happened? I ask you, you grab items of the counter and begin throwing them at me.

"The wedding is off, I never want to see you ever again You scream, I don't understand between all the things you throw at me. Eventually I grab you and hold down so you are unable to move.

My forehead is bleeding at the end of this.

"You murderer get off me you scream. I pause and stare at you. You know. Who told you?

"Naira listen...

"I will not listen to another lie out of your mouth, what are those things? You ask me I look in the direction of your head. and my box of stuff of yours lays scattered on your bed. "You are sick, in your head, how long have you been watching me? Sneaking up into my bedroom and stealing my things? Taking photos of me sleeping? Those letters are letters I wrote back in Switzerland you stole them, And those phones the blue one it's Kiran's right you hurt him, that's why he ran away You say trying to leave my hold but I hold you in place.

"I only did all of those things to protect you I tell you.

"To protect me? From what?

"Kiran was going to steal your dance teams moves and sell them I helped you really and did you not see the way he looked at you Naira, he made my skin crawl when he leaned into you and ran his hands all over you, you are so nave Naira you have no idea how bad men are out there, Guru Ma was abusing you, only after I helped you, you saw what happened you danced better, you flourished, I had nothing to do with your mother, Mansi did it she thought she was doing me a favour, Naira I would never hurt you or your family

"What are you going to do now kill me? You ask me when I refuse to let of my hold of you.

I take you to a chair and force you to sit on it. I use the scarf on my sherwani to tie your hands together behind the chair.

"I don't do things like this I tell you, "I am not a murderer

"Let me go Kartik, I swear to god I will hurt you so badly if you don't let me go You threaten me.

I touch your face and you flinch away from my touch.

Was this the end of us? The love I had seen in your eyes suddenly no longer seemed to exist in there. All I saw was hurt. I knew who gave you this, there was only one other person who knew about this box. And they would pay. I am sorry I couldn't keep my promise to you and be what you wanted me to be. I don't see any other way than this. I will make anyone who tries to keep us apart pay. I cannot forgive them. Children do not pay for the sins of their father in my case no they make their fathers pay for their sins.

I force you to look at me.

"I don't care what happens, I will never let you go I tell you.   

{}{}{}

Epilogue

12 months later

Naira

I am pregnant. 8 weeks that's what the doctor says, so I am on partial house arrest. Or so I have been on house arrest ever since I had a blood clot, that had made me so physically weak. It is weird living in a quiet house I was used to my family chattering constantly all day.  I pitied you -my husband- for losing so many members of your family all so fast after our marriage. Your parents and masi all in a car accident. I am sorry I don't remember any of them. And then me being so sick yet you still cared for me so much. You were practically my nurse even though I often forgot things or lost them. You never got mad at me and always loved me.

Today is your birthday, and you don't really celebrate ever. As you have told me but having me near you makes you want to. You are so sweet and kind that I cannot help but feel happy just being in the same room as you.

Everyone loved you at home, even at the hospital we went to every now and again. I asked the doctor not to tell you, so I can tell you today as your birthday gift.

I put my test results in an envelope and leave it under your pillow. So, when you wake up you find it.

I barely sleep that night in anticipation. I have these recurring dreams or nightmares are more like it. Of me being tied up to a chair and injected by someone with something.  

I wake up and feel sick again. Your head is pillowed by my hair immobilizing me. And making it impossible for me to move without waking you up.  You make a soft noise and turn against me and spoon me against your chest.

My head begins to throb, and I feel you wake up. Flashes throw me off, of me crying and you shouting at someone.

"I had the strangest dream, ahh my head hurts, I keep getting these flashes of you were screaming at someone for dropping coffee on me I laugh because you are the calmest person I ever met. Only you don't laugh you go to the table and hand me a tablet. I had been skipping them lately since I found out I was pregnant. Because I wanted to protect our baby.

I pretend to take it and you reach out and touch my cheek.

"You promise you will never leave me? You ask me, I think that after losing so many family members you feared losing me. Also, with me getting so sick so I nodded, and you pulled me back into your arms.

"Happy birthday I tell you kissing your cheek, you half smile.

I pull the envelope from under your pillow and give it to you. You smile more openly. You pull out the report and stare at the results and turn pale.

"You have to spit the pill I gave you You say to me, I shake my head.

"I haven't been taking them since I found out I tell you.

"How many days?

"6

"So tomorrow will be the seventh?

"Yes I say, reach out and make you touch my stomach.

"The baby says Happy birthday I say again. You do not return my smile.

"I am sure it will be eventful You say, with no expression. "Very eventful

~~THE END~~ 

Edited by AnyaRSingh - 5 years ago
This was a brilliant FF.
So different from any other ff I have. Loved reading about the incidents that happened from a inner Karthik" point of view :)

Hope to read more FFs like this