Popular books you don't like - Page 2

Posted: 5 years ago
Originally posted by DMGThings

Well, I have sadly read the books I don't like. FSOG is such a disaster! I hate it so much. I only read it cause my best friend loves it and she said it was good. But I couldn't like it. Ughhh.
Not only is the writing subpar, but also, problematic as shit. I don't even understand how it got published.

Another one is the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas. I haven't read all the books in it, just the first one. And while I found it pretty decent while I was reading it, I look back and see how much I'd skimmed because it is so boring! *rolls eyes*
Oh yeahhh!! I totally forgot about Throne of Glass series! First book was okay. 2 or 3 out of 5 kind. But the second book was getting good until the big death scene happened. πŸ˜³ I was too fragile to continue back thenπŸ˜† The hate was too much to bear lol. Never got back to reading it. I did try once but I was so confused about what was happening so stopped on the same page. 

Have you read Red Queen series? It is kinda popular, but another one I don't like it. The first book felt like a bad copy of hunger games (and other books that I can't think of right now). 

P.S. Your FSOG story sounds sad :[ I had a friend who tried to shove the movie on me too and I had to threaten her with the friendship to get her to shut up about it. Sometimes it feels like the series fans' are there trying to prove some point. 
Edited by Tris007 - 5 years ago
Originally posted by Ianoconic

That's the problem with me I hate to leave a book unfinished even though it's terrible. 
John Green was no better than Ravinder Singh. I so wanted to get connected to the characters so that I could relate to the story but I was neither able to relate to the characters nor the story.🀒
@bold - Torture. A question out of curiosity: does it take you longer or shorter to finish the books you force yourself through?

I haven't heard about Ravinder Singh  but his books are not giving any positive vibes right now so I think I'm doing just fine πŸ˜†
Originally posted by Tris007

Oh yeahhh!! I totally forgot about Throne of Glass series! First book was okay. 2 or 3 out of 5 kind. But the second book was getting good until the big death scene happened.😳I was too fragile to continue back thenπŸ˜†The hate was too much to bear lol. Never got back to reading it. I did try once but I was so confused about what was happening so stopped on the same page.
Have you read Red Queen series? It is kinda popular, but another one I don't like it. The first book felt like a bad copy of hunger games (and other books that I can't think of right now).
P.S. Your FSOG story sounds sad :[ I had a friend who tried to shove the movie on me too and I had to threaten her with the friendship to get her to shut up about it. Sometimes it feels like the series fans' are there trying to prove some point.

Oh. I never had the inclination to start book 2 after the first one. So now I'm the proud owner of 4 books I've never read and don't ever plan on reading. There was once a time when everyone was raving about it and everywhere I turned it was TOG TOG TOG so I got all 5 books that were out at the time.

I haven't read the Red Queen series cause I didn't find the synopsis interesting enough but I've seen many people rave about it. I'm not particularly that huge a fan of Hunger Games either so now I'm glad I didn't read those.

FSOG toh... Well, my friend didn't force me or shove the book at me, but she was always saying such good things and she shared a few quotes with me which I loved so then I decided to give it a try cause I was intrigued as to why she loved it so much. I'd previously tried it once and then stopped when the MMC started talking NDAs about sex and shit. One of my other friends had started reading with me and she continued on even after I stopped and she also loved it. So, when two of them liked it so much, I read it thinking it wouldn't be all that bad. BUT IT WAS.
Another one is Mortal Instruments. I started it so many times but stopped cause they got boring but in the end braved through the first one. And then didn't have the energy/courage to start the next. But Cassie Clare fans are everywhere and they all rave about the books so much!!

Where did you stop on The Mortal Instruments? I have so much to rant about my journey of the first three books
Did you try The Infernal Devices? It was same as TMI... disappointment at the end. Clare's build ups doesn't end in an exciting way for me. 

I'd read the first three books after repeated struggles but I couldn't put any more effort to continue after two pages of part four. 

And about The Infernal Devices? Frankly, TMI exhausted me so much that I didn't dare try any more Claire's novels.

Oh. I never had the inclination to start book 2 after the first one. So now I'm the proud owner of 4 books I've never read and don't ever plan on reading. There was once a time when everyone was raving about it and everywhere I turned it was TOG TOG TOG so I got all 5 books that were out at the time.

I haven't read the Red Queen series cause I didn't find the synopsis interesting enough but I've seen many people rave about it. I'm not particularly that huge a fan of Hunger Games either so now I'm glad I didn't read those.

FSOG toh... Well, my friend didn't force me or shove the book at me, but she was always saying such good things and she shared a few quotes with me which I loved so then I decided to give it a try cause I was intrigued as to why she loved it so much. I'd previously tried it once and then stopped when the MMC started talking NDAs about sex and shit. One of my other friends had started reading with me and she continued on even after I stopped and she also loved it. So, when two of them liked it so much, I read it thinking it wouldn't be all that bad. BUT IT WAS.
Uh-Oh waste of money there. I would've said lend me the books, I might end up reading, but who knows I might not. There are a lot of other books that I want to still get to lol

Yeah it was a bad version of Hunger Games and Selection series mixed together. Really not that great. Funny I see the new book around a lot in every department store I go. Totally popular

Have you read the Selection Series? πŸ€£

Bad books always reminds me of Twilight. Even though I haven't read a single line from that book. Oh wait, FOG was fanfiction of Twilight. Huh. Explains. *cough* 
I shouldn't even badmouth Twilight given I haven't given it a try in any way possible. So yeah. 

Another one is Mortal Instruments. I started it so many times but stopped cause they got boring but in the end braved through the first one. And then didn't have the energy/courage to start the next. But Cassie Clare fans are everywhere and they all rave about the books so much!!
Same! I had a good one year (or a little less) gap before I decided to finish the first book. 
It was going so good. I was loving Clary and Jace and stupid drama started to unfold and crap piling up. That crap just kept piling up until the 3rd book. Jeez! 
I wasn't ready for the second book but like you said, so many CC fans! Jeez you can't run away far enough from them. 

It was boring. Stayed boring. And then I thought I am done with this crap. It will just never get better.
You missed Jace's drama. 
πŸ˜†
Originally posted by Peaceful_Haven

I'd read the first three books after repeated struggles but I couldn't put any more effort to continue after two pages of part four. 

And about The Infernal Devices? Frankly, TMI exhausted me so much that I didn't dare try any more Claire's novels.
Oh my god, SAME!!! Jace's drama started in book 4 again, and I was just done. I really thought it'll go away and maybe we'll get that sassy sarcastic Jace back from the first half of the City of Bones, but nope. They got together and even that wasn't enough for him! Okay.

I only gave a chance to The Infernal Device because I heard it was better than TMI. Don't be fooled, it was THE SAME! This time the main guy is screwed up from the very beginning.
The characters even had similar names πŸ€£ 
Theresa Gray - Like Clarissa Fray from TMI πŸ€£
It's not that great. Only one character was nice, but not enough for me to continue reading in boredom. 

@bold - Torture. A question out of curiosity: does it take you longer or shorter to finish the books you force yourself through?

I haven't heard about Ravinder Singh  but his books are not giving any positive vibes right now so I think I'm doing just fine πŸ˜†
I finish the books pretty faster when I don't like them as I just want to get done with them so that I can start something newπŸ˜†
Don't bother with Ravinder Singh at all. I read 'I too had a love story' long ago after being forced by my friend who loved the book.🀒 Since then I never read my friend's referred books.πŸ˜†

Uh-Oh waste of money there. I would've said lend me the books, I might end up reading, but who knows I might not. There are a lot of other books that I want to still get to lol

Yeah it was a bad version of Hunger Games and Selection series mixed together. Really not that great. Funny I see the new book around a lot in every department store I go. Totally popular

Have you read the Selection Series? πŸ€£

Bad books always reminds me of Twilight. Even though I haven't read a single line from that book. Oh wait, FOG was fanfiction of Twilight. Huh. Explains. *cough* 
I shouldn't even badmouth Twilight given I haven't given it a try in any way possible. So yeah. 
Intruding in the conversation, Twilight series is great. Compared to many other series this one is a lot better. You should try it. FSOG is tolerable if you can stomach whole kinky stuff and the writing style.