Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka

Aren't Mauli's actions realistic ?

chemgirl thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi guys...I stopped watching this show and reading updates long back but I do come to the forum sometimes ...Just for Mauli...I just love her.
I saw a lot of posts about Mauli's charavter being butchered or Mauli turning into a doormat. But I feel Mauli's character is still very strong. She is just confused. The writing of the whole show is sloppy and that has its effect on Mauli but otherwise I don't think the character is butchered at least as of now. 

I know we all expected Mauli to walk out of Kunal's life after the revelation. But in a real life scenario is it that easy to walk out of a marriage ? Mauli has put in 7 years of her life in loving him. He was the centre of her life. Everything she did was for him. His family became hers. His dream became hers. It is not easy to break off all those bonds. Even Nandini after going through hell with Rajdeep took her own time to decide she wanted a divorce and only after realizing he would never change did she break off her mangalsutra. So how can Mauli who until a few days ago Kunal claimed to be crazily in love with just walk away from him. To Mauli Kunal is her world. She has her own identity and individuality but still she is tied to him. Once she learns he has cheated on her her first reaction is anger and the neccessity to find out what was wrong in their relationship. She takes it out on Nandini and Kunal. Nandini has broken her teudt twice and Mauli now knows she will never be able to trust her again. She loves Nandini unconditionally but her bond with Nandini is not like the one she has with Kunal. She breaks off their friebdship but breaking off a marriage is mot easy. Mauli hopes that Kunal perhaps has made a mistake and will always feel guilty. But she is proven wrong when she finds him talking to Nandkni again. She decides to accept that she has lost him and files for divorce. 

Mauli hadn't just made a relationship with Kunal. Unlike Nandini she is tied to his family too by her marriage. A family she actually loves more than her own. For Dida she is again forced to live with Kunal. She still loves him. Being her own mature self and influenced by Did Radgika and her mom who keep telling her that she has to give their marriage another chance she is forced to rethink specially as she is carrying his child. Still she is strong enough not to play the child care to keep Kunal with her. She could just have cried buckets about how the child will be affected if he goes away from her and forced him to stay( though I don't think Kunal will feel guilty even then ) .

Now again in the precap she goes to him to tell him about her pregnancy. Perhaps to know that she has done everything she could. She had given him every chance she could have. I don't think Mauli will tell him about the child or beg in front of him ever again. 

If she does, well then thanks to the writer for butchering the only good thing left in the show.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Y12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Even though, I would never want her to beg(beg is a strong word) for Kunal, I find her pretty realistic. At least she doesnt cheat and don't bat an eye. 
There are so many girls like who despite being educated put their worth in a guy, and as you said its not easy to walk out. I can see that her baby is weakening her stand and again I can understand. But then again, I would want her to walk away and be happy. 

I can relate to her so much; she was cheated and lied by her bestie and hubby and now these two have the audacity to portray them as victims and divine and her disgusting hubby who doesnt deserve her at all, had the nerve to manhandle her and insult her. It's heartbreaking for me. She has no one; her bestie despite going through abuse, is watching her bf treating a woman ; that too a woman who helped her when she was alone, like shit and she doesn't have say anything. M's mom , Dida and MIL are as bad because they are accepting as long as she is with their son/SIL. Mauli has support as long as her identity is tied to a man, and what she is going through isnt only sexist but inhumane. 
prettywomaniya thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
whatever mauli is doing is very realistic.. any wife would do that.. earlier when people use to write in the forum that if i were mauli i would have done that and done this. but i always said that i can not imagine what would i have done.. seriously its a pathetic dhoka.. 
mauli was brave enough to decide that she can not live with kunal and decided to break off their marriage.. i felt it was a bit rushed but then they got time to settle things. although mauli knew that kunal will never return but the memories of past and her love for him made him a little weak.. and now she is pregnant with his child. she knows that she can do the child's upbringing all alone but still deep down in her heart she loves kunal and dida and radhika's constant push is making her confused.. 
i think kunal accusing her and his harsh words will be the last nail in the coffin..
she is probably not going to tell him that she is pregnant 
poiu123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I think Mauli would have been much stronger if her mom supported her. Moms mean a lot. Here her Mom is hopeless. Her in laws are more interested in their son returning. When one is unsure , one s family is needed. She has no one . In BV too , Anandi s parents were 100% with her .
Quantum-Dot thumbnail
Her actions would have been realistic if she was not a job holder.a working woman's first priority is her job.she has to face many hurdles in her job daily which makes her able to face worst situations in her family.if she was dependent on her husband my whole points would have gone to her.bt sorry I can't find it at all realistic.
ND coming to her mom,they are showing her mom of my grandma's era.this is 21st century.no mom will choose their son in law over their own daughter in this case.my own mom wl nver do that ND I can guarantee that.
akashnanda thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Anahi

whatever mauli is doing is very realistic.. any wife would do that.. earlier when people use to write in the forum that if i were mauli i would have done that and done this. but i always said that i can not imagine what would i have done.. seriously its a pathetic dhoka.. 

mauli was brave enough to decide that she can not live with kunal and decided to break off their marriage.. i felt it was a bit rushed but then they got time to settle things. although mauli knew that kunal will never return but the memories of past and her love for him made him a little weak.. and now she is pregnant with his child. she knows that she can do the child's upbringing all alone but still deep down in her heart she loves kunal and dida and radhika's constant push is making her confused.. 
i think kunal accusing her and his harsh words will be the last nail in the coffin..
she is probably not going to tell him that she is pregnant 

yes it s pathethic dhoka.. I myself as a viewer s not at all able to accept it ..it s d worst that can happen to a wife n a friend ..still I m like how can this happen to a gal like mauli ? Very disappointed with d way d story s moving ahead..
Rinnks thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Feynmann

Her actions would have been realistic if she was not a job holder.a working woman's first priority is her job.she has to face many hurdles in her job daily which makes her able to face worst situations in her family.if she was dependent on her husband my whole points would have gone to her.bt sorry I can't find it at all realistic.

ND coming to her mom,they are showing her mom of my grandma's era.this is 21st century.no mom will choose their son in law over their own daughter in this case.my own mom wl nver do that ND I can guarantee that.

I disagree here.. I had been through abuse in my marriage.. I left him n went to parents literally black n blue but they didn't let me in.. cuz sasural is my home..

Touchwood that was bad phase... now all is ok..
Quantum-Dot thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ruhi122

I disagree here.. I had been through abuse in my marriage.. I left him n went to parents literally black n blue but they didn't let me in.. cuz sasural is my home..

Touchwood that was bad phase... now all is ok..

Really sorry to hear it.that is why it is said that every woman should be independent .then no one would treat her like that.they should have assets under their name.(I was talking about my family ND parents perspective.nothing related to other's).