Posted: 5 years ago
Crystal heart shapes hung from the lines of string on the balcony constantly hitting Prerna's hands as she gripped the bar beside it and wept for all she had already lost and the new pain she would gain.

From a young age she had been taught that her wedding day would be the most important and happiest day of her life, yet here she stood constantly inhaling and exhaling to find the breath that escaped her, legs shaking so much if she let go she would fall.

In seconds her knees smacked against the cold ground as she gazed at the red smeared across her hands from her nails digging in earlier. Red was meant to be the colour that symbolised love yet all it symbolised today was pain, a pain so strong she would forever be wounded.

"Don't do it"

Prerna span around to see Anurag looking down at her "I'm fine, I just fell"

Anurag moved forward and knelt before her "And you will keep falling if you marry him, I can't save you from this" he looked down at her bloody hands "When you are married this red will be here too, forever" he touched her forehead "You'll come to hate your faviourate colour when it's staring you in the face everyday because a man placed it in your life when you didn't wish for it"

"How did you know it was my faviourate" she whispered gazing into his eyes that reminded her of melting chocolate, always warm and calming

"Because you wore it all the time until you had to marry him" he cupped her cheek, if he would ever allow himself to love, he knew one thing was for certain. He would love her, Prerna with the bright eyes and helpful hands. If fate had placed them side by side earlier he would have ensured red remained her faviourate colour forever. Red would be the colour of his beating heart in her hands and the love that painted her life.

"I have to, please don't ask me why" she begged

Anurag nodded "If you say so" he stood up and turned away from her, his heart ripped from his chest once again "I hope you find the shade of red you're looking for with him"

"Me too" her voice cracked "Anurag"

He halted by the door

"I hope you find it too, even though you don't want it, love is a beautiful thing"

He eyed her red scarf on the sofa "My faviourate shade of red arrived in my life for a visit, it's gone now, maybe you should follow your own advice" he moved his nails from his hands only to see a familar red covering his palms "Have a happy married life" and without another glance he walked away from the girl he could have loved if things would have been different.

But after all, it was indeed Kasautii Zindagii Kay.

The colour of red is very important in KZK2 so I wanted to imagine what it meant to AnuPre! I hope you enjoy and if you have some time do comment and please check out my AnuPre FF The Lift: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5037894  Edited by -Rehanna- - 5 years ago
Loved the tug, frustration and helplessness.
It's Kasautii and it's indeed red all over!

Loved the symbolism of colour.

You've a way with colours.

Great one!
I think I fell in love with red all over again after reading this. 
The different shades of red - love, pain, angst came across beautifully.What a beautiful use of color.  

Your understanding of colors is so deep. 

Great OS
Originally posted by Mishti_Dahi

Loved the tug, frustration and helplessness.
It's Kasautii and it's indeed red all over!

Loved the symbolism of colour.

You've a way with colours.

Great one!
Thank you love! My fingers are crossed they achieve the happy ending they so desperately deserve in the serial! 

Thank youuu!
Originally posted by Three.Broomstic

I think I fell in love with red all over again after reading this. 
The different shades of red - love, pain, angst came across beautifully.What a beautiful use of color.  

Your understanding of colors is so deep. 

Great OS
Aw that's so sweet! Thank you so much love! 
I really appreciate this!
Originally posted by FaizaAndalibC

LOVED IT ❤️
Thank you love!
It's beautiful and so symbolic
Originally posted by AdyaXoxo

It's beautiful and so symbolic
Aw thank you lovely, so much!