The Lift FF P13 PG14

Posted: 1 years ago
Prerna and Anurag are worlds apart but a chance encounter in a lift leaves them drawn to eachother like a moth to a flame. Now she's working for him, bumping into him everyday and brightening his usually dark days, it won't be long before sparks fly but often when sparks fly, someone gets burnt. 
Can Anurag and Prerna make it through the everyday office stresses to find something worth getting burnt for? 

Prolouge ~ Below
Part One~ Page 2
Part Two~ Page 4
Part Three~ Page 6
Part Four~ Page 7
Part Five~ Page 8
Part Six~ Page 10
Part Seven~Page 11
Part Eight~ Page 12
Part Nine~ Page 12
Part Ten~ Page 13
Part Eleven~ Page 13
Part Twelve~ Page 13
Part Thirteen~ Page 14
Edited by -Rehanna- - 10 months ago
Prolouge ~
The exterior of the building was lined with smoked glass the colour of a dull grey sky that stood as a prewarning that rain was on the way. Pressed against the glass were bold letters painted a pale white with gold rims. "Basu Industrials". The words though seemingly bright in contrast to the remainder of the building seemed somewhat daunting to someone who had seen it for the first time.

Upon entering the first thing that stood out was a dark blue carpet that covered the floor, leading towards the elevators that were so shiny you could see your own reflection. Too busy looking at her surroundings the woman didn't hear a voice calling out to her until she felt a firm hand on her shoulder. "Excuse me, you can't just walk in there"

"Oh" she giggled her pin straight hair looked auburn beneath the natural lighting "My name is Prerna Sharma, i'm here for the second part of my interview" she gripped the folder in her hands tightly waiting for the woman to allow her to go she edged towards the lift and pressed the button to open it

The elevator had white marble walls and a golden handrail just below the buttons, the carpet was the same as outside the doors, taking a quick glance of her watch Prerna hastily slammed her hand across the button of the top floor and closed her honey coloured eyes

A hand slammed between the doors making her jump as a man entered quickly brushing his coffee coloured hair back in a distressed motion he turned to Prerna eyeing her slowly "Top floor" he rasped out

"Have you got an interview too, i've heard the guy can be a little strict but appreciates hard work so I guess i'll be fine, it's nice to meet someone else i'll be working with"

"Confident aren't you" he teased "What if you don't get it"

She gasped loudly "Don't say bad things or bad things happen, watch I will get the job and so will you" she turned to face him "This lift takes a really long time don't you think, you would think for a high class business man that he would atleast try and get a faster lift"

The man smirked, the corner of his lips rose "I'm sure the boss will be very happy to hear your thoughts on his elevator machinery"

"Well I wouldn't tell him that" Prerna rolled her eyes "It's just a woah" her body flung to the side bashing into the man's shoulder when the lift came to a grinding halt, breathless she looked up at him, catching her reflection in his chocolate coloured eyes she inhaled sharply "Yeah, he definitely needs to fix his elevators, i'm going to be late, we both are, oh wait look there's a camera up there, hello" she began to jump continuously and wave her hands "Help us, we're trapped" the heel of her shoe slammed into his foot making him yell.

"Ouch, is it your intention to injure and abuse your future colleagues all in one day" he shook his foot then rubbed his shoulder

"Well actually it's not my fault, it's Anurag Basu's fault for having a rubbish lift, listen Bhai Saab, can I call you Bhai Saab" not awaiting a response she continued "He stated the correct dresswear and these were the only black shoes I have and he owns the building so take your issues up with him, meanwhile i'm going to have some lunch" Prerna dropped to the floor and opened her bag to pull out a tiffin that had seen better days "Ooh my faviourate, want some" she flung the tiffin up making the dahl waste over his trousers "Well uh that one might have been my fault" she bit into her lip then smiled pouring some on her own leg "Now we're all fair and circle"

"What" he looked down at her astounded "Don't you mean fair and square"

Prerna's brows furrowed "No that doesn't even make sense, anyway this is really good, you're really missing out, i'm just saying" she continued to eat "You know it's rude to stare"

"It's rude to stand on someone's foot and waste food on them" he pointed out, tone brisk and scathing

"Maybe it's like good luck, I once heard that if a bird does it's business on you it's good luck and the food on your trousers could easily be misconstrued for that so really you should be thanking me" Prerna stood up to face him "No problem"

There was a mechanical whirring sound before the lift began to move again, eventually reaching the top floor the doors opened slowly showing a lavish area. "I didn't quite catch your name"

"Prerna, yours"

"Anurag Basu, but you can call me Sir" he winked "I'll get the elevators sorted, thanks for the suggestion"

Prerna's jaw dropped and she froze as the lifts shut again

Wow, what a powerful prologue...keep writing..
It's brilliant! And I am not even exaggerating. It's truly, truly brilliant. Fast paced and very intriguing. Also Prerna seems so so much fun! I love her already. Waiting to see the story of her and 'her boss' unfold 
Originally posted by BlueJayFire

Wow, what a powerful prologue...keep writing..
Aw thank you so much! I will update soon:)
Originally posted by Zaya.hp

It's brilliant! And I am not even exaggerating. It's truly, truly brilliant. Fast paced and very intriguing. Also Prerna seems so so much fun! I love her already. Waiting to see the story of her and 'her boss' unfold 
Aw! Thank you so much lovely! Haha yes she will certainly be one to remember ! 
This was awesome!!!
The sort of imagery you've done with the colours is not only fun but so vivid and brilliant!

Loved it all. The nokjhok and the last smart part.

Prerna is so much fun and Anurag is just perfect.
Loved the way you've written her.LOL

Fair and circle ROFL
And her non-stop bakbak

Continue Soon!!!Embarrassed
Originally posted by Mishti_Dahi

This was awesome!!!
The sort of imagery you've done with the colours is not only fun but so vivid and brilliant!

Loved it all. The nokjhok and the last smart part.

Prerna is so much fun and Anurag is just perfect.
Loved the way you've written her. LOL

Fair and circle ROFL
And her non-stop bakbak

Continue Soon!!!Embarrassed
Aw thank you lovely!
Ah thanks , I appreciate it, I always like to read something that can help me imagine the area so imagery is my fav! 

Haha thank you! Prerna will sure be one to remember, I will do:)