Chetan Bhagat Gives 'Proof' Against Accuser Ira Trivedi

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago
  • Author Ira Trivedi recently called out renowned author Chetan Bhagat and accused him of sexual misconduct.
  • Retaliating on Ira Trivedi's allegations, Chetan Bhagat posted a screenshot on social media that shows Dubey initiating a conversation with him in a flirtatious manner

The #MeToo movement has gained traction in India, with several women gathering up the courage to speak up against sexual perpetrators. Several popular faces have been named and shamed until now, including celebrated people from the fields of acting, filmmaking, writing, journalism and many more. Recently, author Ira Trivedi called out renowned writer Chetan Bhagat and shared her #MeToo story through an online news portal. She previously alleged that he made a pass at her in the room and tried to plant a kiss on her lips to which she laughed, not knowing what else to do. 

Retaliating to Ira Trivedi's allegations, author Chetan Bhagat took to Twitter and posted a screenshot that shows Dubey initiating a conversation with him in a flirtatious manner, thus hinting that the 2010 allegations against him might be false. His tweet said "So who wanted to kiss whom? @iratrivedi's self-explanatory email from 2013 to me, esp last line, easily shows her claims from 2010 are false, and she knows this too. This mental harassment of me and my family has to stop. Please don't harm a movement with #fakecharges #harassed" 

Chetan Bhagat

Shame on media like @outlookindia who carried a fake charges story without even checking with me. They could have easily checked on YouTube that I launched her book in 2015/16. Who calls their harasser as chief guest for their book launch? Video here: https://t.co/g6uIOVLjeS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Point toh sahi uthaya Chetu ne ðŸ˜†
xROBINx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Anachronist

Point toh sahi uthaya Chetu ne😆

abey victim ko kya pata tha #MeToo movement bhi ayega kabhi. Isliye harrasser ko hi chief guest bana liya lol
rainbow2017 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This #Metoo movement is going to become a standing joke in India very soon.
Chetan Bhagat is a class one idiot and an incredibly bad writer, but he sure doesn't seem like a harasser. I read his entire defense on FB, replete with proof and he sounded far, far more convincing than his so-called victims.

Flirting with someone on emails or even face to face does not amount to harassment. 

This entire movement seems to be aimed against people who are basically harmless and have no real power and hence easy to target and get away with.

Peanutbolt thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
These personal agenda attention seekers are the worst🤢 theyre gonna derail a important movement with their stupidity...how sad for actual victims, no one's gonna take them seriously now...
Peanutbolt thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Even allegations against varun grover seems more like a personal vendetta...really sad if netflix is going to stop sacred games before the charges are proved...the poor guy's career just started picking up and it is not fair to cancel out without fair investigation...the lady who posted the anonymous account is not MIA from twitter..
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Peanutbolt

These personal agenda attention seekers are the worst🤢 theyre gonna derail a important movement with their stupidity...how sad for actual victims, no one's gonna take them seriously now...

Bingo! Playing right into the hands of misogynists who want the status quo to remain. The glee is obvious in this thread and from certain other threads/ids on this forum itself. I can imagine the situation elsewhere. 
Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
what did he say to the girl for her to accuse him? her email sounds like she is writing to a girlfriend...in a buddy way of course
pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Wait... just because she flirted with him, it means she can't be sexually abused? People have been sexually abused right when they are ready to even have sex with the person. Just because a girl was flirtatious doesn't mean it's proof that she wasn't sexually abused. 
to be honest chetan looks like someone who would get harassed and not harass, haven't read his account vaise