Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Nusrat Bharucha and Sonnalli Seygall stand by Luv Ranjan

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Published: Oct 14,2018

The Pyaar Ka Punchnama filmmaker, Luv Ranjan, had recently been outed as a sexual predator in the ongoing #MeToo movement. Reacting to this, his Sonu Ki Titu Ki Sweety actor Nushrat Bharucha took to social media to defend Luv Ranjan. Bharucha has acted in four of Ranjan's films which is why she feels like she has authority over the matter. One of the statements in her lengthy posts reads, "I was the first girl cast in Pyaar Ka Punchnama and I have been an actress in all of his films ever since. So, one can view this in two ways: either I am too close to see things objectively, or, I am one of the few people who, without a doubt, can tell you who this man really is." Have a look at the full statement here:

Another actor, Sonnalli Seygall, also posted on social media as to how Luv Ranjan is 'one of the nicest' men out there. Here's her full statement.

"It's after long that such a relevant n important movement has finally started n it would be really sad n unfortunate if we deviate from our agenda here. The #MeToo movement is to bring forth the people "guilty of sexual harassment and not to shoot in the dark aimlessly. If we start believing every name thrown in the media today for whatever personal agenda or whatever u wanna call it, we are really digressing from the topic, and even risk trivialising this issue! Let's also b sensible, sensitive, intelligent human beings and use out common sense to see what's real and what's not, otherwise the true criminals WILL get away and nothing will be solved. N let's pls hold ourselves responsible for what we choose to believe and what not. Luv Ranjan is a man I have now known n worked with for almost 8 years and the allegations against him by this one "anonymous person is the most absurd thing I have heard about him! I honestly don't know what to say to that..but I can vouch for the fact that he's one of nicest gentleman with a protective guardian like quality who has always made me, and as far as I know all the women on out set including the female actors, ADs, and crew, feel very safe.On the contrary there have been multiple cases where he has protected us from disgusting men. One such case was when we were shooting in Chandni Chowk in Delhi during PKP 2 and suddenly we couldn't find Luv sir, only to find out that he went to hit a guy who had tried to brush past n touch one of us girls on the road. There was another time during the shoot of Chak Glassi' in PKP 1 where he fought with and threw the media out of the set because some of them were clicking out pictures inappropriately without us knowing. There have been multiple incidents like this which just go on to say that he's in fact the man contrary to the baseless allegations made recently. So I really wanna take this opportunity to stand by #MeToo and safeguard the movement's true interest. But let's take some responsibility upon ourselves and not blindly believe everything that we hear. Let's be intelligent and wise.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Anonymous person did not get the role obviously and socha hoga luv is perceived as anti women due to his movies , Kyun na kuch Maja Liya jaae 👏
xROBINx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Anachronist

Anonymous person did not get the role obviously and socha hoga luv is perceived as anti women due to his movies , Kyun na kuch Maja Liya jaae👏

Anonymous story should not be taken seriously.
S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Alelele MCPon ke devta ke naam pe accusation aa gaya toh rudali chalu ho gaya... 
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Well he is the sugar daddy of them both 
Peanutbolt thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Then what's up with the f**ked up statement by Luv ranjan...if he is so sure he didn't harass then he should have been more assertive rather than posting crap like " if i did make someone uncomfortable" or "Unkowngly caused grief"...
kuchnaakahoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Lol how difficult is to ask these actresses to put up a statement in favour of the director. Especially Nushrat . She has been working with him for the longest time. I am not judging her if she has compromised with him for work. Entirely her call. If she is comfortable with it and got work , no body has the right to judge. But it's so obvious that she is just returning the favour to save his face.  
FYI that anonymous actress did get the role.  People need to read first . 
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
LOL! Luv Ranjan fanboys celebrating clean chit given by women who are obliged to him. Its like Alia giving clean chit to KJo on nepotism. Atleast identify the victim and then prove she was lying. 
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail
Bapre ..so long 😆 She could have just tweeted she supports him. 
I am just sad how this movement that started as revolutionary has started to become some sort of  joke.  

also people should give chance to others. any1 can accuse a guy and people will believe it. no wonder media and social media trial r worse bcoz it can ruin any innocent life too.  there should be strong laws to punish those also who put fake blames on people! look at ronaldo one. clear case of wanting money🤢Edited by SakthLaunda - 5 years ago