Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Amrita Puri calls Sajid Khan a creep, says his family knew about it

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Farhan Akthar responds
Written by Nilanjana Basu | Published: October 13, 2018

Actor, singer and director Farhan Akhtar is maintaining that their family did not know about cousin Sajid Khan's alleged misbehaviour with women. Farhan lashed out at Aisha actor Amrita Puri for insinuating that Sajid's family knew about his misconduct but chose to ignore it.

Sajid has been accused of sexual harassment by an actor, an assistant director and a journalist. Farhan shared a tweet on Friday writing how he is shocked by the allegations levelled against his cousin and said he will have to find a way to atone for his alleged actions.' Sajid's sister Farah also shared a similarly worded tweet.

Amrita reacted to their statements saying it was hard to believe that Sajid's family did not know about his behaviour. "It was fairly well known that @SimplySajidK is a creep and is completely inappropriate as far as his conduct with women goes. I was warned to stay away from him if I ever came across him. I refuse to believe that it has come as a surprise to ppl from the industry or his family, she wrote in a tweet.

Farhan decided to react to Amrita's tweet by calling it a conspiracy theory.' "I deeply resent your insinuation that me or my family knew of his behaviour yet did nothing. Your anger is justified. Your conspiracy theories not, he wrote in a tweet.

Amrita then apologised to Farhan saying she didn't realise he was related to Sajid. "My tweet was not directed to you. Are you related? Pardon my ignorance. Also it's not fair to generalise as I did. My apologies. However @SimplySajidK's misconducts were fairly well known. I'm surprised that it's come as a shock, she wrote in a reply to his tweet.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Amrita puri sounds sensible and can't believe that Sajid family unaware of his creepiness including Farhan.
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Even the whole world knows abt him by the way how he talks in public or thru blinds but the family doesnt ? Amazing ! May be they are living under rock !
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
sometimes people can be so self-involved that they don't know about things, it could be true, who knows? Edited by Bollywoodlaver - 5 years ago
Pappu.Pager thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Farhan Akthar says he didn't know? What bullshit.

Twinkle, Akshay, anyone who worked on Housefull knew... 
Hazardous thumbnail
All of us regular folks on I-F knew but these industrywalas didn't right? Wah bhai wah!
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Faran akthar's rumoured gf shibani defends farhan.according to some articles... 😆 dont know why iam laughing but the whole me too has become a laughing stock... Edited by fivestars - 5 years ago
serendipity_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow I legit didn't know that Farhan and Sajid (🤢) are related. How?
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: serendipity_10

Wow I legit didn't know that Farhan and Sajid (🤢) are related. How?

I think their moms are sisters...😕 I didn't know this as well. 

Amrita Puri is right. Whom Farhan is kidding ? ðŸ¤¢
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
This content was originally posted by: Nishita123

I think their moms are sisters...😕 I didn't know this as well. 

Amrita Puri is right. Whom Farhan is kidding ? ðŸ¤¢

Yes they are first cousins as their moms are sisters. Daisy Irani is also their maasi. 

I personally find it hard to believe that they didn't know, at least Farah, but okay.