Rohit Roy accused of harassment by a media person on social media; ac

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 5 years ago
In an anonymous post, actor Rohit Roy has been accused of sexual assault. However, the actor denied any such incident.

The MeToo movement is seeing a new light in India as women across fields and boundaries are rightfully naming and shaming those who have harassed them not just physically but also mentally. After names of Alok Nath, Rajat Kapoor, Vikas Bahl, Utsav Chakraborty, Khamba, among others coming to the fore, another name to have come under the radar is Rohit Roy, brother of acclaimed actor Ronit Roy. A journalist shared an anonymous account of a woman, a journalist herself, who has accused Rohit of harassing her when she was 16. She has mentioned in the course of the chat how Rohit allegedly would try and get her to kiss him.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Poulomi
@PouloCruelo

Anonymous account from a woman who's been persistently harassed by actor Rohit Roy (@/rohitroy500) since she was 16. The clincher? He hasn't yet stopped preying on her.

Cc: @weeny @AnooBhu

7:16 AM - Oct 9, 2018

When we contacted Rohit to know his side, he vehemently denied it and in fact said that it is not him. When told that his Twitter account has been tagged in the post, he said, "Sorry to disappoint but it is not me, Rohit Roy. Earlier in the day, Alok Nath, who has been accused of harassing and raping Tara producer Vinta Nanda, in an interview said that this is all a "figment of her imagination. He went on to add that people are using his name to tarnish his image. Not just that he also said that whenever such things happen, both the people are at fault. CINTAA is currently looking into the matter and seeking legal advice to know if they can send a show cause notice to Alok without having received an official complaint from the victim.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/tv/news-gossip/rohit-roy-accused-harassment-media-person-social-media-actor-says-it-not-me-428405

Edited by mira30 - 5 years ago
^^^Not surprised...also his more successful older brother also faced the same accusations by several women several years ago. Most prominent accuser was Surveen Chawla . Nothing happened as usual. Edited by TheRager - 5 years ago
are there any decent guys left?! very disappointing...Looks like everyone loses their morals the second they become somewhat famous..
Originally posted by TheRager

^^^Not surprised...also his more successful older brother also faced the same accusations by several women several years ago. Most prominent accuser was Surveen Chawla . Nothing happened as usual.

where... have not seen any article on Google search... Surveen worked with him in kasauti n ugly
Originally posted by pallavi_

where... have not seen any article on Google search... Surveen worked with him in kasauti n ugly

Happened during an outdoor shoot of KZK or an outing of the KZK team more than ten years ago. He got drunk and went to her hotel room and started banging her door to be let in. Her colleagues had to intervene. He later denied it while she was silent. Others spoke anonymously and it was reported extensively in the media. Surveen I think got other offers and quit KZK. Maybe Ronit has got all record of the incident removed from online as I heard he got people to create ids on IF and threaten members who were discussing the incident on the Kasauti forum(those days IF was big for TV people). 
He also had a fight with Shweta Tiwari who accused him of touching her inappropriately. Later they patched up I guess. 

Happened during an outdoor shoot of KZK or an outing of the KZK team more than ten years ago. He got drunk and went to her hotel room and started banging her door to be let in. Her colleagues had to intervene. He later denied it while she was silent. Others spoke anonymously and it was reported extensively in the media. Surveen I think got other offers and quit KZK. Maybe Ronit has got all record of the incident removed from online as I heard he got people to create ids on IF and threaten members who were discussing the incident on the Kasauti forum(those days IF was big for TV people).
He also had a fight with Shweta Tiwari who accused him of touching her inappropriately. Later they patched up I guess.

Interesting
He seems to be a serial offender since I remember reading  about him making dia mirza extremely uncomfortable with unwarranted touching and also that he squeezed/pinched her bum lecherously while filming a pool scene which made her walk away from the sets that day.
https://m.rediff.com/movies/2007/sep/14dia.htm

^^^Not surprised...also his more successful older brother also faced the same accusations by several women several years ago. Most prominent accuser was Surveen Chawla . Nothing happened as usual.

oh, I assumed him to be the older one... but seems like both brothers are equally horrible...

though it must be stupid to ask, but still I wonder why National Commission for women doesnt seek out the victim, even after they speak about it openly...
I have been hearing about Rohit Roy since my teenage days. So this is more believable to me. Everytime his name comes around the first thought that flashes my mind is that he has also assaulted his wife . Not that I remember where I have read it but thats just one memory that stayed with me about this guy. 
Originally posted by Golden-dew

He seems to be a serial offender since I remember reading about him making dia mirza extremely uncomfortable with unwarranted touching and also that he squeezed/pinched her bum lecherously while filming a pool scene which made her walk away from the sets that day.
https://m.rediff.com/movies/2007/sep/14dia.htm

Omg 🤢