Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka

Shakti Arora ? Same expressions? Same monotonous dialogues?

Migraine thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Before all jump on me just hear me out I only feel this way. Always everyone talk about other two female leads. But what about kunal and shakti? U think he has done any thing better than drashti in terms of sketching Kunal's character? 
I feel he doesn't even know how to react to certain emotions. He is mostly weak in the romantic scenes. His dialogue delivery is good. But other than that i think he is not making this already doomed show any better. I knew he was average but don't know what is wrong that the recent scenes seem really forced on him. He is giving annoyed expressions sometimes. But most of the time he is confused. He says somethings but then acts all surprised. He is really making Kunal more confusing as a character. There is no clarity. I don't know why this issue has been avoided. But he is trying hard to copy paste the RV image inside Kunal. And that is making things worse. I think Kunal could have been portrayed much better. 

Do u feel the same? 

P s : This is not a bashing post. Just my honest views without using any demeaning words. Do not talk in a demeaning manner but healthy discussion is welcome. 
Edited by Migraine - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vani.jug thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Tbh out of the three leads I like Shakti's overall performance the most. I feel like he makes Kunal appear calm and composed. It suits Kunal. I can't imagine his characterization any other way. Like he's neither too much of the archetypal heroic man nor the docile soft lamb. He's a good mix of both. Aditi and DD's acting isnt't keeping me that entertained. As already mentioned many times before, DD's scenes are being repetitive with the crying and constantly depressed state of her character. But Aditi also is too overdramatic for me and I find her preformance too exaggerated as well. Both girls have done some great acting in the show though. Like Mauli in the revelation scene or DD pre-revelation tracks. But overall I'm consistently satisfied with Shakti's portrayal of Kunal.
Migraine thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: vani.jug

Tbh out of the three leads I like Shakti's overall performance the most. I feel like he makes Kunal appear calm and composed. It suits Kunal. I can't imagine his characterization any other way. Like he's neither too much of the archetypal heroic man nor the docile soft lamb. He's a good mix of both. Aditi and DD's acting isnt't keeping me that entertained. As already mentioned many times before, DD's scenes are being repetitive with the crying and constantly depressed state of her character. But Aditi also is too overdramatic for me and I find her preformance too exaggerated as well. Both girls have done some great acting in the show though. Like Mauli in the revelation scene or DD pre-revelation tracks. But overall I'm consistently satisfied with Shakti's portrayal of Kunal.

i think we are watching two different shows then. Thanks for ur view. He has said the same nonsense to nandini and mauli both with same conviction. Anyway he is an average actor. Handling complex characters is not his cup of tea Kunal proves it for sure. Chocolate boy roles are good for him

Edit : I have reached my daily limit. Strik here is my reply for u

Originally posted by: Strike

Kunal isn't a complex character, the writer doesn't knows how to write one.
I was reading an IV of gajra kottary where she almost sounded as if writing male lead characters is such a tough task for her. She is only interested in writing women centric characters and shows and apparently looks she isn't even doing a good job at that.
There is nothing that Shakti can add to make the character of Kunal better.

Kunal is appearing to be a difficult character. If it is not then shakti's expressions and actions as kunal would not be so confusing. A simple character is understood easily. Like Mauli. Mauli is a simple white leading character. That's why people also connect more with mauli. 
But kunal? If he is so simple as a character then y so much confusing feedback like we can't understand his actions expressions etc? Hence that means Shakti even failed to portray such a simple character?
Edited by Metis - 5 years ago
Strike thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Migraine

i think we are watching two different shows then. And also u r a shakti/kunan fan so yeah it's expected u can't see or ignore flaws of his acting. Thanks for ur view. If DD's scenes r repetitive then shakti's scenes r repetitive as well. He has said the same nonsense to nandini and mauli both with same conviction. Anyway he is an average actor. Handling complex characters is not his cup of tea Kunal proves it for sure. Chocolate boy roles are good for him

Kunal isn't a complex character, the writer doesn't knows how to write one. It is a badly written character
I was reading an IV of gajra kottary where she almost sounded as if writing male lead characters is such a tough task for her. She is only interested in writing women centric characters and shows and apparently looks she isn't even doing a good job at that.
There is nothing that Shakti can add to make the character of Kunal better.
Edited by Metis - 5 years ago
poiu123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
In the acting department, the girls outshine him in the show as per my observation
obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I feel both actresses are doing good job as the script demands .I find shakti lost bw these two actresses.Kunal character is even shallow than nandini.Nandini has her reasons to fall for kunal but kunal hv no reasons to fall out of love with mauli.I find shakti not that good before also but in this show he is lost..Kunal character was butchered the day he fall for nandini seeing her dancing in rain and to whitewash kunal the writer spoiled nandin's character too by making her utter selfish when she was shown so close to mauli.I think shallow character of kunal is making difficult for shakti to enact properly otherewise he is ok as an actor. Edited by TheMockingBird - 5 years ago
Strike thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Migraine

i think we are watching two different shows then. And also u r a shakti/kunan fan so yeah it's expected u can't see or ignore flaws of his acting. Thanks for ur view. If DD's scenes r repetitive then shakti's scenes r repetitive as well. He has said the same nonsense to nandini and mauli both with same conviction. Anyway he is an average actor. Handling complex characters is not his cup of tea Kunal proves it for sure. Chocolate boy roles are good for him

Edit : I have reached my daily limit. Strik here is my reply for u

i smell something burning. What that can be? 
I gave my view first. Then i asked about what others think. So that's now is being called labelling? 

Kunal is appearing to be a difficult character. If it is not then shakti's expressions and actions as kunal would not be so confusing. A simple character is understood easily. Like Mauli. Mauli is a simple white leading character. That's why people also connect more with mauli. 
But kunal? If he is so simple as a character then y so much confusing feedback like we can't understand his actions expressions etc? Hence that means Shakti even failed to portray such a simple character? Thanks for proving my point. ðŸ˜†
Bye bye c u tomorrow

lol you proved my point that i said in the end
should have read what i have said, i never said it is simple character, i said writer can't write a complex character, Kunal is simply a badly written character.
Edited by Strike - 5 years ago
I think, kunal being such a douche does not help much even if shakti tries to put up a decent performance, he is decent onscreen, and i should say he is miles better than Drashti. I have never really followed DD's prev shows, so from whatever i have seen in silsila, she is a mediocre actress, it s always the same expression and same kind of dialogue delivery from her end and her chemistry with shakti is poor, one of the major reasons why the show has flopped because if you are dealing with a scandalous EMA then your couple must have that kinda striking chemistry to pull of the physical attraction which the characters have, but both shakti and drashti lack chemistry here, infact shakti has a better chemistry with Aditi, and i am not saying this because of mauli being the better character here, but because in the initial episodes kunal-mauli scenes used to be thoughtful and effortless. Nandini solo scenes and her scenes with kunal, both are cringeworthy now, like no matter what, she is unbearable as a character to be taken seriously now, and when the female lead is hated so much nobody can help the show especially when she's being played by someone who is considered to be the biggest star in the show. 
Silsila will always remain a popular case of bad actors chosen for a worse concept where the writers brought the worst of their already mediocre leads. Aditi being the exception does not help the show much since the show has lost the phase of earning viewers, now it is a lost cause. 
Cinnamonn thumbnail

Honestly, I think everyone on this show has their moment of outshining who. These three actors are great actors. But Kunal and Nandini are very poorly written characters mostly Nandini. I'm beginning to accept that she's Bipolar.
obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: TeAmo_Messi

I think, kunal being such a douche does not help much even if shakti tries to put up a decent performance, he is decent onscreen, and i should say he is miles better than Drashti. I have never really followed DD's prev shows, so from whatever i have seen in silsila, she is a mediocre actress, it s always the same expression and same kind of dialogue delivery from her end and her chemistry with shakti is poor, one of the major reasons why the show has flopped because if you are dealing with a scandalous EMA then your couple must have that kinda striking chemistry to pull of the physical attraction which the characters have, but both shakti and drashti lack chemistry here, infact shakti has a better chemistry with Aditi, and i am not saying this because of mauli being the better character here, but because in the initial episodes kunal-mauli scenes used to be thoughtful and effortless. Nandini solo scenes and her scenes with kunal, both are cringeworthy now, like no matter what, she is unbearable as a character to be taken seriously now, and when the female lead is hated so much nobody can help the show especially when she's being played by someone who is considered to be the biggest star in the show. 

Silsila will always remain a popular case of bad actors chosen for a worse concept where the writers brought the worst of their already mediocre leads. Aditi being the exception does not help the show much since the show has lost the phase of earning viewers, now it is a lost cause. 

I hv followed the work of both actors shakti was good as Ashique show but he falls flat in this show.Drashti played various roles i agree with you she is average or mediocare actress but she is way better than shakti in my opinion.The character of nandini has nothing to offer .The first of show where she played victim of domestic in that part she excelled after that phase her scenes are repetitive and boring.In my opinion shakti is weakest of all three in this show.I also agree with you that there is no chemistry bw shakti and drashti. He has better chemistry with aditi.Edited by TheMockingBird - 5 years ago