~Chhapaak Updates Thread~It's A WRAP!!! Release Date - Jan 10 2020!! - Page 7

Posted: 5 years ago
Originally posted by -MariaMars-

This was Vikrant at the Style awards yest.. Not sure if this is his look for Chhapaak..

That beard and hairstyle are hiding his boyish look. It's activist look😛
All the best team Chhapaak! 
I think that is Vikrant's look for the movie as well because Lakshmi's partner also have the beard look.
Originally posted by TheSmurfs

When does the shooting start ?
Apparently in the 3rd week of March.
Originally posted by lwrimaforever

Apparently in the 3rd week of March.

thanks for the info. can't wait
good luck to Chhapaak team👍🏼
hope they stay safe while shooting.

Stay tuned to know more about "WOMEN BEHIND CHHAPAAK"

@TheLaxmiAgarwal
@meghnagulzar
@AtikaChohan
@deepikapadukone

Deepika has lost so much weight for this. Yesterday at gullyboy screening she looked very young.
Vikrant Massey plays a north Indian man who used to be a professional but decides to leave it all and become an actor. And then starts this campaign against acid attack violence

Meghna Gulzar has begun prepping for her next, Chhapak, which stars Deepika Padukone and Vikrant Massey. Dippy starts shooting for the film shortly. 

Chhapak is based on the life of acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal and it also stars Vikrant Massey and is co-produced by Deepika herself.

Word is Meghna is busy with the look tests for the various characters. As Dippy is also co-producer, she is excited to be part of the pre-filming processes as well. Looks like hubby Ranveer Singh's infectious enthusiasm is rubbing off on her.

Vikrant Massey plays a north Indian man who used to be a professional but decides to leave it all and become an actor. And then starts this campaign against acid attack violence. Meghna had told earlier, "I'm glad Vikrant is a part of the film and I think I can speak for both Deepika and me that we're really excited that he's playing this part."

Chhapak being a "female-oriented" film, Deepika feels that filmmakers now are more open to making female-driven films. "We are in place today where directors are changing roles and that's unheard of. If you have script that has male protagonist and suddenly directors are like, 'Let me just flip that. Let me just make that female protagonist and then go to so and so with the film' so, you hear of a film that was offered to a male actor two-three years ago and it's coming back to you now with a female protagonist which is a huge achievement," she said.