~Chhapaak Updates Thread~It's A WRAP!!! Release Date - Jan 10 2020!!(Page 4)

Posted: 1 years ago
Yippee! Can't wait to see Deepika back in action.
Thank you for opening this thread  Hug
Edited by sbk2 - 1 years ago
Originally posted by Tasbah

Originally posted by T3ja

Originally posted by KrishnaKeshava

Didn't she say there are too many biopics being made and even a comman man has had struggles LOL
Why this hypocrisy.. hypocrisy.. hypocrisy di.. Embarrassed

you must be secret fan of hers. keeping tab of everything she says.

I am.. I'm fan of her hypocrisy Embarrassed

Well if you're such a fan of keeping tabs at least make the effort to keep proper tabs. She specifically brought up sports biopics. And this story is about a common woman. She was giving a hint for this movie...

Also she said she didn't want to do something this heavy at this moment but when Meghna narrated the story, she not only wanted to be part of it but also wanted to be a producer.
[Article] HT Cafe: 'The Canvas Gets Bigger' 
"Not just sportspeople & film stars, Bollywood filmmakers are now bringing stories of other extraordinary achievers to the big screen"- includes  Meghna Gulzar's film with Deepika Padukone as acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal

Thank you for the thread!  This is such an important story and I have faith that DP and her team will do it justice. Heart
Originally posted by Tasbah

Well if you're such a fan of keeping tabs at least make the effort to keep proper tabs. She specifically brought up sports biopics. And this story is about a common woman. She was giving a hint for this movie...

She was giving a hintShocked while she actually trashed biopics?.. Let me reiterate what she said few days back.. 

"I feel like there are too many biopics being made. In the last few months, I can't count the number of biopics that we've been offered. And they're all great; they're very strong and powerful. But when it comes to a film, after a point, how much are you going to tell me about those struggles? Even a common man on the street has had a similar journey if you ask me."

So why is so okay doing a movie on common man struggles LOL 
Edited by T3ja - 1 years ago

She was giving a hintShockedwhile she actually trashed biopics?.. Let me reiterate what she said few days back..

"I feel like there are too many biopics being made. In the last few months, I can't count the number of biopics that we've been offered. And they're all great; they're very strong and powerful. But when it comes to a film, after a point, how much are you going to tell me about those struggles? Even a common man on the street has had a similar journey if you ask me."

So why is so okay doing a movie on common man strugglesLOL

She is clearly talking about the biopics that was published till then and it was all biopics from well known people. She is saying that common man are going through struggles too and that you can do movies on their struggles too. It doesn't need to be a movie about already well known actor or sportsmen.
Originally posted by nalanin1987

She is clearly talking about the biopics that was published till then and it was all biopics from well known people. She is saying that common man are going through struggles too and that you can do movies on their struggles too. It doesn't need to be a movie about already well known actor or sportsmen.

Thanks for explaining. There's clearly a reading comprehension problem.

E.T.A

When DP went to London for her Madame Tussauds she did an interview where she mentioned how she wants to do a lighter role but sometimes a heavier one comes around. That was before this common man interview. And recently she again brought up how this is a heavy role. So why would she diss all biopics when she was interested in one? LOL This common man interview led to articles with titles about how the common man has a similar journey as a famous person. It was pre-announcement PR.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/news/deepika-padukonei-feel-there-are-too-many-biopics-being-madeeven-common-man-has-had-similar-journey-424283

Edited by Tasbah - 1 years ago

Deepika Padukone Meghna Gulzar Chhapaak