Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

~Chhapaak Updates Thread~It's A WRAP!!! Release Date - Jan 10 2020!! - Page 3

Tasbah thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
This content was originally posted by: T3ja

I am.. I'm fan of her hypocrisy 😳

Well if you're such a fan of keeping tabs at least make the effort to keep proper tabs. She specifically brought up sports biopics. And this story is about a common woman. She was giving a hint for this movie...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yippee! Can't wait to see Deepika back in action.
Thank you for opening this thread  🤗
Edited by sbk2 - 5 years ago
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Well if you're such a fan of keeping tabs at least make the effort to keep proper tabs. She specifically brought up sports biopics. And this story is about a common woman. She was giving a hint for this movie...

Also she said she didn't want to do something this heavy at this moment but when Meghna narrated the story, she not only wanted to be part of it but also wanted to be a producer.
LoseYouToLoveMe thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
[Article] HT Cafe: 'The Canvas Gets Bigger' 
"Not just sportspeople & film stars, Bollywood filmmakers are now bringing stories of other extraordinary achievers to the big screen"- includes  Meghna Gulzar's film with Deepika Padukone as acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal

http://twitter.com/DeepikaPFC/status/1071994438845632512?s=09
HZAnita thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thank you for the thread!  This is such an important story and I have faith that DP and her team will do it justice. ❤️
Trijha thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Tasbah

She was giving a hint😲 while she actually trashed biopics?.. Let me reiterate what she said few days back.. 

"I feel like there are too many biopics being made. In the last few months, I can't count the number of biopics that we've been offered. And they're all great; they're very strong and powerful. But when it comes to a film, after a point, how much are you going to tell me about those struggles? Even a common man on the street has had a similar journey if you ask me."

So why is so okay doing a movie on common man struggles 😆 
Edited by T3ja - 5 years ago
tamil_nalan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: T3ja

She was giving a hint😲while she actually trashed biopics?.. Let me reiterate what she said few days back..

"I feel like there are too many biopics being made. In the last few months, I can't count the number of biopics that we've been offered. And they're all great; they're very strong and powerful. But when it comes to a film, after a point, how much are you going to tell me about those struggles? Even a common man on the street has had a similar journey if you ask me."

So why is so okay doing a movie on common man struggles😆

She is clearly talking about the biopics that was published till then and it was all biopics from well known people. She is saying that common man are going through struggles too and that you can do movies on their struggles too. It doesn't need to be a movie about already well known actor or sportsmen.
Tasbah thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: nalanin1987

She is clearly talking about the biopics that was published till then and it was all biopics from well known people. She is saying that common man are going through struggles too and that you can do movies on their struggles too. It doesn't need to be a movie about already well known actor or sportsmen.

Thanks for explaining. There's clearly a reading comprehension problem.

E.T.A

When DP went to London for her Madame Tussauds she did an interview where she mentioned how she wants to do a lighter role but sometimes a heavier one comes around. That was before this common man interview. And recently she again brought up how this is a heavy role. So why would she diss all biopics when she was interested in one? 😆 This common man interview led to articles with titles about how the common man has a similar journey as a famous person. It was pre-announcement PR.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/news/deepika-padukonei-feel-there-are-too-many-biopics-being-madeeven-common-man-has-had-similar-journey-424283

Edited by Tasbah - 5 years ago
"We will start working on the film early next year. I think it's a story that needs to be told. It's a very important story and it's a true life incident, so hopefully good things will come out of it. -Deepika Padukone on Meghna Gulzar's film

http://twitter.com/DeepikaPFC/status/1073830172367962117?s=09

SCOOP: Rajkummar Rao signed opposite Deepika Padukone for Meghna Gulzar's Laxmi Agarwal biopic

ByBollywood Hungama News Network
Dec 15, 2018 - 1:51 pm IST

After the grand success of PadmaavatDeepika Padukone had not signed any project. It was only in October, this year, it was finally confirmed that Deepika had chosen her next film which is a biopic on acid attack survivour Laxmi Agarwal. Not only that, she will be producing the film as well with Meghna Gulzar on board as the director. Now, it seems that critically acclaimed Rajkummar Rao has been reportedly roped for the film.

#Rajkummar Rao
SCOOP Rajkummar Rao signed opposite Deepika Padukone for Meghna Gulzar's Laxmi Agarwal biopic

As per sources, Deepika Padukone and Meghna Gulzar were hunting for a talented male lead actor. As Rajkummar Rao has been the face of unconventional cinema, it seems like he was the right fit for the role opposite Deepika. Although it is unclear what role the actor would be essaying, but it would be pretty interesting to witness a new pair onscreen telling this important story.

Deepika Padukone, recently at the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards 2018, revealed that she is starting the film early next year. "We will start working on the film early next year. I think it's a story that needs to be told. It's a very important story and it's a true life incident, so hopefully, good things will come out of it, she said.

For the uninitiated, Laxmi Agarwal was merely 15 when two men, Gudda and Naeem Khan attacked her with acid when she waiting at a bus stop in Delhi. Apparently, the girl had refused the advances of the 32 year old man and in a fit of rage, they attacked her. After two years of staying at home and refusing to move owing to the scars, finally in 2006, Laxmi gathered the courage to file a case against reducing acid sales. Eventually in 2013, after the much talked about Nirbhaya rape case, the court changed many laws pertaining to the protection of women and one of them was the PIL filed by Laxmi. She is currently running the Chhanv Foundation to help acid attack survivors.

Laxmi Agarwal has been recognized internationally as well as she received the US State Department's International Women of Courage Award in 2014 from the former US First Lady Michelle Obama.

Previous
1 2 3 4 5 ... 19
Next
Deepika Padukone Thumbnail

Deepika Padukone

Meghna Gulzar Thumbnail

Meghna Gulzar

Chhapaak Poster

Chhapaak