Farewell & a message to the IF "MODS"

Posted: 5 years ago
So I login in the morning to write an OS & I c another PM this time from the Global "MOD" that my WL has been increased. No reason why. After the 1st WL for my KOSTINs I ve adhered to every damn silly rule. Then I c tat almost all my posts ve been closed or removed. Even innocent ones. There is no reason in the PM. In fact very arrogantly it says dont reply to this PM. Even when this forum "MOD" shut down my post requesting for a Frustration Thread (I mean why was tat thread shut down, its not even bt the show or the characters or actors) I still politely replied to her requesting for a Frustration thread.

So why these WLs. I ve been in multiple forums IPK1, IPK2, IPK3, Rangrasiya, EDKV, KRPKAB (silent reader), IMMJ I had only nice experiences. In these 7 yrs I ve not got a single warning. All these forums esp IPK was v active. There were usual fan wars. I used 2 support ASR. Many used 2 support KKG who I disliked. We used 2 ve healthy debates but not once ve I got WLs or any posts closed like this. In fact in IPK1 there was a BASHERS thread exclusively only for bashing Barun & ASR. MODS still allowed those threads. But this forum & its so called "MODS" are the worst kind of joke. Just 4 mths in this forum & all my posts r targeted by trolls, get shut down by these "MODS". Its so blatant tat I am being targeted. I get WL aft WL for what? For criticizing a fictional show, a fictional character or make valid points on acting nuances. But in this forum these ppl will name call & abuse real people. I ve been called LOW LIFE, LIAR, HYPOCRITE, CHEAT & many more. 1 wonderful lady wrote a post bt how we people will mock ppl with panic attacks in real life. What did the MODs do. Very silently edited this madam's post & deleted my post asking her 2 stop making personal attacks. Oh the hypocrisy. The post which attacked forum members is silently edited by the MOD & my post which questioned her for attacking real people was deleted. Really? What is the real meaning of the word MODERATOR. Is it being an unbiased supervisor of a forum or flag bearer of these trolls & rabid fans.

So why call this INDIA FORUM. Why not simply call it india FAN forum because tats wat it is. A shrine to overrated, mediocre TV actors. This is not a place for neutral, intelligent TV viewers who want to discuss, debate over aspects related to acting, writing, direction & other technical details. This forum is just meant for rabid fans to make posts aft posts screeching bt so called chemistry. Story telling, script & other nuances of movie/show making can go to hell.

When I came 2 this forum I saw few posts saying how DD fans r horrible. I just ignored those warnings. Come on I ve been in forums with fans of BS, SI, NP, SS, AB, NS etc. How can tis forum b different. But hell no. All those warnings were true. No where ve I seen such abusive, obnoxious, rabid fans. Every single warning bt DD fans ve been proven right. And wats even worse is the forum MOD also turns a blind eye towards them. They attack in droves. Hijack ur threads & turn it into battle grounds giving these so called MODs an excuse (not that they need an excuse) to shut down ur posts & hand out WLs like candies. Make personal attacks. Hound u. But again nada from the IF MODs. Coz its these rabid fans who earn clicks for their articles. Who comment & comment. So the ppl who run this website dont care bt TV viewers. They care only bt these rabid fans who keep their website ticking with clicks, likes & comments. They dont need sensible tv viewers. They dont need intelligent discussions or thought provoking debates.

Its in IF that I discovered my love for writing. I managed to get the friendship & support of many ppl who liked & commented on my stories. Many of them gradually got disillusioned with IF & left. Now I am at a similar crossroads & the writing on the wall is clear. Rather than being subjected to such ridiculous bias & targeting its better to quit now. Of course aft this post I am sure I ll b permanently banned. Sadly I dont ve the time to copy my stories & then delete them from this site. Its too late now. But I am confident in my talent. Even if I am unable to access my own stories I am sure I can write many more.

A special thanks to all my friends in IPK1 & IMMJ forum. You guys are wonderful!

A final word to the so called MODERATORS of this forum & this website. I know my words will fall on deaf ears but at least going forward do justice to the name MODERATOR & the role it implies. Yes neutral, sensible viewers count might be less on IF & r outnumbered by rabid fanatics of actors but where ever possible at least try to attempt for a semblance of impartiality. Please dont make ur bias so blatant & obvious. Hope there are fewer & fewer unfortunates like me who r targeted, hounded into quitting. After the 1st WL itself I w'd ve quit but I dint coz to me quitting means surrendering. I dint want these rabid people to win. Wanted sanity & neutrality to prevail. Tat's y despite being targeted & posts aft posts getting closed or deleted I persisted. But its no longer worth it. I ve better things to do than waste time with these obnoxious fans & their buddies in the MODs team & IF team.

So there u go. You guys win.

I would like 2 thank each 1 of u who read my stories esp my ARHI stories & posts. Some day I am hoping to quit my IT job & become a full time writer. Have been taking tiny steps by writing articles & reviews. Hopefully 1 day I realize my dream of publishing a book.

Au revoir!
Yep! That's why I've avoided creating topics here.

I've been here since 2005 and never got warnings and this forum gave me one! There were no personal attacks or anything. It seems like whatever DD fans say goes (will I get a WL for this too?!). They first attack your topic and then turn it around to make it look like you're getting personal with them and the actor when that was NEVER the intention.

I was a IF moderator a good few years ago and I'm confused how the rules have changed so much! You can't even criticise the show and the characters in a FORUM! This is why many tv fans have moved to other social media platforms because there's no tolerance on IF!
This is not done mods. Whatever has happened is bad. This  is one of the main reasons many have moved out of IF n r into other SM sites.  We can express our views there with more freedom. If we can't criticise the character, the story, the direction etc then why do we even need such a platform. Just open ATs n be done with it. IF is so biased. 
Angels..Ur final post may also get deleted by the so called mods. Instead of naming it 'India forums' let them name it 'fans forum'. Very apt name. I give a damn if I get a warning for this. 
Always enjoyed ur posts n also ur stories. Good luck with ur writing!
Best of kuch nice meeting you.
This forum is quite a biased place
Yaar i too got warning wen started actively posting threads here..i think u right...
shocking
I remember how most of us used to make fun of characters, even be critical of actors there. There used to be real fan wars not like here. So many issues that we had around 4-5 mods to manage the forum. The posts were reported left right centre and mods had a real tough time managing the forum lol. 
 But the members had the freedom to make spoofs and fun posts. Angel believe me ur Kostin posts were too mild if u compared them with what we had in DMG forum. I was quite surprised to know that u got warning for making those wonderful posts .
Mods u ppl need to mellow down a little.
I too sometimes quit this silsila forum...other forums i nvr got any warnings...
I used to be a active member few years ago (bidaai days) then i left. Now after 3/4 years i am back and this is the only show i follow. As far as I remember we were free to discuss characters, their traits (and yes laugh at it when its obnoxious) and overall making of the show be it writing, production value or acting. But here, MODS seem to close every topic that even dares to question the capabilities if Drashti Dhami.
Mods on this forums are very biased and blatantly so. Its shameful.
Do we have a place to complaint against the moderator ?
Nothing personal but I think the moderator herself is breaching forum rules.
She is a fan of actor whose character is pukeworthy but she is so biased that she takes it as personal attack and close all post. This is ridiculous and quite annoying. She herself is in policing mode.
A lot goes on IMMJ forum, but no one is reported there. Here, it's a norm to report on every little thing, as if game is being played. I have never seen MODS so attentive in any forum. In fact, KZK2 MOD takes active participation in debates. Even in Bepanaah forum, lot has gone about criticizing the characters, even actors at times, but it goes so smoothly down there. Even in Ishqabaaz, Kumkum Bhagya, Chandranandini forum, YHM, things go on so smoothly. This show isn't even a rage in TRPs, as to say.
I remember few posts few days ago to troll Mauli supporters, and it was so carefully edited, despite the clear multiple reports.
That says something now.
Edited by arshi_asya - 5 years ago