Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Accused of sexual harassment, actor Rajat Kapoor , More on Page 2

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Published: Oct 08, 2018

Actor and filmmaker Rajat Kapoor has responded to allegations of sexual harassment from two women, saying if he has "slipped and through actions or words he would like to apologise "from the bottom of his heart. Journalist Sandhya Menon shared screenshots of her conversation with the two women where they claimed that Kapoor harassed them on phone.

One is the account of a woman journalist who said that during a telephonic interview with Kapoor in 2007, he asked her inappropriate questions such as Are you as sexy as you sound?' and even questioned her about her body measurements.

Another victim, who has worked in the past as an assistant director, said that Kapoor called her a number of times saying he wants to shoot a film with her in an "empty house. The incident reportedly happened over 10 years ago. Responding to the claims, Kapoor tweeted, "All my life I have tried to be a decent man, to do the right thing. If however, I have slipped and through my actions or words caused pain or hurt or trauma to absolutely anybody, please accept my apology.

He added, "I am sorry from the bottom of my heart- and sad that I was the cause of this hurt to another human being. If there is one thing more important to me than even my work, it is to be a good human being. And I have tried to be that person. And now, I will try harder.
Edited by JackSparrowcraz - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ok he was inappropriate but he did not actually do harassment . 
ToujoursPur thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Anachronist

No. But given the chance...
People like these who have not actually done anything but give off sleazy vibes get away too easily. Its because of them we need uber instead of buses.

I suppose his next excuse would be he was prepping for his character in monsoon wedding.🤢
FanofAreebsMum thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Anachronist

what do you think harassment is?

what he has said to those women is sexual harassment plain and simple..he has degraded them and reduced them to sex objects by ignoring their professions and creating hostile work environment by being a predator...

i knew one of the reasons Me Too will not work in India is because sexual harassments like these are so normalised..  majority of people in this forum need to learn what is acceptable behaviour and what is sexual harassment.. first step is education.. violent rape is not the only rape..
Edited by Doodh_Ki_Dhuli - 5 years ago
Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

what do you think harassment is?

what he has said to those women is sexual harassment plain and simple..he has degraded them and reduced them to sex objects by ignoring their professions and creating hostile work environment by being a predator...

i knew one of the reasons Me Too will not work in India is because sexual harassments like these are so normalised..  majority of people in this forum need to learn what is acceptable behaviour and what is sexual harassment.. first step is education.. violent rape is not the only rape..

No , he has not touched them inappropriately so he has not done what you call definition of SH. Would he have if he got the chance , maybe but you cannot imprison him on basis of this
Zeeliciousxo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
What you call the definition of sexual harassment? Please tell me, what do you think is the definition? Because the definition is NOT just about physical harassment. It actually includes verbal harassment and is definitely enough basis to take legal action against people like Rajat Kapoor.Edited by Zeeliciousxo - 5 years ago
hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

The United Nations General Recommendation 19 to the Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women defines sexual harassment of women to include:

such unwelcome sexually determined behavior as physical contact and advances, sexually colored remarks, showing po*nography and sexual demands, whether by words or actions. Such conduct can be humiliating and may constitute a health and safety problem; it is discriminatory when the woman has reasonable ground to believe that her objection would disadvantage her in connection with her employment, including recruitment or promotion, or when it creates a hostile working environment.

desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This is sexual harassment... any sexual innuendo verbally or physically calls for sexual harassment...
JackOfAllTrades thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hotchic2

The United Nations General Recommendation 19 to the Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women defines sexual harassment of women to include:

such unwelcome sexually determined behavior as physical contact and advances, sexually colored remarks, showing po*nography and sexual demands, whether by words or actions. Such conduct can be humiliating and may constitute a health and safety problem; it is discriminatory when the woman has reasonable ground to believe that her objection would disadvantage her in connection with her employment, including recruitment or promotion, or when it creates a hostile working environment.

Thanks for sharing this here ðŸ˜Š
Most people still thonk that only rape or groping is sexual harassment
serendipity_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
You cannot even comment on people's outfit because some companies place in under sexual harassment. It's not just about physically touching someone.